Fan Made cards, Round Two (Rokugan Boogaloo)

By Togashi Gao Shan, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Never mind I made one myself.

I Can Swim.png

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, BayushiFugu said:

Togashi Waru (unique)

5 cost

3 mil

3 pol

2 glory

Monk Tattooed

Waru has +1 mil and +1 pol for each Tattoo attachment on him.

" Know thyself"

E9n5A42.png

Unraveling plans (scorpion card)

2 cost

Event

Action: If you are less honorable than an opponent, target a deck and discard the top card of that deck.

"Pull one thread and the whole thing unravels."

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:40 AM, BayushiFugu said:

Pillar Tattoo

2 cost

Tattoo attachment

Limited

Attached character does not bow from conflict resolutions.

"To stand one's ground, one must first stand."

HnvP8ot.png

Quite strong, since it works on both type of conflicts for the same price as Sashimono (which only works on military conflicts).

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, BayushiFugu said:

Unraveling plans (scorpion card)

2 cost

Event

Action: If you are less honorable than an opponent, target a deck and discard the top card of that deck.

"Pull one thread and the whole thing unravels."

0mXoLGm.png

I'm not sure about the power level of this one. On one hand, 'milling' an opponent's deck can be very strong, especially once there are a few other ways to do it, and / or if you have a consistent way to see the top card of their deck first.

On the other hand, 2 cost Events need to have a huge effect to be worth it, and most of the time, this won't come close to that.

Here's a "beatdown" style Kikage-Zumi:

KuTYvsA.png

Brazen yojimbo (Phoenix card)

2 cost

2 mil

1 pol

Glory 2

Reaction: when one your friendly shugenja is targeted by an action, redirect the target to this character, if legal.

"My life for yours"

Edited by BayushiFugu
On 9/10/2017 at 10:39 PM, Joelist said:

All of these card ideas would require testing to ensure they aren't OP.

Except a Matsu Gohei card, which would have to be OP to duplicate the hilarious amount of hate he got in the good old days. So much so that players conspired to find a way to get rid of him in the story's universe, lol.

Wave tattoo.

Dragon Clan Conflict card.

Attachment.

0 Fate.

+0 Mil / +0 Pol

Tattoo.

May only attach to a Monk or Tattooed.

Action: During a Conflict bow the attached character to bow an opposing character. You may remove 1 Fate from the attached character; if you do, ready the attached character.

"Be ever moving. Do not settle. Running water is never stale."

1 Influence.

Edited by suburbaknght

Matsu Gohei (unique)

1 cost

2 mil

0 pol

Glory 2

Gohei gets +2 mil when attacking.

"Charge!"

xxeAbbj.png

Here's a copy-pasted novella about how corruption / Shadowlands could work:

On the Facebook L5R LCG group, Shaunessy Connor had an idea for Shadowlands. I'd added 'Corruption' points to Shadowlands fan cards I made, and he proposed that:

-For every point of corruption you have, it requires you more honor to win.

- For every point of corruption you have, your opponent can go that many points into negative honor before they lose.

I like the first part. It's very thematic, and could potentially balance Shadowlands stuff being beefy for the cost. granted, it's not like people running Shadowlands would be trying to win via Honor anyway (Kitsu Tombs in 'Old5R' was fun, but so, so silly). So, it's not that big of a penalty. I imagine they could print some cards that punish people based on how many corruption tokens they have, and / or make it more difficult to get the favor.

The second part is also perfectly thematic, but having a main 'resource' go into negatives is rather clunky, and in the original L5R, it confused some people trying to learn the game. The benefits might outweigh the issues, though.

Also, using this version of a corruption system keeps Shadowlands from needing to use an entirely different honor system than everyone else. I would probably add something to the core rules like "you do not gain honor when an Honored Shadowlands personality leaves play", to help keep certain corrupt Clan decks from being able to bid high too often.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, BayushiFugu said:

Brazen yojimbo (Phoenix card)

2 cost

2 mil

1 pol

Glory 2

Reaction: when one your friendly shugenja is targeted by an action, redirect the target to this character, if legal.

"My life for yours"

Serious version:

KNcqlBA.png

Alternate version:

XTwohbS.png

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:49 AM, suburbaknght said:

Wave tattoo.

Dragon Clan Conflict card.

Attachment.

0 Fate.

+0 Mil / +0 Pol

Tattoo.

May only attach to a Monk or Tattooed.

Action: During a Conflict bow the attached character to bow an opposing character. You may remove 1 Fate from the attached character; if you do, ready the attached character.

"Be ever moving. Do not settle. Running water is never stale."

1 Influence.

l3K61HM.png

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, BayushiFugu said:

Matsu Gohei (unique)

1 cost

2 mil

0 pol

Glory 2

Gohei gets +2 mil when attacking.

"Charge!"

xWu4AXw.png

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
fixed card image
2 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

xWu4AXw.png Lol

Mountain Tattoo

3 cost

Attachment

Tattoo

Can only attach to monk or Tattooed personality

Attached character contributes their stats even when bowed.

"The mountain does not bend"

Ninja shapeshifter

Scorpion conflict card

3 cost

X mil

X pol

Shinobi Nonhuman

When ninja shapeshifter enters play, target another personality. This character copies the mil and pol skill of targeted personality as well as any abilities. It still retains its name and traits.

" I am me and we are me and we are all together."

22 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Mountain Tattoo

3 cost

Attachment

Tattoo

Can only attach to monk or Tattooed personality

Attached character contributes their stats even when bowed.

"The mountain does not bend"

f7HR6im.png

While this is a very powerful effect, 3 cost is so high that I don't know if it would ever be run.

15 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Ninja shapeshifter

Scorpion conflict card

3 cost

X mil

X pol

Shinobi Nonhuman

When ninja shapeshifter enters play, target another personality. This character copies the mil and pol skill of targeted personality as well as any abilities. It still retains its name and traits.

" I am me and we are me and we are all together."

CeEWOTu.png

Nice reference in the flavor text. Changing the words in that manner makes it rather creepy, which I suppose was your intent.

Honor is my Sword (neutral)

3 cost

Event

Action: If your honor bid is higher than your opponent's, target that opponent - they must discard cards from their hand equal to the difference.

"Words are like weapons."

21 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

3 cost

Event

Action: If your honor bid is higher than your opponent's, target that opponent - they must discard cards from their hand equal to the difference.

"If your honor bid is higher"?

If that's what you meant to put, doesn't that make the name "Honor is my Sword" the opposite of the card's text? Having a higher bid means you resorted to at least somewhat dishonorable tactics to get more potential tools against your opponent.

4 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

"If your honor bid is higher"?

If that's what you meant to put, doesn't that make the name "Honor is my Sword" the opposite of the card's text? Having a higher bid means you resorted to at least somewhat dishonorable tactics to get more potential tools against your opponent.

You are spending honor to cut away your opponent's hand thus the name.

Daigotsu Tenbatsu (unique)

Spider clan

4 cost

4 mil

1 pol

0 glory

Bushi Lost Paragon

As an additional cost to play Tenbatsu, lose 1 honor.

Reaction: After Tenbatsu assigns to a conflict, look at the top 3 cards of your Conflict deck. Put one in your hand and discard the rest.

Edited by BayushiFugu
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, BayushiFugu said:

3 cost

Event

NiDoJK9.png

I forgot the word "like" in the flavor text. I actually think "Words are Weapons would be a better title, but whatever works.

In any case, it's a good thing you mad the cost so high. That effect would be incredibly powerful at times.

Chancellor robes

1 cost

+0 mil

+1 pol

Attachment

Limited

Attached character gains the Courtier trait.

" I have been appointed as the voice."