What's this? A new pbp?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

1 hour ago, player3333902 said:

Have ur heard of swoop dueling? Would we be doing that kind of racing or just normal racing?                  

And  does anyone wish to be a pilot? I can be the co-pilot. If not I’ll be a pilot. 

I had not heard of

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Swoopdueling ... but Yes, Please!

I think both myself and @Tramp Graphics intend to enter the lists, though others are certainly welcome. Pilot, copilot, or other support.. pretty much depends what you want to play. I believe we're all starting with small personal craft, though, so the copilot role may not be immediately necessary.

How about a name for our racing team/ swoop gang/ whatever we are?

Kinda like "The Bloodstripes" but probably not a good idea unless we have a decorated vet in the group.

"The Furies" maybe? Let's hear your ideas!

What era?

OK, here is what I have so far, a Drall artisan with parasteel and repulser vanes! http://swsheets.com/c/b6rgssbve-zam-tuain

Not totally finished with the background Etc, but close enough for public viewing. :) Also still working on the option for the team manager/shop manager if needed. So many fun concepts!

Edited by vandarl

Are we doing regular char gen?

47 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Are we doing regular char gen?

Yes. Standard starting XP.

Not certain of era.

Regular character creation, and the era is the early days of the empire when pod racing was made illegal, leading to the new era of swoop and speeder racing.

11 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

And  does anyone wish to be a pilot? I can be the co-pilot. If not I’ll be a pilot. 

There's two kinds of pilots, ones who get really good at the piloting, and ones who hot-rod the **** out of their vehicles. and win that way. It looks like @vandarl and I both opted for category 2 :)

That fits really well with the "garage" theme...

6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

How about a name for our racing team/ swoop gang/ whatever we are?

Kinda like "The Bloodstripes" but probably not a good idea unless we have a decorated vet in the group.

"The Furies" maybe? Let's hear your ideas! 

Here are some:

Blaster Masters

Speed Demons

Thunder & Lightning

Red Shift

15 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

I've got a Rigger statted up... Working on backstory...

http://swsheets.com/c/mdp0ylfqz-cormil-braeswik 

Proposed backstory:

A whiz with all things mechanical from a young age, Cormil got a job working in a droid repair shop by the time he turned 11. It was there he encountered his first swoop racers --- a pair of Duro hotshots who needed their droid fixed. Entranced by their stories of races won and lost, Cormil started assembling his own swoop with whatever custom parts he could get his hands on to give him and edge.. He was going to be a racer too. And win.

2 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Here are some:

Blaster Masters

Speed Demons

Thunder & Lightning

Red Shift

The Crimson Scorpions!

How well is the group going to know each other to start?

11 minutes ago, Jawa4thewin said:

How well is the group going to know each other to start?

The GM has requested that we begin as a newly formed team, or at least as acquaintances, to speed introductions and get the game going. I expect the garage will tie us together, maybe @Shlambate 's PC bringing us together?

I have sent my character and background in and am ready to start!

@Rabobankrider can those that are done with char gen and ready to go get a place to start RP? Maybe our garage or swoop racer hangout?

Edited by Jawa4thewin

I will set up the ic and ooc threads tomorrow after work (or before if I wake up early).

Wretched Hive, Mod Squad, Fractal Varactyls...

Hmmm, of the team names so far I like The Furies followed by Red Shift. Ones I had thought of was Tidal Waves or The Rocketters. Could even go with Anson's Rockets, sponsored by Pau Anson of Anson's Garage! Home of all your wrench turning needs. If you need it fast and loud, Anson's got what you need!

Edited by vandarl

OK, I have the crunch for done on what could be an interesting garage/team manager. As before still working on the backstory to get it where I want.

http://swsheets.com/c/atpseywzx-zh-on-xolday

I can go that direction instead of the techy if needed since we seem to have a couple of others interested in that side.

Crotch Rocketeers? Too crass?

Aggregated character concepts so far...

Pilot Types:

@Edgehawk

@Tramp Graphics

Tech Types

@Jonas Shaaf

@Shlambate

Manager Types

@TheShard

Other:

Street Doc: Me

Multi options

@vandarl Manager or Tech

We are lacking security it seems? Who wants to punch stuff?

Also am I missing anyone in the above list?

Edited by Jawa4thewin
clarity

Hmmm, I somehow missed that Shard was interested in the manager role, for some reason I thought it was more muscle. Thanks for listing them out O Short yet Pungent one, it helps seeing what people are looking at., it helps. As seen I don't mind considering different roles so as to avoid stepping on others time in the spotlight, I can see what I come up with for a bruiser. :)

Edited by vandarl
1 hour ago, vandarl said:

Hmmm, I somehow missed that Shard was interested in the manager role, for some reason I thought it was more muscle. Thanks for listing them out O Short yet Pungent one, it helps seeing what people are looking at., it helps. As seen I don't mind considering different roles so as to avoid stepping on others time in the spotlight, I can see what I come up with for a bruiser. :)

Yeah Shard did say something about an Ewok enforcer but I am REALLY hoping that is a joke. Ewoks I don't think have had much if at all chance to travel the galaxy at this point other than maybe as something stuck in a zoo by imperials for funsies

31 minutes ago, Jawa4thewin said:

Yeah Shard did say something about an Ewok enforcer but I am REALLY hoping that is a joke. Ewoks I don't think have had much if at all chance to travel the galaxy at this point other than maybe as something stuck in a zoo by imperials for funsies

If you'd encountered Shard's ewok enforcer, you would not talk about him like that.

Seriously, though- I see no reason to piss on anyone else's character concept.

22 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Regular character creation, and the era is the early days of the empire when pod racing was made illegal, leading to the new era of swoop and speeder racing.

How early are we talking about? It'll affect my character's age and background. As it stands I have her age 21 and being born during the Clone Wars.

33 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

If you'd encountered Shard's ewok enforcer, you would not talk about him like that.

Seriously, though- I see no reason to piss on anyone else's character concept.

Not pissing on anything just giving an honest personal take on the choice. I personally like cool character concepts with deep backstories with lots of RP possibilities. I have played in and run games with shallow and absurd character concepts that have affected the entire game. I am not saying that that is what Shard's concept is but given the information provided, race and career specialty, that does fall in the cartoony unrealistic character concepts that have caused issues in games I have seen. A member of an extremely primitive race from a primitive planet with no spacefaring capability who are small an unimposing becoming getting any traction in the underworld as an enforcer is not impossible but seems very far fetched and silly IMO.

All that being said it is the GMs game and whatever he wants to run as far as theme and tone is up to him.