Starship Construction Utility RTSU v1.41 Published

By bobh, in Rogue Trader

Only weapons, archeotech and supplemental components left to add.

Thanks bobh for posting your progress. I eagerly await version 1.4.

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Is this still being worked on? The updates were quite the tease...

Still plugging away at it :)

Archeotech Components added:

• Cogitator Interlink
  • Energistic Conversion Matrix
  • Gyro-stabilization Matrix added

Im starting to feel pushy with these posts, but i cant get over how useful a tool this is. Any further progress yet?

Hi,

I'm rewriting a large portion of the sheet's logic so its taking a while. It became a needful theng after I realized I needed to make more space for weapons additions with the upcoming Battlefleet supplement.

Sorry its taking so long. Ill catalog what i've added in the last few weeks and post here this week :)

Latest updates. About to start adding weapons.

Update JAN 31 2011

• Added Broad Band Hymn Casters ITS
  • Added Astropathic Choir-Chambers ITS
  • Added Asteroid Mining Facility ITS
  • Added Arboretum ITS
  • Added conjectural Arboretum for >C class hulls
  • Cleaned up commas on some Character Sheet areas that were out place
  • Added "STORM" Drop Pod Launch Bays
  • added ability to have multiple STORM Drop pod Launch Bays
  • character sheet now automatically calculates pod total and strategic turn launch total of multiple Drop Pod Launch Bays
  • Added Reinforced Prow ITS
  • Added conjectural Reinforced Prow for >C class hulls
  • Added Empyrean Mantle ITS
  • Added conjectural Empyrean Mantle for >C class hulls
  • Added Auxiliary Plasma Banks ITS
  • Added conjectural Auxiliary Plasma Banks for >C class hulls

* I really have to WONDER why they didn't have a fixed size Aux Plas Bank deliver a FIXED amt of power. Seems WAY too complex given you coudl just say hey for 4 space you get 8 power and it costs 1sp. Fine gimme 4. But no you have a different size per unit based on the class of hull and the LARGER you get the less efficient it is. What this is is a component that should have not been CLASS restricted but simply one that should come in different sizes.

• Added Shadowblind Bays
  • added abilty to have multiple Shadowblind bays (seems worthless but its in there)
  • Added Xenos Habitats
  • added abilty to have multiple Xenos Habitats (loss of morale multiplies but not charm/inquiry bonuses w/size of habitat)

Impressive utility. Thanks for all the work. Going to use it in my new RT group.

I'm almost done with the non weapon items from Into the Storm. I think i'll issue a new release soon with all the changes up to now.

I'm working on upgrades and, after adding Atomics, ran into the entry for Cherubim.

Wow. What a waste of Morale Points. And 'Random' achievement points maxed at 20 for BEST Craftsmanship Aeries?

What bothers me:

• Cherubim are custom made. They should be acquired.
  • If a Morale hit is taken there should be a reasonable trade off.

I'm just going to add 20 achievement per aerie and call it a day, random achievement pts that can = BEST quality Aeries are kind of silly.

bobh said:

I'm working on upgrades and, after adding Atomics, ran into the entry for Cherubim.

Wow. What a waste of Morale Points.

I agree this upgrade seems like a waste. Considering that most components that offer Achievement Points are either 50 or 100 points. The gain doesn't fit with the rest of the established components.

After reading the description of the aerie, I'm still puzzled as to what are cherubim servitors and why would they cause problems for the crew. Anyone shed any light on this? If cherubim servitors are common on most Imperial starships, I'd figure that the aerie would improve morale instead of penalize it.

Bobh, thanks for your continued updates. I look forward to 1.4.

I houserule'd Cherubim to add 1d5 to any characteristic being tested in starship combat once per strategic turn. I.E. on a Command test for a hit and run, Cherubim add 1d5 to it.

Also, thank you for the utility. This has dramatically reduced the amount of time I spend searching for stats and tracking power/space usage when I construct my starships.

VirtualWizard said:

bobh said:

Wow. What a waste of Morale Points.

I agree this upgrade seems like a waste. Considering that most components that offer Achievement Points are either 50 or 100 points. The gain doesn't fit with the rest of the established components.

After reading the description of the aerie, I'm still puzzled as to what are cherubim servitors and why would they cause problems for the crew. Anyone shed any light on this? If cherubim servitors are common on most Imperial starships, I'd figure that the aerie would improve morale instead of penalize it.

Bobh, thanks for your continued updates. I look forward to 1.4.

Starship crews are known to have sex, and the resulting percentage of stillbirths and birth defects is quite high in that environment. These unfortunate accidents provide the raw materials for the Cherubim, and seeing little Johnny's reclaimed body flittering around the ship while the Missionary tries to comfort you that "you are NOT the father" really plays hell on morale,

Quoi? I thought Cherubim were vat-grown constructs. (There used to be an old article PDF for Inquisitor about them but it's long gone now) and highly difficult to create, making them status symbols for the wealthy or familiars for Inquisitors.

Also I always interpreted Cherubim as being like Gremlins/Imps. Troublesome, mischevious little bastards with an affection for shiny objects or stealing things or playing pranks when they weren't busy doing menial tasks in areas where other crew couldn't go. Hence they're irritating to crew who view them as nothing but obnoxious little *****.

My post was a joke, but if you use daytime TV as an inspiration, you can get pretty grimdork.

Well theres Cherubim and then theres Nephilim that are made from real kids....

The bonus seems to be a floating achievement addition but the random factor is a bit irritating considering any of the quality versions might equal 20 points. Just rubs me wrong I guess. If I have tim ei'll add a option for the random factor instead of just the strait 20.

Thanks for the compliments and comments. If you run into any trouble with the utility just post it here or mail me.

HappyDaze said:

Starship crews are known to have sex, and the resulting percentage of stillbirths and birth defects is quite high in that environment. These unfortunate accidents provide the raw materials for the Cherubim, and seeing little Johnny's reclaimed body flittering around the ship while the Missionary tries to comfort you that "you are NOT the father" really plays hell on morale,

Ok, I can definitely see why there might be morale problems. Grimdark just got darker lengua.gif

Almost done with 1.4.

Just have the following left to do:

Turbo Upgrade

and

Weapons to Add

So near yet so far :o (

I can't wait for this tool it makes my life as a GM so much easier.

Thx alot

Finished with turbo upgrades now just rewriting the weapons tables. since turbo weapons make the range issue of the larger 'home brew' weapons in the utility I am phasing out the homebrew in favor of the 'canon' FF weapons. Will wait for Battlefleet Koronus to phase out home brew torpedoes, nova cannon and launch bays - assuming they are in there (i think they will be).

Noticed i missed a couple of weapons and some components from the GM Screen. Will put that on my list to add in 1.41.

A friend of mine started writing a character creation utility program in his free time. Its already looking nice. If he sticks with it ill ask him to post his progress on this website for you to see.

O and you can download 1.39 from this site MakeWarNotLove and use the old version till 1.4 is up. Its at the very bottom of the page.

Version 1.4 of the Rogue Trader Ship Utility is finished. It incorporates all of the Into the Storm supplement. If I missed anything please be sure to send me a thread on this thread.

Will update the OP later with complete change list and plans for the future.

You can find it at the bottom of this page for download:

MakeWarNotLove

bobh - well done, yet another masterpiece thrown to all us unworthy mortals (who are too lazy / unskilled) to do our own spreadsheets!

And you do realise that as soon as Battlefleet Kronos is out we will all be clamouring for v1.41 gran_risa.gif

Many thanks for your work on this.

DW

Of course. I enjoy using it as much as I do making it. And thank you for the compliments.

Again many thanks for this you have no idea how many hours number crunching this saves me and sheets of paper

Thanks again bobh