BattleScribe Updates for Legion!

By Dr Lucky, in Star Wars: Legion

3 hours ago, Thalandar said:

They take effect 9/6

Not for tournaments. Any units and changes to the RRG take effect eleven days after the release for those.

This is disappointing to hear. I use battlescribe to validate tournament lists. I have a tournament I am running on September 27, and my players are practicing for this tournament. I need an up to date, valid army builder. If battlescribe is not going to do this I will have to find a different resource. Its a shame I really liked your format. I really hope you reconsider. I understand your position, but you have to understand mine as well. Luck in the future

The changes are effective a week from today, September 12th, so there isn't much of a reason for anyone not to update.

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

The changes are effective a week from today, September 12th, so there isn't much of a reason for anyone not to update.

Thats my point. I have players who are playing practice games this weekend for my up coming tournament. Be nice to have an army builder to help. Going to be a pain in the butt validating tournament lists by hand.

23 hours ago, Integrale069 said:

It'll probably update when all the changes have been announced on Friday but I'll be holding off updating till the changes are mandatory.

I'm also in a league for the next few weeks so will keep one app on the old points for that till it ends

Looks like all changes take place on the 12th of Sept (next Friday), at least according to the RRG update, which is out (accidentally I think).

Edit: sorry that’s next Thursday. 🙄

Edited by JediPartisan
13 hours ago, Thalandar said:

This is disappointing to hear. I use battlescribe to validate tournament lists. I have a tournament I am running on September 27, and my players are practicing for this tournament. I need an up to date, valid army builder. If battlescribe is not going to do this I will have to find a different resource. Its a shame I really liked your format. I really hope you reconsider. I understand your position, but you have to understand mine as well. Luck in the future

A reminder that the Battlescribe updates are just the work of fellow community member, and anyone can use Battlescribe to do these updates themselves if they want.

Battlescribe is just the tool and none of the ad or subscription revenue goes to the guy who volunteers his time to create and update data files.

I don't think the kind of pressure you are applying here is healthy.

18 hours ago, Thalandar said:

I'm not really sure who you're talking to here. I'm the person who wrote the BattleScribe files for Legion, I'm the one who has made every update to them, and I never said they weren't going to get updated. If you've got concerns, PM me or something. Your approach seems weirdly confrontational given I haven't even weighed in on this.

In fact, the files are updated (which I feel a little guilty about frankly, because I still haven't finished the Armada updates for the SSD but those are taking forever and this took barely an hour). I was waiting until the actual RRG doc came out, which I expected would be tomorrow, but it was today.

I pushed the most recent BattleScribe update a few hours ago. It takes a little while for the data hosting site to get it live but it will be up by morning. It includes all the errata and points changes from RRG 1.5.1, all the cards spoiled from the stream (I think, let me know if I missed any), and removing the "unreleased" markings and classification from all the cards in the Shoretroopers expansion. As usual, let me know if you find any typos or other mistakes.

Edited by Dr Lucky

Once again thanks Dr Lucky!

On 9/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, Integrale069 said:

It'll probably update when all the changes have been announced on Friday but I'll be holding off updating till the changes are mandatory.

I'm also in a league for the next few weeks so will keep one app on the old points for that till it ends

I was responding to this post. I dont follow this community enough to know who does what or whos who. Obviously, a misunderstanding so my apologies to Dr Lucky. I appreciate all you do.

1 minute ago, Thalandar said:

I was responding to this post. I dont follow this community enough to know who does what or whos who. Obviously, a misunderstanding so my apologies to Dr Lucky. I appreciate all you do.

I misunderstood that post to be from the creator/updater of the Legion Battlescribe files as well. Now I realize he's just saying he won't update his person files on his device.

Just now, arnoldrew said:

I misunderstood that post to be from the creator/updater of the Legion Battlescribe files as well. Now I realize he's just saying he won't update his person files on his device.

Right? Hopefully Dr Lucky will forgive me for momentarily turning to the darkside. In my defense, they said they had cookies. They lied.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, thepopemobile100 said:

Not for tournaments. Any units and changes to the RRG take effect eleven days after the release for those.

Can you reference this? What I am seeing in the tournament regulations thec11 day rule is for legal product release. It doesn't say anything about rules releases. The upcoming rrg lists a effective day of 9/12/19

Nothing to add except a huge THANK YOU to @Dr Lucky for the incredible amount of commitment and work he's put into this lonely and uncompensated venture. I hardly have time for a weekly game, and I wouldn't have even that without the Legion Battlescribe data.

I made a minor update to add R2-D2 and the other revealed Escape Pod cards, and correct a typo or two.

Just thought I'd post here; the TX-130 Saber Tank for the Republic looks like it doesn't currently have a unit cost listed

6 hours ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

Just thought I'd post here; the TX-130 Saber Tank for the Republic looks like it doesn't currently have a unit cost listed

So it doesn't. I'll fix that. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

So it doesn't. I'll fix that. Thanks!

No worries :)

Thanks for staying up to date with releases; Battlescribe is an awesome resource!

I tried battlescribe. Can’t stand it. It updates every time I change pages.

6 hours ago, Packerman29 said:

I tried battlescribe. Can’t stand it. It updates every time I change pages.

Not sure what you mean? I have it on every device, and works like a charm.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Apparently I can’t download the latest version on one of my devices, so I can’t get the latest database files. 😢

Edited by JediPartisan
On 9/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

No worries :)

Thanks for staying up to date with releases; Battlescribe is an awesome resource!

If you update your data, it should be fixed now.

Just a quick update: I moved all the stuff from the initial Clone Wars releases off of "unreleased" status, added all the spoilers from Monday's preview article, and fixed a small reported typo.

Go ahead and update your data and you should get all the new stuff.

Is there a way to download Battlescribe and it has the legion files already...kinda like Legion AB?

2 hours ago, Uchidan1 said:

Is there a way to download Battlescribe and it has the legion files already...kinda like Legion AB?

Not really, but it's a pretty simple process to do it the normal way.

BattleScribe is a generic universal list builder, so you can use it for just about any game, and for more than one at a time. You just need the app itself along with catalogues for the games you play.

You can get the app itself on Google Play (Android), the App Store (iPhone), or at www.battlescribe.net (PC and Mac desktop).

Once you've got the app, you just need to point it to the catalogues you want. Most of them are hosted at battlescribedata.appspot.com , including the files for Legion. If you let it, the app can actually periodically check for updated data when you launch it, so you don't need to do a bunch of manual updating (though some choose to).

It's really not tough and it is nice to be able to use the same program for multiple games. It's also nice because you only need a data connection for the occasional catalogue updates - you can list-build offline.

/mildpanic

The Legion Repository for BattleScribe has gone. Is it down for updates?

On 10/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, Dr Lucky said:

Just a quick update: I moved all the stuff from the initial Clone Wars releases off of "unreleased" status, added all the spoilers from Monday's preview article, and fixed a small reported typo.

Go ahead and update your data and you should get all the new stuff.

Greetings! I have a request. Would it be possible to add the leaked Command Cards for Captain Rex and Count Dooku? Post with card text can be found here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/301241-captain-rex-commands/?do=findComment&comment=3808245

It would be awesome if you can. I plan to proxy Rex and Saber tank into my army.

Cheers! Aim True and May the Force be with You.