Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

It is updated erratically at best. This is actually pretty normal. 😑

This thread is more reliable than FFG's Upcoming page.

Me reading tea leaves is more accurate than FFG's Upcoming page.

Huh. You're right. My local store has RttFA.

Still no package here 😕 or word of a package on the way either

Just got a notification from UPS, it’s about to ship :)

My Return to the Forgotten Age just got delivered (alongside a marvel Champions Hulk hero pack, and LOTR Land of Sorrow).

Unfortunately I'm going away tomorrow morning for a long weekend. Still, something to look forward to next week!

If U late preordered it (like I did) do u wait longer to recieve it?

Looks like I got my shipping notification from FFG on RttFA. No notice on Hulk yet (which was processed the same day). I expect to see that before 1PM. Got the Hulk notification when I hit post.

Edited by Duciris

My LGS (in the UK) have confirmed their delivery arrived today, so I guess I risk going into town on Saturday to pick RttFA up.

I got my Hulk shipping notice yesterday, and the notification about it being prepared to ship about a week ago. Haven't heard anything about RttFA at all. Concerning, considering they're supposedly releasing on the same day (tomorrow).

RttFA isn't listed on my active preorders anymore either. Hopefully it didn't get lost in the shuffle and they just decided to only send one shipping notification.

My team covenant RttFA looks like it should be arriving Monday per USPS tracking. They have a notice on their page too that says shipping is taking longer due to COVID than their usual. To be expected.

Edited by Soakman

Mine is being delivered tomorrow. Getting better. Not the joyous 5 day before release as Pre-Covid, but that may be a thing of the past.

Available Now it claims.

ahc46-box-left.png

This shipped yesterday for me. Hope to see it Saturday. Hulk is in process for shipping today. We'll see if I see it before Tuesday. :(

Edited by Duciris
19 hours ago, Soakman said:

My team covenant RttFA looks like it should be arriving Monday per USPS tracking. They have a notice on their page too that says shipping is taking longer due to COVID than their usual. To be expected.

Yes, I am quoting myself. Sorry 'bout it!

Just an update, despite the USPS tracking, looks like I got mine today.

People on the other side of the world get new releases way before those of us who live 10 min from FFG hq

6 hours ago, Villefere said:

People on the other side of the world get new releases way before those of us who live 10 min from FFG hq

Same. I live about 20 minutes away but my order has still not gone through for some reason.

I'm 3 hours from Roseville. I got my RttFA on Saturday, but am still waiting for Hulk to leave the warehouse. 😕

how does RttFA look, for those who have it? any major changes?

45 minutes ago, Krysmopompas said:

how does RttFA look, for those who have it? any major changes?

Just like the other "Return tos", so far. Really looking forward to some of the player cards. The weaknesses are interesting, including the one from 2018 Arkham Nights. It should mean we see Ikiaq all the sooner.

53012.jpg

Almost total revamp of the explore mechanics. It's interesting. Some differences in Supplies. Also, you no longer have to replay Heart of the Elders.

That's what I saw from a glance over the sheet. Haven't looked much at actual cards yet.

29 minutes ago, Eldan985 said:

Almost total revamp of the explore mechanics. It's interesting. Some differences in Supplies. Also, you no longer have to replay Heart of the Elders.

That's what I saw from a glance over the sheet. Haven't looked much at actual cards yet.

I wouldn't describe the Explore section as an "almost total revamp" - all it adds is clarification of what to do if an enemy is somehow drawn from the Exploration deck.

Supplies get some tweaks at the end of scenario 3, but no change at the start of the campaign - I was hoping for an extra point for 3/4 players, and some description tweaks to give a bit of a hint as to the ones that might help you through the first interlude, but no such luck. They remain solvable if you've played the campaign before, and brutal if you go into it blind.

Not what I mean. The way you set up the exploration deck is now entirely different.

2 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Not what I mean. The way you set up the exploration deck is now entirely different.

We just played both scenario 1 and 2, and I somehow missed that treachery encounters do not start in these decks (though we were still adding them after successful explorations!). I was so confused when I was supposed to add encounters from the expedition set when it is replaced by doomed expedition.

No wonder it was so hard. We've lost both scenarios so far. Probably for this reason.

Edited by Soakman

Of all the Scenarios, I personally feel like The City of Archives got the least amount of "Return to" love. Every other scenario received alternate locations, tweaks to exploration, new additions to the campaign guide, etc.

All Poor Pnakotus got was an additional wing and two—IMO—lackluster new locations.

For such a heavily thematic scenario, it seemed ripe with potential.

Edited by Joshuarleonard