The Academy on Korriban - [MAFIA]

By EbonHawk, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

##VOTE MOOSE

##Unvote

##VOTE MOOSE

Pod seems to be the one throwing out names first to try and avoid suspicion I think...

#vote Pod

1 minute ago, PodRacer said:

##Unvote

##VOTE MOOSE

Good boy ;)

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

##Unvote

##VOTE MOOSE

Why?

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

Why?

Because he’s Pod.

Even the Wookie gets it...!

@Lord Preyer it is time to contribute. Your rookie card just expired. ;)

I'm going to make a dreaded list and post it soon. (Spoiler alert - Pod is nuts)

Okay, I hate lists, but we need some discussion guys:

Me - Ninja Town as **** (Did you think otherwise :) )

Mandalorian Moose - His slip up at night may have been a confirmation of town, or a genius rookie move. While I’m not discounting that’s possible (See Cal’s first ever game), I actually think he’s town.

Pod - Which leads me to Pod. So far everything he’s done has been really strange (Yes even for Pod). He pushed a no vote on day one (and survived?!) and is now trying to lynch Moose. I can see a brilliant tactic behind it (possibly, let’s not get too crazy), but I don’t think anyone is falling for it. That said, he’s pushing the game forward a little. My current read is bizzaro town.

Gnips - Ghost was definitely in my plausible deniability group. He was quite wishy washy with his approach, and his vote. I could totally see him as scum, but then again, I always read too much into his posts. (He tends to get himself into trouble with them at times :) ) He is currently on my shortlist.

Caldias - I’ve said it before, Cal and Mads would be a dream scum team, and if we’ve drawn them, we’re ****. I am a little worried about Cal scummarining this game (only piped up when I pinged, and then gave an obvious “oh gee” and has been really silent this game. This is trouble. His vote on Pod also reads max plausible deniability.

Mads - Mads is my opposite of GNips. He always reads town to me and then you’re pulling the knife out of your knee. He reads town again. He has voted on Cal, which I think is currently a solid vote. Hoping I'm right about him being town...

LTD - LTD reads town to me. Solid reads with his post, and I’d say I’m okay with his reasoning on Jabbawookie. If he’s scum, then kudos.

JabbaWookie - JabbaWook’s been present. He covered up his vote on Pod with flavor. Could be a scum-tell, might not be. As I said before, I’m okay with LTD’s reasoning, and could be tempted to vote on him.

Lord Preyer - absent- I understand the Internet thing for sure as mine went out on Saturday and I had to scramble to meet obligations. However he has contributed zilch. If he weren't a rookie, I’d already have my vote on him. (This is absolutely zero personal LP, just for the good of town.)

We have 13 hours left. I’ll be on and vote my picks in the morning. @LTD , and anyone else that is in a tough timezone for the game needs to give their vote and reasoning when they can so that a vote is in place. No votes give us little info and helps the scum win the game.

Hey everyone, very sorry about being out of it. Sundays are usually me winding down the toddler clock, then my wife and I got excited for the Bethesda Keynote and watched it. OMG STARFIELD.

I'll be up super late (At least three more hours) babybjorning our other kid and will reread it all and have some thoughts.

1 minute ago, Caldias said:

STARFIELD

okay gonna watch it...better be good :)

haha, well, not that great, but that's one sexy satellite. Just having confirmation that we are getting a scifi RPG had me all sorts of hype.

BUT THIS:

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Okay, I hate lists, but we need some discussion guys:

Me - Ninja Town as **** (Did you think otherwise :) )

Mandalorian Moose - His slip up at night may have been a confirmation of town, or a genius rookie move. While I’m not discounting that’s possible (See Cal’s first ever game), I actually think he’s town.

Pod - Which leads me to Pod. So far everything he’s done has been really strange (Yes even for Pod). He pushed a no vote on day one (and survived?!) and is now trying to lynch Moose. I can see a brilliant tactic behind it (possibly, let’s not get too crazy), but I don’t think anyone is falling for it. That said, he’s pushing the game forward a little. My current read is bizzaro town.

Gnips - Ghost was definitely in my plausible deniability group. He was quite wishy washy with his approach, and his vote. I could totally see him as scum, but then again, I always read too much into his posts. (He tends to get himself into trouble with them at times :) ) He is currently on my shortlist.

Caldias - I’ve said it before, Cal and Mads would be a dream scum team, and if we’ve drawn them, we’re ****. I am a little worried about Cal scummarining this game (only piped up when I pinged, and then gave an obvious “oh gee” and has been really silent this game. This is trouble. His vote on Pod also reads max plausible deniability.

Mads - Mads is my opposite of GNips. He always reads town to me and then you’re pulling the knife out of your knee. He reads town again. He has voted on Cal, which I think is currently a solid vote. Hoping I'm right about him being town...

LTD - LTD reads town to me. Solid reads with his post, and I’d say I’m okay with his reasoning on Jabbawookie. If he’s scum, then kudos.

JabbaWookie - JabbaWook’s been present. He covered up his vote on Pod with flavor. Could be a scum-tell, might not be. As I said before, I’m okay with LTD’s reasoning, and could be tempted to vote on him.

Lord Preyer - absent- I understand the Internet thing for sure as mine went out on Saturday and I had to scramble to meet obligations. However he has contributed zilch. If he weren't a rookie, I’d already have my vote on him. (This is absolutely zero personal LP, just for the good of town.)

We have 13 hours left. I’ll be on and vote my picks in the morning. @LTD , and anyone else that is in a tough timezone for the game needs to give their vote and reasoning when they can so that a vote is in place. No votes give us little info and helps the scum win the game.

Since we have a list, we might as well use it. OUT OF ORDER!

JabbaWookie reads pretty town for me. He's participating and RPing for the flavor. He did have that 2nd vote on Pod, but I don't see that as particularly damning. He voted after Pod rallied for a no lynch, which is a terrible Day One move

Lord Preyer - Hard to read the absent. Could def be scummarining.

GNIPS - I do agree that his move could read as opportunistic. IF ONLY WE HAD GOTTEN TO LYNCH POD AND GOTTEN INFORMATION. Still, I agree, his vote did seem opportunistic.

Which brings me to

CNinja - Leading the convos, which is pretty out of character for you. I am used to the CNinja that quietly lurks. One thing he also forgot to mention. There is one other person as sneaky as Mads when scum. I'll give you a hint. His name rhymes with Smarmibbean Winja.

Mads - He's been the most enigmatic, I think. He also is always townish until he isn't. He was one of the non-voters in the first round, which to me is a bit suspicious, though not outright damning. Interesting, but probably inconsequential, both his votes came after the person he voted for had posted in the interrum, and he realized it afterward (myself and Lord Preyer).

LTD - did have solid reasoning, if Pod had been lynched and flipped town. But he isn't. He got the no lynch he wanted, and somehow everyone is like aww, Pod, what a pal.

Moose - I initially thought his slip up night post was scum error, but now I think it could just be a regular mistake. Might be he has a role and got a PM and thought it was time to post. I'm willing to give him a pass for now.

Pod - being weird, so being Pod. Started podding after I was like why Pod no podding? Called for a no lynch Day one and lived. He should get some sort of achievement unlocked for that. Could be either bad or good.

Now, for myself. I'll admit that my absense and whoopsie daisy post could be suspect, but here's what I find suspect: All the people saying "Well, let's assume Pod is town..."

The ****? Why is that a thing? Do I think he's scum? Maybe? But I also do not think he is town. I believe he could be third party with his own goals. I could be wrong. But most troubling is a lot of folks are okay with operating as if he has somehow been cleared. We didn't get a vote, therefore who did and did not vote for pod is very smoke and mirrors evidence, though a lot of folks are treating it as fingerprints. Also, Vis voted for Pod and is now dead.

As for me? I wasn't sure Pod was scum, but we needed someone to die to get information. We came close, but no cigar thanks to these folks: Mads, LTD, Jabbawookie, Lord Preyer, Moose. My question is why is my vote to lynch someone more suspicious than this merry band of folks who didn't cast a vote at all?

At any rate, whatever happens, we must lynch someone today. We can't give scum another night for a free kill.

My two cents:

Well, I was gonna vote for Caldias . And now I’m not, because reading the crowd, if he had tried to vote on me I might well get lynched while the scum look on. And it wouldn’t even have seemed that suspicious later...

It’s tempting to try lynching Lord Preyer , because internet issues or not he isn’t really participating, nor is he likely to be a priority target so we can rule him out later (no offense.) That said, he’s fellow new blood and I won’t vote new blood right now.

As for Me , I know I’m innocent. I believe the second aye for a first-round vote is, on the surface, a dumb place for scum to be. (Why vote when you could wait and see where things fall?) But good scum would do it to avoid suspicion, but you might see through that , etc etc. Also, the one piece of concrete evidence we have is someone targeted Vis. If you’re voting against new blood, you’re assuming they got lucky. I don’t assume that for an instant.

If MandalorianMoose’s confusion is an act, it’s clever. He’s also new blood, and as such I’m temporarily assuming his innocence.

LTD didn’t vote, but again: new blood. Also had a decently thought-out case. He’s totally, annoyingly misplaced in his vote but still, props. Not clearly innocent, but there are likelier suspects.

CaribbeanNinja, Madaghmire, Podracer (after reading the takes of others) and GNiP : I have no clue which of you is the killer, but all of you would have known to kill Vis, and I promise one of you will get my vote soon.

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

CaribbeanNinja, Madaghmire, Podracer (after reading the takes of others) and GNiP : I have no clue which of you is the killer, but all of you would have known to kill Vis, and I promise one of you will get my vote soon.

To be fair, I would think anyone would want to target vets. Why should only the vets be suspect?

Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

To be fair, I would think anyone would want to target vets. Why should only the vets be suspect?

I didn't know Vis was a vet until I asked. I assume the rest of the new blood wouldn't have recognized him as a priority target, either. Admittedly, it's possible they could have foraged through old games to pick a good target. Or we could chalk it up to luck, but that feels dangerously trusting ...

Okay, it's 2AM where I am. My voting options for now are basically throwing darts at a narrowed-down board. I'll change my vote if I wake up at a reasonable hour and deem it wise. But for now... I've had it with these ************* snakes on this ************* plane thread!

##vote GNiP

Push ups, Sit ups, Force weight lifting.. we've been doing it all today and under the baking heat of Korriban no less. I look round (I'm your teacher :) ) and see the sweat on the brows and scowls towards each other. As night draws close it's time to finish todays lesson, tonight you will be spending in the Tomb of Naga Sadow a former Lord of the Sith.

Follow me so we can set you up ready for nightfall, and bring you gear packs Sadows tomb flows with the Dark Side, anything could happen..

7ish hrs left

Vote Count:

@PodRacer - (0)

@Madaghmire - (0)

@GhostofNobodyInParticular - (1) Jabba

@Caldias - (1) Mad

@The Jabbawookie - (1) LTD

@MandalorianMoose - (1) Pod

@Lord Preyer - (1) GNips

@CaribbeanNinja - (0) Pod

@LTD - (0)

bla_1528736400.png

Edited by EbonHawk
vote update pod and gnips
30 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Push ups, Sit ups, Force weight lifting.. we've been doing it all today and under the baking heat of Korriban no less. I look round (I'm your teacher :) ) and see the sweat on the brows and scowls towards each other. As night draws close it's time to finish todays lesson, tonight you will be spending in the Tomb of Naga Sadow a former Lord of the Sith.

Follow me so we can set you up ready for nightfall, and bring you gear packs Sadows tomb flows with the Dark Side, anything could happen..

7ish hrs left

Vote Count:

@PodRacer - (0)

@Madaghmire - (0)

@GhostofNobodyInParticular - (1) Jabba

@Caldias - (1) Mad

@The Jabbawookie - (1) LTD

@MandalorianMoose - (1) Moose

@Lord Preyer - (0)

@CaribbeanNinja - (0) Pod

@LTD - (0)

bla_1528736400.png

I’m pretty sure I didn’t vote for myself...

On 6/10/2018 at 1:07 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

Let’s assume Pod is town for a second.

Let’s also assume I’m town (duh) and started a vote on him because it is in our interests to get lynches and info (it is).

Scum would want Pod to die, and also want to create some plausible deniability with their vote. Town is much less apt to do so, since we’re town.

Who voted for Pod but wanted it to look like it was a bad idea or score themselves some deniability?

Was the answer to this Mads?

Well, with not much time left, I have to vote. I don't have any particularly strong leanings any way. I am most inclined to vote Preyer though, because he has been largely absent. I do't want to attack him without his being able to defend himself, but I recall a game where something like this happened and the player turned out to be scum. Additionally, his three(!) posts (confirm, night, and roles) have been devoid of anything but flavor for the most part.

So, with that in mind:

##vote @Lord Preyer - can you please at least post your current opinions/analysis? Confirm you aren't scummarining, anything? If it's still internet, obviously that's an issue, but at what point are we going to begin thinking that may be a cover?

I'll keep the vote on him until he responds or it is clear a lynching will not happen without my aid, but I really hope he can show up and explain himself soon.

:D And there he is. . .

11 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

:D And there he is. . .

Let the record show my post came before your vote please! :)