Clan Pack Spoilers - Crab and Dragon

By Tonbo Karasu, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

9 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

There is absolutely no proof of this. You are making multiple assumptions based on the last story. Even the idea that Togashi is still alive somehow in this continuity is only due to what we know about AEG's run.

If we make all of our assumptions that way, then Bayushi Dairu is the son of Bayushi Kachiko and Doji Hotaru

From The Rising Wave (the first Dragon fiction:

"The boy Sō had been an acolyte at Fukurokujin Seidō, a foundling left there by unknown parents, when the clan champion had found him. Now, Sō had become Togashi Mitsu, heir to the Dragon."

1 minute ago, DarkHorse said:

From The Rising Wave (the first Dragon fiction:

"The boy Sō had been an acolyte at Fukurokujin Seidō, a foundling left there by unknown parents, when the clan champion had found him. Now, Sō had become Togashi Mitsu, heir to the Dragon."

Yep. He's the heir. Like Yakamo is the heir to the Crab. That says nothing about being a vessel for the soul of Togashi.

3 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Yep. He's the heir. Like Yakamo is the heir to the Crab. That says nothing about being a vessel for the soul of Togashi.

Reread The Rising Wave then. FFG is clearly nodding and winking at us in that story. All the Dragon champions have hidden their face, wear the same armour, have the same habits and the same personality. Funny that, I wonder why that would be...

Now Mitsu is the ordained heir to the Dragon yet he wears no armour, shows his face and speaks in a straight forward manner. He does share the Champion's habit of living in a remote area - until he doesn't. If he does succeed Yokuni in the mysterious way all his predecessors have, yeah, Mitsu is going to be the first Dragon champion in 1000+ years to be radically different...

A bunch of the nods and winks they've given us haven't paid off. Until further evidence, I treat those sort of things as in jokes and easter eggs.

9 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

A bunch of the nods and winks they've given us haven't paid off. Until further evidence, I treat those sort of things as in jokes and easter eggs.

Where as I do not see any reason to not think that history is repeating itself. FFG people have said to assume that things are the same as they were last time until it is confirmed that they are different or impossible with newly established lore. Nothing yet has contradicted or eliminated Mitsu being a tamashii and has only supported it so it is the safer assumption that he is until FFG clearly state that he is not.

We shall agree to disagree.

Edited by DarkHorse
2 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Where as I do not see any reason to not think that history is repeating itself. FFG people have said to assume that things are the same as they were last time until it is confirmed that they are different or impossible with newly established lore. Nothing yet has contradicted or eliminated Mitsu being a tamashii and has only supported it so it is the safer assumption that he is until FFG clearly state that he is not.

We shall agree to disagree.

The RPG opening fiction calls out "Togashi challenged Fu Leng to a duel, with the weapon being the people of Rokugan" backstory, which is basically essential to the reveal that Yokuni was Togashi the entire time.

I am with you in theories on story. Some of the story beats of the old canon works. Some don't. The ones that don't, I expect will change. But the Togashi Yokuni being Togashi? It was a story beat that did work. So, there is no reason to believe that it would change. Sure, they CAN change it. But Shoju still wound up on the Throne.

And at the same time.. Hoshi is the known son of Togashi by a few of the Togashi Order, and took to his Half-dragon form in the temple.. While Togashi himself would be hiding in mortal form until something required him to actually break things. It would show that the main reason why the difference between mythic and creature and the other lacks is because the other isn't willing to attain that form yet.

Is there a fiction in the LCG that confirms that Yokuni is the original Togashi Kami? If so, I missed it.

I though all we had so far was that Yokuni, as all the Dragon Clan Champions before him, is a weird dude that has prophetic visions.

10 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Is there a fiction in the LCG that confirms that Yokuni is the original Togashi Kami? If so, I missed it.

I though all we had so far was that Yokuni, as all the Dragon Clan Champions before him, is a weird dude that has prophetic visions.

There is nothing that either confirms or denies that Yokuni isn't the Kami Tagashi therefore until we have proof confirming otherwise, as with all old lore, it is safe to assume the status quo continues.

Hate this Schrödinger cannon, all its different and the same till the book/tale say a thing. Please FFG we need way of the ... books

There's a sneaky corner of a Crab card I don't recognise in the News today. It's a 1-cost Armour attachment called ...ed Plate. I reckon it's probably from the Crab Clan set.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

There's a sneaky corner of a Crab card I don't recognise in the News today. It's a 1-cost Armour attachment called ...ed Plate. I reckon it's probably from the Crab Clan set.

you probably also saw the ...mples advisor card next to it as well lol

I have updated the first post with the spoilers from the livestream, as well as a couple of guesses.

The Crab conflict character in Seekers of Wisdom kind of confirms my theory about conflict characters, and there is a space in the right place to have the Phoenix one I predicted for Defenders of Rokugan.

It seems likely that the Crab armour and the Neutral attachment that were partially leaked in the draft announcement belong in these two packs. There's only one place for a Crab attachment, and just 2 to choose from for the Neutral one. I can't figure out what the title of the armour is going to be, but am relatively sure that the emples Advisor will end up being a Four Temples Advisor.

Other than that, all the different card types and factions just fit in perfectly.

And of course, about 2 hours later, most of the other Crab cards in the Crab pack are spoiled...

They did fit in, though :)

Only short of a 2 or 3 cost non-unique and the 6-coster now. I wonder what the 6-coster will be? A Crab army, but it needs to be more military than Kisada to make that worthwhile. Maybe a war machine of some sort?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:49 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

I wonder what the 6-coster will be? A Crab army, but it needs to be more military than Kisada to make that worthwhile. Maybe a war machine of some sort?

Please be an Oni, oh please please please

1 hour ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Please be an Oni, oh please please please

You know there's 2 more neutral cards to be spoiled with the Shadowlands trait?

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

You know there's 2 more neutral cards to be spoiled with the Shadowlands trait?

The more taint the better ;)

also...……….ew

Seriously though I'm cool with the slow roll of Shadowlands cards. I don't mind a deeper dive into the clan wars. It's the perfect opportunity for Fu Leng to lend his gift to those that are desperate to "win at all costs."

A little shinobi came and told me all about the Dragon pack, so I'm about to update the first post. (Nice to see that the Four Temples Advisor was right :) , although I thought it would be a Monk attachment rather than a Brotherhood one.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

A little shinobi came and told me all about the Dragon pack, so I'm about to update the first post. (Nice to see that the Four Temples Advisor was right :) , although I thought it would be a Monk attachment rather than a Brotherhood one.

I would not say "little" shinobi hehehe

image.png.5bdea90b6b8dfe4307f5739a0babbe7b.png

The # of these two seem switched:

12KoW 8 Monastery Protector Dragon Dynasty Character Monk. Tattooed. 4
12KoW 9 Mirumoto Masashige Y Dragon Dynasty Character Bushi. Daimyo. Duellist. 4
6 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

The # of these two seem switched:

12KoW 8 Monastery Protector Dragon Dynasty Character Monk. Tattooed. 4
12KoW 9 Mirumoto Masashige Y Dragon Dynasty Character Bushi. Daimyo. Duellist. 4

Unique characters have always come after non-uniques in the #-order, though.

See *Utaku Yumino (Core #118), who comes after Warrior Poet (Core #117), both 3-cost Unicorns, or *Hida Tomonatsu (Core #34), who comes after Vengeful Berserker (Core #33), both 3-cost Crab.

2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Alas, no Oni. Just a Dark Moto...

Probably better to diversify the Shadowlands portfolio so people feel more comfortable about buying stock in the Fu Leng Corp.

Can we all just take a moment to admire the glorious stash here.

74376326_1749155058551174_5252645866572873728_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkMXqqd29cXrmhQPB_k25UKjlnVT3mt2dfPIq620lSQxp8lGrnhZFJ0hGO9fwsngjw&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=caff4cdc8ad41070974dd854da1e2205&oe=5E61B523

This is my new Lion spirit animal and and one of my favorite clan war era characters who I'm glad to see back in more then just lore mentions.