Bounting Hunting Doesn't Pay IC Thread

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Navi tells Kr'owk "I suggest that you be very careful with that goop. It's a pretty nasty injection poison."

When she's finished treating the twi'lek, she sighs and says "We need a proper physician's kit on board the Zepto. Even better, a proper medic as I'm definitely not one myself."

Edited by Bellona

(Nar Shaddaa, Old Duros Sector – 15 BBY)

Toxic sludge spewed from the storm drain when Maul and the three remaining acolytes arrived at the meeting. The setting was a junkyard for scraps and parts for various ships and vehicles. The area smelled like old batteries being constantly burnt by overflowing acid.

Two identical Gank hunters emerged from behind wrecked starships, each carrying modified blaster rifles and itchy trigger fingers. Maul paused along with the three acolytes.

“Your presence on Nar Shaddaa is inadmissible,” one of the Ganks spoke in a calm cybernetic voice.

Maul narrowed It’s eyes and fingered an onyx colored lightsaber hilt that dangled from It’s side. “You misunderstand Us….we only want to speak to the Ithorian about a business proposition..”

The Ganks respond….

“Vasar Sother is under our protection.”

“We calculate there is a 95% probability you will incite violence against him.”

“Conclusion: You have 24 hours to leave Nar Shaddaa.”

Maul began to clutch It’s head as a hideous laughter emanated from It’s mind… ”Hahahahaha. Heeee. Vengeance is an absolute obsession when Our mind has been broken into fragments and pieces…If you stand in Our way, then you must DIE!”

Maul ignited the red-lightsaber forged from the hilt of a fallen Imperial Inquisitor and charged at the two Ganks. A short skirmish ensued. Thanks to their rapid reactions, the Ganks were able to bring forth their blaster rifles to put up a good fight, even bringing down one of the acolytes. However, in the end Maul stood victorious, and now held valuable information that would help It enter into the haven of Vasar Sother…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taquib the champ rummaged through the group's possessions. Rubbish. Nothing good to eat. No spice. No deathsticks. Cough..Cough...Cough. Still, he took something anyway. Probably from Kr'owk's rations. Hehehehehehe.

"Grumble...Grumble...my renter's insurance requires me to pay a 5,000 credit co-pay before their reimburse anything. Kr'owk...owes me...."

Taquib waddles over to the group...

"BIG STUFF! I spoke to the Ganks. They are not in a good mood. Someone took out two of their members. They would be willing to meet with us. Setup a time and place. We can do this. They'll help you find Sother. Squeek...Squeek...that is...make sure not to tick them off. Squeek Squeek."

Edited by Sincereagape

Taquib moves into the center of the Pylon 2 Hanger. The Little guy is carrying his own Holo-projector and places it down on the ground gently. "Squeeek. Squeeeek. This is what I salvaged from my apartment. Cough...Cough...I suggest visiting the Ganks at Vasar Sother's mechanic shop on the Refugee Sector Landing Platform."

Taquib punches up a display with a small map.

Map of the Landing Platform - Refugee Sector

"Position 4&5 is Vasar Sother's mechanic shop. As you can see there are two entrances into the shop. However, the Ganks have setup stations at markers 3 and 6 aka both entrances. There are about 2-3 Ganks at each entrance, and probably others lurking around in case a firefight starts. Cough...Cough......If you are thinking about blowing a hole in the wall, Evil Eye. The Ganks have speeders patrolling the area, each armed with similar turrets to the one you have. No one has seen Sother for at least a week . Cough...Cough. The Ithorian maybe locked up in his shop or somewhere else entirely. Blowing up a hole in the wall of the mechanic shop may start anther gang war, which probably won't be anything new to Deckard. Evil Grin. Squeeeek.. Squeeeek."

Taquib paces around the hanger as he speaks. Arms akimbo like a General debriefing his special ops team for a Republic saving mission. Taquib brings out a liquid form deathstick from his smugglers trenchcoat and then chugs it.

"Burp."

(OOC: For a video look into Sother's Shop and the entrance from Marker 6 check this video. Starting at minute marker 7:55)

Edited by Sincereagape
Edit: Changes number of Ganks at each entrance

Navi looks up from the twi'lek acolyte with surprise when she hears the rough, gravelly voice of Hihkhic.

"Who're you?" she asks the Gotal, wondering why the stranger had chosen to wander into the Pylon 2 hangar. She keeps her gaze firmly on him, trying not to look at the storage locker doors in hope that he won't look there either and see the three dead bodies.

Oops, she thinks to herself, Did we remember to hide or otherwise get rid of the other dark acolyte bodies? And come to think of it, why would Maul be interested in an Ithorian mechanic to the extent that he sends a bunch of his followers after him? And why would an Ithorian mechanic have such a high bounty?

She clears her throat, and asks the group in general "By the way, does anyone know why the mark has such a high bounty on his head? He's just a mechanic ..."

Edited by Bellona

"Mechanics fix ships, which makes them very useful people!" adds Kr'owk. He draws his blaster and aims it at the newcomer. "Doesn't explain this fella though."

"Hm?" Hihkhic would grun as he looks up at the stranger. "Oh, right. Your pal Fitz asked me to come down. Said you lot could use some help with, something" he would say as he looks around at the strange sight. "What is this anyway? Looks like a dodgy kidnapping or something? I figured Fitz wouldn't call me if it wasn't serious, but this isn't exactly what I was expecting".

He would walk over to the (presumably) unconscious twi'lek, reaching into his coat for a flask. He barley looks around the rest of the room, seemingly not so observant at the moment. The smell of drink may be a factor in this. "So who is this eh?"

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

"Hm?" Hihkhic would grun as he looks up at the stranger. "Oh, right. Your pal Fitz asked me to come down. Said you lot could use some help with, something" he would say as he looks around at the strange sight. "What is this anyway? Looks like a dodgy kidnapping or something? I figured Fitz wouldn't call me if it wasn't serious, but this isn't exactly what I was expecting".

He would walk over to the (presumably) unconscious twi'lek, reaching into his coat for a flask. He barley looks around the rest of the room, seemingly not so observant at the moment. The smell of drink may be a factor in this. "So who is this eh?"

“An Assassin,” Kurokage responds. “Part of a group we fought. We need to question her.”

Edited by Tramp Graphics

"I know I say this alot, but we need to get her back to the ship," suggests Kr'owk. "We'll have the advantage on home ground."

Listening to the others, Hihkhic goes to drink from the flask, only to be dissapointed. Empty, of course it was empty. With a scowl he would shove the metal flask back into his pocket. "Huh, well she doesn't look like she's that good at being an assassin, now does it. Well, if you want to question her, I can deal with that".

As Kr'owk makes they suggestion, Hihkhic would go to stoop down and grab the unconscious assassin by the arm., not really paying attention to their medical condition. "You got a ship? Let's go then". For a would be law enforcer, he seems to have taken to the situation quite easily.

Navi looks at how Hihkhic is handling the twi'lek. I'd better help him with moving the twi'lek, otherwise her injuries could get a lot worse. She hastily lends Hihkhic a hand with his burden.

"Easy there, pal! We don't want to double up on her injuries before we get her coherent enough to tell us what she knows."

Drawing on her basic medic training, she helps Hihkhic transport the twi'lek safely to the Zepto on Pylon 1.

Edited by Bellona
Wrong character name. D'oh!

The gotal would pause at Navi's words, shrugging a little with the attackers arm still in his grip. "Surprised you care so much. They didn't want to get hurt, should go around trying to knacker people off". As they walk, he would continue to talk in his loud tone, seemingly uncaring of who hears. "So, you want to tell me the hole story on this? I don't mind slapping them around, but it helps to know why".

"Ummm, it's a bit complicated - and we don't even know all the players and motivations. Originally, we got wind of a bounty - here on the moon - from our guild contact, Vug Nib, and came to speak with a different contact - the Champ here - about that bounty." Navi nods towards Taquib. "When we arrived, we realised that a group of these weirdos were listening in on his comms and were about to jump him. So we got Taquib out of trouble," here she clears her throat, "though not without some collateral property damage, unfortunately. As for the weirdos, one of them fell off the speeder, the rest are down or dead.

"We then back-tracked them to this place, found out that they'd killed our guild contact and some other people," at this point Navi nods towards Pylon 2's storage facility, "and that they're working for a Force-using criminal dude called Maul who's interested in our bounty too. Only he and the stars know why. Regardless, I'm personally inclined to do what I can to stop him from getting his way, particularly considering that his lot got in our way first and killed Vug Nib.

"The Champ here has some useful information about the bounty's situation," Navi looks around at the others, "Shall we do what we do best, and cause some chaos and mayhem, plus headaches for the bad guys?" she finishes with a smile. I really hope that the group goes for that option. Maul is seriously bad news, and I'm starting to think that the ithorian - whoever he is - needs our help.

Edited by Bellona

When the Twi’lek woman stirs, Fitz is right there by her side. “I’m glad you’re still with us. It is nothing to be ashamed of, you know. This Maul uses the Force to manipulate others, to do his will, even while believing it is their own. It is not your fault, really. Here, drink.” He offers her some water, assists her in sitting upright, then offers his hand.

”I’m Fitz. Wish we were meeting under different circumstances, but here we are. You are not the first he has led down a dark and twisted path- but you can help make sure you’re the last. We need your help. I understand you can help us isolate the Ithorian? Tell me what you’re thinking?”

Fitz smiles expectantly, hoping she is ready to make the best of her bad situation.

The female t’wilek slowly opens her eyes... awakening from her injuries but still in a lot of pain. She notices a girl, probably not much older than her providing medical treatment. The girl gains her trust.

Next a man comes to speak to her... his voice is soothing, the cadence calm, the words on point....she hears every word. She takes the cool water...and stands up with his help.

Then, in the back of her mind she hears Mauls voice projecting threats and accusations...she looks around the room to see all of the bounty hunters...”No...no...Maul will come for me....It’ll be here..I’m a loose end.”

"This Maul, we can keep you safe, he doesn't know our ship, he doesn't know us," reasons Kr'owk. "And I've never been caught when I didn't want to."

"Please try to keep calm, my dear. You won't be doing your injuries any favours by tensing and stressing out like that," soothes Navi.

Kurokage leans against the wall near by, keeping an eye on the prisoner, as he polishes the blade of one of his swords with a soft cloth.

"Hm" Hihkhic would grunt as he considers what Navi had said. "Must have been a one of a kind bounty to attract all this attention. You'll have to tell me what it is later" Dumping the prisoner down on the floor of the ship, stepping away to let the professional do there work.

Listening to the others talking to the prisoner, Hihkhic shakes his head with a snort. "Bunch of soft touches for bounty hunters aren't you?" he would declare in a loud voice. Stepping forward he would move to talk to Fitz, though remaining half turned towards the twi'lek so it was clear who his words were aimed at. "Look, if she doesn't want to talk, why not just let her go hm? I mean, she can always beg this Maul bloke to give her a second chance. He sounds like a forgiving sort. Maybe she'll be lucky, be able to go to ground for, ooh, maybe a couple of days before he catches up?"

All of the bounty hunters makes their presence known. The Chiss and his bravado, the female and her calmness, the human male and his charisma, the ninja and his toughness, and the Gotal with his roughness. Each of them are able to crack through the corruption placed upon her by the dark side. Her injuries were still real. The Ninja's ancient swords saw to that. Maul was out there. Would It still consume them?

"This is what I know," she began. "The Ithorian has his vices. It wasn't hard for my sister and I to gain entryway into his home, disguised as private entertainment." She began to feel uncomfortable at the thought of what she had done for Maul. The Tw'ilek continued. "When the Ithorian fell a sleep, we injected him with Bear Sloth Venom. Maul wanted the Ithorian weakened. This was three days ago. By now the Ithorian should be racking up blood. We were either going to disguise ourselves as medical personal to treat him. Or wait for the Ithorian to leave his mechanic shop to seek medical attention. The antidote can only be found in one place on Nar Shaada. The area known as Dead Town within the Undercity. That is where the Ithorian will go when he seeks medical attention for the poison, or that is where the ganks will bring him if he dies of the poison...."

Looking down at the assassin, Hihkhic would shrug. "So you're just another murderer then? Blaster in the dark, filth on the street just preying on others. I don't know about the others, but I don't think you're exactly worth saving from your boss. I'd personally be happy to turf you back out for him to deal with, or hand you over to the empire. I bet they'd love to hear about this". Hihkhic looks down at the twi'lek with what can best be described as disgust. He'd never had much sympathy for those who kill outside of the law, regardless of their circumstance.

Turning back to face the others, Hihkhic would gesture to the captive. "So now what? You've got a place to search for whoever it is you're looking for, but you can't just keep this one on the ship forever".

"Well let's not entangle with the empire unless we can get a reward for her," suggests Kr'owk. "Although I agree we can't keep her forever, the Zepto isn't always keen on the company we keep and this one might be a hard sell..."

Kr'owk taps the bulkhead of the ship and smiles.

"To Dead Town, then? Won't take me long to get there..."

"I'm pretty sure that I know a shortcut from here to there," Navi says with a smile. Then pauses a moment, clearly thinking over what she's just said. "Errr, from the Refugee Sector to Dead Town, that is ... drat, that wasn't meant to sound threatening. I'm not that type of person." With a slightly frustrated grimace, she gives up continuing that line of speech.

“I’m familiar with these areas, unfortunately. Here... I think this is the way we want, if we are to get there quickly, and avoid trouble.”

"Then what are we waiting for?" Kurokage interjects, sheathing he blade. "let us get moving!"

Hihkhic shrugs as he reaches into his jacket. Drawing his prized pistol he flips it in his hand to he wields it with the well worn pistol butt at the front. Stooping down he grabs the assassin by the front of the their clothes. "Night night" he snaps before bringing the weapon crashing down into the side of their head. Straightening up he clears his throat as he glances at the others. "May as well just dump her out if you don't want nothing else".

Turning to face Kurokage, Hihkhic raises his voice in response to their question. "Well it may be a good idea to sort a plan before we just run on in there. No offence, but if I'm going to get munched down by a bunch of ganks, I'd prefer to be for someone a bit prettier. I've seen that bounty posted a little while back, it's proper high end, posted by the imp's. If they want this fella, he must be very important, or one of the top ten with a weapon on this rock, so we don't want to just run in and get cut to pieces, alright?".

Turning to face Fitz specifically, Hihkhic would continue. "I'd also like to know what I'm going to get out of this, and why exactly I'm here. Look, I don't mind helping out a former badge and making some credits, but you seem to be into this whole set up pretty deep".

Edited by Rabobankrider