Compendium of UK Armada Events 2018

By Mad Cat, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

3 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Do you know what the level of play is like in Woking? Me and @Dr alex are dropping by and we dont want to bring uber competitive to a casual meta. We took what we thought were casual lists to a Nottingham regional only to find a 3 ship no bid few squads meta.....

Yeah, I don’t want my Tagge list to be unnecessarily competitive

8 minutes ago, Dr alex said:

Yeah, I don’t want my Tagge list to be unnecessarily competitive

I am considering Rapid Launch Bay Quantum Storm but it seems a bit gamey...

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Do you know what the level of play is like in Woking? Me and @Dr alex are dropping by and we dont want to bring uber competitive to a casual meta. We took what we thought were casual lists to a Nottingham regional only to find a 3 ship no bid few squads meta.....

Woking doesn't really have a meta, as there isn't much regular play there. There's a fairly wide range of lists and skill levels depending on who turns up - some of us go for competitive lists, some just put together whatever we have/looks fun. The last tournament I made it to there I brought an MSU list and went 9-2, 9-2, 1-10 - against fairly similar lists, but with different people behind them. Facebook says 7 people going at the moment, so probably a decent spread of abilities - but

If you are keen on winning, bring a competitive list - but be prepared to feel bad if you crush some people horribly. I'd suggest looking at it more as a chance to get in a few friendly (and hopefully fun) games, and try out some new stuff (particularly as they're using the new FAQ).

Sadly I'm stuck at work on Saturday... again.

Yeah, so I won with Tagge...

I told you, he's clearly overpowered. Don't you dare take him to Euro!

3 hours ago, Dr alex said:

I heard that Tagge was the winning Admiral from a friend who went. Brilliant.

16 hours ago, Dr alex said:

Was he actually useful?? Or just a sort of golf handicap for Armada?

20 minutes ago, Mundo said:

Was he actually useful?? Or just a sort of golf handicap for Armada?

In three games I reclaimed one defence token, however he made me play differently and may have made my opponents play differently too so I honestly don’t know if he was just 25 points of useless or not

6 hours ago, Dr alex said:

In three games I reclaimed one defence token, however he made me play differently and may have made my opponents play differently too so I honestly don’t know if he was just 25 points of useless or not

I find that when you handicap yourself you play to the max of every component rather than leaning on a crutch. So in this case learn the lessons from using him, but apply them to a list with a back up crutch admiral...

Armada tournament on 19th May at lost Ark Games Stevenage. Cheers

Announcing a

551c7e467c0476b808a4d8bda3ce8415.jpg

SpanishArmada_cropped.jpg

20thJoustLL.jpg

bandatat02.jpg

york-1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPq_GVLaOoIENkYg6FH_g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpjuq6N5wkwWKROXqGE4oDkBB-oRZZ4yPsmm9meeKg27p5Tgissg

May-day-calendar-574041.jpg

Apologies for the stammer half way through that sentence.

So we have a Star Wars Armada tournament at- at York on 12 May.

Taking place at the Travelling Man Store, 54 Goodramgate, YO1 7LF

https://www.facebook.com/events/2086246321654915/

10am registration.10:30 Kick-off. 3 rounds, 400 points, 10 places (we may be able to improve on that) EDIT : Now increased to 14 places.

Come along and win some Tie Phantom cards, Expanded Hangar Bays and fancy tokens.

Edited by Mad Cat

I'll take the extra effort to walk across the road from home to attend! Planning a more fun, less optimised list already.

Garel’s Honour

20 minutes ago, Dr alex said:

Garel’s Honour

Erm ok....

7 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Erm ok....

Mega bump!

15 hours ago, Dr alex said:

Garel’s Honour

And I hoped for some updates...

But I have one actually. Looks like one of the monthly events in Basingstoke was upgraded to Store Championships:

Sunday 1st July Armada Store Championship Firestormcards Basingstoke

Also @Mad Cat , could you please delete old events while updating first post?

There's a store tournament at Magic Madhouse June 23rd, East London.

There was also one this Saturday past (May 19th) just for the record...

@Zamalekite I found the link for Magic Madhouse.

@noggin I have cleared out the links for events older than a month. To stop this thread getting too long the plan now is to start another fresh one for 2019 events and another for 2020 etc.

Finally Congratulation to @Touston on victory at our York event on May 12. His winning list was:

395/400 Precision Strike , Capture the VIP , Superior Positions .
ISD-Cymoon, Thrawn , Strat Adviser, GT, Boosted Comms, DTTs,
Quasar-I, Squall, Boosted Comms
Gozanti Carrier, Boosted Comms, BCC
Dengar, Tempest, Rhymer, 9xTIE-B

Other Admirals in order were:

1 Thrawn, 2 Sato, 3 Rieekan, 4 Leia, 5 Rieekan, 6 Madine, 7 Motti, 8 Screed, 9 Thrawn, 10 Garm

Edited by Mad Cat

Hi

I am new to Armada and was wondering if anyone knew of any regular groups who play in the Cambridge / Essex area?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard!

Welcome.

Great place to ask that question. I'd also suggest facebook as a great resource for meeting new players, alot of the events posted here are copy and pasted straight over from FB.

Hopefully someone local to you can find the FLGS/Club/Groups you are looking for.

Whilst you look to build locally, Vassal is also a great place to meet and chat with players from around the globe and play them too.

6 hours ago, botfng said:

Hi

I am new to Armada and was wondering if anyone knew of any regular groups who play in the Cambridge / Essex area?

Thanks

Richard

Why hello there..... :D I'm pretty sure Stevenage have a regular Armada night as you seemed happy to do the train journey.

@Dr alex do you know anyone out that way?

Only us, though Athena Games in Norwich has regular events.

I’m in Northampton, Gink is beds. I go to Cambridge fairly regularly though

11 hours ago, botfng said:

Hi

Thanks

Richard

Welcome!

Wayland Games in Hockley, Essex have a regular monthly event. I only ever make a store champ generally as I live SE London, but it is a good setup for gaming:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1381644452057898&ref=content_filter

Also worth checking out Magic Madhouse in Stratford, East London (if not too far). They have started doing regular tournament events:

https://m.facebook.com/MagicMadhouseLDN/?tsid=0.8275450626210465&source=result

11 minutes ago, Mundo said:

Welcome!

Wayland Games in Hockley, Essex have a regular monthly event. I only ever make a store champ generally as I live SE London, but it is a good setup for gaming:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1381644452057898&ref=content_filter

Also worth checking out Magic Madhouse in Stratford, East London (if not too far). They have started doing regular tournament events:

https://m.facebook.com/MagicMadhouseLDN/?tsid=0.8275450626210465&source=result

And there is a tournament at Magic Madhouse on 23 June, so pretty soon.

https://m.facebook.com/events/170910566901449/?event_time_id=170910573568115&acontext={"action_history"%3A"[{\"surface\"%3A\"permalink\"%2C\"mechanism\"%3A\"child_time_series\"%2C\"extra_data\"%3A[]}]"}