What's this? A new pbp?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

IMG_20170407_063812.jpg.90bb0f8fc8680ce1

Vik Verno

Enforcer

One day imperial scouts found native life on a plane being surveyed for a development project.

The young officer in charge was frequently away from his wife and child so he decided to bring a young one back as a pet. They were almost like animated stuffed animals, a perfect birthday gift.

One day a young and curious cub was bobbing up and down on the back of his mom. He was so young and this was only the second time he has been out while his family gathered food from the far Forest.

Starmen in white shells appeared suddenly riding screaming beasts that flew close to the ground. It was terrifying. Bolts of fire killed those around him. He screamed as they shoved him in a sack. It was his last and eventually only memory of his past before he meet the Galaxy.

He grew up as a pet to a spoiled brat. Her "love" of him grew thin as she moved on to new novelties. He killed the family and escaped.

He has no real understanding of where or what he is. Often laughed at as a midget wookiee. He fought his way up in the outer rim to security and later a cop. Till he was betrayed by his partner. Framed for a crime he didn't commit, he did time and lost everything. His wife married his old boss and the house was sold off.

Fresh out of jail, no history, no real present and dim future prospects, he starts again at the bottom of the pile. Vicious Vic is bout to climb back up.

Edited by TheShard

Here's my character, Lei Mie Ennithyme 😈 😁

@Shlambate , @kaosoe and @player3333902 , just need your sheets when you have time, no massive rush just yet, I did ask for them by next week so I won't be pushing till then. :)

@player3333902 , co-pilot would be a handy one, especially in racing air or land speeders (sort of like the map reader in a rally event). A co-pilot check can reduce the difficulty of checks for pilots which I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate. Don't feel like you have to be forced into that role though, still plenty of other options if you want.

I can assure you that now I know of it, swoop duelling will be a thing.

Having read over @TheShard 's proposal, I don't have a problem with them using an ewok in this particular setting. They could probably pass themselves as a drall to the uneducated if they so chose. @TheShard , when you're ready you can throw a sheet up on swsheets and get stuck in. :)

The exact year will be 17bby.

@vandarl , both characters seem good, you can always keep one in reserve if you want in case anything happens.

Nice! XD I’ll make my char a copilot then. Not not sure which soecs thiugh, I’ll look through it some more

Excellent, in that case I will go with the charming Zh'on Xolday and provide some charm and wit to compliment our dower little ewok unless The Shard thinks it will be a problem.

11 hours ago, Jawa4thewin said:

Aggregated character concepts so far...

Pilot Types:

@Edgehawk

@Tramp Graphics

Tech Types

@Jonas Shaaf

@Shlambate

Manager Types

@TheShard

Other:

Street Doc: Me

Multi options

@vandarl Manager or Tech

We are lacking security it seems? Who wants to punch stuff?

Also am I missing anyone in the above list?

Mechanic punches stuff not well but he can

7 hours ago, TheShard said:

Vik Verno

Enforcer

That is one Pimpin' Ewok!

10 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Mechanic punches stuff not well but he can 

My guy can fly too.

@Rabobankrider Let's talk about vehicles. You can buy a best-in-galaxy sloop for like 20k give or take [1]. For a bunch of beginners to have one of those is like having a high schooler drag racing in a Lotus. I mean, that happens if the parents have enough cash, but I'm not sure we want that in our RP.

[1] It'll be the best thing you can get in the entire galaxy that isn't modded by someone with the "add extra stuff" specialization talents...

That's a tooth from a fight he engaged in.

Yeah they are more of a generic category with the peep primary focus. Sorry if it insinuated it was all peeps can do!

You all rock! Well almost all of you....

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

That's a tooth from     a fight he eng  aged in. 

Is it a gold tooth:P

Should I use driver or pilot as a spec for a co-pilot? XD

4 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Should I use driver or pilot as a spec for a co-pilot? XD

For a co-pilot you don't need to have that specialized of career. All you really need is some piloting skill, some perception for plotting a course or scanning other racers, and some computers for jamming or slicing opposing racer systems.

Alot of specs have access to those skills so you can also fill another roll like muscle or whatever you'd like. You can take driver or pilot if you want too!

Edited by Jawa4thewin
9 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

@Rabobankrider Let's talk about vehicles. You can buy a best-in-galaxy sloop for like 20k give or take [1]. For a bunch of beginners to have one of those is like having a high schooler drag racing in a Lotus. I mean, that happens if the parents have enough cash, but I'm not sure we want that in our RP.

[1] It'll be the best thing you can get in the entire galaxy that isn't modded by someone with the "add extra stuff" specialization talents...

Agreed. Maybe having a home base out of the colonist book for a garage and a beater vehicle or two?

Driver would be a great spec for piloting or copiloting- almost chose it myself. For something different, it's also in the Explorer career, if that's up your alley?

With 120k to work with, I'll take the best swoops we can get, but accept whatever limitations are placed on available selection.

And we do need a garage, of course.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Driver would be a great spec for piloting or copiloting- almost chose it myself. For something different, it's also in the Explorer career, if that's up your alley?

With 120k to work with, I'll take the best swoops we can get, but accept whatever limitations are placed on available selection.

And we do need a garage, of course.

What’s the diff between the explorer driver and the ace driver?

1 hour ago, Jawa4thewin said:

For a co-pilot you don't need to have that specialized of career. All you really need is some piloting skill, some perception for plotting a course or scanning other racers, and some computers for jamming or slicing opposing racer systems.

Alot of specs have access to those skills so you can also fill another roll like muscle or whatever you'd like. You can take driver or pilot if you want too!

I c, thanks! Not sure which spec has all those 3 tgt XD

Ok, so I looked through the specs, and I think Explorer driver sounds the best as it provides the most career skills. I think I’ll make my char a Chiss or some obscure race or a corellian human who planned on travelling the world but fell in love with racing. Sadly, I don’t have any combat skills, so I’ll mainly be useful in races more than combat XD

With a pilot's agility and a destiny point, you too can be an action hero, when the situation warrants!

I will politely bow out of this one. I love the uniqueness of the premise, but it's not something that I am interested in at the moment.

Good luck and have fun, everyone.

*bows*

@kaosoe , fair enough, best wishes!

@player3333902 , if you're struggling for a specific spec, I find this provides a pretty good summary of the different options: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game . Fringer and commodore can be pretty handy, but a pilot spec can work just as well for a co-pilot.

Also @Jonas Shaaf , the reason you guys have 120,000 is because I was working on the assumption that you'd have multiple speeders/swoops etc due to you having established lives on the world. You could effectively split it 8,000 each if you so chose to. I don't want to actively limit your options regarding vehicles, if someone wants to play a rich kid I don't want to stop them, but living near the north-east, that vehicle isn't going to go unnoticed by the unsavoury types. I'd say when choosing vehicles have maybe a small amount focused for racing specs (maybe a couple of speeder bikes/swoops and perhaps an air or landspeeder), and the rest would serve simpler functions like transport, carrying gear and so on. In professional rally races you don't use your subaru Impreza to get to the event etc. Everyone I've played with before are good rp'ers so I have faith in you all to spend your credits responsibly on this and to work together so everyone is happy. In case I didn't mention it, what vehicle money isn't spend will not be kept, this is just to help you guys establish your resources regarding vehicles.

I completely forgot there is the operator spec too XD will look at that to see how it is

Ok, I think I’ll take the operator spec XD there are several talents which can come in handy. I can be a pilot, a gunner and a co-pilot all mixed in one, plus I have the shortcut talent, which I think will be v useful esp in races