PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

No, no wounds taken on that jaunt. It was just narrative. He has 1 wound left from the 2(?) taken during the mission to hijack the CC-9979. He recovered the other through natural rest, and if we get to sleep tonight he'll recover the last one.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, no wounds taken on that jaunt. It was just narrative. He has 1 wound left from the 2(?) taken during the mission to hijack the CC-9979. He recovered the other through natural rest, and if we get to sleep tonight he'll recover the last one.

Was that the day before? If so, then Mireska would have zapped him with her Heal power and/or a mundane Medicine (First Aid variant) check as soon as she saw that.

(Apologies from me as Mireska's player - I should have been more on the ball there.)

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Was that the day before? If so, then Mireska would have zapped him with her Heal power and/or a mundane Medicine (First Aid variant) check as soon as she saw that.

(Apologies from me as Mireska's player - I should have been more on the ball there.)

It's fine, it's a really minor injury and Camouflage wouldn't really bother to have it taken care of.

Not much more than a bruise under his armor.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt

By the way, I just noticed that your CW AU characters on SWSheets still have Wounds taken (Current Wounds) listed.

I assume that Jorin is at 0 Wounds (otherwise Mireska would have reacted!), but is Camouflage still suffering from any Wounds taken on his recent recon jaunt?

Thanks, lol.. I'm sure I would've noticed eventually :D

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Thanks, lol.. I'm sure I would've noticed eventually :D

Like when you went to add 7 wounds from the first droid attack...

17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's fine, it's a really minor injury and Camouflage wouldn't really bother to have it taken care of.

Not much more than a bruise under his armor.

Well, barring desperate triage conditions, Mireska prefers to keep the people around her in as perfect condition as possible.

Edited by Bellona
Spelling ....
1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Well, barring desperate triage condions, Mireska prefers to keep the people around her in as perfect condition as possible.

Assuming he gets to sleep, he'll be at 0 anyway.

Camouflage wouldn't want any medical attention for something that minimal, so narratively he'd wave her off and just recover naturally. If it was much worse, he'd get help.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Assuming he gets to sleep, he'll be at 0 anyway.

Camouflage wouldn't want any medical attention for something that minimal, so narratively he'd wave her off and just recover naturally. If it was much worse, he'd get help.

Up to you, of course, but the offer is there IC (either Heal power or Medicine check). The lure of comfortable sleeeep ... :D

@EliasWindrider

Shall we scene wipe to the next day?

Or do you want to deal with Ker'see's expedition first? (Or at least as far as her team travelling, then finding a sniper's nest location?)

@EliasWindrider , @Bellona , @MrTInce , @RuusMarev

Screenwipe time? :)

I think it would be most convenient and efficient to skip/gloss over the planning and preparation phase.

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Shall we scene wipe to the next day?

Or do you want to deal with Ker'see's expedition first? (Or at least as far as her team travelling, then finding a sniper's nest location?)

@MrTInce why don't you narrate an interaction with Spanner and then you and your team traveling out to find a sniper's nest (overlooking the separatist garrison. Then we screen wipe.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@MrTInce why don't you narrate an interaction with Spanner and then you and your team traveling out to find a sniper's nest (overlooking the separatist garrison. Then we screen wipe.

Narratively speaking I'm already on the BARCs with the squad...

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Narratively speaking I'm already on the BARCs with the squad...

I believe that he also wants a little travel montage, followed by some description of finding and settling into a sniper's nest with the spotters and flankers (a.k.a. Squad Ker'see).

(But you probably already figured that out. :) )

Making a leap in the BARC: BARC leap! : 1eP+5eA+1eB+2eC+1eD 4 successes
p-s-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a--.png b--.png c-f.png c-f-th.png d-th.png

Farsight check: Farsight : 3eF 4 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Edited by MrTInce

What difficulty should hiding the BARCs be?

Also what should I roll to find a sniper nest?

10 hours ago, MrTInce said:

What difficulty should hiding the BARCs be?

Also what should I roll to find a sniper nest?

Don't need to roll to hide the barc if you put it far enough away (in a damaged building at extreme range)

For snipers nest

If you're ok with shooting from extreme range 1 purple

If you want to shoot from long range 3 purple

If you want to shoot from medium range 2 red, 3 purple a d a black

If you want to shoot from short range you'll need to flip a destiny point and roll against 5 red and 3 black.

You'd be rolling stealth but with cunning

Actually survival is better

Edited by EliasWindrider

We'll opt for Extreme as we have the rifle and it gives us a better chance to get away.

Looking for Sniper Nest : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f.png

With the advantage can I upgrade checks to spot the team?

11 hours ago, MrTInce said:

We'll opt for Extreme as we have the rifle and it gives us a better chance to get away.

Looking for Sniper Nest : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f.png

With the advantage can I upgrade checks to spot the team?

No. An upgrade for one check cost a triumph, passing yourself a boost generally cost 2 advantage, you can pass 1 boost to the next team member to act in an encounter, but this will be out of the current"encounter".

On 9/5/2020 at 6:05 PM, EliasWindrider said:

No. An upgrade for one check cost a triumph, passing yourself a boost generally cost 2 advantage, you can pass 1 boost to the next team member to act in an encounter, but this will be out of the current"encounter".

I'm looking at the survival chart in Savage Spirits. For two advantage spent one can do "No Surprise", which reads: The PCs shelter is well hidden from detection, or they cover their tracks perfectly. Add two set back to Perception checks to discern their presence here.

Could I do this?

2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I'm looking at the survival chart in Savage Spirits. For two advantage spent one can do "No Surprise", which reads: The PCs shelter is well hidden from detection, or they cover their tracks perfectly. Add two set back to Perception checks to discern their presence here.

Could I do this?

Yes, until you shoot. Once you shoot you reveal your location (glowing blaster bolts flying through the air do that.)

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Yes, until you shoot. Once you shoot you reveal your location (glowing blaster bolts flying through the air do that.)

It is implied that it takes a Perception check to locate concealed shooters as there are attachments that add Setback to that attempt.

The way I handle Perception checks is range=difficulty (like ranged combat), Setback for concealment, Boost for anything making it easier to spot a concealed shooter. I'd add a Boost (and a Setback) for each die of concealment from darkness, as the darker it is the easier it is to spot a blaster bolt/muzzle flash.

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It is implied that it takes a Perception check to locate concealed shooters as there are attachments that add Setback to that attempt.

The way I handle Perception checks is range=difficulty (like ranged combat), Setback for concealment, Boost for anything making it easier to spot a concealed shooter. I'd add a Boost (and a Setback) for each die of concealment from darkness, as the darker it is the easier it is to spot a blaster bolt/muzzle flash.

They would, of course, know what direction the bolt came from, so they aren't likely to just be standing around gawking and will act accordingly.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

A slug thrower yeah. Because it doesn't glow as it flies through the air, you have to notice the muzzle flash. But if it's a point of contention, I'll set the base difficulty at simple (no purple), there's probably 150 minion groups of b1's out every 5 groups has a supervisor droid, so 30 supervisor droids, group thos into 5 minion groups of 6, so if I roll 1eP+4eA 5 times and come up with no successes, then ok the don't se you. But advantage rolls over boosts. Basically the chances of not being seen by that many optical sensors, is essentially zero.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

A slug thrower yeah. Because it doesn't glow as it flies through the air, you have to notice the muzzle flash. But if it's a point of contention, I'll set the base difficulty at simple (no purple), there's probably 150 minion groups of b1's out every 5 groups has a supervisor droid, so 30 supervisor droids, group thos into 5 minion groups of 6, so if I roll 1eP+4eA 5 times and come up with no successes, then ok the don't se you. But advantage rolls over boosts. Basically the chances of not being seen by that many optical sensors, is essentially zero.

Well if you want to get snippy about it...

You're the GM so it's your call, but that's a pretty absurd contention. Especially as not all droids are going to have line of sight on her location, many aren't even going to be looking her way, and you don't just have to get an idea where the bolt came from, you've got to know the exact location. From 200+ meters away. You aren't even likely able to see a personal-scale bolt from that distance. B1s are are not known for being eagle-eyed.

But like I said, they would know what direction it came from and would respond accordingly. They just wouldn't be able to direct artillery fire on her position because they wouldn't know her precise location (like what floor she's firing from, or possibly even which building).

As for who makes the check, I'd say whoever is around the target. So a B1 commander or a tactical droid, or Loathsom if he isn't dispatched by the shot. Maybe a couple minion groups of battle droids (which don't have Perception as a career skill, by the way).

The officer directing droid operations would likely direct B1s towards the direction of the shot, and each shot from the same position would make pinning down the location easier, adding a Boost.

24 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well if you want to get snippy about it...

You're the GM so it's your call, but that's a pretty absurd contention. Especially as not all droids are going to have line of sight on her location, many aren't even going to be looking her way, and you don't just have to get an idea where the bolt came from, you've got to know the exact location. From 200+ meters away. You aren't even likely able to see a personal-scale bolt from that distance. B1s are are not known for being eagle-eyed.

But like I said, they would know what direction it came from and would respond accordingly. They just wouldn't be able to direct artillery fire on her position because they wouldn't know her precise location (like what floor she's firing from, or possibly even which building).

As for who makes the check, I'd say whoever is around the target. So a B1 commander or a tactical droid, or Loathsom if he isn't dispatched by the shot. Maybe a couple minion groups of battle droids (which don't have Perception as a career skill, by the way).

The officer directing droid operations would likely direct B1s towards the direction of the shot, and each shot from the same position would make pinning down the location easier, adding a Boost.

I wasn't trying to be snippy, and those were just the droids with line of sight not all droids in the garrison.

I don't get why this is an issue for you, when the sniper team was taking pot shots at the PC jedi on the way to sabotage the bridges the jedi PCs knew exactly where the sniper nest was after the first shot, and Ker'see is using a rifle liberated from those enemy snipers. I'm being perfectly consistent with my previous ruling.

Supervisor droids are a bit smarter than a run of the mill b1, and being droids they can back calculate the trajectory of the bolt provided they see a decent portion of it's flight path. A muzzle flash you have to be looking at when it happens to see it.

Edited by EliasWindrider