PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: IC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

After taking the time to go over the equipment he has selected for the upcoming mission and making sure he is familiar with their functions. Looking at his load out he shakes his head in amazement. "If I had told my old Master I would be armored up and carrying explosives while sneaking onto a ship in deep space he would have laughed. The Force leads us into unexpected paths sometimes."

With a shrug he exits his quarters and goes to visit the others going on the mission in order to see if they wish to get together and discuss options. "Hopefully the others won't feel as out of their depths as I do. General, hmpf."

Ker'see takes apart the recovered blaster pistol from the bounty hunter. Using the force she works it into a tool better suited for her next mission and crafts for herself an amulet to protect her.

Mireska found the quartermaster office, where Quartermaster Q ruled over the army's equipment and related logistics. Tinari was already there, signing off for some extra gear both for himself and his squad.

"We could get ascension guns added to the DC-15As and any of our own ranged energy weapons," Tinari mentioned quietly to Mireska after she'd greeted him. "But Q is feeling rather stingy today."

"Hmmm, sudden EVA is a distinct possibility on this little jaunt," she murmured in reply. Speaking more loudly to Q she added "Please add ascension guns to my requisition," as Ethan strode into the office.

Q grumbled at the addition, but Mireska smiled encouragingly at him and he grudgingly added another line of items to her list.

"Anything else that you want to take out and br-, errr, I mean use, generals?" he asked.

"Ascension guns for everyone on this mission - that's a necessity, Q!" Ethan pointed out. "And, while you're at it, here's the list for my squad and myself. Remember, your diligent work is always appreciated, and the gear which you provide us is essential to our success!" He gave off such an unmistakable aura of infectious enthusiasm that even stingy Q resignedly turned to adding the requested items to everyone's issued gear.

Edited by Bellona
Changed the wording slightly.

In preparation for their mission, Tinari goes over the extra equipment they will be carrying and its use with the clones, and then humbly makes note of their suggestions and correction on the use of the equipment. Gathering them together when it was done he addressed the squad.

"All right, while boarding actions and infiltration may have been part of your training, boarding a ship like this will be tricky. I have total confidence in your abilities, I saw you in action on Geonosis and know you are up to this. We will be teaming up with another Jedi and their squad to form a team; with two others quads making up another team. Our goals are to disable and disrupt the bridge and the hyperdrive and then get out. No heros."

With that he gathered the squad and headed out to meat up with the others. May the Force be with us.

Mireska looks apologetically at Jinx and Niner. "I'd love to have you two along with the rest of us, but there's limited room on the shuttle."

She hefts her backpack of destruction, watching Binary, Rain, Storm, and Cloud finish settling their own gear in place.

"Let's go, men. We've got a not- Invincible ship to sabotage!"

The five of them walk out, and down to the hangar where the stealth vessel awaits.

Time to find out if this crazy, desperate plan of ours will even work.

Slipping her new amulet Ker'see checks her gear, bow on a strap on her back and lightsaber ready at her waist. The grenade launcher in her hand feels odd and heavy but it should hopefully help. She leaves her room and heads to the hanger.

Bumping into Mireska en route she asks: "You ready for this?"

Mireska smiles at Ker'see.

"After looking at so many equipment requisition forms, discussing the finer details of structural engineering as it applies to sabotage, and dealing with Q, I'm ready to climb the walls. At this point, I'm actually looking forward to some action."

She pauses, then adds more quietly, "Some Healer I am, toting around a backpack of destruction. I did ask to be put on the general mission roster, but then again I didn't expect a galaxy-wide war to fall immediately into my lap either!"

Edited by Bellona

“Alright, Sergeant,” Wraith says to Scrap. “We’ve got a ship to take. Make sure the new arrivals have their armor sealed and ascension guns ready.”

”Oh, they’ll be ready, brother. On that you have my word.”

"I get it, Mireska," nods Ker'see. "This isn't my forte. They keep trying to push a squad of clones on me. I'm not a leader I'm a soldier, true a Jedi soldier." She sighs heavily shaking her head. "War changes us all."

Ker'see points her chin at the bag the healer is carrying. "Consider this, Mireska. You'll have less people to heal if you prevent the damage before it comes to them. It'll be easier for the separatists to fix their droids than for you to patch us up."

The devaronian looks out a viewing window wistfully. "I doubt this war will last much longer."

Tinari leads his squad into the ready room seeing that some of the others have already arrived. With a casual wave he greets them, "Well, Hello there."

Taking in the scene, the clones with their armor and gear and the Jedi with theirs he sighs. "Hopefully this all goes smoothly, element of surprise and all. After all who would expect this kind of thing. Axe tells me he thinks our 'odds are good' so that counts for something, right?"

Tinari gestures over at the clones doing their last minute checks on each others vacuum seals, "They seem to have a great deal of faith in their training and even more in Us."

"Let's hope so, Ker'see." Mireska sighs, then nods at Tinari, "Faith indeed. May the Force be with us."

Waving at Wraith and Scrap, and the late-arriving Ethan, she then boards the stealth vessel with her short squad, greets the clone pilots, and buckles herself in for the ride. "Ready to go!"

Edited by Bellona

"All right Axe, if everyone is ready we best load up. The admiral hates being kept waiting. And the longer we wait the more chance there s fore something to go wrong. "

As the squad find their places on the stealth ship and settle into their seats a last thought goes through his mind.

"I spent a lot of time listening to master Yoda as a youngling, we all did. One of his sayings seems right for now. 'Adventure, glory, a jedi craves not these things.' so lets all make it back, no knoble heros."

"I second that motion!" Mireska calls across the aisle. "Let's keep injuries to a minimum and casualties non-existant!"

She thinks a moment, drawing upon her history courses at the Temple.

"A wise leader once said to his troops: 'Your mission is not to die for your cause, but to make your foes die for theirs.' Words to live by, men!"

(With apologies to whichever famous Earth historical figure who said that first.)

Edited by Bellona

"Or, the best form of defense is a good offensive." Adds in Ker'see rather sombrely.

Couldn’t have put it better, generals. ” Wraith speaks up before strapping himself into his seat alongside his men, “ you can count on us .”

"We'll see Wraith," replies Ker'see. She looks over her latest weapon the greande launcher and checks the barrel is full. She hadn't used something so encumbersome before... "I don't suppose any of you clones could advise the best use of this thing could you?"

On 10/3/2019 at 1:06 PM, MrTInce said:

"We'll see Wraith," replies Ker'see. She looks over her latest weapon the greande launcher and checks the barrel is full. She hadn't used something so encumbersome before... "I don't suppose any of you clones could advise the best use of this thing could you?"

"Not a Clone, but I think I remember the most important parts. Point it at the bad guys and don't use it inside a small room." Tinari shrugs,

"I suppose I might be wrong about that but I seem to remember that from the occasional Holovid."

Ker'see turns to Tinari with a flat stare. "And what's a bad guy?"

Nice piece of kit you’ve got there, general ,” Wraith says, appraising the grenade launcher in the Jedi’s grasp. “ Be sure to aim a bit higher than you would with a blaster and be aware of the blast radius. Trust me, you don’t want to get caught by a piece of shrapnel, it’ll end your day real quick .”

Listening to Tinari and Ker’sees’s conversation, Sgt. Scrap answers the latter’s query. “ Clankers, sir. They're the bad guys.

Mireska sits quietly. I could make a point about droid rights, but that's not wanted or relevant here. Anyway, we need to prioritise the organics at this point.

Her comlink chimes and she checks the read-out.

"Looks like the higher-ups have decided that we need some reinforcements for this jaunt. They're sending a special extra squad along with us."

Edited by Bellona

As if in response to Mireska’s announcement, an additional squad of clone troopers moved up the ramp into the stealth shuttle, armed to the teeth. Each had the unmistakable armor of the Clone Commandos, painted in varying shades, every one with unmistakable blaster burns and scratch marks from shrapnel across the plating. While the five in the back had their armor painted in red and black, the commando at the front was painted in the unmistakable colors of officers of the 501st, the blue and white patterns marred by the battle scars his armor had taken .

While the rest of the squad moved silently towards the open seats by the shuttle ramp, their leader looked around the shuttle briefly before heading over towards where Wraith had seated himself. He saluted the Captain, before placing his arms behind his back. Captain Wraith, sir. Lieutenant RC-0017 ‘Condor’ reporting for duty. Commander Blackout thought you could make use of a spec ops unit for your assault on the Invincible. Balyeg Squad is at your disposal. Sir.

Wraith rises from seat, returning Lt. Condor’s salute.

At ease, brother ,” Wraith says, proffering his gauntleted hand towards his fellow clone. “ Glad to have Balyeg squad on board. Sounds like this op will be right up your alley .”

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Mireska makes a quick review of her gear during the short span of time before the stealth vessel leaves the Negotiator's hangar. I'm glad that I ultimately decided to ditch that flight suit in favour of "just a breath mask". That lets me take a bit more boom along for this ride. She pauses for a moment. Force, the clones are a bad influence on my vocabulary! She smiles faintly at herself.

"Out of curiosity, did anyone else besides me bring along a structural engineering scanner?" she asks, looking at the assembled sabotage teams.

Edited by Bellona

ok generals, here we go said the clone pilot over the stealth Corvette's internal speakers. The jedi and clone members of the two boarding parties could feel the ship lurch as it lifted off the flight deck of the negotiator and the slight drag as it passed through the magnetic shields separating the hanger from the vacuum of space. The acceleration was noticeably less than typical, presumably because the pilot believed the separatists' sensors might be able to detect greater engine output.

Avoiding detection : 3eP+2eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

Edited by EliasWindrider

"How long it be until we get there, pilot?" asks Ker'see.