The Academy on Korriban - [MAFIA]

By EbonHawk, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 minute ago, LTD said:

Thanks!

Of course, 48 hours still ends at 3am... just a day later.

This happens. Just put a vote down before you go to bed of your best read at the time.

Vis's role was Town, (acquiring a 1x day/night vig after turn 4)

That should've been in the day start post sorry

19 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Another point: Vis feels like he was silenced because he was skilled. That would cast suspicion on the veterans here.

Absolutely correct, we should begin the process of lynching them one by one..

##VOTE CNINJA

*Scowls at LTD, hand moves to lightsaber*

In terms of a defense, there’s nothing really to offer, just as there’s no reason to specifically suspect me. Moose for the moment seems innocent, as does Pod. Mag, Caldias (both more experienced players who wanted to kill Pod) and Ninja (the vote initiator) are my suspects, and it’s a little odd you left Mag off the list.

33 minutes ago, LTD said:

This indicates to me that Podracer is not the bad guy - if he had been a bad guy then the other bad guys would have started a new bandwagon to save him.

Not necessarily. It is entirely possible for scum to vote scum to death turn 1 to gain town rep. Lots of people do it.

I doubt MandalorianMoose is bad since he failed to vote correctly - evil is typically competent... (jokes) and also he posted (against the assumed rules) about sneaking around, which a baddie is unlikely to do.

This could be a clever ploy on his part, but I am inclined to agree with you for now.

And GhostofNobody in Particular is likely on the bad list as well, since he put in the (in his mind) hammer blow

Pod was at L-2 when I voted. I knew I was not lynching him, but I was wary of the snap-lynches scum are liable to make if you leave them the option, hence my hesitation.

You know, it's kinda ironic, but in the end Pod got the result he promoted - a no-lynch.

45 minutes ago, LTD said:

Ok, so here's my out of character take:

1. I didn't vote not because of lack of interest, but because the 24 hours set by the GM finished at my 3am. A similar thing will happen again this day. As much as I love you people, I am not getting up after midnight to play forum games - sorry. My interest and devotion has limits.

2. There is no actual rule about night posting - just a rule about posting after hammers and day-kills. Since neither happened, the rules don't apply - or need to be changed to make it clear to those of us obsessed with rules as written (on an Armada forum? probably everybody).

In game:

Of the 10 players, six voted for Podracer (although due to an error one vote was not counted). This indicates to me that Podracer is not the bad guy - if he had been a bad guy (I can't say Sith, since we are all Sith? I guess?) then the other bad guys would have started a new bandwagon to save him.

Of the four who did not vote Podracer - LTD (says he is Australian/sleeping), LordPreyer (internet problems, says voted no lynch), Podracer (was the accused, voted for Madaghmire), and Madaghmire (who indicated a plan to vote for Podracer after work, then did not vote - presumably still at work).

So, that means (in my thinking) the bad guys are in the following list:

CaribbeanNinja

The Jabbawookie

Caldias

Visovics (except he is dead)

MandalorianMoose

GhostofNobodyIn Particular

I assume there are at least two bad guys, and probably three.

My thinking is that the bad guys wouldn't want to start a lynch thread, but would be happy to jump on board one. By this logic I think it's The Jabbawookie, then Caldias. I doubt MandalorianMoose is bad since he failed to vote correctly - evil is typically competent... (jokes) and also he posted (against the assumed rules) about sneaking around, which a baddie is unlikely to do.

And GhostofNobody in Particular is likely on the bad list as well, since he put in the (in his mind) hammer blow.

So, all of that said, I think the baddies are The Jabbawookie, Caldias, and then MandalorianMoose.

And, given that I'll be working most of the day and then sleeping when things heat up:

##vote The Jabbawookie.

*LTD mutters under his breath, punches a wall, and stares in silent rage at everyone*

We are in the best of all possible worlds here - we've had a solid 6 votes and not lost an innocent person.

While I appreciate your reasoning, I would also like to point out that scum would happily let town vote someone to die that wasn't one of them, and stay off the vote to watch. Assuming you're right about Pod, the people that cast no vote should also be considered suspect.

But Pod could very possibly be scum. In fact, if he is, a scum player would certainly vote to lynch Podracer if his death looked certain to seem "safe." Pod calling for a no lynch is a death sentence, or usually is.

In short, we still don't have much to go on. What I think:

Pod may very well be innocent, and calling for the no lynch was his way of being Pod, or he is scum hiding in plain sight. Flip of the coin.

The other interesting thing I have is Mandalorian Moose posting during night, seemingly assuming night was over. Was this because he put in a kill order and assumed night was over? I think that's possible. Would like to hear what others think.

27 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Absolutely correct, we should begin the process of lynching them one by one..

##VOTE CNINJA

So your brilliant plan is:

1. Try and get a no lynch

and

2. Hang the experienced one by one

Im always open to the opinions of others.

But you are right, my plans are Briliant.

10 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Another point: Vis feels like he was silenced because he was skilled. That would cast suspicion on the veterans here.

I agree, this is what it looks like to me as well.

In further support, the veterans here generally lay off the new blood early game, in general, unless they slip badly.

14 minutes ago, LTD said:

Ok, so here's my out of character take:

1. I didn't vote not because of lack of interest, but because the 24 hours set by the GM finished at my 3am. A similar thing will happen again this day. As much as I love you people, I am not getting up after midnight to play forum games - sorry. My interest and devotion has limits.

2. There is no actual rule about night posting - just a rule about posting after hammers and day-kills. Since neither happened, the rules don't apply - or need to be changed to make it clear to those of us obsessed with rules as written (on an Armada forum? probably everybody).

In game:

Of the 10 players, six voted for Podracer (although due to an error one vote was not counted). This indicates to me that Podracer is not the bad guy - if he had been a bad guy (I can't say Sith, since we are all Sith? I guess?) then the other bad guys would have started a new bandwagon to save him.

Of the four who did not vote Podracer - LTD (says he is Australian/sleeping), LordPreyer (internet problems, says voted no lynch), Podracer (was the accused, voted for Madaghmire), and Madaghmire (who indicated a plan to vote for Podracer after work, then did not vote - presumably still at work).

So, that means (in my thinking) the bad guys are in the following list:

CaribbeanNinja

The Jabbawookie

Caldias

Visovics (except he is dead)

MandalorianMoose

GhostofNobodyIn Particular

I assume there are at least two bad guys, and probably three.

My thinking is that the bad guys wouldn't want to start a lynch thread, but would be happy to jump on board one. By this logic I think it's The Jabbawookie, then Caldias. I doubt MandalorianMoose is bad since he failed to vote correctly - evil is typically competent... (jokes) and also he posted (against the assumed rules) about sneaking around, which a baddie is unlikely to do.

And GhostofNobody in Particular is likely on the bad list as well, since he put in the (in his mind) hammer blow.

So, all of that said, I think the baddies are The Jabbawookie, Caldias, and then MandalorianMoose.

And, given that I'll be working most of the day and then sleeping when things heat up:

##vote The Jabbawookie.

*LTD mutters under his breath, punches a wall, and stares in silent rage at everyone*

We are in the best of all possible worlds here - we've had a solid 6 votes and not lost an innocent person.

A few things;

I wouldn’t clear Moose just because he appears confused. This whole game is about manipulating perception.

Re:Gnips- Hammering someone D1 is not indicative of much. Town wants the vote to go through and has very little information, and scum wants to drop town numbers provided the vote lands, as it generally does D1, on a town voice. If anything, its more likely that a scum player would avoid hammering someone he knows will flop town, as its establishing a voting history he may have to explain later.

I’d have to reread the rules, but if its the same copypasta we’ve been using more or less no night posting is pretty clearly written.

Returning to scumhunting, I don’t think Ninja would kill Vis given their minor altercation yesterday, and draw attention to himself. I think it more likely scum saw that as one of only two points of contention that might be leveraged through a night kill. The other contention being Pod and myself. I don’t think any of the veterans here would buy that were I scum, that I would expend a night kill to off Podracer, who generally handles that himself by day. But especially given his push yesterday. Conversely, killing me might be worth it, but if I were scum I’d save me for later, as provided there are enough veterans late game I imagine at this point it’ll be pretty easy to sell a lynch on me regardless of the evidence, so why not see if town takes me out for free?

So who would get all that? Hard to say regarding the new blood, not enough information. But of the vets;

Cninja would, for sure. But I don’t think he killed Vis, for the reasons elucidated above. I could be wrong, maybe he thinks it was light enough he could get away with it and remove Vis, who has already indicated through his words that he’d be particularly watchful of Cninja.

Gnips would, so he warrants watching.

I am incapable of understanding what happens in Pods head, and I’m pretty sure I’m happier that way. Shrug on Pod.

Which brings me to Caldias. He hasn’t said much yet, which slots nicely into his early scum game. He likes to fly under the radar as scum, giving only just enough to deflect suspicion as is needed.

#vote @Caldias

God **** explosion of chat while I was writing that.

Ehh, I still like my vote. I think deflecting to moose may be a scumtell.

1 minute ago, Madaghmire said:

Ehh, I still like my vote. I think deflecting to moose may be a scumtell.

❤️

I'll be considered forever scum to some, so I get it.

I don't feel like I've been much quieter than many of the others here. I wasn't really deflecting so much as providing an independent read.

Pod is Charlie Day from It's Always Sunny, could literally go either way.

I also don't feel pressured to vote just yet. Day is 48 hours and I don't want my vote to cause some runaway hammer on a town person. Losing Vis sucks enough as it is.

Will be around in a few hours, kids are going nuts.

@PodRacer what do you think about LTD’s vote on Jabbawookie?

8 minutes ago, Caldias said:

❤️

I'll be considered forever scum to some, so I get it.

I don't feel like I've been much quieter than many of the others here. I wasn't really deflecting so much as providing an independent read.

Pod is Charlie Day from It's Always Sunny, could literally go either way.

I also don't feel pressured to vote just yet. Day is 48 hours and I don't want my vote to cause some runaway hammer on a town person. Losing Vis sucks enough as it is.

Will be around in a few hours, kids are going nuts.

Well you hadnt said much when I was writing that. Its a low bar this game.

16 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

@PodRacer what do you think about LTD’s vote on Jabbawookie?

I have to assume hes wrong otherwise it means scum fell for the gambit hook line and sinker, and all outed themselves on D1.

It has however been known for newer players to defy all odds and be right on with their analysis.

On Balance, I quite like it.

9 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

I have to assume hes wrong otherwise it means scum fell for the gambit hook line and sinker, and all outed themselves on D1.

It has however been known for newer players to defy all odds and be right on with their analysis.

On Balance, I quite like it.

I’m kind of interested in the ones who were wishy washy about the vote.

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I’m kind of interested in the ones who were wishy washy about the vote.

I’m kind of interested in the ones who are kind of interested in things...

20 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

I’m kind of interested in the ones who are kind of interested in things...

Put your vote on it. This time do it right. :)

Let’s assume Pod is town for a second.

Let’s also assume I’m town (duh) and started a vote on him because it is in our interests to get lynches and info (it is).

Scum would want Pod to die, and also want to create some plausible deniability with their vote. Town is much less apt to do so, since we’re town.

Who voted for Pod but wanted it to look like it was a bad idea or score themselves some deniability?

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Let’s assume Pod is town for a second.

Let’s also assume I’m town (duh) and started a vote on him because it is in our interests to get lynches and info (it is).

Scum would want Pod to die, and also want to create some plausible deniability with their vote. Town is much less apt to do so, since we’re town.

Who voted for Pod but wanted it to look like it was a bad idea or score themselves some deniability?

Well, I apparently took a suspicious position by jumping in for the second vote. Caldias gave a liiiitle friction, GNiP was reluctant. Moose and Mag didn’t successfully vote, but jumped on the bandwagon in spirit.

Greetings fellow students of the Dark! After I have scrubbed the pelko bugs from me (Golg is so unseemly this time of year) I shall be ready to let the hate flow through me once more and wield Mecrosa’s finest bladework against all who might defile our sanctum.

Soon, soon, the Red Harvest will dawn... but first, a question: do we know for certain which roles are in play in this game or is that a dark mystery too?

We dont know the roles

Moose sneaking about at night might suggest he knows a bit more than a few of us, but hes stashed his finds away, and wont share!!

55 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Moose sneaking about at night might suggest he knows a bit more than a few of us, but hes stashed his finds away, and wont share!!

I’m sick of the other students trying to use my heirlooms to kill each other. There’s more to the force than just fighting you brutes