Starship Construction Utility RTSU v1.41 Published

By bobh, in Rogue Trader

Its not finished (the character sheet tab) so don't be surprised if nothing shows up. Only version 1-26 has anything appearing there at the moment. Are you looking at version 1-26 and what version of excel are you using? Its written in excel 2000.

If you haven't got it done then I'm not doing it wrong! YAY! I'm certainly not going to complain about it not being complete, as you are doing the work that I lack the skills to do.

Well, I'm using Open Office's Spreadsheet component, which is fully compatible with MS Excel 2000. Its running v1-26 without a problem. On the character Tab is the name and a few components.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Feonor said:

If you haven't got it done then I'm not doing it wrong! YAY! I'm certainly not going to complain about it not being complete, as you are doing the work that I lack the skills to do.

Well, I'm using Open Office's Spreadsheet component, which is fully compatible with MS Excel 2000. Its running v1-26 without a problem. On the character Tab is the name and a few components.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Your qwlxomw. And thanks for reminding me of open office...now everyone can use it for free, no excel needed. Honestly forgot about OO.

'Mission creep' is my problem, really. I've begun the character sheet and now i want to make another with text boxes so users can move the things around to suit their tastes. I'll have to add that to my list.

bobh said:

Your qwlxomw.

No idea how that happened lol. I meant 'welcome', sorry :)

Essential and Supplementary components are all showing up correctly on the Character Sheet. I might actually get it done before the weekend :)

Version 1-27 is up (link on first post of this topic thread will take you to the download page - scroll down to choose the 1-27 file to download).

1-27 has a mostly functional Character Sheet, with the exception of weapon display and crew disposition display. No formatting of the Character Sheet background or text yet.

Question: on the character sheet the crew % and morale have 'current' figure areas where you can write this in o na printed sheet. Should i replace this with a number typed in by the user and 'placed' on the Character sheet on the fly for ppl that want to use the electronic character sheet and not print it out?

Having the generator/sheet useful for those who prefer to keep it electronic sounds like a good idea. I know that a few people in my group like to have electronic versions of sheets.

Problems with it still. The Librarium is adding more than it should, and the Trophy Room is adding nothing.

Just stopping by to say that the SCU looks good.

Thanks for putting in all the work bobh!

Scrow said:

Problems with it still. The Librarium is adding more than it should, and the Trophy Room is adding nothing.

Both are 1/1/1 as far as space power and sp$ and when i select/deeach in version 1-27 the calcs change properly. Are you referring to the space/power/SP$? Or something else?

Just stopping by to say that the SCU looks good.

Thanks for putting in all the work bobh!

I'm enjoying it. Thanks gran_risa.gif

hey scrow,

could you send me a copy of your spreadsheet? perhaps it'd be easier to track down the cause that way?

send to grimzod at yahoo.com

thx

bobh said:

Scrow said:

Both are 1/1/1 as far as space power and sp$ and when i select/deeach in version 1-27 the calcs change properly. Are you referring to the space/power/SP$? Or something else?

I think he is referring to how many achievement points they add. Trophy Room should give 50 points to Exploration, Criminal and Trade objectives, but doesn't, while Librarium shouldn't add any achievement points (only adding to investigationrolls), but adds the points a Trophy Room should. Looks like the calculations for the Trophy room went into the wrong row or something.

Thanks, i'll check that.

found the error with trophy rooms and librariums - the bonuses were transposed, fixed. thanks scrow and gokerz

fixed a morale calc error that allowed starting max morale to rise above 100. fixed

version 1-28 is up

Actually, according to the RAW, it is legal to have a starting Morale or Population greater than 100 (p198, right hand column, paragraphs 1 and 2, just below the bullet points).

I have to admit, I can't see a way to up the Pop past 100, but if your ship is fitted with Extended Supply Vaults, a Temple-Shrine, and Observation Dome an Ancient Life Sustainer, it is technically possible to have a starting (and maximum) Morale of 107, assuming you don't add any components that reduce that as well. Of course, that also requires sufficient power, space, and the Reliquary of Mars complication for a starting ship.

Alasseo said:

Actually, according to the RAW, it is legal to have a starting Morale or Population greater than 100 (p198, right hand column, paragraphs 1 and 2, just below the bullet points).

I have to admit, I can't see a way to up the Pop past 100, but if your ship is fitted with Extended Supply Vaults, a Temple-Shrine, and Observation Dome an Ancient Life Sustainer, it is technically possible to have a starting (and maximum) Morale of 107, assuming you don't add any components that reduce that as well. Of course, that also requires sufficient power, space, and the Reliquary of Mars complication for a starting ship.

Thanks for catching my error, Alasseo , i've changed my changes :) 1-29 will have the correction (found it on p.193 RT).

Update April 4 -
found and fixed bug where commerce bridge wasn't adding 50 achievement points to totals
Character sheet achievement bonuses added
character sheet weapons display complete'
character sheet bonuses display for skills tests added
found and fixed bug where R-50 Auspex didn't add 50 to exploration achievements
found and fixed bug where R-50 Auspex was subtracting -5 from detection not -2
Some minor formatting on the character sheet...still kind of plain
version 1-29 is up

Is there anyone interested in translating this Starship Utility into other languages?

I've started adding Skill Task Bonuses to a specific section of the character sheet so you dont have to hunt through the components and add up the plusses yourself. That'll make the component sections less wordy.

After that i'll create a 'electronic' character sheet that is more friendly to those that want to use the sheet on their computer during game play.

I've also been toying with the idea of adding a 'Damaged' or destroyed checkbox for each component to be used on the fly during gameplay in the electronic character sheet.

Oh yeah, any suggestions for a background pic on the character sheet?

Update April 8 -

* added crew morale and population effects to ship actions and systems
* modified character sheet layout
* added on the fly morale and crew pop information input for players
* completed adding all component skill modifiers to a automatically calculated skills test display area

version 1-30 is up, yay!

* Still need to do Dispositions

Clarification, the Dispositions are 'in' the sheet as a 'field' you can fill in, not as a down box.

Here is something I was screwing around with at work the other day. It's for building starting characters. It only has stat modifiers and whatnot programmed in, and I am not nearly as good as bobh is with the programming, but I am pretty proud of it, simple though it may be.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4MKE4NO

Scrow said:

Here is something I was screwing around with at work the other day. It's for building starting characters. It only has stat modifiers and whatnot programmed in, and I am not nearly as good as bobh is with the programming, but I am pretty proud of it, simple though it may be.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4MKE4NO

Thanks for the compliment. Want to collaborate on this?

Absolutely. Like I said, it's not much but I thought I would take a crack at the character creator since you did all the work on the ship utility.

Ok, I think you will like what I have done so far. It is a work in progress still, and it is very rough, with a lot of the information not added in yet, but I am pretty proud of myself. Go ahead, type in some stats, choose your starting options, and check out the character sheet page 1. If it works, I think you will be impressed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5Z5TKJVQ

Of course I plan to be cleaning things up and hiding all those other tabs and data spots, so you are looking at a very crude version, but a sample of what I envision for the builder. Post any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Looks very good. I like the work you did with the Character sheet.

With all the work you've done I think your skills with excel are equal to mine if not superior lol, i'm no expert.