PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

9 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

I was accounting for the reduction in healing since it's the 2nd stimpack, but hadn't accounted for the stimpack not working before damage was calculated. If it doesn't work as an immediate incidental, I believe it puts Condor 2 over wound threshold. I believe I could avoid him being incapacitated via taking a rank of Toughened, so he doesn't exceed his wound threshold, if that's acceptable to you.

The 2 Threat was on the second roll, and you calculate damage before you resolve Advantage, and you resolve Advantage before you resolve Threat. So GM is correct (just clarifying as to why and for future reference).

10 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

I was accounting for the reduction in healing since it's the 2nd stimpack, but hadn't accounted for the stimpack not working before damage was calculated. If it doesn't work as an immediate incidental, I believe it puts Condor 2 over wound threshold. I believe I could avoid him being incapacitated via taking a rank of Toughened, so he doesn't exceed his wound threshold, if that's acceptable to you.

Taking the rank of toughened is acceptable. Btw (my interpretation/ruling) since you're squaded up and share actions with balyeg, they would have been able to use the stimpack on you with the free maneuver. But it would biring your strain threshold to max, and remain there after you've been brought back to consciousness by the stimpack.

After christophsis/rescuing jabba's son, you'll be able to spend xp on mondays after receiving it but won't be able to on demand spend xp like this... first to planets are a burn in period so that beyond the large initial xp you get to adept your PCs readily to make them more like the adaptations you would have in response to how they played to get to this point.

Edited by EliasWindrider
10 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Taking the rank of toughened is acceptable. Btw (my interpretation/ruling) since you're squaded up and share actions with balyeg, they would have been able to use the stimpack on you with the free maneuver. But it would biring your strain threshold to max, and remain there after you've been brought back to consciousness by the stimpack.

Oof, yeah that'd be pretty rough being at 4 crits, max strain, and 2 under WT, so I'm glad you're letting me take a rank of toughened for this. Making a mental note not to be squadded up so much in the future.

It sounds like Mireska will have some work to do when the commandos return ...

@P-47 Thunderbolt @ShockHelix so

1) who's turn is it now?

2) where are you going to be in the ship?

3) do you want to do vehicle combat against a pair of vilture droids in your way out?

It's Condor's turn.

Varactyl Squad is going out to join Condor and Balyeg Squad, Camo would switch with the more qualified pilot if/when Condor gets to the bridge.

They wouldn't be able to do much of anything, so I'm not sure it's necessary to bother. They don't pose a threat to the ship, and it'd make this scene drag on for longer when ShockHelix is on a more limited posting schedule. I think we should probably deal with the rest of the droids in the ship and plunk it down on the location, narrating being under fire and/or shooting the vultures down.

50 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's Condor's turn.

Varactyl Squad is going out to join Condor and Balyeg Squad, Camo would switch with the more qualified pilot if/when Condor gets to the bridge.

They wouldn't be able to do much of anything, so I'm not sure it's necessary to bother. They don't pose a threat to the ship, and it'd make this scene drag on for longer when ShockHelix is on a more limited posting schedule. I think we should probably deal with the rest of the droids in the ship and plunk it down on the location, narrating being under fire and/or shooting the vultures down.

When you go to kill the droids you will be targeting solo minions rather minion groups.

After an early dinner:

Mireska's first spar vs. Ker'see, Initiative ...

Spar 1 vs. Ker'see - Initiative : 1eP+2eA+4eF 3 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
p-s-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Final Result (using 2 LS pips for Successes) : 5 Successes, 2 Advantages

Vigilance Initiative : 1eP+1eA+1eB+3eF 3 advantage, 4 Dark Side
p-a.png a-a.png b-a.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png

I guess you get to go first...

@MrTInce

Incidental: Mireska snaps on her portable plasma shield (upping her defence to 4).

Action: she then tries to activate her Protect power ...

Spar 1 vs. Ker'see - Protect power : 4eF+2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds-ds.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png

... *grumble* ... not enough LS pips so no successful activation ...

2 Advantages: +1 Boost to Mireska's next check.

1 Triumph: +1 upgrade to Mireska's next check.

(I'd have spent the 2 Advantages and 1 Triumph more offensively vs. Ker'see, except I can't quite get it to fit that Ker'see would be the targeted character when the power being activated by Mireska is a defensive one.)

Note: if Ker'see targets Mireska with a Force power, then Ker'see generates one less useful (LS in this case) pip, due to Mireska's Calming Aura talent.

So Mireska is just waiting there, with her shield up.

Edited by Bellona

@Bellona

Well it worked on the target so let's try it on a living target.

Saber swarm for one strain, True Aim and then saber throw.

Saber swarm Throw! : 6eP+1eB+2eD+4eS+3eF 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

Adding in the bonus success from the saber that becomes 4 successes.

So 15 damage as I will use the deadly accuracy on first hit and will then trigger linked 1 on the triumph making a second hit for a total of 11.

Also generated enough pips to bring the saber back to Ker'see.

Edited by MrTInce
39 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

@Bellona

Saber swarm Throw! : 6eP+1eB+2eD+4eS+3eF 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

So 15 damage as I will use the deadly accuracy on first hit and will then trigger linked 1 on the triumph making a second hit for a total of 11.

This isn't a hard no (yet), but I need a good justification why the 2 handed +1 damage would apply when no hands are on the saber.

@EliasWindrider

Does one Parry or Reflect a thrown 'sabre? Or would it be defender's choice?

3 hours ago, MrTInce said:

@Bellona

... Linked attacks: it's one attack but separate hits, so I assume that Mireska will need to use Parry against each hit separately.

(Ker'see has FR 3, so her Sabre Swarm attack has Linked 3. Was she going easy on Mireska by using only Linked 1?)

Using Parry 2(+2) and Soak 4 to subtract 8 from each hit for +3 Strain each time: 15-8 = 7 Stun, 11-8 = 3 Stun. Total: 10 Stun + 6 Strain = 16/17 Strain.

(Assuming that the two-handed weapon damage bonus flies, pun intended. Otherwise just 14/17 Strain.)

ETA

I forgot the Resolve 2 talent, assuming that it works against involuntarily receiving Strain in the form of Stun damage.

That reduced each instance of involuntary Strain by 2, so that would be 12/17 Strain suffered, or just 10/17 if no 2-Handed damage is allowed.

Edited by Bellona
I forgot the Resolve 2 talent. Then it was bad math.
1 minute ago, Bellona said:

(Ker'see has FR 3, so her Sabre Swarm attack has Linked 3. Was she going easy on Mireska by using only Linked 1?)

The LS pips were used to return her weapon.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The LS pips were used to return her weapon.

Sabre Swarm costs only +1 Strain and a manoeuvre. No Force pips are needed, only a Force Rating.

Edited by Bellona

Sabre Swarm costs only +1 Strain and a manoeuvre. No Force pips are needed, only a Force Rating.

No, return the saber. From the Saber Throw.

@P-47 Thunderbolt

I don't understand what you're trying to explain.

Sabre Swarm: "The character may take the Sabre Swarm manoeuvre, suffering +1 Strain. His next Lightsabre (Agility) combat check this turn gains the Linked item quality, with ranks equal to Force rating."

True Aim: second manoeuvre, suffering +2 Strain.

Sabre Throw: "The character may take the Sabre Throw action, making a Lightsabre combat check as a ranged attack at one target within Medium range, adding Force Dice no greater than his Force rating to the check. The character must spend 1 Force pip and succeed on the check to hit his target; he may spend +1 Force pip to have his weapon return to his hand after resolving the attack."

The Force pips were only used on the Sabre Throw. The Sabre Swarm requires a Force rating, but no Force pips need to be generated.

Unless you're saying that the FR 3 value has to be divided between the Sabre Swarm (Linked 1) and the Sabre Throw (2 Force dice)? (In which case there was one too many Force dice rolled on the attack, not that that would have made any difference in this case if one just removes the last Force die's result.)

Linked costs 2 advantages or a triumph to activate each value. I only had one triumph so could only activate it once despite having 3 ranks of it.

Regarding the two handed thing I figure throwing a weapon with two hands rather than one is stronger (thinking of things like hammer throw or caber toss).

Edited by MrTInce
Just now, MrTInce said:

Linked costs 2 advantages or a triumph to activate each value. I only had one triumph so could only activate it once despite having 3 ranks of it.

Thank you for that clarification - I'd forgotten that it needed to be activated as well.

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt

I don't understand what you're trying to explain.

Sabre Swarm: "The character may take the Sabre Swarm manoeuvre, suffering +1 Strain. His next Lightsabre (Agility) combat check this turn gains the Linked item quality, with ranks equal to Force rating."

True Aim: second manoeuvre, suffering +2 Strain.

Sabre Throw: "The character may take the Sabre Throw action, making a Lightsabre combat check as a ranged attack at one target within Medium range, adding Force Dice no greater than his Force rating to the check. The character must spend 1 Force pip and succeed on the check to hit his target; he may spend +1 Force pip to have his weapon return to his hand after resolving the attack."

The Force pips were only used on the Sabre Throw. The Sabre Swarm requires a Force rating, but no Force pips need to be generated.

Unless you're saying that the FR 3 value has to be divided between the Sabre Swarm (Linked 1) and the Sabre Throw (2 Force dice)? (In which case there was one too many Force dice rolled on the attack, not that that would have made any difference in this case if one just removes the last Force die's result.)

I wasn't saying anything about Saber Swarm.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I wasn't saying anything about Saber Swarm.

Then why did you make that comment about the LS pip expenditure (Sabre Throw), while quoting my line which was focused on Sabre Swarm? That was what confused me about your comment.

Then why did you make that comment about the LS pip expenditure (Sabre Throw), while quoting my line which was focused on Sabre Swarm? That was what confused me about your comment.

Because I thought your confusion was using the LS pips to trigger Linked since they were the only results other than the Triumph and the Successes.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Because I thought your confusion was using the LS pips to trigger Linked since they were the only results other than the Triumph and the Successes.

Understood now. :)

(It turned out that my confusion was due to forgetting that each Linked hit not only needed to be triggered, but also triggered separately.)

@EliasWindrider @MrTInce

If Mireska wants to use the Bind basic power on Ker'see, would the opposed part of the check be Mireska's Discipline vs. Ker'see's Resilience (going by the last example given in the sidebar on p. 283 in FaD)? Or the more standard Discipline vs. Discipline?