Genesys Master Resources List

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

I have created some NPC cards with pictures from the game and the internet. They are google slides files and I can allow access if people are interested in collaborating on completing or adding to them. I don't have photoshop and I thought slides would be a good easy access alternative. If you would like editing access please let me know. I will be working on filing in characters as I go.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OYm9iF9H29j42W4_J0VNI6cloEmfb3fU?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, CaptainHilts said:

I have created some NPC cards with pictures from the game and the internet. They are google slides files and I can allow access if people are interested in collaborating on completing or adding to them. I don't have photoshop and I thought slides would be a good easy access alternative. If you would like editing access please let me know. I will be working on filing in characters as I go.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OYm9iF9H29j42W4_J0VNI6cloEmfb3fU?usp=sharing

Can you make a forum post that I can link to instead of a direct link?

26 minutes ago, CaptainHilts said:

Thread I mean

13 hours ago, CaptainHilts said:

That's an interesting conversion of the card templates I made. Would you rather have a version without the Genesys logo on the right side ? It could get in the way of the text you'd write there.

Yes that would be cool.Thanks for making the original. And I know it would look way better in Photoshop but maybe this will lower the technology bar a little for more people to contribute. If you have a google account and wish to contribute, let me know.

everything should be updated!

5 hours ago, CaptainHilts said:

Yes that would be cool.Thanks for making the original. And I know it would look way better in Photoshop but maybe this will lower the technology bar a little for more people to contribute. If you have a google account and wish to contribute, let me know.

THere is now a "Blank Texture" in the Template PNGs of my google Drive. That should do the trick.

11 hours ago, Korlall said:

THere is now a "Blank Texture" in the Template PNGs of my google Drive. That should do the trick.

Do you happen to have the Blank Texture as a full page size rather than the card style?

3 hours ago, Khaalis said:

Do you happen to have the Blank Texture as a full page size rather than the card style?

I don't. When I made this template, I simply made 2 squares and repeated them to fill the space and thus, creating the background. But there is one that is similar to what you're asking in the Discord server.

5s6VJkT.png

Edited by Korlall
1 hour ago, Korlall said:

I don't. When I made this template, I simply made 2 squares and repeated them to fill the space and thus, creating the background. But there is one that is similar to what you're asking in the Discord server.

Ok, ho do you find resources on the Discord? Would this be buried somewhere in the Art R&D thread?

Just now, Khaalis said:

Ok, ho do you find resources on the Discord? Would this be buried somewhere in the Art R&D thread?

Many stuff can be found on the Discord server. In that case, I think it was in the Art channel yes... or maybe General. But such stuff is usually pinned so it's easy to find.

8 minutes ago, Korlall said:

Many stuff can be found on the Discord server. In that case, I think it was in the Art channel yes... or maybe General. But such stuff is usually pinned so it's easy to find.

Thanks. I managed to find the pinned piece.

9 hours ago, Khaalis said:

The character sheet PDF from FFG is editable (not locked down) if you have Acrobat Pro. The background can just be snatched out.

Edited by BrashFink

I'm not too sure where to post this, but I went ahead and created my little setting. Which is a Low-Tech High-Magic Steampunk Setting, or what I'm simply calling magepunk. It's a post-apocalyptic setting that takes place in North America after the fall of all civilization. Monsters are real, Magic is real and freedom and liberty is at all time low. Everyone wants to own you or have you dead.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZUtKrjM4CiqI4ECgdyTZo1ndi4dUd2sC

In the setting I have included / altered, want to share in case any other GMs needed inspiration:

1. Added Alchemy rules
  2. Knowledge is broken out to four different knowledges
    1. Knowledge: Mortality -> Geography, History, Languages, Literature, Political Science, Philosophy and Theology. All knowledges and things regarding mortals and their society.
    2. Knowledge: Natural -> Sciences, such as Agricultural, Biology, Ecology, Chemistry, Geology, Meteorology, and Physics.
    3. Knowledge: Paranormal ->This centers around the super natural forces of the world, such as the Arcana, Divine and Primal forces..ghosts..spirits
    4. Knowledge: Systems -> Knowledge which stems from predictable and repeatable patterns and various man-made applications. Examples include, but not limited to, Construction, Law and etc
  3. Added the Enchantment spell
  4. Added the Transmogrify spell
  5. Added the Augur Spell
  6. Incorporated many talents from the "Expanded Talent" pdf version 1.1, a few talents from the community that weren't in the expanded talent pdf, and my own talents.
  7. New Careers with random loot tables for starting kicks.
  8. New Weapons that may inspire you!
  9. New Vehicles

Used a lot of artwork from:

• Eyardt on Deviant Art: Shattered RPG
  • Jacob Rozalssi
  • Tried to credit artists whenever possible.
Edited by rikrokola
forgot to add stuff.
On 1/3/2018 at 0:12 AM, rikrokola said:

I'm not too sure where to post this, but I went ahead and created my little setting. Which is a Low-Tech High-Magic Steampunk Setting, or what I'm simply calling magepunk. It's a post-apocalyptic setting that takes place in North America after the fall of all civilization. Monsters are real, Magic is real and freedom and liberty is at all time low. Everyone wants to own you or have you dead.

Used a lot of artwork from:

• Eyardt on Deviant Art: Shattered RPG
  • Jacob Rozalssi
  • Tried to credit artists whenever possible.

could you please:

• add chapter bookmarks
  • use a Black colored type instead one of Grey, which gives eyecancer
Edited by Terefang

Regarding the background I have this, but I don't remember where I got this from. Either the forums or Discord. It's just Korlall's image doubled up I guess.

background.jpg

Edited by siabrac
On 1/3/2018 at 0:12 AM, rikrokola said:

Added the Transmogrify spell

Transmogrify; verb (used with object) , transmogrified, transmogrifying.

1. to change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely

me thinks "Transmutation" does fit better:

Transmutation; noun

1. the act or process of transmuting.
  2. the fact or state of being transmuted.
  3. change into another nature, substance, form, or condition.
  4. Biology. the transformation of one species into another.
  5. Physics. any process in which a nuclide is transformed into a different nuclide, usually one of a different element.
  6. Alchemy. the supposed conversion of base metals into metals of greater value, especially into gold or silver.

Is there a blank, form-fillable talent pyramid anywhere?

17 hours ago, Terefang said:

could you please:

• add chapter bookmarks
  • use a Black colored type instead one of Grey, which gives eyecancer

Thanks for the feed back on the font color, I perceive color differently than most and have different sensitivities when it comes to brightness. I'm not too sure how to add chapter bookmarks, but I did put them in a footer until I figure out a way where I can.

9 hours ago, Terefang said:

Transmogrify; verb (used with object) , transmogrified, transmogrifying.

1. to change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely

me thinks "Transmutation" does fit better:

I had a struggle with this, but I went with Transmogrify for a few different reasons. One of which, when rereading the book, I didn't do a great job explaining the Transmogrify better or capturing the "fluff". But when a spell caster does perform the spell successfully, it is not a pretty sight and makes things worse or weird. Which is represented by the default Inferior rating when that happens. Additionally, it gives this kind of retro feel that isn't a fantasy setting.

Anywho, I noticed that whole thing and updated the book significantly with better font color and more pictures. Also made sure the tables in the book looked to be a-okay. Also added Spell Jam spell which is about breaking enchantments and implements which are links between the material world and the magical/spirit world.

Again, I can't say thank you enough for your simple feedback. If you want to discuss more, just DM me.

Edited by rikrokola
14 hours ago, rikrokola said:

Thanks for the feed back on the font color, I perceive color differently than most and have different sensitivities when it comes to brightness. I'm not too sure how to add chapter bookmarks, but I did put them in a footer until I figure out a way where I can.

did you update the link above? since the document available there has still a font color of #404040.

2 hours ago, Toppe said:

fillable character sheet

i still have problems with german translations (qv. the infamous Feder & Schwert Translation of Vampire/World of Darkness)

even though "soak -> aufsaugen -> absorption" is technically correct, woudnt be "RĂ¼stung" more applicable?

Edited by Terefang
12 minutes ago, Terefang said:

i still have problems with german translations (qv. the infamous Feder & Schwert Translation of Vampire/World of Darkness)

even though "soak -> aufsaugen -> absorption" is technically correct, woudnt be "RĂ¼stung" more applicable?

I can understand your concerns. As the translation of the Star Wars books is done by Ulisses Spiele i used their SW Sheet as reference

http://www.ulisses-spiele.de/download/2024/ARdI-Charakterbogen_db16.pdf

Edited by Toppe

Azzmodeous and I have created a new Genesys Podcast called Finding The Narrative: A Genesys RPG Podcast if you'd like to add it to the list!

http://findingthenarrativepodcast.podbean.com/

Edited by Zszree