Fan Made cards, Round Two (Rokugan Boogaloo)

By Togashi Gao Shan, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, suburbaknght said:

Trying this again:

(Dragon Dynasty Character)

Kitsuki Ryuu (Unique)

Cost: 3 Fate

Military: 1

Political: 1

Glory: 1

Bushi - Magistrate
Action: During a Conflict, remove 1 Fate from this character then remove 1 Fate from an opposing character.

"I'm sorry samurai-san, but I can't hear you over the voices in my own head saying, 'I'm so fabulous! I'm so fabulous!' "

A bit of tweaking for this one. I gave him the Dragon and Kitsuki monks, though they're difficult to see.

PjTsNrr.png

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
reloaded image

That is awesome! Thank you!

Okay, I don't know if there's even artwork available for this one, but it's more of a fun/funny card than anything else. ;)

March of Ides (Unicorn Event)

Cost: 2 Fate

Action: During a Political conflict, select a participating character with higher Military skill than a participating Ide character you control - send that character home bowed. If the character has no Fate on them, you may pay 3 honor and remove that character from the game instead. (Max once per round)

All of these card ideas would require testing to ensure they aren't OP.

Ninja Assassin (conflict card)

2 cost

3 mil

0 pol

0 glory

Shinobi Assassin

When this card enters play, look at a random card in your opponent's hand. If it is a character, you may discard it.

3 hours ago, Joelist said:

All of these card ideas would require testing to ensure they aren't OP.

Well, yeah. Some of them are definitely 'OP', and some others are quite a bit underpowered.

Officially, no FFG employees are allowed to read these forums, so it's not like any of these fan cards would be in consideration as real.

Usually, I can come up with failry balanced cards more often than not, when I spend some time and effort in it. That's mostly due to being a play-tester for a few different card games off and on from 1997 to 2011, and then also doing a lot of alpha and beta testing for digital card gamers as well. I even had a handful of L5R card ideas I submitted become real cards.

That said, since most of these games (including this one) are designed knowing several months - or even a year+ - worth of not yet printed cards, it's extremely difficult at best for fans to design truly balanced and / or needed cards. So, for the most part, I just make stuff that is either silly fun, stuff I'd like to see eventually, or both. I like designing games and tinkering with existing ones, but I've never made an effort to get into the business, aside from promoting games, playtesting, running tourneys, and owning a tabletop gaming shop.

7 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Okay, I don't know if there's even artwork available for this one, but it's more of a fun/funny card than anything else. ;)

March of Ides (Unicorn Event)

I see what you did there.

There's no perfect picture for it, but this turned out okay:

udX8ArL.png

Alternatively:

Opp96F6.png

These are both great, but that 2nd one with the Unicorn watching the Romans like he's getting ideas, that's just hilarious! :lol:

2 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

These are both great, but that 2nd one with the Unicorn watching the Romans like he's getting ideas, that's just hilarious! :lol:

I'll think you'll find that those are Yodotai.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, BayushiFugu said:

Ninja Assassin (conflict card)

2 cost

3 mil

0 pol

0 glory

Shinobi Assassin

When this card enters play, look at a random card in your opponent's hand. If it is a character, you may discard it.

WzAwzCO.png

I'll try to get the Unicorn cards for your dynasty pack done in the next day or two, then get the goblins and such.

9 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

WzAwzCO.png

I'll try to get the Unicorn cards for your dynasty pack done in the next day or two, then get the goblins and such.

No worries. This looks great!

Gossip (scorpion card)

1 cost

Event

Reveal a random card in an opponent's hand. They choose whether to discard it or lose honor equal to its cost.

" Have you heard that Urimi-san is having an affair."

2 influence

Edited by BayushiFugu

i think I'd have it cost two but reduced by 1 if you control a courtier.

New card for Imprrial Favor stuff

Imperial Magistrate (dynasty)

cost 2

skill - / -

Glory 2

Imperial. Magistrate.

While you control the Imperial Favor, this card's printed (mil)/(pol) skill is 3.

9y3k16v.png

Joke card, yes, but there's also a serious idea here: 'Corruption'. A couple of people here have mentioned the idea of gaining corruption points / tokens when playing Shadowlands stuff. In a home-brewed version of L5R I made, there was a Corruption mechanic. If you hit 30 corruption points, you lost the game unless you were a Shadowlands faction player, and it was possible to win by corrupting other players.

Anyway, for this game, I was thinking that 25 corruption = you lose, and a Shadowlands stronghold would have maybe 7 or 8 honor, but you couldn't gain honor by any means, and no honor loss created by an opponent's single 1 card effect could make you lose more than 1 honor.

Shosuro Nintin (unique)

4 cost

2 mil

3 pol

1 glory

Shinobi Shadowbrand Bushi

Action: Move Nintin to or from a conflict. (Twice per round)

"He vanished into the shadows like smoke."

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, BayushiFugu said:

Gossip (scorpion card)

1 cost

Event

Reveal a random card in an opponent's hand. They choose whether to discard it or lose honor equal to its cost.

" Have you heard that Urimi-san is having an affair."

2 influence

qRKJEky.png

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, Kubernes said:

i think I'd have it cost two but reduced by 1 if you control a courtier.

New card for Imprrial Favor stuff

Imperial Magistrate (dynasty)

cost 2

skill - / -

Glory 2

Imperial. Magistrate.

While you control the Imperial Favor, this card's printed (mil)/(pol) skill is 3.

cE7LsMO.png

12 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Shosuro Nintin (unique)

4 cost

2 mil

3 pol

1 glory

Shinobi Shadowbrand Bushi

Action: Move Nintin to or from a conflict. (Twice per round)

"He vanished into the shadows like smoke."

GljkwPS.png

fixed typo in the card's name

Lion Tattoo (dragon card)

1 cost

+1 mil

+0 pol

Attachment Tattoo

Can only attach to a monk.

Action: Bow this attachment to give attached personality +2 mil for this conflict.

" My roar is within."

Edited by BayushiFugu
19 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Lion Tattoo (dragon card)

1 cost

+1 mil

+0 pol

Attachment Tattoo

Can only attach to a monk.

Action: Give all your personalities +1 military until end of conflict.

" My roar is within."

FR4a4ox.png

This might be too powerful, though given that Dragon are being heavily pushed into having only 2-3 characters out at a time, it might be fine. One way to balance it if it is too 'OP' would be making it Limited, or at least only allow playing one copy of this card per turn.

Togashi Waru (unique)

5 cost

3 mil

3 pol

2 glory

Monk Tattooed

Waru has +1 mil and +1 pol for each Tattoo attachment on him.

" Know thyself"

Pillar Tattoo

2 cost

Tattoo attachment

Limited

Attached character does not bow from conflict resolutions.

"To stand one's ground, one must first stand."

I'd be very grateful if anyone would be willing to make an alternate art version of I Can Swim using this image.

9 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

FR4a4ox.png

This might be too powerful, though given that Dragon are being heavily pushed into having only 2-3 characters out at a time, it might be fine. One way to balance it if it is too 'OP' would be making it Limited, or at least only allow playing one copy of this card per turn.

I'd make it more dependent. Examples:

Action: During a Conflict, bow this card. Give all Tattooed Character or Characters with Tattooed Attachments +1 Military until the end of the Conflict.

This restricts the use a bit and players around with some Dragon themes (Tattooed keyword and attached Monk advisors). Keep all other text the same. That said, I'm kind of against the group buffing. In the old storyline, tattoos are supposed to be about the power of the individual. How about:

Action: During a Conflict bow this card. Give this card +X Military where X is equal to the number of Tattooed cards you Control.

This provides the same total Military bonus but concentrates it on the character with the tattoo.

Fixed it!!