More 'huge' ships confirmed - so what's the next one?

By xanderf, in Star Wars: Armada

I still believe that we'll eventually have six factions, three eras, and three Huge ships -- one for each era. Those will be:

1. SSD
  2. Subjugator
  3. Mandator IV

I think the Lucrehulk could be a Huge ship, but probably won't be.

^^^ that doesn't seem like a great marketing strategy. No ships for Rebel, Resistance, or Republic? Literally all the good guy factions? The three R's of Starrr Warrrs ? I still think you'll get at least a Viscount. I'd hope you get it at least.

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

^^^ that doesn't seem like a great marketing strategy. No ships for Rebel, Resistance, or Republic? Literally all the good guy factions? The three R's of Starrr Warrrs ? I still think you'll get at least a Viscount. I'd hope you get it at least.

I'd say the odds of us getting a Viscount are approximately 3,720 to 1. ;)

6 minutes ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I'd say the odds of us getting a Viscount are approximately 3,720 to 1. ;)

Never tell me the odds! *Slaps Viscount Invest button*

On a more serious note, they gotta make SOMETHING for the other side. I've said it before and I'll say it again, of they could work it out with the Mouse to make their own I'd be down. And I don't even play anymore lol 😝

23 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

On a more serious note, they gotta make SOMETHING for the other side. I've said it before and I'll say it again, of they could work it out with the Mouse to make their own I'd be down. And I don't even play anymore lol 😝

Funny enough this has happened before. Disney has often given FFG to option to make a design, reveal something, or name something. Pretty sure the Raider, Starhawk, and Oninger are all done by FFG. So there is a chance of that happening.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, ForceSensitive said:

that doesn't seem like a great marketing strategy. No ships for Rebel, Resistance, or Republic? Literally all the good guy factions? The three R's of Starrr Warrrs ? I still think you'll get at least a Viscount. I'd hope you get it at least.

They may go the way of the Starhawk for the other two factions? A large ship that is visually impressive, first major appearance in any media, and a bit more flexible compared to the huge ships. Resistance most likely would get the 95 and GAR would most likely get some from of Mandator with FFG making a canon appearance for the ship.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, Rmcarrier1 said:

I think the Lucrehulk could be a Huge ship, but probably won't be.

Looking at the scale from another thread it is pretty clear where the next size base should have come in and that was with the Starhawk. The Starhawk is about the same size as the Resurgent, 85, and Lucrehulk. ST ships seem like a long way off, but we should seen soon what they do with CIS. My money is on them just shrinking the ships by a 1/3 (that is what they did to the Starhawk).

pic5600313.png

@RyantheFett

Last post ironically in this thread my dude 😜 I'm an old salt, I was there when the Raider was born and the masses wanted to tear off it's interceptor panels. The crazy heretics lol 😆 but yes, in exactly that vein. Even going with the Viscount as a base line, which was modeled in WotC's minis game, and evolving it with features from the '80L and '30. They could do some seriously good stuff yeah?

On 8/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, xanderf said:

@melminiatures -- You might not see this with just three days left before the forum shuts down, but I would love if you expanded your 1/30400 line, so that we could recreate a chart like Xanderf's. Your SSD line is really affordable, too, which is nice. Fingers crossed! Love your work!

Edited by Rmcarrier1