Agis' Star Wars Legion minis (2)

By Agis, in Painting

Now in the right sub forum!
Some more minis.
SWL_Rebels_and_Trooper.jpg
I worked on some more Rebels. Even bigger than Rex! The trooper left is the Legion Duros trooper with a head swap and some extra shoulder pads, the right trooper received a heroic scale Statuesque female head.
Works fine IMO since the coat is so formless it could also be a female under it. ;)
SWL_Rex_and_two.jpg
And my favourte mini mix so far:
Imperial_Assault_Ashoka_and_Rebels.jpg
Chopper, Ashoka, Rex and Hera!
More pics and more comparison pics are on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

Incredible work? Where can I get a female head? And are there any good IA alien heads? Only duros kind of cracks me. I want more aliens!!

The Ion trooper and that aiming trooper in the rebel units are female anyways. But I like the new head you gave her.

For heads I can suggest Mad Robot Minis, Anvilindustries and for females Statuesque (heroic scale, they got also more natural scaled heads).

Alien heads, try and get any of the old WotC bendy plastic minis! ;)

2 hours ago, Patteous said:

The Ion trooper and that aiming trooper in the rebel units are female anyways. But I like the new head you gave her.

Ion Trooper female? Wasn't sure to be honest...

2 minutes ago, Agis said:

Ion Trooper female? Wasn't sure to be honest...

Yeah. The chin is a little slimmer and there’s a small swoop of hair that comes down out of the helmet.

He, he, thanks folks!
An extra day off is always welcome, I used the time to finish the 1st Rebel squad:
SWL_Rebel_Squad_1.jpg
I even took some extra time to create a nice scenic shot, Lens flare and all...
SWL_Rebel_Squad_1scenic.jpg

Crackin paint scheme and application.

I thought I did decent work...

**** me. I wish I could achieve that level. :lol:

Excellent work!

Thanks folks! Next weekend the first couple of Storm Troopers will be painted.

And the WIP conversions for the next Rebel squad.

Rebels_Sq2_WIP.jpg
Left: Head swap with Statuesque minis, bottle, helmet from Victoria minis.
Leader: bendy WotC head, Grenades and arms from GW IG
Right: extra shoulder pads from Anvil Industries.
:)

Wow, that's great!

Looks amazing, superb work!

SWL_Empire_Squad_1.jpg
The Empire Storm Trooper are nice overall minis, IMO a bit tall (even taller than the Rebels).
As with my Rebels I did not use the cone-like FFG bases but flatter 25mm plastic bases.
SWL_Empire_Squad_1_scenic.jpg

The stormies’ leader looks like he needs a face mask to be rid of those dark circle under the eyes

1 hour ago, Agis said:
SWL_Empire_Squad_1.jpg
The Empire Storm Trooper are nice overall minis, IMO a bit tall (even taller than the Rebels).
As with my Rebels I did not use the cone-like FFG bases but flatter 25mm plastic bases.
SWL_Empire_Squad_1_scenic.jpg

Brilliantly painted but can I ask, is it intentional the lower eye rim is black? Guy on the right looks right?

Might be an intended scheme which is fair enough .

Very crisp and clean paint job. Just simply amazing, well done.

Thanks folks, and yes the eyes are intended.

I am still unsure which looks better - white rim or dark grey rim.

10 hours ago, Agis said:

Thanks folks, and yes the eyes are intended.

I am still unsure which looks better - white rim or dark grey rim.

My vote is for white rim - or at least, a much lighter grey.

SWL_Rebel_fem_con1.jpg
The female “aiming” Rebel conversion for the next Rebel squad painted.
Works for me...
:)

Legion - Clone Wars
Soon after the arrival of Legion some back market models appeared, first scenery, then head swap conversion parts and finally full models.
I was pleased to see that Mel (see my X-Wing models) is also doing some very good Clone Trooper!

So time to paint some!
CT_501st_2.jpg
From left to right, Phase II CT with DC-15S blaster carbine, ARC Trooper (maybe Rex?) and Phase II CT with DC-15A Blaster Rifle. So models are of good quality (the sculpts are in fact flawless), but some print lines appear and need to be carefully removed wherever possible. They are painted in the colours of Rex’s 501st Legion.

The always welcome comparison picture:
CT_501st_2comp.jpg
From left to right, FFG Legion Trooper, Phase II CT with DC-15A Blaster Rifle ARC Trooper and FFG Heavy Trooper.

As you can see the Mel CTs are more realistic proportioned, while FFG has the chunky “heroic” scale GW look. Both are nice models by themselves!
I am planning to paint 2 or 3 Clone squads and some corresponding lists for my Victory Decision Future Combat system.

more: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

As far as my wishes are concerned, I would like to see more Clone era models before going to Ep. IV and beyond.

Advanced Recon Force trooper 499?cb=20070112055826

Biker Advanced Recon Commando 500?cb=20140907234057

Commandos 500?cb=20150308203339

Clone flametrooper 500?cb=20130301020410

Clone Jetpack Trooper 150?cb=20170812194018

Clone Para!!! 350?cb=20170608223107

Scout 500?cb=20070224015723

Galactic Marines 500?cb=20130208041559

Spec Ops Clones 500?cb=20120910041804

(See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Special_ops_clone_trooper )

And of course some famous Clone Commanders:

CC-1138 "Bacara" who led the Galactic Marines 350?cb=20130317191648

CC-1004 "Gree" 500?cb=20100110053604

CT-7567, nicknamed "Rex," 501st!!! 248?cb=20150608035048 266?cb=20120612164141

CC-2224, nicknamed "Cody," clone marshal commander of the 7th Sky Corps 120?cb=20120202000042

All of those are coming soon :)