Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order FREE UPDATE

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

xbut8kcuee331.png

LAAT Gunship

I fully get what @Captain Lackwit is saying. That Force Power was definitely to show of Kylo Ren’s abilities, Heir to Vader and all.

They could have come up with something new with The Force we had not seen before and less iconic to Kylo.

There is a power creep in video games, even in table top miniature games. Playability and fun factor are just as important as the internal Canon logic for games.

It’s hard enough for me to see yet another Jedi running around as well but it’s a HUGE Galaxy, my way of rationalizing this is it’s just yet another story within a much bigger Saga.

Looks a bit like Force Unleashed but you're a good guy this time. Didn't watch all the gameplay though.

Did I see Ezra in the trailer?

Captain Lackwit they're giving you a Kylo character feel without making a Kylo game because there isn't a big enough audience for a Kylo game. Also they did a "bad guy" version of this that wasn't that well liked called The Force Unleashed. And they can't really make a bad guy game where you are the bad guy doing bad things and market that to kids. So you get Kylo powers on not Kylo. Also I have noticed a tendency with all of the mult-media stuff to try and prop up things in the sequels. So Kylo's powers on some other force user that came before.

So much shaky-cam.

2 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Looks a bit like Force Unleashed but you're a good guy this time. Didn't watch all the gameplay though.

Captain Lackwit they're giving you a Kylo character feel without making a Kylo game because there isn't a big enough audience for a Kylo game. Also they did a "bad guy" version of this that wasn't that well liked called The Force Unleashed. And they can't really make a bad guy game where you are the bad guy doing bad things and market that to kids. So you get Kylo powers on not Kylo. Also I have noticed a tendency with all of the mult-media stuff to try and prop up things in the sequels. So Kylo's powers on some other force user that came before.

So much shaky-cam.

I remember the second one being received negatively, but the first one was a successful game and had decent review scores (not in the 10s, but not as badly reviewed as the sequel) as far as I can remember (or tell from a quick Google search).

This game does feel like it retreads a lot of the same space as TFU and some other Star Wars games, like Jedi Academy, without looking as fun. It looks a bit stuck in game design from a decade ago. With it coming out in November, I don't think they have time to improve much. I like some of the imagery but overall doesn't look compelling to me.

It looks pretty awesome to me... enough to pre-order the deluxe edition. lol

13 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

It’s hard enough for me to see yet another Jedi running around as well but it’s a HUGE Galaxy, my way of rationalizing this is it’s just yet another story within a much bigger Saga.

I was able to believe in a small number of force users with the OT, but when the PT came out, it pretty much destroyed that idea. Once you put together that there was the Jedi order taking kids from all over the galaxy and training them, that you don't have to be a part of some specific bloodline to have a connection to the Force, even with Order 66 happening, force-sensitive children are still going to be born all over the galaxy and there are going to be more force users that grow to maturity. The addition of the Inquisition helps clear the space so Luke, Vader, and Palpatine can be unique and important and have their climactic meeting and story conclusion, but when you start considering the actual size of a galaxy spanning empire , yeah, there are going to be those that slip through the cracks, and there is some room for stories to be told there.

It kind of like the Death Star: it was necessary to have it to attempt to police a galaxy-wide government, because it would be impossible to do so with conventional military and police forces. Space is just too **** spacey . But, if you put the fear of a moon-sized battle station that just pops into orbit at any time and will destroy your entire world in less than two minutes later, you can get obedience. With a brutal inquisition, you can try to track down the rare force users to crush them before they become trouble, but you are going to rely on fear to assist with people turning on their neighbors, and there will be those that slip through your grasp. Its just impossible to catch everyone.

2 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I remember the second one being received negatively, but the first one was a successful game and had decent review scores (not in the 10s, but not as badly reviewed as the sequel) as far as I can remember (or tell from a quick Google search).

This game does feel like it retreads a lot of the same space as TFU and some other Star Wars games, like Jedi Academy, without looking as fun. It looks a bit stuck in game design from a decade ago. With it coming out in November, I don't think they have time to improve much. I like some of the imagery but overall doesn't look compelling to me.

I think you're right with the sequel being less well received than the first installment of Force Unleashed. I enjoyed both of them. I don't have to have everything being open world but aside from the graphics what we've seen so far doesn't seem very "modern" non-open world aside.

50 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

I think you're right with the sequel being less well received than the first installment of Force Unleashed. I enjoyed both of them. I don't have to have everything being open world but aside from the graphics what we've seen so far doesn't seem very "modern" non-open world aside.

The lack of modern design as I see it here isn't about how open the spaces feel or it being "open world." It's more about how boring the AI looks to play against. Maybe some of that was so the character wouldn't die in the demo'd video but I think a lot of gamers have come to expect decent AI and not repetitive samey enemies.

I suspect we are getting something cooler tomorrow at Nintendo.

22 hours ago, Frimmel said:

So much shaky-cam.

There's never been a Vader game.

But there's a huge audience for that.

Besides the upcoming Vader Immortal? :)

On 6/11/2019 at 8:08 AM, Demon4x4 said:

Besides the upcoming Vader Immortal? :)

To my understanding, you don't actually play as Vader.

But we should totally have a game where we play this ‘heroic’ level. We can have where he slaughters a bunch of children as the tutorial level. 🙄

You play as Vader in the beginning level of The Force Unleashed.

the more videos I've seen if the game leaves me apprehensive.. the lightsaber marks in the enemies armour is horrible - not on defeated enemies mind you, that is find and I understand the no dismemberment policy, I'm talking about that purge trooper that should be dead.

The armour is clearly not cortosis as the lightsaber doesn't shut down, instead the lightsaber passes harmlessly through the enemy.

Lightsabers are really weak in games, and while I understand games need balance, I find it immersion breaking.

thf0ejmr2v531.jpg

Again, I'm really not sold on the combat.

Lightsabers or so weak in games - again, done for game balance, but come on.. stabbing a trooper or slashing at them should be a death blow if they are hit.

As egregious as it is in the videos it’s still better than the lightsaber pool noodle combat that is krap of the old republic.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange
On 6/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

At least we are getting some new ships for the Rebels.

t2lov9alkrj31.jpg

The Art of Jedi Fallen Order cover

upn91mvwphk31.jpg

Aren't those the bad guys from Stargate? Goauld or something?

6 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Aren't those the bad guys from Stargate? Goauld or something?

Jedi! Kree!

zu4hjmjiael31.jpg

tbp78oyskll31.jpg

fmumuz13czo31.png

Ninth Sister in game !

Cal’s Mission Trailer