Bounting Hunting Doesn't Pay IC Thread

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

"We've got company, fellas. You two do have blasters, I hope?"

Fitz still has his dragoon in hand, and draws a bead on the rapidly approaching speeders, waiting for a more specific target to come into range.

"Hold onto something fellas this is going to get choppy!" warns Kr'owk unable to hide the grin on his face. He pivots the skiff quickly and points it at the first alley he sees that he could fit it down and revs forward.

Wes jumps into the skiff, his blaster ready.

The streets of Mos Shuuta are narrow but the city is small, we may have trouble to escape them with the Skiff.
We should hide somewhere and try to head to the Landing Bay once we could get rid of the welcoming party. Maybe in Shantytown.

Satisfied with Corr's response, Zig and Zag jump into the skiff. They then see the three speeders coming right towards them as Kr'owk heads north.

"Where you going drek-head! Yer heading right for them!" Zag yells at the Chiss.

Kr'owk winks and makes a sharp right turn towards Vorn's junk shop. The three land speeders remain at LONG range as they follow. Kr'owk manages to make a sharp turn around Vorn's junk shop, knocking over some boxes in turn with a part of the skiff.

An old human with a hunched back yells from the doorway of the junk shop..."HEY! GET BACK HERE! YER MOUTHER WAS A BANTHA BUTT WIPER!" Shaking his first at Kr'owk.

Looking back, one of the other characters notices that the lead speeder has one Rodian driver and four passengers. The 2nd and 3rd speeder have 1 Aqualish drivers and four other passengers as well.

1. The First speeder driven by the Rodian - manages to make the turn around Vorn's junk shop. It knocks into one of the boxes and a frag grenade rolls out of the box.....exploding......KA-BOOOOOOOOOM. The explosion knocks one of the passengers out of the speeder and into Vorn's property.

2. The other two speeders are not as lucky. One crashes into the fence, and another is forced to make another turn down an alleyway losing ground....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Rodian driver manages to curse at the misfortune. But then points at the Skiff ahead of them....as the three men left with him bring up Blaster Rifles......

"Nice flying! Now get us up to the rooftops and it should be a clear shot to the shuttle bay!" Fitz hunkers down a bit, trying to keep Zig and Zag between him and the rifles behind them... then sighs and pulls them down too. "Keep down, guys.. doesn't look like they're too worried about taking you alive."

"Now this is fun!" shouts Kr'owk gleefully bouncing up to the roof. In front of him are rows of clothes lines and empty cargo crates leading to the landing bay. A wicked idea takes Kr'owk and he weaves through every clothes line he can find, much to the chagrin of his colleagues. Their guests are not too pleased and get buffeted about and bump into the driver. He loses control of the craft as he attempts the final jump to the landing bay and he over steers and the craft flies down, the hover engines incorrectly positioned cause the skiff to flip on the side and ejecting the passengers. Kr'owk, not unfamiliar to a good crash manages to roll with it and stand on his feet, blaster drawn, smile on his face. "We are doing that again!"

The third and final speeder in the chase continued to wonder around the streets of Mos Shuuta. The lead bounty hunter muttered under his breath as he heard the foolish Rodian crash into Bantha Dung. "It is up to me now." He turned to the driver of the speeder and yelled, "Keep going, try your best to head to Aurek."

With that the Bounty Hunter pressed a button activing his rocket boots which allowed him to fly up to the roofs. He then continued to use the jet boots to head to Shuttle Bay Aurek with Blaster Rifle in hand. Planning to pick them off one by one from the roof.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emerging from Shuttle Bay Aurek are two Weequay enforcers, armed with Vibro axes. They grunt and growl before lowering their melee weapons at the group.

Edited by Sincereagape

Fitz gracelessly exits the rolling skiff, but manages to hold onto his dragoon and quickly rolls to his feet. Drawing a bead on the Weequay to the right, he takes aim and fires. The charged particles from the stun setting overload the vibro-axe momentarily, causing the wielder to drop it as blue arcs fly from it. "Stand aside! Next shot goes through your thick skull!" Fitz makes a point to exaggeratedly flip the stun setting to off.

Ranged light @ Weequay on right (stun) : 2eA+1eP+1eB+1eD 0 successes, 3 advantage

a-s-s.png a--.png p-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png (3 Advantage to disarm).

Edited by Edgehawk

Flying through the air, Corr adjusts his landing and rolls into a kneeling position as if he was planning on being thrown from the vehicle.

As he pops up, both blasters are in his hands and are spitting blue fire.

The remaining weequay staggers under the onslaught and collapses.

"Like the man said," Corr grumbles "Your friend was lucky my blasters were on stun... You..." *CLICK CLICK* "Are not so fortunate"

Targeting armed weequay (stun) (two weapons) : 1eP+3eA+5eB+1eD 2 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a--.png b--.png b-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png

Took 2 strain to reduce difficulty of 2 weapon fighting. Aimed x2, 1 boost from coordination check, 2 ranks of quick strike for a total of 5 boosts.

2 success mean 11 damage each hit, 7 after soak. Spend 2 adv to hit with second weapon. 14 damage against 13 wound threshold. I have 3 strain, I'd like to give a boost to anyone who either tries to coerce or stun the disarmed guard for 2 adv and use the remaining 1 to recover strain if that's ok.

Kr'owk not wanting to be outdone by his friend lines up a shot and stuns the second guard.

10 stun damage plus 4 advantage, Kr'owk will notice a side entrance normally locked up actually unlocked and unattended.

http://orokos.com/roll/747616

"I think I've found out way in!"

Edited by MrTInce

Wes rolls clumsily out of the skiff and manages to avoid hitting the floor miserably. He lands smoothly but not effortlessly, blaster in hand, only to see that his friends already started to take care of the foes during his stunt.

I'm right behind you !

He aims at the standing guard and his shot find its way right on him. Taking advantage of the short confusion of the guard after the shot he received, Wes throws himself behind the corner of the building to take cover of the enemy's fire.

Edited by LaGouache

Seeing his ally get dropped by the gunslinger with such devastation the Weequay is momentarily stunned just before taking two hits from the Munn and Chiss. Realizing the battle was lost after only one round, the Weequay throws his vibroaxe to the dust and brings out a frag grenade....this group will take him down no doubt, but that fate is much better than being thrown into the Sarlacc Pit for failure and slowly be digested over the next thousand years..He realizes the gunslinger is the most dangerous...

Frag Grenade targeted at Corr.... Frag : 1eP+1eA+1eS+1eD 3 successes, 1 threat

p-s-s.png a-s.png s--.png d-th.png

@oneeyedmatt87

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile.....the last bounty hunter with rocket boots spots the Water Tower as the perfect place for a sniping position....He attempts to land on the water tower with his rocket boots...

Rokcet Boots to get onto water tower : 2eA+2eD 1 failure, 2 threat

a-a.png a--.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

That didn't end well...

In the distance you hear rocket boots sputtering as they begin to run out of fuel.....then you hear someone yell.."Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh." from a figure falling from the sky and landing face first on the road.

Edited by Sincereagape

"Grenade!" Fitz hollers, but there is little time or cover, and Corr takes the brunt of the blast. Taking more careful aim this time, he fires his dragoon at the remaining goon.

Ranged light : 3eA+2eB+1eD 6 successes, 3 advantage

a-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-s-s.png b-s.png b-a-a.png d--.png Crit on Weequay : 1d100 44 (14 dmg + 3 Advantage to Crit (44=bowled over); Additional Advantage from laser sight to pass a Boost)

"Right, let's get this thing back and running," suggest the Chiss stowing his pistol and turning to the skiff. Tinkering with it to get it back up and manages to get the skiff running.

http://orokos.com/roll/748358 (Set back removed from gear head). Success with a threat.

Edited by MrTInce

Fitz takes aim. Lowers the heavy blaster and pew pew pew. Drops the Weequay to the ground. Kr'owk sensing an opportunity, the Chiss is able to jump start the Skiff.

While Kr'owk is working on the Skiff, he can feel/hear Zig plead.."Cmon hurry up! Yer taking toooo long."

When the Skiff comes to life, Zag gives a Sullastan grin. "GOOD, now take us to Jabba." He demands of the bounty hunters.

That is when they hear the city sirens go off.....in response to the explosions from the two frag grenades and blaster fire. Meaning...the place will be crawling with Pig-faced guards wielding more vibroaxes.....

(Meanwhile.....somewhere on the Planet of Dathomir – 15 BBY)

The creature known as Maul squatted within the hovel It called home. A large rotted tree that had died during the days of the Old Republic. Foreign insects and alien parasites crawled all over the ragged clothing Maul now adorned. For five years, Maul festered in this state -- plotting revenge, internalizing hatred, and welcoming in malice.

The large tree like cavern housed skulls and artifacts. Skulls of victims that Maul had preyed upon here on Dathomir. Artifacts collected during the time of the Clone Wars – trophies such as the Dark Saber taken from the Mandalorian Pre-Vizsla.

“Soon….soon….not yet. There are still steps that need to be done! We must gather more power. We must strengthen Our forces…before taking vengeance upon Sidious! But..first..We must find Kenobi…Oh yes..Kenobi…Heeeeeeee.”

The nine other figures within the Creature’s home began to feel uneasy as Maul seemed to be speaking to Itself. Humanoid individuals of a variety of species all with one common trait…an attunement to the force. Each of them had been beckoned, drawn to Dathomir to heed the callings of Maul. Acolytes who sought to learn the power of the dark side from Maul. They were to become Maul’s aides in It’s quest for revenge, and in turn Maul would allow them to harness their powers for their own personal gains.

We must arm all of you with Lightsabers or your own!” Maul screamed at the nine. “The temple of Illium is kept under the watchful eye of the Empire….so are the caves of Jedha….that leaves only the fabled ACABLAS RUINS! The nine of you shall find your crystals there!”

“Yes, Lord Maul,” they all replied in almost zombie like fashion. All of them knew, that Maul was considered one of the greatest lightsaber duelist of their time. The one who slew the famed Qui-Gon Jinn during the Invasion of Naboo. Needless to say, they were all chomping at the bit to learn from Maul.

“Hmmmmm. But how to find them? How to find them indeed?! We see an Ithorian…the former Jedi keeper of the Acablas Ruins. Find them. Find the Ithorian known as Tobar Ka-Teen . Work together. Power awaits those who succeed. Death for those who fail. Once you find the Ithorian, bring them to Us…..come to Dathomir.”

Each acolyte began to file out of the cavern one by one. Little did they know that the Acablas Ruins also housed a Sith temple…a place where Maul could finally locate and obtain a pyramid shaped Sith Holocron….

Edited by Sincereagape

Corr looks down at the fallen Weequay who had thrown the grenade. His side is burning from the grenade wound, and for a second, his grip on his left pistol tightened.

No. He holstered both of his pistols. May be a hunter but I'm no murderer. Besides... He kicked the Weequay in the head. Whatever his punishment for failing will probably be worse than a blaster bolt to the brain.

" Of course," he turns to the two Sullustan brothers. As the sirens being blaring, he continues "That would be our cue. Please, follow me."

While the other crewmembers load the skiff and Kr'owk starts preflight, Corr leads the brothers onto the ship. "Just in here, our guest quarters, you can stay here while we get you to Jabba." He walks slightly past and opens a hatch, revealing a darkened room. The two brothers walk in.

"Wait... what is this?" One of the brothers starts to turn, but both of Corr's pistols are out and both brothers collapse after taking stun bolts at point blank range.

"Oops, maybe this is the holding cell. My mistake. I always get so twisted around." Corr says as he seals the door.

Now... he thinks as the Corellian Freighter leaps into the sky. Time to track down that medkit...

/screenwipe

While in Hyperspace the image of Ithorian comes up on the ship's holo-projector for all of you to see. The image is of a non-descript Ithorian wearing a mechanics uniform covered in oil stains. Underneath the image of the Ithorian is a name..

Vasar Sother.

Bounty: 35,000 Credits

Bounty Alive: 35,000 credits

Bounty Dead: 15,000 credits (Upper Body Must be Present in order to collect the reward)

Then in another line beneath the image. Ragnar Syndicate Guild Fee: 15% of all bounties from here on out.

@LaGouache (Wes Proga)

You recognize the image of Vasar Sother. What I mentioned to you via PM.

The Zepto Raptor emerges into the space just above the moon of Nar Shadda. One can make out that the planet is one giant METROPOLIS even from the view in space.

The Ragnar Syndicate's contact on Nar Shadda is a Female Toydarian named Vug Nib. Vug sent the group a message about meeting her at Docking Bay A77 in the old "Refugee Sector" during the times of the Old Republic.

@Everyone

Anyone else can make a average streetwise or Knowledge Underworld with one upgrade check to see if they have their own contact on Nar Shadda. People may also make a Knowledge Outerim check - Hard Difficulty with one upgrade. Quality of the contact will be based off the roll.

11 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

While in Hyperspace the image of Ithorian comes up on the ship's holo-projector for all of you to see. The image is of a non-descript Ithorian wearing a mechanics uniform covered in oil stains. Underneath the image of the Ithorian is a name..

Vasar Sother.

Bounty: 35,000 Credits

Bounty Alive: 35,000 credits

Bounty Dead: 15,000 credits (Upper Body Must be Present in order to collect the reward)

Then in another line beneath the image. Ragnar Syndicate Guild Fee: 15% of all bounties from here on out.

@LaGouache (Wes Proga)

You recognize the image of Vasar Sother. What I mentioned to you via PM.

The Zepto Raptor emerges into the space just above the moon of Nar Shadda. One can make out that the planet is one giant METROPOLIS even from the view in space.

The Ragnar Syndicate's contact on Nar Shadda is a Female Toydarian named Vug Nib. Vug sent the group a message about meeting her at Docking Bay A77 in the old "Refugee Sector" during the times of the Old Republic.

@Everyone

Anyone else can make a average streetwise or Knowledge Underworld with one upgrade check to see if they have their own contact on Nar Shadda. People may also make a Knowledge Outerim check - Hard Difficulty with one upgrade. Quality of the contact will be based off the roll.

Streetwise : 3eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-s-a.png a--.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Tiquib the Chadra-Fan was playing Pazzak at the Orange Lady...local establishment on Nar Shadda known for inexpensive food, bearded ladies, a violent Aqualish bartender (Seems to follow you guys), Death Stick Dealers, the Blue Circle Gang, and of course a place to get information....

Despite being the self-proclaimed descendant of "The Champ"

Tiquib never seems to win at pazzak......."When is Fitz Deckard going to get back into town?" Tiquib mumbled to himself, "I need more credits and Fitzy is always a sucker...."

That's when 9 figures dressed in black robes entered into the Orange Lady...something you don't see everyday. They composed of a variety of species ...2 Grans..1 Duros..3 Twi'leks...2 Gands...and a Bothan....dressed like some type of dark cult.

Tiquib held his breath in order to refrain from coughing. "Losing strain....slowly..."

Tiquib easily noticed they were all hiding a medium sized melee weapon under their robes (Succeeded perception check). The cultist made their way to a booth in order to speak with a local fixer...some jabroni. Tiquib made his way towards them, and over heard a name...

"Vasar Sother."

The Ithorian mechanic? That guy was a nutcase. To scholarly for Tiquib. Always talking about artifacts, scrolls, and books. Boring. But Sother had vanished last week.....

"Hmmmmm. Maybe I should look into this, and keep an eye out for these cultists. Then I could bleed someone like Fitzy dry for credits...Heh...heh..heh."

Fitz watches the holomessage to the end, then considers their options.

"Whattaya think, fellas? We can meet the syndicate rep at the docking bay, maybe glean some more details from her?"

" Orrr.. . I have a pretty reliable informant, likes to play pazaak at the Orange Lady. He's convinced I'm an easy mark, 'cause I let him win while he fills my ears with some pretty astonishing information. Big ears for such a little guy, hears everything, apparently."

Vug Nib had been working furiously over the past 24 hours ever since she heard that there was a bounty on Vasar Sother. She knew of the old Ithorian mechanic. Mostly he kept to himself, owned a small shop, and from what she knew...was just getting by. He was pleasant enough, albeit a bit strange at times with conversation.

Vug Nib served as the contact for the Ragnar syndicate on Nar Shadda. The job kept her busy. Finding information and working the streets was her thing. There was a group from the syndicate coming soon. She would pass her info off to them. The Zepto Raptor...motley crew of misfits. Did well on their last job on Mos Shutta.

She had to be careful. The last time a group from the syndicate came to Nar Shadda....there was an incident with the Ganks......in fact the old Ithorian's shop was crawling with the them (The Ganks), making it difficult for her to get inside.

Why? Why was the bounty so much? Suddenly she realized....that was when a hand closed over her mouth from behind and she felt a vibroknife pressed against her back....

Wes watches carefully at the holo-message from the Engineering seat and remains silent a few moments at Fitz's question.

Well ... if Fitz have a contact somewhere, it should not be worse than anything else ... right ?

It looks like we have a plan. Let me open a secure line to get to him.

Wes gets to the holo-messenger and starts configuring a communication pipe to the coordinates that Fitz provides him.

"Just let me know where to park," says Kr'owk carefully piloting the ship as to not draw attention.

While trying to secure a line to contact Fitz's "friend", the data communication was slightly slower than expected. It could be anything from old material to ions in the air of the planet today. Call it instinct or luck but Wes reacts with caution to this disturbance.

Wait, something's not right here. Fitz, give me a few more power on the communication emitter. I want to check something.

With the boosted emitter it is easier for Wes to broadcast data checks along the line he tries to secure ... to find that the communication is not just two-ways.

Well, well ... it happens we're not the only ones to have interests in your contact, Fitz. What do we have here ?

Wes tries to get to the source of the disturbance to get informations about the spy.