STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

You are right, it does look very similar. They likely did reuse assets. Perhaps Colossus and Skystrike share a hostile (to human life) world station platform?

Wow, great catch!

I might go back and rewatch that episode, one of my favorites...

Holy crap The Colossus is huge. No wonder The First Order wants it.

43 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

While the joke of the first order being.. ahem, size queens is hilarious, I wonder if there is something secret hidden in the station.

Just now, That Blasted Samophlange said:

While the joke of the first order being.. ahem, size queens is hilarious, I wonder if there is something secret hidden in the station.

Of course there is.

Doza knows about it too, he has to. I'm guessing The Colossus was his charge during the reign of The Empire.

33 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Right? Even if they just used it as scrap metal it would be well worth it!

‘The New Trooper’ Preview

Sounds like they really do just want it as an established refueling station. Cheaper to take over than to build new one.

Episode Titles

Sunday, March 3 - " Descent " (#120)

Sunday, March 10 - " No Escape: Part 1 " (#121)

Sunday, March 17 - " No Escape: Part 2 " (#122) (Season Finale)

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

you know i kept telling people "they want the colossus because of logistics" and everyone kept telling me i was an idiot, there had to be some sort of secret facility present or secret weapon..

Edited by mithril2098
24 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

you know i kept telling people "they want the colossus because of logistics" and everyone kept telling me i was an idiot, there had to be some sort of secret facility present or secret weapon..

I'm actually happy about the logistical nature of it. It makes sense why they don't just all out attack, that and the First Order is trying not to show their hand, at least for a few more weeks.

Just saw the new episode, A) Kaz is as bumbling as always and B) I really wish they wouldn't just do the resolution of the episode as the clip they put out advertising the show. Now, I know that Kaz was very, very likely advanced through nepotism but he seems like he has no idea at all how the military acts for someone who literally is part of the New Republic's Navy.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:30 AM, Animewarsdude said:

I really wish they wouldn't just do the resolution of the episode as the clip they put out advertising the show.

This was incredibly disappointing.

The episode overall wasn't terrible but it had some moments that were quite frustrating. Also, I feel a little bad for the one stormtrooper.

I also feel bad for Opeepit, still focused on his cleaning tasks without the necessary tools.

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-new-trooper-star-wars-resistance

The kids apparently have healing powers, or the people from their planet learn to be healers in some way. I had a feeling that at least one of them was force-sensitive with the visions she was said to have in a previous episode.

I wonder if we can map where all various star systems in the star map are, so we can see where all FO fleets are at at this specific point in time (if any beyond the ones they show identified).

54 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-new-trooper-star-wars-resistance

The kids apparently have healing powers, or the people from their planet learn to be healers in some way. I had a feeling that at least one of them was force-sensitive with the visions she was said to have in a previous episode.

I wonder if we can map where all various star systems in the star map are, so we can see where all FO fleets are at at this specific point in time (if any beyond the ones they show identified).

Annoying part as it doesn't line up with the map/maps they've been using since TFA. I tried to put put it in photoshop and use the key points on the map like Jakku to figure out where stuff is but the planets are all off between the maps. Maybe someone else will have better luck with that.

Concept Art stuff

resistance-117-concept-art-gallery-3_3feb98d1.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1496 resistance-117-concept-art-gallery-7_117e8102.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1496

resistance-117-concept-art-gallery-9_b10 resistance-117-concept-art-gallery-4_baed02fd.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1440

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Annoying part as it doesn't line up with the map/maps they've been using since TFA. I tried to put put it in photoshop and use the key points on the map like Jakku to figure out where stuff is but the planets are all off between the maps. Maybe someone else will have better luck with that.

Concept Art stuff

Is this from the next episode, or am I one episode behind? I thought I saw the latest one yesterday.

1 minute ago, Sir Orrin said:

Is this from the next episode, or am I one episode behind? I thought I saw the latest one yesterday.

The latest one is The New Trooper, episode 15. It aired this last weekend, and that concept art is from it.

Just now, CaptainJaguarShark said:

The latest one is The New Trooper, episode 15. It aired this last weekend, and that concept art is from it.

Oh, I am an episdoe behind then, I just watched "The first order occupation" where they help Senara escape.

Here is to hoping that this scene isn't from the ending of the episode too.

5 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I wouldn't think so but who the heck knows. Sounds like we are basically right near the start of TFA now which is honestly faster than I was expecting. I'm hoping this is the setup for the episode, Poe and Kaz work together to get some more intel before Poe needs to leave for Jakku.

AFAIK there's nothing in canon between this and Jakku.

11 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wouldn't think so but who the heck knows. Sounds like we are basically right near the start of TFA now which is honestly faster than I was expecting. I'm hoping this is the setup for the episode, Poe and Kaz work together to get some more intel before Poe needs to leave for Jakku.

AFAIK there's nothing in canon between this and Jakku.

Well I think not counting this episode we have like 4 more episodes. I suspect they will save Starkiller's attack for the final two episodes, likely part 1 with the residents fighting back against the First Order with them either repelling them for the moment or more likely having to abandon the station with some likely to try and join the Resistance in season 2, which might air in the fall at least giving some post TLJ material before Episode 9 drops.

24 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Hm, the way it is set up is hard to say where in the episode it takes place. I don't think its the end of the episode but that has been mostly the case so far.

Edited by KiraYamatoSF
3 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Well I think not counting this episode we have like 4 more episodes. I suspect they will save Starkiller's attack for the final two episodes, likely part 1 with the residents fighting back against the First Order with them either repelling them for the moment or more likely having to abandon the station with some likely to try and join the Resistance in season 2, which might air in the fall at least giving some post TLJ material before Episode 9 drops.

Oh yeah, there is four more after this, for some reason I was thinking we were down to two more past this one. I agree on where the timing seems likely to happen for the last day of the Republic.

I'm still curious if they'll actually kill Kaz's dad, or if he'll end up living, or if he'll end up living and turn out to be an FO sympathizer.

1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I'm still curious if they'll actually kill Kaz's dad, or if he'll end up living, or if he'll end up living and turn out to be an FO sympathizer.

Well, if the show were intelligent and used basic structure and the like then the option that offers the most drama and character struggle and growth if for Kaz to think his father is dead but that he is actually a First Order supporter or member and then Kaz has to deal with that. However, considering that Sabine's final key episodes in Rebels fell flat with giving her any true emotional stakes or the like by killing off no name background characters instead of her mother or brother and the fact this show is made 'for children' they might just kill him off and not really have any payoff for the set up other than making Kaz sad for all of two minutes.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, Sir Orrin said:

Right? Even if they just used it as scrap metal it would be well worth it!

I'm betting it's an Imperial flying base like the one on Lothal. The thing looks like a flying-wing style ship....