Squad Builder Bug Reporting

By ffgBrian, in X-Wing Squad Builder

If you look through the forums, you will see many posts about the failings of the app from day one.

How did it get like this?

Poorly written, badly specified, totally inadequate testing, lack of information for users, a head in the sand approach to problems raised, an obvious reluctance to accept responsibility for a dreadful app...

What's also irritating is that 10clowns, the app authors, got paid real money for that when hobbyists produce better apps in their spare time.

I could go on but I have other things to do.

Is there any word at all from FFG or the company that was hired to make this app if they are even reading this thread and working on fixing the bugs?

Always good to end the week on a laugh - thanks :)

No communication is the preferred option for FFG.

Version 1.2.0

mobile

iphone

issues:

I live in Germany. The in-app language is set to English.

BUT when I export a list as PDF the language of the PDF is German!

I need it to stay English (as in the settings!) e.g. for international tournaments!

The sorting of ships in a list seem to follow no rules?!!

They are NOT sorted following initiative-value, nor point-costs, nor chronology of adding the ships to the list...

It seems to be random; furthermore the sorting CHANGES when I save a list again, or export it!

This is highly annoying! : - (

I wish for a consistent sorting order (best if I can choose).

The 'go back' buttons are most discomfortable!

Usually I just want to go back ONE STEP — but instead the app redirects me to the main menue!! Then I have to click through all the menus to get back to the list I was working on... : - (

Please do print a lists NAME on the PDF. Preferably with special characters and emojis allowed. 👍🏻 🤩

Thank you so much for fixing these!

sincerely

Edited by Tellonius

Good luck with those change requests.

Don't hold your breath.

Why do upgrades costed based on agility (such as Shields, Hull, and soon R2 Astromechs) cost the same for the Delta-7B as the base Aethersprite? The base is agility 3 the 7B agility 2. These upgrades should be costed for this ship’s types according to agility just like any other ship. I realize this may call for a different mechanic to be added to the app, but I feel this would make things more fair.

Edited by Tharcas
On 6/26/2019 at 12:00 AM, Tharcas said:

Why do upgrades costed based on agility (such as Shields, Hull, and soon R2 Astromechs) cost the same for the Delta-7B as the base Aethersprite? The base is agility 3 the 7B agility 2. These upgrades should be costed for this ship’s types according to agility just like any other ship. I realize this may call for a different mechanic to be added to the app, but I feel this would make things more fair.

This is in the rulebook. Upgrades that reference ship stats always use the base ship stats.

Passive Sensors is listed as Hyperspace legal in the pdf but is not able to be selected in the app when using Hyperspace Format.

Double post. Created new topic first, then realised this is the place to put it.

Updated builder "saved" squads doesn't show the correct squad total. Need to open the squad to see the true squad total. Somehow still shows old points.

Even creating a brand new squad and saving it shows the total incorrectly.

TA-175 is missing from the list of Tactical Relays for Separatists

2 hours ago, Handlarz Mirek said:

TA-175 is missing from the list of Tactical Relays for Separatists

Its in extended, but missing from Hyperspace.

20 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Passive Sensors is listed as Hyperspace legal in the pdf but is not able to be selected in the app when using Hyperspace Format.

It's there for me. I have a Hyperspace event this weekend and was able to build my 5 x TIE/SF with Passive Sensors and Homing Missiles with no problem on my Galaxy 10+.

I just noticed that the app has been updated with points for July. However all of my saved lists are gone. They are there on the web-app but the website is not correctly adding up up the points.

Version 1.2.0, mobile, Samsung Galaxy S10+

Ok big bug found. It appears that, for some lists, the app is using pre-update points to calculate the cost of some squads. I've seen 2 lists of mine where this has happened. One is my Khiraxz Kamikaze list (5 Cartel Marauders [38] w/Deadman Switches [2] - 40 each). The app is calculating it 210/200.

The other is my droid swarm (5 Seperatist Drone [21] w/Energy Shells [5] & Grappling Struts [1] - 27 each & Wat Tambor [42] w/ Treacherous [2], Kraken [10], Soulless One [6] & Impervium Plating [4] - 64). The app is calculating the list at 217/200. The Droids are being calculated as 29 and Wat as 72, which is what they would cost pre-points update.

The points for the individual upgrades are showing the post update point values and not all lists are being affected by this. The 5 TIE/SF list (5 x Zeta Squadron Survivor [32] w/ Homing Missiles [5] & Passive Sensors [3]- 40) I'm running this weekend is unaffected and being correctly calculated at 200/200.

Edited by T70 Driver
On 7/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, skotothalamos said:

This  is  in the rulebook. Upgrades that reference ship stats always use the base ship sta  ts.  

Ah. I see it now in the FAQ... cleverly placed! 🤪

The app is not calculating points correctly. It is treating Swarm Tactics as 0 points for Wedge Antilles in this list.

it does show up correctly on the editing screen, it not on any output screen, including the list of saved squads.

T-65 X-wing - •Biggs Darklighter - 48
•Biggs Darklighter - Red Three (48)
Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 55
•Wedge Antilles - Red Two (55)
Swarm Tactics (5)
Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 90
•Han Solo - Scoundrel for Hire (82)
Trick Shot (4)
•Chewbacca (4)
•Lando Calrissian (2)

Total: 193/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by John_McCullough

During building my list in resistance it shows me the "new" points.

2019-07-23-07-41-03-X-WING.png

When I expport the pdf if shows me the old points.

2019-07-23-07-45-06-Window.png

Red Squadrons are to expensiv

On 7/20/2019 at 6:18 PM, John_McCullough said:

The  a  pp is not calculati  ng points corr  ect  ly 

Seeing the same thing for many different squadrons. The points calculate one way on the squad build (editing) screen and a different way (for a different total) on the list screen. This does not effect all lists, only some.

I got a new smart phone (Samsung Galaxy A30), and I discovered an odd problem with the builder app.

If I look at a card (As in, click on the "view card" button) I cannot close it again. The red "cross" close button that is supposed to be on the top right is not showing.

The only way I can exit is by closing the application.

The ships seem to work when I'm in the "preview mode". Ie. BEFORE I add them to a squad.

But once I go to EDIT, and then I open the ship card (or any other upgrade card for that matter). Once I look at the card I can't close it again.

Click "New Squad" -> Click "Extended" -> Click "Scum and Villainy" -> Click "Add Ship" -> Open Aggressor List -> Open IG-88D detail -> Click the view card icon.

Screenshot_20190802-110704_X-Wing2.jpg.d7becce38fb13e827f44b21c970aca94.jpg

Click "New Squad" -> Click "Extended" -> Click "Scum and Villainy" -> Click "Add Ship" -> Open Aggressor List -> Click IG-88D "+" (hence creating a list and adding the ship to it) -> Open IG-88D detail -> Click the view card icon.

No close button.

Screenshot_20190802-110719_X-Wing2.jpg.be099a4f9051c5a0da361bc854613283.jpg

I will double check on my old phone, but I don't recall having this problem.

Edited by Bort

Cannot save new Squad Lists using iOS version on iPhone 6 or first gen iPad, both using iOS 12.4.

Tapping Save during list creation results in blank screen without any save taking place. App reboot returns no saved list. Problem persists.

Deleting existing lists works fine. Lists are removed from all devices.

Suspect functionality with save to be issue, not network or communication with server.

Please advise.

I now get a blank page of starfield when I go to the squadbuilder. My Android phone still loads correctly, but my Windows PC does not.

Version 1.2.0, Android

The filtering of the card collection does not work properly. If a faction is chosen and the next filter is set on elite upgrade cards, also the elite upgrades which are limited to other factions than the chosen one are displayed.

Swap out 'Device' with 'Payload' pls.

I would like to report a bug, it's called the Nantex. Pls remove with next patch

Spare parts cannisters for Delta7 dissappeared from the Ofiicial Squad Builder.