Starship Construction Utility RTSU v1.41 Published

By bobh, in Rogue Trader

One of the utilities users found a problem with 'power available' displayed on the character sheet. It wasn't taking into account the extra power added by aux generators. FIXED. Will release a new version soon as this is error number three in version 1-40r09 that has been found and fixed.

You sir, win the internet, for making this utility. It has provided immeasurable aid to my gaming group. I cannot thank you enough. You should put up a paypal account where we can donate to keep the project going!

I cannot wait to see it incorporate the Battlefleet Koronus changes.

I finally got Battlefleet: Koronus. There are some bug fixes coming first but the RTSU BFK update push is on!

Version 1-4r16 is now available at:

Rogue Trader Ship Utilities (*Bottom of the page has the download link.)

FIXES:

• HAZEROTH SP$ cost was wrong, changed from 35 to 30 to match RT Core Stats.
  • Vaulted Ceilings were not displaying Quality of COmponent on Character Sheet correctly instead indicating 'Pick Quality' in error.
  • Power Available on Character Sheet was not displaying additional Power from Auxiliary Plasma Banks.
  • Armour Plating was subtracting 2 too many space to ship when Dauntless or higher hull was chosen.

I've worked on the HULLS logic to allow for the addition of twenty new hulls.

HULLs ADDED
Added MURDER Class Cruiser to Hulls, $SP Cost is guessed at
Added AVENGER Class Grand Cruiser to Hulls, waiting on answer as to whether space is 92 0r 90 (BFK and EotA disagree)
Added IGNIS Class Heavy Cruiser to Hulls, $SP Cost is guessed at
Re-Added WOLFPACK Class Raider to Hulls, $SP Cost is guessed at

I would imagine that BFK overrides Edge of the Abyss

Actually, BFK adds to Edge of the Abyss. I have both books, and can't think of a single instance where BFK contradicts the earlier book - it just added a bunch of stuff. For example, BFK has every Chaos cruiser that was in the original Battlefleet Gothic (plus two new light cruisers) except one. There is no Murder class cruiser, as that's in EotA.

Cheers,

- V.

Vandegraffe said:

Actually, BFK adds to Edge of the Abyss. I have both books, and can't think of a single instance where BFK contradicts the earlier book - it just added a bunch of stuff. For example, BFK has every Chaos cruiser that was in the original Battlefleet Gothic (plus two new light cruisers) except one. There is no Murder class cruiser, as that's in EotA.

Cheers,

- V.

My comment is from bobh's comment that the Avenger grand crusier has 92 space in Edge of the Abyss, and 90 in BFK

I'm about to put two different hulls in there and call them 'Avengers' made in different Forge Worlds....

progress:

All hulls from BFK added.

All Additional, Cargo/Passenger and Augments added to the utility from BFK.

Will start working on drive systems tonight.

happy Easter.

Both BFK Warp drives added. Working on Plasmas now.

Added all the plasma drives from BFK, including the Cypra Patterns. Saved time by eliminating all the conjectural Lathe pattern drives of 'Ships of the Imperium' from the list as well as the conjectural grand and battleship drives of jovian pattern from 'Ships of the Imperium'; the options for drives now are well filled up to grand cruiser. Will eliminate any other conjectural drives when new drives become available.

Heya Bobh,

2 things, firstly, you still have my never ending thanks for this work! Love it!

Secondly, you limit the number of main cargo holds to 5. I have tried but can't find this in the books anywhere. Am I just having a boy look or is it a house rule? The reason that I ask is now that we have BFK, we can certainly fit more than 5 on a certain transport hull.

It wasn't a problem in the past. So when I integrated the hulls from BFK I upped it to 12 including the integrals. Will be in the next release. :)

Been a while since this thread got bumped, and this tool is mega-useful!

On a selfish note, Bobh, how are you going on the BFK stuff? happy.gif

Big Bump, is any work being done for this anymore? I was very much hoping for BFK to be added to this. I would donate well for this work.

Well its mostly finished. Craftsmanship still isn't done but I'm publishing a version of it tonight that has everything BUT Craftsmanship because the MAVs won the NBA championship! Woot!

You can find the download link at the bottom of this page: Rogue Trader Ship Utilities

With the exception of Craftsmanship the RTSU has all the components, weapons and hulls from BFK added.
I also made the default size of the BUILD page text larger as I have received some requests to make it easier to read.

Please test it out and see if you can find errors, omissions and or problems that need to be fixed then send me a note on problems directly by following this link to the UTILITY FEATURE REQUEST form.

Thanks for the release. Hopefully soon we'll have those craftsmenship rules so I can build a working gothic class in it! They're not joking when they say without best quality components, it won't fit!

Just want to say Bobh, I love you! aplauso.gif

Have been playing with new release for coming RT campaing Im going to start and This little thing has made making Imperial ships so much easier than any calculation sheet i have managed to create with Excel. Thank you bobh for your time and tenancy to making this thing.

You are all welcome. I'm just sorry it took this long. Got stuck on finishing craftsmanship for a while before I dumped it to finish up.

New version of the RTSU is underway:

Anticipating he won't mind I've added Banderstantch's Vampire Launch Torpedo Tube modification to the utility on the CUSTOM tab. Made a slight modification to power consumption adding only 2 per component instead of 1 per STR of component.

AVENGER Class Grand Cruiser Hull Space 90 or 92? Both are correct (according to errata gathered so far) so I added a checkbox on the BUILD page to switch it back and forth.

REMOVED Custom Page 'Manufactorium' as the BFK Supplement adds a Manufactorium and the Custom version is no longer needed.

Why the Repulsive Grand Cruiser is 88 space and Bridge of Antiquity is 2 Space and 3 Power or Ancient Life Sustener is 3 Space and 3 Power for BC+?

Bridge of Antiquity it has 1 Space and 2 Power for cruiser and up(it is no rulling for BC+) but it is a cruiser hull. Ancient Life Sustener it has a 2 Space and 2 Power fro cruiser hulls.

Where are the plasma accelerated torpedo tubes(archeotech)?

Augmented Retrothrusters for grand cruisers are 7 Power instead of 5 Power(the maximum that you will pay for thrusters for cruiser). It is not about the size because the thrusters for transports costs less and transports can be bigger than grand cruisers

thor2006 said:

Why the Repulsive Grand Cruiser is 88 space and Bridge of Antiquity is 2 Space and 3 Power or Ancient Life Sustener is 3 Space and 3 Power for BC+?

Bridge of Antiquity it has 1 Space and 2 Power for cruiser and up(it is no rulling for BC+) but it is a cruiser hull. Ancient Life Sustener it has a 2 Space and 2 Power fro cruiser hulls.

Where are the plasma accelerated torpedo tubes(archeotech)?

Augmented Retrothrusters for grand cruisers are 7 Power instead of 5 Power(the maximum that you will pay for thrusters for cruiser). It is not about the size because the thrusters for transports costs less and transports can be bigger than grand cruisers

The plasma tubes were left out by mistake, ill add that to the next version.

"Augmented Retrothrusters for grand cruisers are 7 Power instead of 5 Power" - FIXED this by modifying the table.

"Bridge of Antiquity it has 1 Space and 2 Power for cruiser and up(it is no rulling for BC+) but it is a cruiser hull." - good catch - I found my notations to delete these BC+ entries and must have forgotten to do it. FIXED in next version. Also fixed the Exploration Bridge and Ship Master's Bridge - had the same issue. Also: Changed Combat Bridge to (CL,C,CB,CG) rather than (CL,L) which was in error. Added (CL,C,CB,CG) to any bridge that was a Cruiser component that wasn't already fixed.

"Ancient Life Sustener it has a 2 Space and 2 Power fro cruiser hulls." - Again the same problem - I left the old 'guesswork' entries in there and didn't delete them. Fixed for each type of Life Sustainer.

"Why the Repulsive Grand Cruiser is 88 space and Bridge of Antiquity is 2 Space and 3 Power or Ancient Life Sustener is 3 Space and 3 Power for BC+?" - The sheet defaults to Pressed Crew quarters which is why you see 88 not 90 for SPACE leftover when you select the REPULSIVE hull type. Its a feature. In the HULL sheet the correct figure of 90 is recorded.

Thanks so much for your help!

Plasma Torpedo Tubes added to the RTSU now. Will be in next version.

The same problem is for Arboretum and Empyrial Mantel for BC+. Could you delete all BC+ references that have no components, please.

When we select the craftmanship of lance or macrobatery battery could we not make possible to select the components the craftmanship changes?

I'm working on all that and thanks again for pointing out the BC+ I left in. Craftsmanship, as I mentioned here: Rogue Trader Ship Utilities , is going to take a while.

Make a list of every non weapon component and then multiply it by three possible variables, then make a lis tof every possible weapon and multiply it by six possible variables. That is how many new things must be written in - and it all has to fit with what exists now in the sheet. Then you'd have to make all the quality information appear on the character sheet. It is literally hundreds of individual changes, minimum. I tried it once and my method failed to work.

I have the option of doing it a little at a time or making what I call a 'simple' solution.

The simple solution is creating a line of drop boxes that you can select for components that will allow you to add or subtract a number of power space and SP. This would avoid modifying the multitude of components and be very quick to add. Of course theres no way to note on the character sheet the component quality so I have decided to not do that. And this would not work for weapons.

All i can do about craftsmanship for now is work on it.