Mafia Game VI (Day 7 - game ends)

By Lord Preyer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

19 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Thats not fair, the Kylo/Rey vs Imperial Guard scene is pretty good.

The dude is killed by a lightsaber in his peripheral vision ffs... the dude could see it spinning on a chair + has the force to predict things like the future and blaster bolts yet dies to that... poor scriptwriting

There is good scenes I don't deny, but good scenes do not make a good film

So far, this new format is really confusing...#WAluddite

Just now, Rewen007 said:

So far, this new format is really confusing...#WAluddite

Agreed. Also finding it challenging to follow along while working/on my phone rather than sitting at my laptop. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Also, I think Marcus added these additional players just because he was being so strongly outvoted on TFA and TLJ earlier.

Ok so as for my sins I haven’t seen TLJ I’ll come back to the game, it’s role madness so anything goes I assume but perhaps we can intuit order of magnitude of non town threat. We’re 14 players so in a more vanilla game I assume we’d probably be 4 mafia 1 3rd party or thereabouts?

Any role madness suggestions from more experienced players?

39 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

My name is not Julie. Where on earth did you get that?

I'm trying to figure out where "Tarquin" came from haha

Also my Name is on my profile if you ever want to know it lol

2 minutes ago, Paulcrawford said:

Ok so as for my sins I haven’t seen TLJ I’ll come back to the game, it’s role madness so anything goes I assume but perhaps we can intuit order of magnitude of non town threat. We’re 14 players so in a more vanilla game I assume we’d probably be 4 mafia 1 3rd party or thereabouts?

Lynch the bad guys!

17 minutes ago, Paulcrawford said:

Agreed...general role madness suggestions or insights from experienced players would be helpful!

Gentle reminder to all players who haven’t yet to please ##roleconfirm. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Princess Leia Organa Solo shook off the sweat from her brow. That nightmare had been so intense. So real. She could actually feel herself flying through space for a moment. Feel the silliness of Luke milking things and throwing a temper tantrum. But it was quickly passing now. After all, how could anyone actually be frightened of something called “Snoke”?

Yes. It was all a dream.

But now she had to get back to work. To the real work of dealing with the aftermath of Grand Admiral Thrawn’s offensive, supporting Luke’s work with the young Jedi on Yavin and dealing with the **** that was the ongoing government shutdown over Mon Mothma’s crazed insistence on funding an anti-Death Star Wall. Seriously, a wall in the Death Star trench, sure that made sense, but to protect the New Republic from Death Stars, how would that even work anyway?

Suddenly, the Princess was roused from her political headaches by an explosion at the back of the Falcon. Chewie’s voice came over the speaker warning of sabotage... Imperials!

She ran to where the passengers gathered, diplomats, Senators, Young Jedi, Republic SpecOps - all should be trusted and yet her Force Senses told her that there were indeed Imperials and Sith and other enemies of the Republic gathered here.

As the engines cut out and the Falcon drifted into normal space Leia knew that they would need to find the dark forces fast so that the true heroes of the Republic gathered here could make it back to Coruscant alive.

Day 1 has begun. It will last 25hrs and 25mins (1500 GMT, Saturday).

Any obvious role options hinted at here?

Say Republic SpecOps = FBI Agent?

Or Sith = Mafia Godfather or Mafia Role Cop?

44 minutes ago, Paulcrawford said:

I was guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 total non-town threats? But could be more, particularly with, in theory, more town having powers.

42 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Lynch the bad guys!

Not sure about this, seems risky.

I'll make a note on time zone issues as well. By my accounting we have two folks on EST, and two on PST, which is 8 hours behind folks in the UK. Very good chance that once @Rewen007 and @jessicachase go to bed the first day is essentially over for them.

47 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Gentle reminder to all players who haven’t yet to please ##roleconfirm. Thanks!

##role confirmed

I’m finding this much harder to follow than WhatsApp so feel free to lynch me first...

6 minutes ago, Traingirl1 said:

I’m finding this much harder to follow than WhatsApp so feel free to lynch me first...

Can you ##roleconfirm please?

##roleconfirm

1 hour ago, Traingirl1 said:

Third jester reveal...

11 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Third jester reveal...

role fishing

##roleconfirm

Are we going to have any discussions about what direction we want to go in on this first day? My guesses are that Mark F is very DTL, others may be more skeptical and will hope to learn more in the night particularly with the likelihood of many power roles, and somebody will suggest lynching me for good reason since I have been scum in seemingly every single game to date.

I'm DTL, FWIW. Although without Tom in the game I'm not sure what direction we should go in first.

7 minutes ago, markdedrick said:

Are we going to have any discussions about what direction we want to go in on this first day? My guesses are that Mark F is very DTL, others may be more skeptical and will hope to learn more in the night particularly with the likelihood of many power roles, and somebody will suggest lynching me for good reason since I have been scum in seemingly every single game to date.

I'm DTL, FWIW. Although without Tom in the game I'm not sure what direction we should go in first.

Well a lynch on day one always gives us a good starting point, but it means being ruthless.

No lynch D1 and we get no information, and mafia get a free night kill. So lets make sure we lynch somebody.

@Lord Preyer is each day phase 24 hours, or just day 1?