Agis' Star Wars Legion minis (2)

By Agis, in Painting

Great! My hero...

nice paint jobs and conversions

...nice work...nice converting...

After the big CW annoucement yesterday I am even more hyped to paint some CW minis.

CT_501st_3_scenic.jpg
All Clones from Mel, Yoda is an old bendy WotC mini.

CT_501st_3_ARC.jpg
Three ARC Trooper of the 501st Legion. One with Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon, one DC-15S Blaster and DC-15A Blaster Sniper Rifle.

More as ever on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

If common sense is a thing at Disney Studios, they'll let FFG release Clone Wars stuff once TCW returns to the screens...^^

I love the OT era more but I would still buy everything...

For me somehow the CW have a special place, I just love the military action of the Clones.

And that being one of the old farts that is around since 1977 watching Star Wars in the cinemas...

;)

Mel also started to produce Jedi to lead the clones! Obi Wan Kenobi is the 1st.
CT_Obi_Wan_Kenobi.jpg

A very good mini with also very little printlines!

And the always productive Mel also offers Droids and the infamous General Grievous!
CT_General_Grievous.jpg
As you can see two of the 4 sabers are missing the brittle Shapeway material simply broke away and the saber itself was too tiny to replace the blade. Anyway I received a full refund and the model still looks cool IMO.

CT_Obi_Wan_Kenobi_vs_General_Grievous.jp

more - B1 and 2 Droids, Count Dooku - on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Well done!

Still wait for some proper Legion scaled Droidekas... The Tarkin novel as well as Lords of the Sith mention Rebels making use of old battledroids during the Galactic Civil War. I totally want some of these guys supporting my Rebels...

Thanks!
And yes, Droidekas are on my wishlist too.

;)

It's your lucky day then...

True, just noticed them! :) :) :)

710x528_24300111_13338552_1532858507.jpg

3 hours ago, melminiatures said:

It's your lucky day then...

You sneaky bugger... ?

Two more Clones!
CT_501st_4_ARC.jpg

The ARC Trooper are now pretty complete.
CT_501st_5_ARC.jpg
Four ARC Trooper of the 501st Legion. One with DC-15S Blaster, DC-15A Blaster Sniper Rifle, Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon and one Trooper aims with his RPS-6 Rocket Launcher.

The good thing with all the Legion hype is that the aftermarket is also booming.
Several terrain kits popped up, one of my favourites are the Tatooine buildings in hard foam from Micro Art Studio.
Tatooine_Hut_1.jpg
Luke and two Trooper (Imperial Assault) are getting into it in front of the “Desert Habitat” - right out of Ep. IV!

more pics on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

I was amazed to see some excellent Shoretroopers on Shapeways. Being a big Rogue One fan (IMO the best of the 4 new movies) I was very curious and ordered some.
The minis fit perfectly to Legion minis from FFG! Even better than Mels!

R1_Shore_Trooper_1.jpg
Coastal defender stormtroopers, more commonly known as shoretroopers, were a specialized variant of the Galactic Empire's stormtroopers trained and equipped for combat in tropical environments. Stationed at the top secret Imperial security complex on the tropical planet Scarif, shoretroopers patrolled the beaches and bunkers of the facility.
Shoretroopers operated effectively as sergeants which allowed them to command small squads of regular stormtroopers. One of the notable aspects of coastal defender stormtroopers was that the position they serve in was rotational (temporary); subject to rank (skills and qualification) and operational demands (open positions due to mobilization or transfers). On a galactic scale, shoretroopers as a whole were scarce, as the conditions for necessitating their employment were less frequent, as few stations or garrisons were located on coastal/tropical planets.
Shoretroopers wielded both the E-11 blaster rifle and the upgraded E-22 blaster rifle while stationed on Scarif. They also carried a thermal imploder.
from starwars.wikia

and as always more pics on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

I bookmarked your legion website... A true asperation to painting.

Where did you get the shoretroopers from specifically?

In leu of the Clone war stuff have you thought about trying to Convert the At-RT to a Clone wars version? Should be cool and I can't imagine it being to difficult as long as you can find a decent replacement model for the Driver

2 hours ago, Jabby said:

Where did you get the shoretroopers from specifically?

Shapeways Skull Forge Studios

41 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

In leu of the Clone war stuff have you thought about trying to Convert the At-RT to a Clone wars version? Should be cool and I can't imagine it being to difficult as long as you can find a decent replacement model for the Driver

Nah, Mel already announced a suitable Clone rider, so I can wait!

;)

Just now, Agis said:

Nah, Mel already announced a suitable Clone rider, so I can wait!

;)

Haha yea Mel is Awesome, I look forward to seeing it! (If you couldn't guess I Love Clones)

On 8/4/2018 at 6:19 AM, Agis said:

Luke and two Trooper (Imperial Assaul  t   ) are getting into it in front of the “Desert Habitat” - right out of Ep. IV!

Just a random commment to say that the IA Luke miniature is one of the best miniatures I’ve ever seen and painted. It’s not that the details are exquisitely done but the pose and the overall impression that the miniature gives is EXACTLY the impression of Luke blasting away at Vader after he kills Obi Wan. I don’t know if it’s the stance or the way his clothes are hanging or what but I feel it is really expressive.

Another, maybe even better Obi Wan is from Skullforge Studios! Dynamic pose, flowing robe, crisp Clone armour, I like the sculpt.
Shapeways model in Smoothest Fine Detail, still some rough spots though...

CT_Obi_Wan_Kenobi_in_CT_armour.jpg

as always, more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Now you just need Durge and you can do the battle of muunilist from Gendy Tartakovsky's series

Ahh the cartoon series, those were the days... ;)

Skullforge also has mudtroopers