Compendium of UK Armada Events 2018

By Mad Cat, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

From the article:

Having been part of the Asmodee Group since 2010, the move sees Esdevium matching their parent and sister companies across the world.

So this is (or should be) just a rebranding thing. They're not changing ownership or (probably) any of their structure/operations, just changing the name. They started this last month - that's why the website is redirecting and so on.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:29 PM, ManInTheBox said:

I spoke to the manager of Dark Sphere today (...)

Many thanks for update! It's a shame you can't make it.

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Many thanks for update! It's a shame you can't make it.

No more climbing to the top over my battered fleet! :D

20 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

No more climbing to the top over my battered fleet! :D

That wasn't my intention! Not at all! :lol:

We have a gnk tournament on March the 11th at element games in Stockport and usually 1 event a month

@Aresius look up like four posts.

Good, i will book my flight for London :).

Chimaera Nottingham have another store champ 17th Feb. Clashes with Cardiff Regionals.

The link says 19th as that is the week commencing date for the event. Just to confuse the website currently has it listed as both the 17th and 24th while Facebook shows just the 17th. I'll try and find out which is correct!

IBuyWargames has moved their Q1 Kit event to 14 April from 3 March, so it doesn't clash with the Dark Sphere Regional. Link still works, just the date that's changed.

1 hour ago, Grumbleduke said:

IBuyWargames has moved their Q1 Kit event to 14 April from 3 March, so it doesn't clash with the Dark Sphere Regional. Link still works, just the date that's changed.

Thanks for this.

Also thanks to @Kendraam who visited Firestorm Games recently and told me about the date for their Q4 event changing from 25 Feb to 25 Mar. The Facebook link I had was still showing February but I found a new link to the direct ticket sales. Their Regional hasn't changed.

I think I'm up to date with all the recent intel.

Edited by Mad Cat

Tickets for the London Regional are now up (and going). Confirmed to be at Dark Sphere, details here . 3 March, starting at 9am, 1st round at 9.45 (not looking forward to that part).

Edited by Grumbleduke
14 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

Tickets for the London Regional are now up (and going). Confirmed to be at Dark Sphere, details here . 3 March, starting at 9am, 1st round at 9.45 (not looking forward to that part).

Last 3 available. Get in quick!

Firestorm Cards in Basingstoke has posted 10 events across the rest of the year - first or second Sunday of each month. No idea how busy they'll be, and prizes/kits seem to be based on attendance.

Great effort and very useful list.
Does look like the most important event of them all has been missed though!

October TBC
London Masters

^_^

Edited by florianhess
On 02/03/2018 at 3:04 PM, florianhess said:

Great effort and very useful list.
Does look like the most important event of them all has been missed though!

October TBC
London Masters

^_^

If it's October I may well be able to make it. :D

Perhaps it was mentioned somewhere, but where can I get tickets for UK Nationals?

It looks like last year the Nationals tickets went on sale at the end of June so it should be a while before FFG open the ticket sales.

Three of us just bought out tickets for the Beanie Games Regional on Sunday 11th. They still have some tickets left. Sold about 20 to date so I think it will be a 3 round event.

47 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

It looks like last year the Nationals tickets went on sale at the end of June so it should be a while before FFG open the ticket sales.

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes opened.

So, with Fantasy Flight swapping from quarterly kits to seasonal kits, are you going to change your formatting? :P

Alpha Games near Bury St Edmunds are running Q1 Armada tournament on Saturday 7th April, 11 am (Next week) .

Cheers

On 30/01/2018 at 5:42 PM, Grumbleduke said:

Do you know what the level of play is like in Woking? Me and @Dr alex are dropping by and we dont want to bring uber competitive to a casual meta. We took what we thought were casual lists to a Nottingham regional only to find a 3 ship no bid few squads meta.....