Compendium of UK Armada Events 2018

By Mad Cat, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Thanks for the above all really helpful, are the store tournaments / games pretty easy going to newbies?

Just thinking It might be the first actual game vs someone other than myself

I have heard Vassal mentioned but not really looked into it too much yet

30 minutes ago, botfng said:

Thanks for the above all really helpful, are the store tournaments / games pretty easy going to newbies?

Usually, yes. One of the things I love about the Armada community is its willingness to help newer players. Best way to learn is rock up to a tournament and dive in. Just let your opponent know you don't have much experience and imo they are always helpful in letting you take your time, correcting any rules you get wrong and giving advice.

18 hours ago, Kendraam said:

Usually, yes. One of the things I love about the Armada community is its willingness to help newer players. Best way to learn is rock up to a tournament and dive in. Just let your opponent know you don't have much experience and imo they are always helpful in letting you take your time, correcting any rules you get wrong and giving advice.

I can confirm that. I experienced that when I was new player and I always give some tips to those who just started and want to learn.

On 5/31/2018 at 2:29 PM, botfng said:

I find Armadas can actually be pretty forgiving in some strange way. And as long as it's not a regional or higher level tournament I'm sure you'll find players willing to be patient and forgiving. I know I am! (For the selfish reason of hoping they are the same to me :P)

On 5/31/2018 at 2:29 PM, botfng said:

How easy is it for you to get to Chelmsford on a Wednesday night? There's a few people who play Armada at the bunker club

https://www.chelmsfordbunker.co.uk/

Most (all!) of the chatting / aranging games is done on Facebook or WhatsApp and not the forum.....

edit - As a club very friendly and helpful...just be on your guard otherwise you end up buying a dozen games and running out of time to play them ?

Edited by slasher956
On 6/4/2018 at 2:16 PM, slasher956 said:

How easy is it for you to get to Chelmsford on a Wednesday night? There's a few people who play Armada at the bunker club

https://www.chelmsfordbunker.co.uk/

Most (all!) of the chatting / aranging games is done on Facebook or WhatsApp and not the forum..... 

edit - As a club very friendly and helpful...just be on your guard otherwise you end up buying a dozen games and running out of time to play the  m ?

Thanks for that.

It is doable as is just over an hour away from work but much closer to home

Spotted the Fbook group so have requested to join and will check it out

Alpha games in Stevenage have announced a store championship on 21/7/18.

9 minutes ago, Dr alex said:

Alpha games in Stevenage have announced a store championship on 21/7/18.

Think this is Bury St Edmonds

Oops, yes it is

So Nationals are played over Friday and Saturday? No games on Sunday? Was it the same last year? Looks like one has to take leave at work to attend ?

8 hours ago, noggin said:

So Nationals are played over Friday and Saturday? No games on Sunday? Was it the same last year?

Yep, same last year. The main event was on the Friday (5 rounds - fun day), then the top cut and some side events on Saturday (both a Take the Station tournament and 4-person mini-tournaments iirc) and some side stuff on Sunday.

OK, so I bought ticket for Nationals. Is anyone interested to team up for hostel?

Hi there, (EDIT)

Just like to add a Star Wars armada store championship at York TRAVELING MAN on Saturday the 4th of August. ticket cost £5 Registration 10am, start time 10:30 am

Facebook link here https://www.facebook.com/events/278235719587222/

Edited by Jammers

IBuyWargames in Woking is having their Store Championship on 18 August: https://www.facebook.com/events/483754265397443

Dark Sphere, London, are planning to hold one but are still asking around to find the best date.

A couple more Scottish events to add, Edinburgh and Lanark:

The Alpha Games store championship has moved from Saturday 21st July to Sunday 22nd.

I don't seem able to gleam this information: the nationals are on the 24th, but the time given for the nationals event is the whole weekend (24th 7am - 26th 8pm). It would be nice to get the actual time so I can start planning the journey (tickets brought, just need to figure out the details.) If it really is a 7am start, it's a huge hassle and I'd like to know.

So does anyone know when the nationals start (time wise) and maybe end? or who should I contact to learn this infomation?

There's a "contact organiser" link on this page .