Bounting Hunting Doesn't Pay IC Thread

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

The image of a Chadra=Fan dressed in a flight jacket, cargo pants, comes onto the holo-display. The image has no color except for the faded blue.

"Squeek. Squeek...Deckard. I was expecting your call. Squeek..squeek. Vasar Sother seems to be the topic of choice. ..squeek..squeek. What information I have will cost you....250 credits...Squeek..Squeek...If you're still hanging out with Kr'owk and Corr then the price will be 500 credits.....squeeek..squeeeek...or you can pay 200 credits and owe me a game of Sabbac later...Yep..yep..new game. Pazzak was getting to boring....no one could challenge me. Squee...Cough..Cough...Cough.."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@LaGouache You can trace the transmission to an 'apartment complex' not to far from Taquib's haven. Docks district in the Refugee Sector. There are three ports/docks that the Zepto Raptor can land on that are near where Taquib resides. Each marked by a Pylon. One out of the three is currently occupied. Pylon 2 is occupied with 1 and 3 vacant.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/docks.php

Taquib is located at point 11 on the map above. The spy is located at point 3.

"I can take us in to Pylon 1," suggests Kr'owk. "The guy running the port knows me and owes me a favour after I doubled date with his girlfriend's best friend." (I'll flip a destiny point)

As the Zepto comes in, Navi looks around, interested in identifying the ship(s) occupying Pylon 2 as well as seeing if there are any suspicious types in the vicinity.

(A spy eavesdropping on the communication line indicates that the group is going into a potentially dangerous situation, so she'd like to identify any other possible participants.)

Not seeing anything worrisome, she shrugs and starts a routine diagnostic program for the navicomputer.

I'll flip a DP to upgrade the Perception check.

Looking around as the Zepto comes in for a landing : 1eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

As the Zepto Raptor docks into Pylon station 1 Navi fails to notice anything out of the ordinary coming from Pylon area 2 other the entire dock says "GO AWAY" like a house that has turned off all of it's lights on Halloween night while the children are trick or treating.

@MrTInce K'rowk's buddy running the spaceport is an Aqualish named "Buddy." He comes onto the holocommunicator in the cockpit. "Hoi chummer, I still owe you from the thing and the guy and the place...I'll never forget it. Dock here for free, as long as you need...(Up to 3 days). And be careful K'rowk there are some strange characters out and about. People dressed in black robes...crawling all over this area."

The Raptor successfully lands at Pylon 1 after the hanger bay doors open and then close behind the ship.

"Don't worry Buddy, you know the Crew I hang with, weird isn't going to faze us."

I located our communication spy in an apartment next to here. Maybe we should pay a visit to him before getting to our contact.

Wes points towards the apartment section next to the docks.

"Sounds good. All of us, or do we want to have someone keep an eye on our contact's place too?"

Navi shuts down the navicomputer when the routine diagnostic finishes, stands up and stretches her neck.

"And what was that about black robes? Some kind of weirdo cult or something?"

Edited by Bellona
Quotation marks.

"I can send my guys ahead to keep an eye on our contact," grins Kr'owk before shouting: "Percival, Ichabod and Dolores! Get here, we've got a job for you!" The three PIT Droids quickly scramble from their nooks and crannies and appear before their owner. "Your timings could be better. You need to practice more. Anyway, we want you to go over to that apartment block over there and keep an eye out for someone. It's a Chadra-fan, small furry creatures I think. If you see him stop him."

The droids salute their leader and quickly scramble on their mission.

"Problem solved."

"Let's go. I'll get the door." Fitz digs around inside his trench for the tools he will need, smiling as he sees the droids line up.

"Then go we shall." Navi checks that her gear is in place, particularly her concealed blaster, and follows the others out of the Zepto.

Navi is able to navigate the dock area of Nar Shaada's infamous Refugee sector. At pylon 2 she notices 2 of the dark robed figures, 1 of them standing just outside the hanger doors and `1 patrolling the bridge walkway. When she looks over the edge of the bridge walkway, Navi notices a large drop that would lead to instant death unless.....

Navi is also able to notice two of the robed figures guarding the entrance way into Taquib's 'apartment complex' The apartments are nothing more than large freight truck cargo bays no more than `150 square feet large. No window, back entrance, or balcony access can be found. Perhaps one can enter through the 'back entrance' if they had a universal door opener aka a lightsaber.

K'rowks droids are able to pick up a ventilation shaft that enters into the apartment complex and comes out just in front of apartment 5, right where one has to make a left hand turn to get to Taquib's apartment.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/docks.php

The droids either report back to K'rowk. Or if K'rowk goes himself, he would also see 2 robed figures standing in front of apartment 3 of the complex.

"Two cultists by the complex's main door," Navi mutters to the others, "And two more on Pylon 2. Any thoughts on how to deal with them?"

She thinks a moment, then adds: "How about we ease the airspeeder out of the Zepto, fly it quietly and casually (I've heard that that's a thing) to the outer wall of Taquib's place, and use the mini-turret on it to make our own doorway? Taquib won't be happy with us, but he'll probably be even less happy if he gets nabbed or worse by those black-robed weirdos."

Edited by Bellona

The unexpected arrival of the bounty hunters set things in motion. One moment the four acolytes standing watch outside were causually waiting for their three companions inside to find this chandra-fan, and then the next moment there was a large explosion and a giant hole in the wall outside the apartment complex!!

Ka-Boom!

The two acolytes standing outside the door noticed the female in the speeder first and began heading towards that direction. The two acolytes standing outside their pylon hanger were slower to respond. Either way...they were all out to kill...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taquib the Champ smelled something in the air. No response from Deckard. Not a good thing, that usually meant an explosion was soon to follow. Knowing the reputation K'rowk and Deckard had for being unable to avoid anarchy, the Chandra-Fan steppe back from his back wall with heavy blaster in hand.

The outer walls exploded like a watermelon being smashed by a mallet. Taquib saw Deckard, K'rowk, and a human female in a speeder (And potentially a Muun & Kurokage). Taqub saw K'rowk manning a turret attached to a speeder. Deckard, he could stomach because he was a 'easy mark'....K'rowk and Corr Halcard, not so much. The female, Taquib didn't know to much about. The new guy, Wes Proga, should be around....

Taquib began to hear footsteps outside of his apartment door. Deckard and his band of misfits would literally pay later. Right now, there were two more figures outside of his place, probably planning to kill.

Taquib, turned to the gang in the speeder, "Well?!?!! What now?! Cough...cough.."

Vig Initiative : 1eP+2eA 1 success, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png

Edited by Sincereagape

"Hop in, buddy!" Fitz hollers, extending his free arm toward the little guy.

Upon hearing the large explosion that blew a large well in the side of the little cargo bay/apartment....the two cultists rushed to apprehend Taquib.

They emerged at the Chandra fans doorway just in time to see the little rodent made a leap toward the speeder.

The acolytes were dressed in black robes with tattoo marks on their faces and up their arms. Drawing ancient swords they readied for battle...only to see that some of the bounty hunters had a jump on them.

———————————

“Pull me up! Pull me up!” Taquib shouted, knowing one false move can send him plummeting to the ground below..

Knowing his friends are able to take care off the closer threat Kr'owk takes aim at one of the blacked robed figures further away and shoots. The high energy attack flies across and takes out the threat in a single shot. The Chiss turns to his friends with with a grin expecting them to relish in how great a job he did.

A large BLAM!!

Followed by a large streak of light flying across the docks. The targets hits one of the acolytes (1a), blowing them apart sending body parts flying.

Their partner, looks away from the death. Then draws their ancient sword from behind their robes and heads full steam towards the speeder.

Drawing his dragoon, Fitz takes aim at the acolyte and fires, but the jostling of the speeder throws the shot off. He starts to duck back down.. behind cover? From a sword?

Sighing, he stands his ground and carefully takes aim again.

Dragoon @Acolyte (med) w/Aim : 3eA+2eB+2eD 1 failure, 3 advantage

a-s.png a-a.png a-s.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png (2 Advantage for Aim maneuver to apply to next round; 1 Advantage to pass a Boost).

Navi grabs Taquib as he dangles from the airspeeder's broken side-view mirror and hauls him on board with some effort, pausing briefly to re-orient herself afterwards.

The frantically coughing chadra-fan then passes his heavy blaster to her and she takes it with a grateful smile.

"Folks, I think that we should beat a retreat back to the Zepto now that we've got Taquib! Or at least open up some more distance between us and these sword-wielding weirdos!"

1 manoeuvre to pull Taquib on board.

Action to take the heavy blaster?

Pulling Taquib on board the airspeeder (Coordination man.) : 4eA+2eD+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png b-s-a.png

Flow power check (forgot to add it to skill check) : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Total Strain spent: 0 = 2 (hauling Taquib on board) - 1 (Flow result) - 1 (1 Advantage)

1 Advantage used to regain 1 Strain (see above).

1 Advantage used to pass a Boost to next active allied character.

Edited by Bellona

Taquib gladly handed Navi his heavy blaster and then said with a wink “Thanks toots.” Before pulling out a small vibroknife in preparation of what is to come

——————————————————-

The two acolytes standing at the apartment door lowered their heads and removed their hoods to reveal their species.

Two pale looking Grans with rotting skin and scabs on their lips. The third eye on the top of their heads a blood shot red color.

Tapping into the force they charged the speeder, “For the glory of Lord Maul! Live or die we shall serve!!” They screamed the name of their mentor, the former Darth Maul, now simply Maul.

Each acolyte has been passed on a force power that Maul had possessed. These two had managed to become adept in enhance...reaching the near epitome of that talent tree...force leap.

Enhance force leap : 2#2eF 3 Dark Side 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png
f-ds.png f-ls.png

maneuver to move to short. Maneuver to activate force leap onto the speeder, dark side force users.[/spoiler]

the two grans crash onto the hood of the speeder brandishing ancient swords. Intent....sacrifice the lives of the bounty hunters for their mentor and leader....The creature known as Maul.

Edited by Sincereagape

Kurokage Ryuto sees the acolytes at the base of Pylon 2 below him, confronting the new arrivals. Dropping down using his climbing gear, he draws his katanas from the two saiya on his back and attacks, barely missing, but recognizing his foes' distinct fighting style.

Wes takes benefit from the opening Bellona gave him to shoot at the acolytes, managing to hit one and immediately ducking to take cover in the speeder.

One of the acolytes standing on the hood of the speeder yells out in pain as Wes Proga is able to draw second blood in the skirmish with a blaster bolt to the side. The brawn and heavy clothing the acolyte was wearing helped them stave off death.

——————————————————

the two acolytes by pylon 2 engage Kurokage in a dance of blades as metal rang against metal like a 1980s Chinese Wuxia movie. After some sparring, the two acolytes pull back from he bounty hunter momentarily after failing to penetrate his defenses. They notice a slight pattern in his stance.

Attacking Kurokage : 2#2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage 0 successes, 1 advantage

p-s.png p-a-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png s--.png s-f.png
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s--.png

they missed but will have a boost next round each of them [\spoiler]

Kr'owk repeats his earlier success and aims at the acolyte running at him with the turret and shoots. It takes him in the chest and he drops instantly. "Who's next?" he shouts with another easy grin. He looks round for his next target ready to draw the gun onto his next target.

Focusing on his foes, Kurokage strikes again, with a quick feint, then a riposte deftly dislodging the weapon from one of his opponents' hands and sending it flying a meter or so away.