Bounting Hunting Doesn't Pay IC Thread

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Planet of Tattooine

City of Mos Shuuta

Night has fallen over the small city of Mos Shuuta, a city situated on a tall rocky bluff with nothing but endless sand and communities of Sand People in every direction surrounding it. Being only 500 meters (.36 meters) by 1000 meters (.66 miles) in diameter, Mos Shuuta is not to large in size but makes up for it with a decent sized population density.

Situated on a highest part of the bluff is the palace of the local crime lord/governor – Teemo the Hutt. At the present moment the group of bounty hunters from the Ragnar syndicate have yet to touch base with Teemo being in the city.

The 5 of you found yourself outside of the Mos Shuuta Cantina, located in the southern portion of the city. The Cantina is just west of the Dewback stables, south of the Traders outposts, and east of Shanty Town. The Cantina also sits on-top of a small cliff, a cliff that would cause someone grievous wounds if they were to fall off.

Inside of the Cantina your street contact, a Kubaz by the name of “Thak Foc” has informed the 5 of you that your two bounties have been spending their between the Cantina and Teemo’s palace. And at the present moment they are in the Cantina.

The two targets….

1. Zig – A sullstan pilot with a flair for style and has a killer reputation with the ladies.

2. Zag – A sullstan fence with a chrome eye and a knack for code-breaking.

Both claim to be notorious gangsters working for Jabba the Hutt. Both have bounties of 2,500 credits dead and 3,000 credits brought in alive (You have the coordinates for the drop off point. A space station in Telos).

Inside of the Cantina you can hear music playing with not much chatter going on. Outside of the Canitna..

1. The last of the Dewbacks are roaming within their electric fence before being brought into the pen by a human female.

2. The jawas are closing up their trading posts.

3. 1 land speeder parked outside.

4. 1 saddled Eopie drinking water from a watering hole and tied to a post.

5. 5 Gamorrean thugs roasting dinner over a oil drum and drinking lots of alcohol.

Kr’owk brings the groups ‘borrowed’ Ubrikkian Industries Bantha-II Cargo Skiff to a slow halt outside of the Cantina. Looking around, no one seems to pay any specific attention to the bounty hunters of the Zepto-Raptor…..

Map of Mos Shuuta

Edited by Sincereagape

Kr'owk stands from his seat and stretches. It wasn't the Zepto-Raptor but the skiff did what they needed it to. His thoughts went to his ship and wondered if it would be safe at landing bay Aurek. The "guards" did not inspire much confidence in him.

He takes out his blaster, thumb over the stun setting and asks his friends: "We taking these guys alive?"

Edited by MrTInce

"Bounty specifically asks for a live capture. All weapons on stun. If we're lucky for once, they'll just realize that they don't stand a chance." Hira was the first to respond to Kr'owk, getting out of her seet. The hood of her robes were pulling double duty of obscuring her features and shielding her pale skin and sensitive eyes from the harsh, burning suns above the desert planet. She had never liked places like this, but work was work. A quick flick on the blaster on her hip swapped it to stun as well - she wasn't exactly packing the sort of heat to intimidate anyone, but even she had to carry a recognizable weapon on a planet of scum like this one.

With her left, white gloved hand, Hira pulled out her comlink. As far as her compatriots from the guild knew, she had a vast network of informants, 'friends' and coworkers spread across the galaxy - an intelligence network she herself fed information into, and always got pertinent information from. Of course, she didn't know anyone like that, but the cover was useful. Switching the comlink to what she knew was an actually empty frequency, she took a half step away from her coworkers, and concentrated.

"Hmm... Might be getting something. Get ready..."

@Edgehawk scanning the outer area of the Cantina, Fitz is able to pick up a very nervous looking Kubaz pacing back and forth in the circular entrance of the Cantina. With large a large snout “Thak Foc” had a very typical physical appearance to his race. A long black hood and a pair of scanner goggles, thak hated the twin suns of tattooine.

Thak Finally looked up from his pacing and saw the Bantha Skiff arrive at the Cantina. The kubaz noticed Fitz, and the appearance of the skip tracer seemed to calm the kubaz down, to the point where thak might be able to exit the Cantina and not draw attention from the gamorreons

Edited by Sincereagape
Added thak foc cool check.

Not sure his informant wishes to be acknowledged, Fitz winks his thanks to the departing Kubaz, and turns back to the team using a low voice: "I don't wear a badge anymore, but I'm not a murderer for hire either." Not when there's an extra thousand creds for the warm bodies... "Set for stun. Corr, with me. Let's see if they want to be reasonable about this, eh?"

Entering the cantina, the lawman-turned-bravo tilts his hat up a bit, and allows his eyes to adjust to the dimly lit interior. Once his eyes are working properly again, a quick look around is all he needs to spy the Sullustan duo.

Avg Perception inside cantina w/Boost from 2 Advantage : 4eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 3 advantage

a-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png (3 Advantage to avoid spooking our targets, or not immediately draw their attention? Or maybe Boost a social encounter/ negotiation?)

Edited by Edgehawk

"Stun it is then," agrees Kr'owk. "I'll take position out here and if any Sullustan attempts to flee I'll shoot."

Looking up from her comlink, Hira seemed almost paler than normal, if any of her allies were to peek under the hood. "We're getting company. Possibly soon. We have to hurry, no time for a subtle approach." Almost whispering to her allies, the Echani's voice was strained with urgency.

The 'informant' made no attempt to reveal how she knew what was coming their way - it was her job to know, so of course she did. Subtly following behind Fitz, she kept one hand close to her blaster, though she didn't pull it quite yet - she'd wait for the former lawman to engage first, and follow his approach. This was his realm and the realm of her allies.

Want me to roll some Vigilance, GM?

Edited by Silim
OOC

Hearing Hira's warning as he enters, Fitz reaches for his dragoon in an easy, practiced motion. Or we can just do it this way...

Initiative (Cool or Vigilance) : 2eA+1eP 1 success, 3 advantage

a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p--.png

Kr'owk tries to hide himself within the Skiff to ensure he isn't being seen by the threats that Hira mentioned.

This is Wes' first hunt with his new colleagues. Having worked odd jobs on Corellia for years, it was time to get out of the way and it's done now. Joining this group is the opportunity to continue working under the mantle but in actions more ambitious than hacking bank accounts.

During his training, Wes was educated to distinguish right from wrong and never to take actions that could be harmful by nature. But in real life situations are much more complex, and without the supervision of a master it is sometimes difficult to know where the good is and where the evil is. Hacking bank accounts of imperial organizations or sabotaging military vehicles that are preparing to forcibly suppress a civil protest seems to be a bad thing, but it is acting for the good of others. Hunt for bounties to catch notorious criminals or dubious individuals can probably be seen as a good deed too in some way.

Wes has always sought to serve the bright side of the Force, but how can he be sure that this is the case ?

Coming out of his thoughts, Wes comes down from the skiff and observes the surroundings of the entrance to the cantina. As Fitz prepares to enter asking Corr to follow him, and on Hira's warning, he quickly inspects the surroundings for a possible service entrance on the side of the building.

Let's be careful, I'll check if I can find another position to cover you if something goes wrong.

Map of the Mos Shuuta Cantina

@Edgehawk @Silim @oneeyedmatt87 The smell of the Cantina was awful. The moment your nostrils flare open is when you realize dropping a thermal detonator in the middle of the establishment would be an improvement of the olfactory décor. But hey the music was decent.

Scanning the Cantina Fitz, Hira, and Corr (If Oneeyedmatt87 selects to have the gunslinger follow Fitz and Hira in) notice 10 individuals throughout the Cantina.

1. The Bartender - There is a red skinned Devorian cleaning some glasses behind the bar. He looks up at trio and gives them a slight snarl. "Y'better be spending credits or ye can get the frag outta here."
  2. The Waitress - A blue skinned Twi'lek female who is roughly middle age and past her prime physically. She is running around the Cantina getting food out to the other patrons. "Sit anywhere you want. It will be awhile before I get to you."
  3. The Performer - Anther blue skinned twi'lek female is dancing on the stage. She looks like she is about 15 years old and shows a great resemblance to the the waitress. A mother and daughter combination perhaps?
  4. The Nikto - Sitting at the bar there is a older Nikto with his back towards the three bounty hunters. He looks behind his shoulder and scans them slowly before shrugging and going back to his drink.
  5. The Aqualish Thugs - 3 Aqualish thugs sit at one of the round tables in front of the stage enjoying the Performers gyrations and making lewd comments towards her and every now and then throwing credits onto the stage as a gesture for something they like. They are obviously armed with blaster pistols and brass knuckles.
  6. See 5
  7. see 5
  8. Zig - The flyboy Sullastan can be seen laughing while sitting at the booth directly to the left of the stage (West of the stage). Around one arm there is another Twi'lek female who is obviously the paid entertainment for tonight. He appears unarmed.
  9. Entertainment - A pink skinned Sullastan who is laying her head on Zig's chest. (See Zig).
  10. Zag - The chromed eyed Sullastan sits in the same booth as Zig, counting credits on the table. His blaster pistol is on the table right in front of him within arms reach.

Other than the bartender, waitress, and the Nikto no one else seems to pay much attention to Hira, Fitz, and Corr (If he is here).

@LaGouache Wes Proga is able to find a service entrance on the west side of the Cantina. It leads into the 'closet' area seems to be used for deliveries in and out of the building. The service entrance is also right beside the generator which seems to be running on its last fumes with constant clicks and clacks. There seems to be a coded padlock on the door with "Star Wars" numerals on it, 9 in total. The door is currently closed.

@MrTInce Kr'owk manages to find a nice space to hide on the skiff. Ready to take cover in case all heck breaks lose. Also, it gives the Chiss a good position in case anyone leaves the front entrance of the Cantina.

There are three range bands inside of the cantina itself. From the entrance to zig and zag's booth is medium. Entrance to the circle tables in front of the stage where the aqualish thugs is short.

Edited by Sincereagape

"Reasonable... yeah, sure." Corr's accent almost makes the last word sound like (shooor).

He switches both of his blasters to stun. And follows behind Fitz and Hira with a measured pace.

His nostrils flare as the stench hits him Why is it always places like this?

He takes the opportunity to nonchalantly brush the desert sand off of his duster, ensuring that he has quick access to his pistols if this job goes sideways.

" I assume one of you is going to do the talking? I generally speak better with my blasters than my mouth, so if it's reasonable you're looking for..."

Edited by oneeyedmatt87
Whoops, this is the IC

Wes looks at the door lock. If it can be opened it may provide a small advantage to come in unnoticed in case anything goes wrong.

A surprise attack on the targets may be a good idea too, switching off the generator to get the team an advantage from the dark and the surprise effect. But the system is old. It may be difficult to turn it off without actually breaking it.

Let's open this door first , thinks Wes to himself.

@Edgehawk @Silim @oneeyedmatt87 The three bounty hunters easily notice that something has caught the attention of the Devorian bartender. From behind the bar he pulls out a blaster carbine and begins to head to the storage/service area directly north of the bar itself.

@LaGouache Wes Proga hears a....*Click* the service door opens revealing closed cargo cylinders, cleaning tools, and racks and shelves of food and drinks. The light was already on inside of the storage closet.

Edited by Sincereagape

Fitz approaches the Sullustans, blaster in hand at this point, but down by his side aimed at the floor.

"That distraction..." (nodding at the departing Devoronian) "... is for you two to get the frak outta here. There's a bounty on you, but we need you to break a code. Introductions will have to wait, but you're gonna want to follow me. We're about to have company. Beat it, ladies."

(Deception check?): Avg Deception w/setback : 3eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Edited by Edgehawk
Added check.

Corr follows behind Fitz and leans casually with his back against the wall between the bar and the first booth on the northern wall. From here he attempts to keep both the Aqualish and the Nikto in his peripheral vision, while keeping his attention primarily on Fitz and the Sullustans.

Bringing up his comlink to his mouth, he says loud enough for the Sullustans' benefit "Hear that Wes? Whatever you're doing out there, looks like you have a not-so-friendly bartender heading your way, and he's packing heat ..."

He quickly drops the comlink in his pocket before any confusion on the line unraveled Fitz's story.

Wes looks into the service room from the door. It is quiet. At the moment he comes in the voice of Corr warns him from the comlink.

Copy that. Thanks.

Wes quickly gets out of the room and closes the door. He takes place near the door, his back against the wall to try to surprise the bartender if he comes out to check what happened.

@Edgehawk Zig turns to Zag before speaking in Sullastan very quickly. "We should listen to the man. Let's get out of here. They must have posted a bounty on us already!"

Zag: "Calm down. I agree for now." Zag grabs the credits on the table along with his blaster and then shuffles out of the booth followed by Zig. The Twi'lek entertainment scatters to another table.

They begin to make it towards the front entrance, walking along the west wall, away from the stage.

@LaGouache The closed door opens with a loud thud as the bartender pushes the door open. Blaster carbine pointing ahead, the bartender does a scan of the building before noticing Wes Proga with his back against the wall. The bartender snarls at Wes, "A drekkin' Munn. Ye have three seconds, to tell me what the heck yer doing here, cause I'm a nice guy. Heh. Otherwise I blow yer head off with my little friend here." He concludes patting the carbine like a little puppy.

@MrTInce From his vantage point on the skiff, Kr'owk sees Wes Proga being confronted by the bartender. The Chiss can't make out the dialogue but, sees the carbine pointed at Wes Proga. (Kr'owk is currently at medium range from the action).

Edited by Sincereagape

Kr'owk starts up the engine of the Skiff and revs the engine loudly, readying it should the barman be too trigger happy. Wes can jump out the way , the chiss assures himself.

Wes puts his hands up.

Well, my apologies, I meant no harm. I tried to ... "surprise" some guests of yours. Don't worry about me, I'm on my way ! , he says, backing towards the entrance of the alley.

@LaGouache The bartender growls, “No surprises at my bar tonight. If you and yer friends are planning something. Do it elsewhere otherwise, I’ll be calling the troops.” With that the bartender slams the service door shut.

@oneeyedmatt87 @Silim @Edgehawk The aqualish group is lost in the euphoria of the stage dance and pay no heed as zig and zag make their way out of the bar presumably with the three of you.

The nikto looks up from his drink and looks at the three of you and then at zig and zag. “Y’vonne. Another round.” He yells raising his glass at the waitress.

Zig and zag Pause at the entrance of the cantina before heading out onto the streets of Mos Shuuta, “Before we go completely blind with you - where are you taking us?”

Well ... so much for the surprise entrance ! Wes thinks to himself.

He goes back to the skiff.

Seeing his friend approach Kr'owk stops revving the engine but keeps it running anyway. "Probably best not to run down the barkeep on their first day," the chiss mutters to himself.

"We're heading for Landing Bay Aurek" Corr addresses the brothers as he sits against the rail on the back of the skiff.

"We have cargo that needs to be delivered, but the buyer wants to verify and we haven't been able to contact the seller for the unlock codes"

I don't need to (or want to necessarily) RP this conversation, just wanted to bookend the scene with something other than an unanswered question. A screenwipe is totally cool to keep the action moving.

Edited by oneeyedmatt87

It was the waitress 'Yvonne' who stopped what she was doing when the bounty hunters left the cantina with Zig and Zag, and spoke into her wrist commlink to send a message to Teemo the Hutt's mercenaries who were also interested in brining in an 'easy' bounty.

"Three humans just left the Cantina with the two marks. Set up barricades at the electro-fence, and tell the guards at Landing Bay Besh and Aurek to be ready." With any luck her daughter's Rodian boyfriend along with his posse would be able gun down the bounty hunters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From up on the hill where Teemo the Hutt's palace stands the crew of the Zepto Raptor see three land speeders heading in their direction. Each land-speeder has a pilot and multiple passengers with intentions to kill. They begin descending on their skiff quickly.