Agis' Star Wars Legion minis (2)

By Agis, in Painting

21 hours ago, Jabby said:

Skullforge also has mudtroopers

Already ordered and received! Splendid miniatures!

The paint job on ALL of your miniatures looks amazing. You have quite the talent. Thank you for posting your Clones, it makes it an easier decision on whether or not I should buy them.

Your Shore Troopers are awesome. I look forward to more posts.

Rogue_One_Heroes_1.jpg
From left to right Jeron Andor Cassian, Jyn Erso and K-2SO.
Incredible good minis from Skullforge Studois.

more on my site (including a 3 minis in diffrerent angles): http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Edited by Agis

Very impressive! ?

What do you do in order to prep the figures for painting - your painted figures look very clean/smooth surface - how do you achieve that look?

17 hours ago, Agis said:

Rogue_One_Heroes_1.jpg
From left to right Jeron Andor Cassian, Jyn Erso and K-2SO.
Incredible good minis from Skullforge Studois.

more on my site (including a 3 minis in diffrerent angles): http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

1 hour ago, MicroManager said:

Very impressive! ?

What do you do in order to prep the figures for painting - your painted figures look very clean/smooth surface - how do you achieve that look?

If what you mean is the primer then i have found army painter to be very gritty and citadel to be better.

2 hours ago, Jabby said:

If what you mean is the primer then i have found army painter to be very gritty and citadel to be better.

What I meant was that most printed figures are somewhat grainy and Agis' superbly painted miniatures look rather smooth, and I was wondering how much cleaning up/prepping it took to achieve such smooth finish. ?

OK, the preparation process is quiet "painful".

Only choose the most expensive material - smoothest fine detail.

Rub every spot that got printlines with a softmetal brush and mineral oil. It gets a bit smoother.

Clean the mini for 15 - 30 Mins in Isopropanol with an Ultarsonic cleaner. Rinse in very warm water and brush again with an old soft toothbrush.

Prime with Tamiya Fine Surface primer.

And finally get painting….

Yes it is a pain deep down were you can't scratch, but IMO it is worth it!

Thank your for your guide - your minis looks stunning, definately gonna try it out.

Is an Ultrasonic cleaner a must? Do you have any recommandations regarding the choice of soft metal brushes?

23 hours ago, MicroManager said:

Thank your for your guide - your minis looks stunning, definately gonna try it out.

Is an Ultrasonic cleaner a must? Do you have any recommandations regarding the choice of soft metal brushes?

IMO you can't go wrong with an Ultrasonic cleaner, I also use it to clean up resin etc.

Brush - I use a soft brass brush from a Dremel.

Fyi mel now has clone commanders. Cant wait to see those painted up

Really wish people would put these models out there so those of us with good printers could make them:(

"I'm not a terrorist. I'm a patriot. And resistance is not terrorism." ―Saw Gerrera

Saw Gerrera was a human male Onderonian resistance fighter who, as a leading member of the Onderon rebels, fought against the Confederacy of Independent Systems on Onderon during the Clone Wars. He and his sister, Steela Gerrera, were instrumental in the rebel liberation of their homeworld during the Onderonian Civil War. He later became a key member in the fight against the Galactic Empire and the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. His tactics against the Empire led him to be seen as an extremist, one whose notoriety was recognized by the Empire and, many years later, the New Republic. - from SW Wikia

Rogue_One_Saw_Gerrera.jpg
Not only is Saw Gerrera one of my favourite R1 characters, the Shapeways mini by Skull Forge is just breathtaking good.
A true masterpiece that shows what can be accomplished today. Below is a group shot with other R1 chars.
Rogue_One_Saw_Gerrera_Group.jpg

more pics on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

You’re paint jobs are out of his world, I constantly floored with your work!

Big thanks, but honestly with great sculpts like the work of Skull Forge and Mel, it is just so much fun.

Will you be painting up any clone commanders from mel?

4 hours ago, Jabby said:

Will you be painting up any clone commanders from mel?

YES! Cody, Wolffe, Bacara and Bly are already in the Isopropinol bath...

:)

Your Shoretroopers look amazing.

I really like the sculpts from Skull Forge Studios and I hoped he had made some heavy unit options, as you can buy 5 unique figures for now. I guess some carefully done weapon swaps could work.

Can not wait to see your work on the Clone Commanders.

These Shoretroopers are amazing! What colours/washes have you used for the theme?

16 hours ago, ThumperLOLZ said:

These Shoretroopers are amazing! What colours/washes have you used for the theme?

Thanks! :)

Trouser: Citadel Steel Legion Drab, shade of Citadel Agrax, after that Steel Legion Drab again with more and more white mixed in.

Beige Armour: Vallejo Iraqui Sand, shade of Citadel Agrax, after that Iraqui Sand again with more and more white mixed in. Edges pure white.

The red is Citadel Mephistion Red, the light blue Citadel Temple Guard blue with some white added.

SOLO Swamp Trooper

Swamp_trooper__1.jpg
Swamp or Mud Trooper from Skull Forge!
The mini is as good as all sculpts from Skull Forge, unfortunately my primer was cracking on some places.

The result was the extra dirty dried swamp look. I decided to keep it, 2 other minis are in their Aceton bath atm...
;)

more : http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

And another Swamp Trooper:
Swamp_trooper__2.jpg
Smoother surface = better paintjob! :)

I also finished Baze Malbus from Rogue One!
R1_Baze_Malbus_1.jpg

The merry band of rebels is growing…
R1_Baze_Malbus_group.jpg

more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Oh - before anyone is asking: the gun magazine on Baze heavy blaster is a conversion, the ammo feed was really nice but broke away, it was sturdy enough I was just a bit clumsy...

So a GW part has to stand in, still looks heavy enough to me. ;)

A Heer 46 Ewok! Nice addition to every Endor table. Means a lot from me since I really dislike Ewoks... ;)
Heer_46_Ewok_1.jpg

And some terrain!
I recently discovered Corvus games Terrain, the company mostly offers stl files, but print some physical models.
The Pilgrim City terrain interested me and I ordered some! So sooner or later I can play on a Jedha City table!
Corvus_Games_Terrain_Pilgrim_City_1.jpg
Corvus Games Terrain Pilgrim City (Jedha) building, right out of the printer, minimal priming and an easy paintjob.
The terrain is HIGHLY recommended!

Corvus_Games_Terrain_Pilgrim_City_2.jpg
And a scale shot with a Legion Trooper and a Skull Forge Rebel!

and as always, more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Edited by Agis

Finished my 3rd Swamp trooper! I really like this one, classic squad leader pose.
:)
Swamp_trooper__3.jpg

And a nice scenic shot of the whole bunch so far.
Swamp_trooper__scenic_1.jpg

as always, more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html