Genesys Master Resources List

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

Ah, I see your point. It's under Wounds AND under strain suggesting that you can actually use it twice per character each encounter which is indeed wrong.

Edited by siabrac

Actually, the strain version in the second instance makes to seem like you can use the Medicine skill to heal strain directly, which is false.

6 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

Under Spending Advantage & Triumphs: the free manuvuer for 2 threats is an incidental and can exceed the 2 manuvuer/round rule.

The wording is a little wonky, so I can understand the confusion, but the cheat sheet is correct here. Pg 104 in the chart, "Perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the limit of two maneuvers per turn."

Works the same way in Star Wars.

1 hour ago, daddystabz said:

Take a look at the cheat sheet under the heading Healing Strain. It is different.

I looked at this, on pg. 116 it says you can make a medicine check to heal wounds and strain. It's not under the strain header though. I don't see the problem in the sheet? Could you elaborate? Perhaps the mistake is thinking the sheet meant you could do 2 different medicine checks.

The only "mistake" on the sheet I can find is the aiming for body parts/locations.

Edited by Kuhal

What do you mean by directly, it's the exact same wording as under Wounds, isn`'t it?

48 minutes ago, Doctor Xerox said:

The wording is a little wonky, so I can understand the confusion, but the cheat sheet is correct here. Pg 104 in the chart, "Perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the limit of two maneuvers per turn."

Works the same way in Star Wars.

We've been discussing this on the discord server. I was referring to the threat table while the sheet is referring to the advantage table.

New version of the cheat in OP

Interesting; I allow the free maneuver by spending two threat to exceed the 2 maneuvers per turn limit because it's not your turn. It's the other guy's turn.

That's how I read that, anyway.

4 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

Interesting; I allow the free maneuver by spending two threat to exceed the 2 maneuvers per turn limit because it's not your turn. It's the other guy's turn.

That's how I read that, anyway.

And in the threat table it's say manuver as an incidental, so I wouldn't count is toward the maximum

Edited by SkyJedi

This discussion appears to be the sort of thing that would benefit from a new thread instead of a side discussion in the GM Master Resources List, where it will become lost and muddy the topic.

Edited by themensch
time for a new typist

updated fillable character sheets

9 hours ago, Kuhal said:

I looked at this, on pg. 116 it says you can make a medicine check to heal wounds and strain. It's not under the strain header though. I don't see the problem in the sheet? Could you elaborate? Perhaps the mistake is thinking the sheet meant you could do 2 different medicine checks.

The only "mistake" on the sheet I can find is the aiming for body parts/locations.

The wording in the 'Healing Strain' section is misleading. It states: "A character may receive ONE Medicine check per encounter to heal Strain. Difficulty is based on the chart below. On success, a target heals wounds equal to success and strain equal to advantage." This gives the false impression that you can make a Medicince check specifically for Strain. Healing strain is a by-product of trying to heal wounds. You cannot heal strain directly with a successful Medicine check.

1 minute ago, daddystabz said:

The wording in the 'Healing Strain' section is misleading. It states: "A character may receive ONE Medicine check per encounter to heal Strain. Difficulty is based on the chart below. On success, a target heals wounds equal to success and strain equal to advantage." This gives the false impression that you can make a Medicince check specifically for Strain. Healing strain is a by-product of trying to heal wounds. You cannot heal strain directly with a successful Medicine check.

move this to another thread please

I love the master list idea. I created a list of poisons and talents associated if you would like to add it to the list.

3 hours ago, gelatinouse octohedron said:

I love the master list idea. I created a list of poisons and talents associated if you would like to add it to the list.

Added

I was not able to find the fonts - symbolITCbyCT Book - in the font list you have - PS asks for it at opening

Please add to the list

I've been working on a custom Archetype. I'd love to submit it when I'm done. I basically just need to wow up some flavor text, but I have it statted.

I'm curious if anyone has done any work to convert feats from dungeons and dragons into talents? I thought this could be useful for fantasy buffs. I'm only familiar with 3.5 but possibly 5th edition might have similar things as well.

I would like to submit for inclusion my finished initial Twilight Imperium conversion for my campaign from THIS THREAD

HERE is a link to the PDF.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, SkyJedi said:

What did you change?

32 minutes ago, yeti1069 said:

What did you change?

I just updated the links, for a changelog please see the discord server

On 12/26/2017 at 1:16 PM, BrashFink said:

I would like to submit for inclusion my finished initial Twilight Imperium conversion for my campaign from THIS THREAD

I haven't forgot about you

On 12/26/2017 at 1:16 PM, BrashFink said:

5 hours ago, genXesis said:

Here's a link to the Dragonlance setting I've been working on.

And here is the thread I'll continue to update, it's a WIP.

done and done

On 12/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, SkyJedi said:

Would you be able to add a page for Magic? I would do it myself, but I have zero experience assembling a PDF.

I'm thinking it would look a bit like [_] denote fillable spaces:

MAGIC

[Spell Name] Concentration? [_] Skills: [___] [Difficulty] [Effect_________]

Additional Effects

+[Difficulty] [Name] [Effect_____________]

MAGIC

[Spell Name] Concentration? [_] Skills: [___] [Difficulty] [Effect_________]

Additional Effects

10 hours ago, yeti1069 said:

Would you be able to add a page for Magic? I would do it myself, but I have zero experience assembling a PDF.

I didn't make it, I just linked it. I believe someone in the Discord Server made it