PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@EliasWindrider

By the way (in case there was any doubt), Mireska did follow through on her promise to heal the sniper prisoner's blindness once the Jedi group returned to the GAR garrison. That was part of Mireska's block of time spent in Medical after their return. (Before the lightsabre crafting.)

Do you want me to roll for Critical Injury removal? She'll have two opportunities: one with a mundane Medicine skill check, one with an otherwise successful combined Heal power/Medicine skill check (i.e., the Heal power has to be properly activated before the accompanying Medicine check is possible).

@EliasWindrider , just wanted to verify: when using Secrets of the Jedi, Jorin has 3 ranks in Lore, would I round it up to 2 or would it only be 1? (basically lowering difficulty to 1eD) And I believe I would receive 3 boots from two Jedi and Spanner in order to assemble a shoto using a training emitter - until Jorin is able to locate a second crystal... would Secrets also apply to the emitter for checks?

7 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

@EliasWindrider , just wanted to verify: when using Secrets of the Jedi, Jorin has 3 ranks in Lore, would I round it up to 2 or would it only be 1? (basically lowering difficulty to 1eD) And I believe I would receive 3 boots from two Jedi and Spanner in order to assemble a shoto using a training emitter - until Jorin is able to locate a second crystal... would Secrets also apply to the emitter for checks?

Secrets of the jedi 3 ranks = 2 difficulty reduction to a minimum of 1 purple... it doesn't get easier than 1 purple difficulty. Ker'see has no ranks in mechanics so no boost from her, so 2 boosts and an upgrade. Only 1 check needed.

Edited by EliasWindrider
5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Secrets of the jedi 3 ranks = 2 difficulty reduction to a minimum of 1 purple... it doesn't get easier than 1 purple difficulty. Ker'see has no ranks in mechanics so no boost from her, so 2 boosts and an upgrade. Only 1 check needed.

Technically, unskilled assistance (for +1 Boost) does not require skill ranks (it's skilled assistance that requires either higher skill ranks or a higher characteristic. Of course, how many helpers can assist on one project is up to the GM.

13 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin gets skilled assistance from Mireska; she has Intellect 4 (as opposed to his Intellect 3), so the ability part of the dice pool is 4 ... i.e., YYGG.

(Come to think of it, either Mireska's or Jorin's skill ranks in Mechanics would have given Ker'see 2 Proficiency dice. If Ethan had helped, there would have been 3 Proficiency dice instead when using her Quick Fix talent too.)

Edited by Bellona
8 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ok.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I understood 🙂

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

Jorin gets skilled assistance from Mireska; she has Intellect 4 (as opposed to his Intellect 3), so the ability part of the dice pool is 4 ... i.e., YYGG.

(Come to think of it, either Mireska's or Jorin's skill ranks in Mechanics would have given Ker'see 2 Proficiency dice. If Ethan had helped, there would have been 3 Proficiency dice instead when using her Quick Fix talent too.)

So I'm looking at a pool of: 3eP 1eA 2eB vs 1eD?

(Trying to read the Core as my pets climb on me and chewing my book) <_<

6 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I understood 🙂

So I'm looking at a pool of: 3eP 1eA 2eB vs 1eD?

(Trying to read the Core as my pets climb on me and chewing my book) <_<

@P-47 Thunderbolt care to spot check my memory on this?

Skilled assistance is worth an ability upgrade you get it from only 1 character who has more skill ranks than you, and you are still the person making the check so you use your own attribute.

Short answer is drop the 1eA and you've got it right.

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin Shoto (subject to GM approval)

Jorin Shoto craft (subject to GM approval) : 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eD 4 successes, 4 advantage

p-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png

My take is 4 successes 3 advantage.

44 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

My take is 4 successes 3 advantage.

Ok, I'd like to use the advantages on Personalized Design..

Am I correct that the Damage will be based on Training Emitter (Damage +6, Stun damage quality) until a suitable crystal can be sourced.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt care to spot check my memory on this?

Skilled assistance is worth an ability upgrade you get it from only 1 character who has more skill ranks than you, and you are still the person making the check so you use your own attribute.

Short answer is drop the 1eA and you've got it right.

Characteristic from one, Skill from a second. If PC A has 2 in Intellect, but 4 in Mechanics, and PC B has 4 in Intellect, but 0 in Mechanics, then the pool would be 4eP regardless of who is the "acting character."

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Characteristic from one, Skill from a second. If PC A has 2 in Intellect, but 4 in Mechanics, and PC B has 4 in Intellect, but 0 in Mechanics, then the pool would be 4eP regardless of who is the "acting character."

That seems really abusable but we'll go with RAW

4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok, I'd like to use the advantages on Personalized Design..

Am I correct that the Damage will be based on Training Emitter (Damage +6, Stun damage quality) until a suitable crystal can be sourced.

Typically a shoto would either be a precision hilt (2 purple) or a defensive hilt (3 purple) and your 3 lore plus secrets of the jedi would reduce either to 1 purple, so I'll let you choose either of those if you like and I was wrong it's 4 advantage.

@P-47 Thunderbolt are the droids at long and medium

Btw @ShockHelix if you don't have the strong arm talent you can only throw a grenade at a target in short range with strong arm you get to throw a grenade at a target at medium range. But I'll let the throw slide as a one off (assuming I read and remembered your post correctly.

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Btw @ShockHelix if you don't have the strong arm talent you can only throw a grenade at a target in short range with strong arm you get to throw a grenade at a target at medium range. But I'll let the throw slide as a one off (assuming I read and remembered your post correctly.

Yes. We stopped the one at Medium, so it doesn't get a Maneuver. The one at Long does, so both checks would be Average (with Modifiers) since it can take a Maneuver to move up.

It was a grenade launcher.

Varactyl Squad (taking the top spot back):
Maneuver to move into the room and get past the droids' cover.
Action: Blast 'em!: Auto-Fire : 4eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png

(9+2-[4-1])*2=16, destroying all 3 droids.

@EliasWindrider , is Camouflage in sight range of the phalanxes?

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It was a grenade launcher.

Technically via RAW it was an auto-fire attack, and the roll was appropriate. For IC, I just flavored it as someone besides Condor doing the damage since they’re in a squad and Balyeg hasn’t been getting any attacks.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Typically a shoto would either be a precision hilt (2 purple) or a defensive hilt (3 purple) and your 3 lore plus secrets of the jedi would reduce either to 1 purple, so I'll let you choose either of those if you like and I was wrong it's 4 advantage.

I'm going with Defensive for the hilt, and debating on Personal Design vs Energy Bleed...

if the hilt will always have stun damage as well, is that preferable to an extra success? (I do plan on making additional attachments later)

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Varactyl Squad (taking the top spot back):
Maneuver to move into the room and get past the droids' cover.
Action: Blast 'em!: Auto-Fire : 4eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png

(9+2-[4-1])*2=16, destroying all 3 droids.

@EliasWindrider , is Camouflage in sight range of the phalanxes?

No

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I'm going with Defensive for the hilt, and debating on Personal Design vs Energy Bleed...

if the hilt will always have stun damage as well, is that preferable to an extra success? (I do plan on making additional attachments later)

There is an attachment called "damping emitter" so you can switch from stun ton normal with a maneuver, it's a poor man's cycle crystal array particularly if paired with a dragite gem. I'd go with personalized design.

@EliasWindrider @RuusMarev

According to the lightsabre crafting tables at the back of Endless Vigil , the only example given for a defensive lightsabre template is the guard shoto ( Keeping the Peace ). The regular shoto (FaD CRB) is among the examples given for a precision lightsabre template.

(The guard shoto has a lot of defensive bonuses, but it requires Agility 4 to wield without suffering the Unwieldy penalty.)

How close are we keeping to the examples given on that template table?

8 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

No

In that case, I wish I had Field Commander. :P

Hmm...
I do have Tactical Evasion...
Nah, Balyeg can get out of their sight range before they get a chance to act. Better to just draw deeces and sit tight.

Where exactly are we? We aren't in the bridge yet, correct?

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider @RuusMarev

According to the lightsabre crafting tables at the back of Endless Vigil , the only example given for a defensive lightsabre template is the guard shoto ( Keeping the Peace ). The regular shoto (FaD CRB) is among the examples given for a precision lightsabre template.

(The guard shoto has a lot of defensive bonuses, but it requires Agility 4 to wield without suffering the Unwieldy penalty.)

How close are we keeping to the examples given on that template table?

For now, I'm going with the defense shoto.. Based on the crafting table (I thought it was mentioned in other sources, I'll have to double check) I am aware of the Guard Shoto / Tonfa, and I plan on getting one after I gain Knighthood..

But until I do, I'll use this more like Ahsoka, Parry and Deflect and my main saber for attacks..

The crafting table also has the Attack Shoto...

(they really dont have a craftable Tonfa / Guard Shoto do they? --or did I just make the Guard?)

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

In that case, I wish I had Field Commander. :P

Hmm...
I do have Tactical Evasion...
Nah, Balyeg can get out of their sight range before they get a chance to act. Better to just draw deeces and sit tight.

Where exactly are we? We aren't in the bridge yet, correct?

The droids you just shot were in the bridge but you didn't walk in.

Oh this is the bridge. I thought we were trying to gain access to a room with the lift to take us up to the bridge like in the show.

In that case, I'll draw a deece and walk in.