What's this? A new pbp?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

10 minutes ago, TheShard said:

I'm good with either.

He means Racing of course!

Really a pretty tough choice. The racing option is a bit different and rare as hens teeth. That said every time I get close to 'jediing it up' something happens to doom the game before it starts.

If forced to choose, the racing option is just ever so slightly the winner. Truly though, either will make me totally happy.

Ok, anticipating that @Shlambate goes with the Rave Circuit (it was their first and only choice), @TheShard does have the casting vote here.

It's worth mentioning that if you don't get your first choice, there is likely to be elements of it present in the other game. Jedi survivors may not be racers, but you can bet there'll be plenty of chases to be had.

In the same way, a force sensitive racer or mechanic although rare is not impossible (it would be limited in the level of force proficiency it can reach though).

Now is the time for bribes folks...

11 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Now is the time for bribes folks...

I shall give you 10 of my starting XP!

We have 10 from the short guy in the robe... Do i hear 15?

Edited by TheShard

2,000,000 xp for SPEED RACER

How about both?

How about a group of nar do well biker gang racers gets mixed up with fleeing Padawans?

Perhaps old ben and Luke meet Han moment?

Edited by TheShard

Can we we start at Knight level?

I'm thinking gunslinger\hotshot?

Or gunslinger\performer

Either way I think I'll be the outsider.

If we go racing I wanna be the ******* manager. Ewok enforcer?

If we do forcies I'm gonna be the muggle minder

Would people he willing to do the pbp on discord? The app is free and there is a dice bot to roll right in the channel. It also notifies you when people message. It's super easy and I think we'll have a higher posting rate if we do.

I have a Discord and would be fine with it.

I am cool with discord but would prefer a standard start. If we were knight level in the padwan one we'd be order 66'd. As for racer I think being that experienced we'd already be bad *** in the circuit. I prefer roleplaying the up and comers

So as there is a tie, there seems to be more active enthusiasm for it and @TheShard seems happy with both, I am going to declare the Race Circuit the winner (yaaay)! Sorry to those who wanted Order 66, but I hope you choose to stay with us. As a consolation, if a one of you (or at a push 2, I'll need a good ic justification though) can take force sensitive emergent or jedi exile for a universal spec to your character.

The next stage here is to sort characters and setting. I don't think for this I will be starting you of at knight level (rags to riches feels more appealing in this situation). The setting will start on Corellia but this will take you all over the galaxy in races. I am also going to ask that at least 1 character be the 'link' to bring the others together as a group so the intro isn't too drawn out. If you all want to already be in a team that's fine, it will be very early days ic though.

Something to ask yourselves is what kind of racing you want to start with. The basic options are:

• Swoops/landspeeders
  • Airspeeders
  • Starships

You will get a chance to do all as your garage grows, but you need a starting point. I recommend tying it to backstory, as this will effect your starting vehicles.

If you guys want to coordinate your character concepts and start to put some ideas together that'd be great. As you all live on Corellia you'd all have access to a home of some kind (dependent on backstory in terms of size etc), but starting gear will be the usual rules using obligation. Household items that are mostly for flavour (food, changes of clothes etc) won't count in this. This is using EotE rules, so it will be using obligation for characters.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! As I said, duplicates are fine, as you may need more than one pilot etc, multiple mechanics and a few bits of security.

In terms of discord I'd rather use here just in case not everyone has the app.

Edited by Rabobankrider

I vote Swoops. Start small and go from there.

As for character concepts I have no desire to play a force sensitive. I like the idea of a "support" type character. Maybe a street doctor?

Edit: If we need another pilot type I could weave some pilot planetary into the doc. Maybe he is a racing fan but not great at it himself so that is how he gets into a team.

Edited by Jawa4thewin
6 hours ago, TheShard said:

Would people he willing to do the pbp on discord? The app is free and there is a dice bot to roll right in the channel. It also notifies you when people message. It's super easy and I think we'll have a higher posting rate if we do.

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I have a Discord and would be fine with it.

I prefer things stay here.

Airspeeders or Star Ships

Speed Racers dad built a car not a bike

6 hours ago, TheShard said:

I am fine with discord. Whatever works for the most people is fine with me. :)

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Something to ask yourselves is what kind of racing you want to start with. The basic options are:

• Swoops/landspeeders
  • Airspeeders
  • Starships

You will get a chance to do all as your garage grows, but you need a starting point. I recommend tying it to backstory, as this will effect your starting vehicles.

Hmm, starships has the chance to be very interesting and zit to differing planets more immediately, but the initial cost factor makes that a bit harder to justify. If we are starting small/new then swoops/landspeeders/airspeeders makes more sense to me. That allows for building up and growing the 'sport'. Not going to complain over any of the options really.

In terms of vehicles, I think I'm going to say you guys have the standard cost of 120,000 credits to spend on vehicles. As residents of Corellia you'd all have needed ways to get around the planet, so it stands to reason you'd have a decent variety of vehicles to start.

If we aim for preliminary character sheets to be done by next week that'd be ideal. :)

If I play, I'd like to do a Sentinel/Racer .

Who are our drivers? We have had someone who wants to be a manager, someone who wants to be an ewok enforcer (I hope they are kidding!)

I am interested in a street doc. Some healing, some underworldness.

Who is Dom and Brian?!?!

images (2).jpeg

Ninja'd

Edited by Jawa4thewin
Ninja

@Tramp Graphics , unfortunately this is not a force-focused campaign. Because no one is a trained force user (or on who hasn't trained in a very long time), the force sensitive and force sensitive emergent represent that best. For that reason they are the force specs currently available.

In terms of roles, they are really up to the players, but my very basic recommendations are:

• Pilots
  • Co-pilots
  • Mechanics
  • Manager/promoter
  • Security
  • Maybe someone to deal with the shadier sides of racing.