By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

skm8knid6mr21.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

No Rose,

I wonder what happened?

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

No Rose,

I wonder what happened?

She was replaced with 2 more female leads and BB-8's new droid friend. Oh and I guess that 'Say WHHAATT!?~' alien on the poster.

More seriously, she is on the cast list, so they are either A) keeping her out of early release content for one reason or another OR B) she has been reduced to effectively a background character like Jar Jar was for ATOC and even more so ROTS.

Observations/Predictions:

1) Threatened fanboys will throw a conniption fit over that TIE Interceptor scene.

2) It sucks they waited so long to bring back Lando. Everyone we really wanted him to interact with is gone.

3) Is that the wreckage of Death Star II?

4) Rey's parentage is about to be retconned.

Retconned is a strong term. Kylo doesn’t know jack and I don’t know why anyone would take that manipulative nonsense seriously.

1 hour ago, Ambaryerno said:

Observations/Predictions:

1) Threatened fanboys will throw a conniption fit over that TIE Interceptor scene.

2) It sucks they waited so long to bring back Lando. Everyone we really wanted him to interact with is gone.

3) Is that the wreckage of Death Star II?

4) Rey's parentage is about to be retconned.

Honestly based off the trailer I'm just expecting something along the lines of:

Palpatine, unlike his master found out how to cheat death and Snoke was either his pawn/apprentice, or some sort of force illusion he created to maintain rule over the first order. Anakin's force ghost is acting through Rey to explain how she is so strong, with him doing it to try and strike down his former master once and for all to fulfill the prophecy and to have it so that Rey was 'technically' a Skywalker the entire time without them having to retcon TLJ.

Of course, this is all utter speculation but it would let them do their 'end of the saga' without having the ST feel completely and utterly tacked on without having much tie to the rest of the saga. Additionally having Palp as the 'surprise' third act villain lets them sort of do what Lucas had originally thought about doing for the ST back when it would have been about Luke finding his sister, pre his sister being Leia, and them taking on the emperor and defeating him and the empire.

All I know about that teaser is that it makes me so happy to see Lando in the Falcon's cockpit!

The assumption that this retcons anything is annoying...

True. We don't know what the meaning of the name is yet, or stuff in the teaser.

Plus, why should Kylo have been honest anyway?

335g78brf4s21.jpg

“Did you ever hear of The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?”

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

335g78brf4s21.jpg

“Did you ever hear of The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?”

McDiarmid was really the only good thing about the Prequels.

At least until they turned him into @#$%ing Donkey Kong during the Yoda fight

e2edn90988w21.jpg

uh3jy936z5w21.jpg

we_are_the_resistance_lgb_random_house_k

Y-Wing

7 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

we_are_the_resistance_lgb_random_house_k

Y-Wing

And also RZ-1 A-wings it looks like.

Kylo is a Skywalker. I am thinking that they will play him as the villain through the majority of the movie and then have him flip at the end in an out-of-nowhere redemption for a happy ending.

stupid double post

Edited by Marinealver
On 5/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

uh3jy936z5w21.jpg

Edited by Marinealver

8xe0bqk2mp231.jpg

Canon

D84TN2g.jpg

So the movie is getting reshoots? Heck, they helped Rogue one, or at least I enjoyed the final product.

One thing RLM probably doesn't know is the fact that SW has already gone into the time travel realm a bit in Rebels. I really could see JJ doing something like that. TLJ already ruined this trilogy so he's right in saying "**** it."

On 7/15/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jo Jo said:

So the movie is getting reshoots? Heck, they helped Rogue one, or at least I enjoyed the  fin  al pro  du  c  t

You do realize that nearly EVERY movie has reshoots.. sometimes they are drastic, sometimes they fix a scene that didn't flow well. Reshoots by themselves are not inherently bad.