The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Sorry again for the wait guys, I kept checking back here but for some reason I didn't get the notifications. I'll get a post up for Yoomnuff soon here! Also not sure what to do for duty yet but I'll let ya know ASAP

Ok all! To round the session out will be the comedown for the race, I intend to do some time skips here and there between races to represent everyday work at the garage etc unless I have planned something to show up. For stuff like this dice rolls will be semi-narrative, but you are still welcome to make them to direct the scenes and do on. Checks to service the bikes after the race is just an average mechanics, and you guys can choose how you spend the rest of your days. For this first race I intend to go into the rp sins of things a little more so if you choose to go out drinking/see family etc I will be doing that in more detail.

Bike Check : 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a--.png d-f.png d-th.png

I see my luck is consistent. :P

With the Heavy Hydrospanner, that brings it to 2 Advantage.

Mechanics : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Krydil will probably do his regular routine Shower, Eat breakfast, work at the shop, Eat lunch, work till closing, go to the gym hit the punching bag, do some exercise, Go home to whomever Zara brought in as her girlfriend of the week, Eat dinner, sleep repeat. If someone wants to make some money with him in some other way he can be convinced.

If no one wants to rp the after party, I can just make a post, or maybe roll a Cool check (seems appropriate for a party)? Perhaps she is noticed by a potential sponsor, or maybe she just gets blitzed and starts a fight?

Zara is not really the best public relations rep, but she wants to keep her face and the team in the spotlight.. and no press is bad press, right..? I still think her “Duty” is more aligned with simply “Winning,” but our fledgling team needs to be out there, seen, if we are to garner the attention of sponsors and nurture the adulation of fans.

I think Varik's Duty would probably be R&D.

Ya I'm fine glossing over the actual party too. Maybe have Yoomnuff roll coordination to whip out some sick dance moves at the party and make an impact that way?

Just now, rocketrobie2 said:

Ya I'm fine glossing over the actual party too. Maybe have Yoomnuff roll coordination to whip out some sick dance moves at the party and make an impact that way?

"Impact" he shall make. :D

I'll take R&D too makes sense for a Mechanic

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I'll take R&D too makes sense for a Mechanic

Maybe, but I set Varik's as R&D because he's also building a bike from scratch.

Not saying you can't or shouldn't go with it, just some additional information regarding my choice. There aren't a lot of good Duties for Engineer types, unless you were to want to pick something outside of your specialty, like Internal Security (protection against sabotage) or something like that. Since they're intended for a military organization, a lot doesn't apply.

12 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Maybe, but I set Varik's as R&D because he's also building a bike from scratch.

Not saying you can't or shouldn't go with it, just some additional information regarding my choice. There aren't a lot of good Duties for Engineer types, unless you were to want to pick something outside of your specialty, like Internal Security (protection against sabotage) or something like that. Since they're intended for a military organization, a lot doesn't apply.

i guess Personnel works in general for a reading team. But besides that most of these are very war heavy.

I'm happy with you guys making a custom duty if you feel it fits the mould better.

When you guys are ready feel free to make your ic posts, I'll sort responses etc as needed.

IC posts as to what we are doing in the downtime?

Yeah, I will probably have some follow up posts after to go into some things in more detail as well

Sorry for the delay, I will try have a post for you guys tomorrow/Monday.

Hey guys

I've been doing some thinking on this one, but after a lot of soul searching I think this is the right option. I am afraid that I am going to have to shelve this game for the foreseeable future. @Shlambate and @Edgehawk I am sorry to do this to you a second time in particular. With the lockdown and an increase in my workload because of it, I don't think I am going to have the time to run all of the games that I currently am. Unfortunately as this is the youngest game, it is going to have to be this one I have to cut. I honestly don't know if and when I will be able to bring it back, I would like to be able to, but I just don't know if that'll be possible. I'm really sorry to do this, and I want you guys to know I have had a lot of fun running the race for you. @rocketrobie2 and @P-47 Thunderbolt , you are both more than welcome to join the other two games I am running, you're both a lot of fun to play with and would be very welcome either as jedi or clone troopers in the other settings. I hope you all understand, and sorry again.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Hey guys

I've been doing some thinking on this one, but after a lot of soul searching I think this is the right option. I am afraid that I am going to have to shelve this game for the foreseeable future. @Shlambate and @Edgehawk I am sorry to do this to you a second time in particular. With the lockdown and an increase in my workload because of it, I don't think I am going to have the time to run all of the games that I currently am. Unfortunately as this is the youngest game, it is going to have to be this one I have to cut. I honestly don't know if and when I will be able to bring it back, I would like to be able to, but I just don't know if that'll be possible. I'm really sorry to do this, and I want you guys to know I have had a lot of fun running the race for you. @rocketrobie2 and @P-47 Thunderbolt , you are both more than welcome to join the other two games I am running, you're both a lot of fun to play with and would be very welcome either as jedi or clone troopers in the other settings. I hope you all understand, and sorry again.

Ooo... Clone troopers. I'll take a look at the threads when I get a chance and get back to you via PM.
Honestly, I should probably play a Jedi but Jedi and the Force just don't interest me all that much. I'll see if inspiration hits when I read the threads.

I'm sorry to see this game go. Thank you for running it! It was fun while it lasted.

Dam there goes another one.

Edited by Shlambate

Yeah, really sorry to do it. On the plus side I can confirm the other two games aren't going anywhere. @P-47 Thunderbolt , no problem, just let me know if/when something take your interest.

Sorry to see this game shelved, but life happens. My participation in all games will be slow, sporadic, or nonexistent, this week.

@Edgehawk , no worries, thanks for keeping me up to date.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Hey guys

Hate to see it go but love to watch it leave. I hear ya man, my workload's been steadily increasing with classes so I understand. I'd love to join one of the other games so I'll give them a look over before making a character and letting ya know which one I'd like to join.

Thanks again by the way for the fun, I really loved playing Yoomnuff and RPing with the team.