Squad Builder Bug Reporting

By ffgBrian, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Alexander Kallus (vcx)

Does not have a talent slot and should.

the cost point of battle meditation is incorrect in exemple for VP 3: 6points on builder, 4pointson PDF / VP6: 12 points on buidler, 10 points on PDF

Anyone else having trouble even opening up the squad builder? For the last few days it's done nothing but give me a black screen. Or when I get it open, it gives me a black screen when trying to add upgrades or pilots.

For me, on the phone app only, when I click on Nantex, to open the list of those to add one to a squad the app terminates and I get send back to my phone's home screen. The web builder seems to be working just fine.

13 hours ago, Desmothenes44 said:

For me, on the phone app only, when I click on Nantex, to open the list of those to add one to a squad the app terminates and I get send back to my phone's home screen. The web builder seems to be working just fine.

Also experiencing app crash on iPhone when tapping the nantex ship type drop down. Also, tie/rb heavy is not listed As a ship type drop down for galactic Empire.

18 hours ago, Synel said:

Also experiencing app crash on iPhone when tapping the nantex ship type drop down. Also, tie/rb heavy is not listed As a ship type drop down for galactic Empire.

Having the same problem with the Nantex crashing the squad builder on my Android phone (Galaxy 10x).

Veteran Turret Gunner (VTG) has rotate action as a requirement. I have the Ion Cannon Turret providing the rotate action to a BTL-A4 but the squad builder refuses to add VTG. Probably the squad builder only checks if the requirements are found on the ship card instead of checking the upgrade cards too.

Actions added to the Action Bar by upgrades aren't counting towards the requirements of other upgrades.

New Version Update 11/24

1. Alpha-3B configuration does not add a payload slot.

2. Intercept Booster configuration point cost is 3, instead of 1 as shown in the most recent PDF.

3. Cannot equip False Transponder Codes to Zam Wessel.

Edited by pquinn

New iPhone app 11/24 and https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/

C-ROC Cruisers (both Separatist Privateers and Syndicate Smugglers) with Corsair Refit can not equip the Turbolaser Battery hardpoint.

I suspect this is because the C-ROC initially only has 4 energy, the Turbolaser Battery requires 5, and the additional energy from the Corsair Refit is not taken into account for requirements.

Edited by Mirban

Another bug with the new version: equipping a Standardized upgrade to a Baktoid Prototype shows an error message stating that it must be equipped to several Trade Federation Drones in the squad. This should only apply to ships with the same full name according to the rules reference.

Screenshot_20201124-222041.png

The company I work for employs people called "testers" and they test the code and output. Maybe FFG might follow this approach one day

Veteran turret gunner causes an error when added to starfortress bomber. Also Paige tico pilot for star fortress has a discrepancy. App says 58, points document says 56.

Is there a reason I cannot have 0-0-0 as a crew member with Asajj in the Lancer? It can crew for Ketsu in the Lancer...

There are no restrictions listed for false transponder codes, but it does not appear on the illicit list when trying to add it to the yt-2400. It works on all other ships with an illicit slot regardless of ship size or faction. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be usable on a yt2400, or is this just a glitch?

Impossible to equipe synchronised consol on Eta-2 , in hyperspace mode, turret are not avaible

16 hours ago, DarkMaugan said:

Impossible to equipe synchronised consol on Eta-2 , in hyperspace mode, turret are not avaible

Never mind, I think I'm wrong on this one.

Edited by pquinn

I took this screenahot while building. I had added and removed Dalan then Xixor, each with a system upgrade (FCS or passive sensors...)

From having a previous total of 140, it now dropped to 137. You can see that the ships should add up to 140.

It appears that there is a subtraction bug.

I then made this a proper Extended 200/200 squad with a real value of 203...

Screenshot_20201126-220548.png

Edited by Larky Bobble

So saved means posted... i guess you need to be on the last page to see it.

Sorry. Spammed

Edited by Larky Bobble

Spammed. Sorry

Edited by Larky Bobble

Spammed. Sorry

Edited by Larky Bobble
On 11/25/2020 at 2:21 AM, Number16 said:

The company I work for employs people called "testers" and they test the code and output. Maybe FFG might follow this approach one day

QA, in other words.

There is no doubt that this was tested (in my mind), but not by people that play the game.

It won't allow Veteran Turret Gunner to be equipped on a ship with a turret/hardpoint granting the rotate action equipped.

In both the iOS and website squad builders, the builder posts a warning if ANY ship with Networked Calculations does not have Independent Calculations equipped while some do, rather than only ships of the same chassis.

(e.g., if you have two Tri-Fighters with IC and a Hyena without, it will warn you to equip IC to the Hyena as well.)

Edited by Sarcsmorator

HMP Droid Gunship - ••Onderon Oppressor - 61
••Onderon Oppressor - Atmospheric Attack Module (40)
Multi-Missile Pods (6)
•General Grievous (3)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Delayed Fuses (1)
Repulsorlift Stabilizers (Active) (3)
•Kalani (5)

Droid Tri-Fighter - •••Fearsome Predator - 45
•••Fearsome Predator - Fixated Pursuit (38)
Predator (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Intercept Booster (Detached) (3)

Droid Tri-Fighter - •••Fearsome Predator - 45
•••Fearsome Predator - Fixated Pursuit (38)
Predator (2)
Fire-Control System (2)

Droid Tri-Fighter - •DIS-347 - 45
•DIS-347 - Target Acquired (38)
Predator (2)
Fire-Control System (2)

Total: 196

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

So added the list above, I have added 2 hmp gunship expansions and 4 tri-fighter expansions to my collection but I'm getting warnings that I do not have the configuration upgrades for these ships but as you can see I do have them in my collection.