STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

23 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

You might like this, from the episode's Bucket List:

Likewise, looking closely at Kragan’s pirate ship, the Galleon , reveals various bits of repurposed technology cobbled together that make up its parts. Kragan’s crow’s nest is a hollowed out AT-TE foot on an articulated leg; Lamdba -class shuttle wings stabilize the craft; and its main hull seems to be made out of an old AT-AT body.

Bonus Fun Fact: The overall shape and silhouette was based off of a shark, and the lead Lambda -class pirate shuttle locks onto the back to complete the back fin. There are several ports and docks for all of the other pirate fighters, swoops, and skiffs to attached for easy deployment. It has a massive arsenal of guns and cannons, and the sails and wings can fold down.

resistance-115-concept-art-gallery-5_f889115a.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1440

DveSU27.jpg

So, are they saying the Shuttle is CURRENTLY docked to the Galleon ?

Because I don't see where it would dock to be the back fin...

5 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

So, are they saying the Shuttle is CURRENTLY docked to the Galleon ?

Because I don't see where it would dock to be the back fin...

Nope. Either the aft most flat section is where the shuttle docks (filling out the rear "fin" set which has a sizeable hole in it) or the front of the shuttle slots into the aft end and its "fins" are the "tail" from what I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Nope. Either the aft most flat section is where the shuttle docks (filling out the rear "fin" set which has a sizeable hole in it) or the front of the shuttle slots into the aft end and its "fins" are the "tail" from what I can tell.

oooh, the BACK (rear) fin... ok I see it, even a ramp shape to allow the Lambda nose..

you know, I wouldn't mind saving up for an FFG model... no promises not to kit bash it a bit though...(too many flags for my taste..)

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

oooh, the BACK (rear) fin... ok I see it, even a ramp shape to allow the Lambda nose..

you know, I wouldn't mind saving up for an FFG model... no promises not to kit bash it a bit though...(too many flags for my taste..)

I'd like to see it in Epic 2.0 along side the pirates' "uglies" (RAT ROD FIGHTER'S **** YAH!!! erm… oops :) ). Talk about a thematic list.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I'd like to see it in Epic 2.0 along side the pirates' "uglies" (RAT ROD FIGHTER'S **** YAH!!! erm… oops :) ). Talk about a thematic list.

Well, yes, of course if they make the epic ship, you HAVE to have all the little ships it carries!

oh look, FFG released a rough render of the pirate fleet release!! :O

Image result for shark and pilot fish

I keep imagining the pirate ship transforming because of this guy.

TFCon-3rd-Party-Panel-054_1374955824.jpg

1 hour ago, CaptainIxidor said:

I keep imagining the pirate ship transforming because of this guy.

TFCon-3rd-Party-Panel-054_1374955824.jpg

Yup, that works much better! :D

On 1/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, CaptainIxidor said:

Most recent episode felt really predictable. I feel like they shoehorned this story a bit. If Captain Doza sees the FO rescue as legit without questioning how quickly they got there than that's going to bug me.

The FOs plan here was actually one step MORE nuanced than I was expecting from this show.

I almost laughed out loud when the gold dude turned around, as a hologram, to address Doza's daughter coming into the room. Yeah... that's not how that works.

2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

I almost laughed out loud when the gold dude turned around, as a hologram, to address Doza's daughter coming into the room. Yeah... that's not how that works.

What do you mean? People on holograms can see at least a limited amount of the space around who they are talking to. Doza's might be set to show his whole room, maybe so he can walk around and stuff while talking, or maybe for meetings. Just saying "It can't work like that!" Is kinda narrow minded.

7 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

It's like you've never watched star wars.

3 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

What do you mean? People on holograms can see at least a limited amount of the space around who they are talking to. Doza's might be set to show his whole room, maybe so he can walk around and stuff while talking, or maybe for meetings. Just saying "It can't work like that!" Is kinda narrow minded.

Bingo. Holograms have always shown at least some kind of surrounding. Humorously, almost always people/entities, but rarely surroundings. Oddly.

6 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

It's like you've never watched star wars.

Bingo. Holograms have always shown at least some kind of surrounding. Humorously, almost always people/entities, but rarely surroundings. Oddly.

Maybe they have facebook facial recognition technology to tell people apart from objects! :P

Asoka turned around in the new Clone Wars trailer....

On 1/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, Sir Orrin said:

I can't off the top of my head remember a Star Wars hologram projection going around the entire room of the receiver. Usually its projected right in front of the recipient on a desk or overhead projection on a pedestal (like the Emperor/Snoke). I just imagined the Commander turning around and looking behind him at an empty room. It just looked funny that he reacted to the daughter entering like he was actually in the physical room himself.

9 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Asoka turned around in the new Clone Wars trailer....

That didn't make sense either... but yeah dramatic effect and all that.

Edited by Jo Jo
1 hour ago, Jo Jo said:

I can't off the top of my head remember a Star Wars hologram projection going around the entire room of the receiver. Usually its projected right in front of the recipient on a desk or overhead projection on a pedestal (like the Emperor/Snoke). I just imagined the Commander turning around and looking behind him at an empty room. It just looked funny that he reacted to the daughter entering like he was actually in the physical room himself.

That didn't make sense either... but yeah dramatic effect and all that.

Star Wars fans of all people need to remember this.

I swear it was explained in multiple books that holocams were positioned at multiple points surrounding the subject of the projection, which explains why you could see the back of the individual and not a mirrored image of the side 'facing' the viewer. In Shadows of the Empire, it is reveled that Xizor was standing close, but outside the holofield of Palpatine's conversation with Vader about Luke Skywalker.

The X-wing novels also touch on this, basically it depended on how the receivers and cams were set up, and their settings. these fields could be limited to a few feet, like many hand held devices (clone wars personal devices) or encompass a whole room. (jedi high counsel)

12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Star Wars fans of all people need to remember this.

Don't tell me how to fanboy!

22 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Don't tell me how to fanboy!

Just saying it's good to wave things off sometimes.

3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I swear it was explained in multiple books that holocams were positioned at multiple points surrounding the subject of the projection, which explains why you could see the back of the individual and not a mirrored image of the side 'facing' the viewer. In Shadows of the Empire, it is reveled that Xizor was standing close, but outside the holofield of Palpatine's conversation with Vader about Luke Skywalker.

The X-wing novels also touch on this, basically it depended on how the receivers and cams were set up, and their settings. these fields could be limited to a few feet, like many hand held devices (clone wars personal devices) or encompass a whole room. (jedi high counsel)

Yeah... I get that you can see a full 360 projection of an individual, but that projection is in front of you as the viewer. Its not behind you, or at least its never portrayed that way. It would be like webcamming with an individual, and then a person comes in the room from the left or right or behind and you turning your head away from your monitor to try and look at them. I honestly didn't lose one second of sleep over this, but I just thought it pretty funny that they (good ole Disney) think it would be a normal reaction for someone doing communication via hologram.

360 cameras + surround sound exist in our world, guess they could in theirs as well.

Edited by CaptainIxidor
21 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Yeah... I get that you can see a full 360 projection of an individual, but that projection is in front of you as the viewer. Its not behind you, or at least its never portrayed that way. It would be like webcamming with an individual, and then a person comes in the room from the left or right or behind and you turning your head away from your monitor to try and look at them. I honestly didn't lose one second of sleep over this, but I just thought it pretty funny that they (good ole Disney) think it would be a normal reaction for someone doing communication via hologram.

Tora did start talking to her dad... i guess depending on how good the audio is on the FO side of the transmission...

6 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

😕

so how about the trade federation wetlight hologram we never see again

50 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

😕

so how about the trade federation wetlight hologram we never see again

Seems to only be used by them, I think it was used only in TPM and an episode or two of Clone Wars.

50 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

trade federation wetlight hologram

??? Wet light hologram?

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

??? Wet light hologram?

I think he means the viewscreen/holoscreen they used with the 'wet light hologram' coming from that ripple effect it had before showing the image.

Image result for trade federation view screen Image result for trade federation view screen