After Padawan and Knight in Rise of the Separatists, what other Jedi specs could we get?

By Stan Fresh, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Master is the obvious possibility.

Maybe something armor-related that's not tech-focused the way Guardian's Armorer is.

A leader type Jedi General.

Something teaching focused? The Clone Wars show spends a lot of time on the training Ahsoka receives from Anakin and others.

Lots of overlap with existing specs here, though.

3 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

Master is the obvious possibility.

Maybe something armor-related that's not tech-focused the way Guardian's Armorer is.

A leader type Jedi General.

Something teaching focused? The Clone Wars show spends a lot of time on the training Ahsoka receives from Anakin and others.

Lots of overlap with existing specs here, though.

Yeah i have been pondering what the 6 specs of the jedi career would be and what the signature abilities would be. We have 2 and master would make a good 3rd. But the other 3?i have been pondering swtor as a possible inspiration

Then there is the 6th clone spec. Which i am thinking commando as a possibility. And what signature ability they would have. Maybe extreme scrapem?

Edited by Daeglan
4 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Yeah i have been pondering what the 6 specs of the jedi career would be and what the signature abilities would be. We have 2 and master would make a good 3rd. But the other 3?i have been pondering swtor as a possible inspiration

Then there is the 6th clone spec. Which i am thinking commando as a possibility. And what signature ability they would have. Maybe extreme scrapem?

Clone Soldier signature ability: Execute Order 66. An ability that allows them to apply all their anti-droid talents towards fighting Jedi and then has upgrades that degrade the effectiveness of Reflect.

Jedi signature ability: The Force Is My Ally. Win the scene.

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

Clone Soldier signature ability: Execute Order 66. An ability that allows them to apply all their anti-droid talents towards fighting Jedi and then has upgrades that degrade the effectiveness of Reflect.

Jedi signature ability: The Force Is My Ally. Win the scene.

Ok can we have a non era specific options?

36 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Ok can we have a non era specific options?

Well, they are era-specific careers...

Clone Soldier could also get the Traviss-inspired "Do You Even Mando?" Signature Ability. 😎

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

Clone Soldier could also get the Traviss-inspired "Do You Even Mando?" Signature Ability. 😎

What is unfortunate is I liked the Clone Commando books. But she went so far off the deep end in her later stuff. Even towards the end of the Clone Commando stuff it was starting to be the Mando are the best. Which was starting to get annoying.

One option could be to pull from an old WEG supplement/Legends comics and do a Battlemaster. Which could finally add in some of the Jar Kai stuff people have been clamoring for.

Edited by Jareth Valar

So Master... and Battle Master...Hmmm seems good. I am guessing the Master tree might get the secrets of the Jedi talents.

Temple Guardian

Jedi Consular

Jedi Guardian

jedi Sentinel

Jedi Commander

1 minute ago, Decorus said:

Temple Guardian

Jedi Consular

Jedi Guardian

jedi Sentinel

Jedi Commander

I think the Guardian the Sentinel and the Consular are covered by the corresponding career.

But Jedi Commander and Temple Guardian and Jedi Master might be good. Add Jedi Archivist and I think that rounds things out.

Has anyone else considered that the jedi star might not get 6 specs?

In another thread, I suggested Master, Archivist, General, and Temple Guard. I also listed off a ton of corresponding talents and skills that I picture each having. I'll have to find the post latter, after I get off work.

24 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

That is possible. But I think we may eventually get the six... I don't know that we will get them in Collapse... One could hope...I feel we will probably get Master in Collapse...Maybe Commander. I hope....

58 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I said could, not will. ;)

Jedi Carpenter?

Jedi Groundskeeper?

Jedi Communications Director?

Do they actually need anything else?

While I wouldn't mind a Master spec, consider this:

Knight has a prerequisite and therefore pretty much has to be published together with Padawan for the career to be eligible.

A Master spec would probably have a higher prerequisite, meaning you'd have to either reprint Padawan AND Knight, or publish a spec and a career that's useless unless you have the other book.

And if you reprint Padawan and Knight AND add Knight, you're seriously undercutting Rise of the Separatists unique selling point. From a publishing perspective, it doesn't seem unreasonable that we get nothing at all, unless there's some spec that thematically doesn't need a prerequisite.

I realize my defense of free-form talents is probably tiresome, but the lack of any Form talents in these trees is a real problem. You're basically forcing every Jedi to be a Brawn character, which is incredibly boring.

(Unless you do the Outcast, since they have a talent that is apparently every form in one, which hilariously makes them better than the Jedi specs)

16 minutes ago, TyrisFlare said:

I realize my defense of free-form talents is probably tiresome, but the lack of any Form talents in these trees is a real problem. You're basically forcing every Jedi to be a Brawn character, which is incredibly boring.

(Unless you do the Outcast, since they have a talent that is apparently every form in one, which hilariously makes them better than the Jedi specs)

I dunno about forcing. Buying into a form spec for the stat switcher costs only like 35 xp or so.

4 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

I dunno about forcing. Buying into a form spec for the stat switcher costs only like 35 xp or so.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, TyrisFlare said:

Until you run the math.

Form=Tree cost+10 for Out of Career, +15 for Talents.

Outcast costs = Tree cost + 45 for Talents.

Getting the Renegade Form talent costs 20XP more than just going for an actual form.

Edited by Ghostofman

Or, you know, you could just buy ranks of the Lightsaber skill to make up for an average Brawn.

5 hours ago, TyrisFlare said:

Not to be terribly contrary, but we only see the first two rows of these new spec trees. It’s entirely possible that the talent you seek is in one of the unrevealed rows. Not saying it is, but it is possible.

I don’t mind needing to pick up the form trees from F&D to accomplish this either. Cross specializing is somewhat encouraged in this system. 10 extra XP to realize your character concept isn’t that steep of a tax, especially if you’re building a Jedi. That’s gonna take a bunch of XP to fully realize anyway.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Outcast also doesn't provide you with a whole bunch of talents and career skills built around your fighting style.

It's a baseless complaint.

8 hours ago, TyrisFlare said:

Unless  you do the Outcast, since they have a talent that is  apparently  every form  in one

No, Renegade Form is any one form, not all of them.