PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

On 5/31/2020 at 3:30 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@ShockHelix The hit will be directed at the group at long range because you rolled 4 purple and the first hit goes to the group you target. That will mean both groups will be in medium range this turn... actually... one time only I will let you direct your hit to the one at medium even though you targeted the one at long. Going forward the difficulty selects the target.

Interesting, I was not aware that the first hit had to be directed at the highest difficulty, I thought you just had to make the roll against the highest difficulty among targets. That being said, I'd be interested if it functions differently in this instance, particularly because I want to clarify that I wasn't actually intending to even try and hit the group already at Long Range.

The reason I rolled for the higher difficulty is because, as I stated, a single hit would be likely to kill the 3 B1's required, which it did. However, this technically pushes that group back to long range, and if I understand correctly, that would mean it would now technically require a higher difficulty to take a hit. I suppose my confusion here is between the relationship between auto-fire and Phalanxes, so for further clarification -

In the event that I had auto-fire here, and the first hit was sufficient to push the phalanx back to Long Range, would I still then be able to use the advantage to apply an additional hit to the same phalanx with auto-fire despite them now being at a higher range band?

On 5/31/2020 at 5:29 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Shoot at condor : 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 3 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d--.png s--.png s--.png

@ShockHelix 12 damage incoming and a crit incoming

Shooting at Varactyl squad : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 threat
p-s.png p--.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png

@P-47 Thunderbolt 10 damage incoming.

How do you want to spend the threats?

Ouch, another crit? Well let's see what it comes out as. I believe we add 10 to the roll since Condor's already suffered one correct?

I'll also use that two threat for a free maneuver to use a stimpak here so Condor doesn't go down to the next hit. That damage is rough.

Edited by ShockHelix
8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

In the event that I had auto-fire here, and the first hit was sufficient to push the phalanx back to Long Range, would I still then be able to use the advantage to apply an additional hit to the same phalanx with auto-fire despite them now being at a higher range band?

They don't move back until you resolve the attack. Technically, I don't think they move back until the end of the round.

Regarding making Ker'see's new lightsaber who wants to make the roll?

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

Regarding making Ker'see's new lightsaber who wants to make the roll?

You make the roll.

@Bellona the website says you posted ic on Monday at 4:52 am in some unknown timezone. Technically that would mean no xp for you yesterday, but I believe your intent was to post before the unknown deadline. If you could tell me what UTC time you actually made that post, which would allow us to determine the timezone of the forum clock, to prevent further snafu's, to me that's worth awarding you the 5 xp despite having missed the unknown deadline.

21 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona the website says you posted ic on Monday at 4:52 am in some unknown timezone. Technically that would mean no xp for you yesterday, but I believe your intent was to post before the unknown deadline. If you could tell me what UTC time you actually made that post, which would allow us to determine the timezone of the forum clock, to prevent further snafu's, to me that's worth awarding you the 5 xp despite having missed the unknown deadline.

*detective mode: puts on a deerstalker and pulls out the magnifying glass*

Like I've mentioned before, I'm on CET/Central European Time which is normally UTC +1, and right now we're on summer time (one hour ahead of normal/winter CET, i.e., UTC +2). IIRC correctly, you are in the Mountain time zone, right? And presumably also on Daylight Savings/Summer Time right now. If so, then I'm normally 8 hours ahead of you, barring a few weeks a year (due to differing dates between North America and the EU* for the winter/summer time switch). (... unless the USA abolished DST when I wasn't paying attention; I know that Russia did that ...)

The header on that IC post informs me that it was posted at 12:52 (24-hour clock), which sounds about right to me, and that would be 4:52 in your own time. Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention to the precise time when I posted (due to switching back and forth between the computer and a lot of other stuff), so I can't be absolutely sure if it really was 12:52 my time, or 13:52, or even 14:52.

It would be more useful if I take careful note of the time that this particular post was made, then wait until the forum gives up on writing "1 hour ago", etc. and gives it an actual time stamp. Then I can compare the forum's time stamp with my own notes.

... In other words, I'm about to post this overly-verbose reply at 00:16 my time. Let's see what kind of time stamp the forum shows me - and what it shows to others ...

* European Union in this context, not Expanded Universe! :D

Edited by Bellona
spelling/grammar
5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Like I've mentioned before, I'm on CET/Central European Time which is normally UTC +1, and right now we're on summer time (one hour ahead of normal/winter CET, i.e., UTC +2). IIRC correctly, you are in the Mountain time zone, right? And presumably also on Daylight Savings/Summer Time right now. If so, I'm normally 8 hours ahead of you, barring a few weeks a year (due to differing dates between North America and the EU* for the winter/summer time switch). (... unless the USA abolished DST when I wasn't paying attention; I know that Russia did that ...)

The header on that IC post informs me that it was posted at 12:52 (24-hour clock), which sounds about right to me, and that would be 4:52 in your own time. Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention to the precise time when I posted (due to switching back and forth between the computer and a lot of other stuff), so I can't be absolutely sure if it really was 12:52 my time, or 13:52, or even 14:52.

It would be more useful if I take careful note of the time that this particular post was made, then wait until the forum gives up on writing "1 hour ago", etc. and gives it an actual time stamp. Then I can compare the forum's time stamp with my own notes.

... In other words, I'm about to post this overly-verbose reply at 00:16 my time. Let's see what kind of time stamp the forum shows me - and what it shows to others ...

Is That Really The Best You Can Do Benedict Cumberbatch GIF by BBC ... Sherlock' series 3: Our 10 favorite moments of 'The Empty Hearse ...

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

You make the roll.

So boosts from both characters assisting?

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

So boosts from both characters assisting?

Spanner has higher mechanics ranks from you, you can get an upgrade from him, extra yellow means increased chance of triumph. Which is highly useful in crafting.

15 hours ago, Bellona said:

Like I've mentioned before, I'm on CET/Central European Time which is normally UTC +1, and right now we're on summer time (one hour ahead of normal/winter CET, i.e., UTC +2). IIRC correctly, you are in the Mountain time zone, right? And presumably also on Daylight Savings/Summer Time right now. If so, I'm normally 8 hours ahead of you, barring a few weeks a year (due to differing dates between North America and the EU* for the winter/summer time switch). (... unless the USA abolished DST when I wasn't paying attention; I know that Russia did that ...)

No the US hasn't abolished dst. There's been talk for years, there are also people pushing to abolish timezones altogether and go to UTC with the reasoning that in a digital world timezones don't matter. We can all start our days at different utcs rather than the same local time in different timezones.

I'm going to go ahead and go for Camo and the Varactyls, but should I wait for ShockHelix to post the droid attack on Condor first, or could that just be wrapped into the post from Condor's turn?

Camouflage:
Action: OPEN. THE. DOOR. (with 3 Boost and an Upgrade. I can't possibly fail now. Also using Master Artisan to reduce difficulty by 1): OPENING A DOOR. : 3eP+1eA+3eB+2eC+1eD 1 success, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png b--.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png c-th-th.png c-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Phew... It'll do. @EliasWindrider , what's on the other side? I want to know before I decide what to spend the Advantage on. (I'm guessing a minion group of 6 droids, correct?)

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Spanner has higher mechanics ranks from you, you can get an upgrade from him, extra yellow means increased chance of triumph. Which is highly useful in crafting.

So upgrade from Spanner, boosts from two characters assisting against average difficulty? Resources from salvaged sniper covering cost.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:16 AM, Bellona said:

Like I've mentioned before, I'm on CET/Central European Time which is normally UTC +1, and right now we're on summer time (one hour ahead of normal/winter CET, i.e., UTC +2). IIRC correctly, you are in the Mountain time zone, right? And presumably also on Daylight Savings/Summer Time right now. If so, then I'm normally 8 hours ahead of you, barring a few weeks a year (due to differing dates between North America and the EU* for the winter/summer time switch). (... unless the USA abolished DST when I wasn't paying attention; I know that Russia did that ...)

... The forum has finally added a real time stamp to my previous OOC post. I see the correct time for when I posted it, shown in my local time (using the 12-hour clock).

Therefore the IC post in question was indeed made this past Monday at 12:52 in the afternoon (my time), which would be 04:52 in the morning in Mountain DST.

@EliasWindrider

You can mouse over (if using a mouse) where it says "X hours ago" and it'll show you the precise time.

@EliasWindrider , @ShockHelix , Camouflage has Prime Positions 1, so since they were in cover, Condor should have 2 fewer wounds for 2 hits, and Varactyl Squad has 1 fewer wounds for 1 hit.

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm going to go ahead and go for Camo and the Varactyls, but should I wait for ShockHelix to post the droid attack on Condor first, or could that just be wrapped into the post from Condor's turn?

Camouflage:
Action: OPEN. THE. DOOR. (with 3 Boost and an Upgrade. I can't possibly fail now. Also using Master Artisan to reduce difficulty by 1): OPENING A DOOR. : 3eP+1eA+3eB+2eC+1eD 1 success, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png b--.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png c-th-th.png c-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Phew... It'll do. @EliasWindrider , what's on the other side? I want to know before I decide what to spend the Advantage on. (I'm guessing a minion group of 6 droids, correct?)

Correct.

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

So upgrade from Spanner, boosts from two characters assisting against average difficulty? Resources from salvaged sniper covering cost.

Sure.

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Correct.

Alright, Maneuver to Side Step, upgrading all attacks against him once, 1 Advantage to pass on Boost to Varactyl Squad, and 2 Advantage to recover 2 Strain. 2 Advantage from First Among Brothers to give the Varactyls a Boost.
All attacks against Camouflage have their difficulty upgraded once.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Move to shoot
Action: Auto-Fire attack the droids: Light 'em up! : 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 8 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png a-s-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

Forgot Boost from First Among Brothers: forgot a die : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png

Yikes. Wish some of those were Advantage (if 1 was, that'd be all 6 down). That's 3 droids down with a 3 wound spillover (10 damage past Soak to down the rest [14 to one-shot]).

Passing on a Boost with the Advantage.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Alright, Maneuver to Side Step, upgrading all attacks against him once, 1 Advantage to pass on Boost to Varactyl Squad, and 2 Advantage to recover 2 Strain. 2 Advantage from First Among Brothers to give the Varactyls a Boost.
All attacks against Camouflage have their difficulty upgraded once.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Move to shoot
Action: Auto-Fire attack the droids: Light 'em up! : 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 8 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png a-s-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

Forgot Boost from First Among Brothers: forgot a die : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png

Yikes. Wish some of those were Advantage (if 1 was, that'd be all 6 down). That's 3 droids down with a 3 wound spillover (10 damage past Soak to down the rest [14 to one-shot]).

Passing on a Boost with the Advantage.

It should have been 2 maneuvers, or a setback die of cover but I'll let it slide.

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

It should have been 2 maneuvers, or a setback die of cover but I'll let it slide.

Well, I didn't know that ahead of time, but I'll roll the Setback die anyway: forgot a die : 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.png

Scratches the Boost.

Will use my once per session use of Quick Fix to use agility for a skill check.

Lightsaber crafting : 1eP+5eA+3eB+2eD 5 successes, 5 advantage
p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

So with advantages:

3 with Personalised Design.

1 with Two handed.

1 with lightweight.

12 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You can mouse over (if using a mouse) where it says "X hours ago" and it'll show you the precise time.

I learn something new every day! :D

Knowing that would have saved me some time ...

Guess I’ll roll for the Crit to help move things along.

Critical Hit : 1d100 44

And if I’m doing this correctly, +10 from the previous crit brings it up to 54 for ‘Fearsome Wound’. Condor’s got Steely Nerves, so fortunately as long as we have a DP left I can ignore that if it becomes relevant.

For Condor’s turn, Aim and Auto-Fire at the Phalanx back at Medium Range

Auto-Fire : 5eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p--.png a-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Triumph for Auto-Fire, Advantage for a boost to next active character.

2 hits of 14 Damage with Pierce 1. Unfortunately I believe that’s 3 damage short of actually killing the front line of the Phalanx, correct?

1 minute ago, ShockHelix said:

Triumph for Auto-Fire, Advantage for a boost to next active character.

2 hits of 14 Damage with Pierce 1. Unfortunately I believe that’s 3 damage short of actually killing the front line of the Phalanx, correct?

No, actually you take them all out. 15*2=30. Soak*2=8. 30-8=22, 4*4=16. You take out 5 droids, possibly more for spillover damage.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, actually you take them all out. 15*2=30. Soak*2=8. 30-8=22, 4*4=16. You take out 5 droids, possibly more for spillover damage.

I thought the b1’s had 4 soak and 5 wounds

Just now, ShockHelix said:

I thought the b1’s had 4 soak and 5 wounds

No, 4/4. At least, their statblock in the EotE CRB is 4/4.

Either way you take >4 out, I'll check the RotS statblock and get back to you.