What's this? A new pbp?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

43 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , unfortunately this is not a force-focused campaign. Because no one is a trained force user (or on who hasn't trained in a very long time), the force sensitive and force sensitive emergent represent that best. For that reason they are the force specs currently available.

In terms of roles, they are really up to the players, but my very basic recommendations are:

• Pilots
  • Co-pilots
  • Mechanics
  • Manager/promoter
  • Security
  • Maybe someone to deal with the shadier sides of racing.

I'd like to be the race doc/shady side dealer.

If there is going to be a forcie in the group, it would be a shame to not have a Racer in this particular campaign? As Force specs go, it is pretty light on Force talents, all out of reach with starting XP. If it is a matter of PC balance, I'd be fine with making an exception for this one spec.

Requiring a 30 XP expenditure (as an ooc 3rd spec, after fse) just to pick up the spec, chargen might be our only realistic shot at having a Racer in the party. Maybe just restrict Force powers?

And of course.. I'm just playing devil's advocate. @Rabobankrider Your decision will be respected.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

In terms of vehicles, I think I'm going to say you guys have the standard cost of 120,000 credits to spend on vehicles. As residents of Corellia you'd all have needed ways to get around the planet, so it stands to reason you'd have a decent variety of vehicles to start.

If we aim for preliminary character sheets to be done by next week that'd be ideal. :)

How much extra obligation can we take?

Hmmm. Pilot/co-pilot sounds like a fun position. I alws wanted to try my hand at being a pilot in star wars XD i rmb the old pod racing arcade game. It was pretty fun XD

1) I'd rather start w/ swoops or speeders.

2) 120k of credits is a little out of proportion to "no earned XP" Given how slow XP gets earned in pbp, I'd suggest throwing 50 or so earned XP for everyone during character creation. That a least lets people get some stuff from their tree.

3) I'd like to go for a Pilot / Mechanic hybrid (with an emphasis on computer security).

I'd like to avoid Discord.... not interested in push notifications.

Edited by Jonas Shaaf
clarity
44 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

2) 120k of credits is a little out of proportion to "no earned XP" Given how slow XP gets earned in pbp, I'd suggest throwing 50 or so earned XP for everyone during character creation. That a least lets people get some stuff from their tree.

I think the 120k is specifically for vehicles which reflects the starship PCs normally start with in EotE games.

You can get plenty of stuff in your tree if you don't dump all the XP into stats :)

If we're doing swoops, or some other individual vehicles.. I'm bringing a contender! Sort of, at least. Thinking Operator for All-terrain and offensive driving. I'd also have piloting space and astrogation, if we make it off-world. Could assist in a security role.

Edited by Edgehawk

Hmm.. With offensive driving.. not much defense going on with smaller planetary vehicles..

I have virtually no experience with crafting or mods. Anyone in the group looking at Rigger or Modder as a possibility?

Also, @Shlambate - were you looking at Shipwright?

@Rabobankrider Can starting ship credits be used for mods?

Edited by Edgehawk

Mechanic then shipwright. But yes.

You can turn off push notifications. You have total control. Plus we can have multiple channels for character sheets, archiving, npc, pictures etc.

There's really is no reason not to be on discord for this unless you for some reason absolutely cannot install the app. Though it's desktop app and Mobile so that would be a hard sell.

The integrated dice bot, strain\wound and iniative tracker is alone worth it.

Having to roll on a completely different site and copy and paste results to the forum and still check a 3rd site for character your sheet is get very cumbersome. When I have a busy week it's often the difference between posting or not.

Edited by TheShard

Ok, so having considered @Edgehawk 's point, I think that I will allow the racer spec to be used in this setting. However I will be limiting the force power that are available to the ones found in the EotE core book (these are sense, influence and move).

@Jawa4thewin , you can take +10 if you want as per the regular rules, but bear in mind it does mean your past is more likely to catch up with you (whatever tat is).

@Jonas Shaaf , I think I will be sticking with regular starting xp for this campaign to represent you guys being very much beginners in this. 120,000 credits will get you guys a few mid level swoops and/or speeders, so it seems like a fair amount of credits to me there.

As the general consensus is that you guys want to start with swoops and/or speeders, I think we're going to go with that. That should help narrow down backstory ideas for you guys. Perhaps you're swoop gangers looking to go legit? Or simple speed freaks looking to make a name for yourselves. Like I say, the only prerequisite is that there is something to link you all together in the game early on.

@Edgehawk , the credits can be used on attachments if you want, but the mods to them will have to come later.

@TheShard , I think we're going to keep things on here instead of discord. It's not a rapid post campaign this, once a week is perfectly fine.

I am going to ask however that if you guys are joining the campaign, that you do make a commitment to it. I have had a large number of players dropping in and out of campaigns in the past, and it is pretty frustrating and disruptive to the game. I get that real life happens, but if you need to be away for a while please let me know so I can take it into account.

3 hours ago, TheShard said:

You can turn off push notifications. You have total control. Plus we can have multiple channels for character sheets, archiving, npc, pictures etc.

There's really is no reason not to be on discord for this unless you for some reason absolutely cannot install the app. Though it's desktop app and Mobile so that would be a hard sell.

The integrated dice bot, strain\wound and iniative tracker is alone worth it.

Having to roll on a completely different site and copy and paste results to the forum and still check a 3rd site for character your sheet is get very cumbersome. When I have a busy week it's often the difference between posting or not.

I primarily use the public library computers for internet access, as well as public WiFi when I can. So Discord is completely out of the question for me.

48 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, so having considered @Edgehawk 's point, I think that I will allow the racer spec to be used in this setting. However I will be limiting the force power that are available to the ones found in the EotE core book (these are sense, influence  and move).    

Thanks for reconsidering! All yours @Tramp Graphics !

49 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk

@Edgehawk the credits can  be  used on attachments if you want, but the mods to them will have to come later.

I actually meant attachments. That's how clueless I am about mods. I can't seem to distinguish them from attachments.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Or  simple speed freaks looking to make a name for yourselv   e

I like that. Maybe one of us owns a garage (inherited?) And the others work on their swoops there?

Perfectly Viable option

I like the speed freeks wanting to hit the big time, perhaps with a sprinkling of swoop gang for spice.

As far as characters go I am pretty flexible, though I do have an idea for a fun little Gossam Scientist/Gambler as a techie. Perhaps he and Shlambate can be the driving force behind an up and coming new garage?

That said if you feel it is stepping on your concept Shlambate . you called it first and I can go a different direction. After all we need a Richard Rawlings to face for Aaron Kaufman. LoL

Hey @Rabobankrider , what species are you allowing? Can we use any from the USM, or only ones from the official sourcebooks?

@Tramp Graphics , any species within reason. Basically if common sense is used I shouldn't have to change anyone's choice (eg. no ancient sith at the helm of the ship). If you're not sure, check with me in advance.

7 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , any species within reason. Basically if common sense is used I shouldn't have to change anyone's choice (eg. no ancient sith at the helm of the ship). If you're not sure, check with me in advance.

That works.

-

Edited by Rabobankrider

Thus spake Zara Thustra? :P

If we were going Order 66, I would have gone Barabel. For this I’m thinking either Mando or Zeltron, maybe something else.

I’ll try to finish my char asap, got college starting in 2 wks, so not sure if I’ll be able to join. Have ur heard of swoop dueling? Would we be doing that kind of racing or just normal racing?

And does anyone wish to be a pilot? I can be the co-pilot. If not I’ll be a pilot.

Edited by player3333902