Fan Made cards, Round Two (Rokugan Boogaloo)

By Togashi Gao Shan, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I'll throw an idea into the mix, although this is one that may prove to be a rather niche character...

(Phoenix Conflict Character - Influence Cost: 2-3)

Asako Inquisitor

Cost: 3 Fate

Military: 3

Political: 2

Glory: 2

Magistrate. Shugenja.
Interrupt: When the effects of an event or attachment with the Spell trait would initiate, bow this character - cancel the effects. Then, honor this character.

"The symbol of the Inquisitors is the Open Eye, a vow of eternal vigilance against corruption and illegal magic throughout Rokugan."

17 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

and for the Shadowlands fans;

Yokubo, Onisu of Desire (unique)

6 cost

4 mil

6 pol

glory 0

Shadowlands Onisu

Cannot be challenged to a duel. While this card is in play you lose 1 Honor at the end of your turn.

Action: Target an attachment in play. Discard it.

This should also have the Nonhuman trait

Here's a card inspired by the character I used for RP at Gen Con.

Libertine Duelist - Dragon Clan character

Cost: 3

Military: 3 / Political: 2 / Glory: 2

Bushi. Duelist.

Interrupt : If this character is unbowed, when an opponent's card effect would cause you to lose honor, that opponent must choose an unbowed character he or she controls — challenge that character. Opponent may refuse; if he or she does, or you win the duel, cancel the card effect. Bow the duel's loser.

"Safer to douse desire than to let it burn."

D

Edited by Ide Yoshiya

What is the program people are using to make these cards?

3 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

What is the program people are using to make these cards?

I'm just using 'paint.net', a free program, that allows layering .pngs and such. I'm bad at making blank templates, but fortunately Wintersong provided several templates awhile back (though not all card types are there):

There are definitely better and / or more efficient ways to make cards than what I do, but eh, it works well enough for me.

20 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

I'm just using 'paint.net', a free program, that allows layering .pngs and such. I'm bad at making blank templates, but fortunately Wintersong provided several templates awhile back (though not all card types are there):

There are definitely better and / or more efficient ways to make cards than what I do, but eh, it works well enough for me.

Cool. Btw did you see my onisu card?

1 minute ago, BayushiFugu said:

Cool. Btw did you see my onisu card?

Yup. I'll be getting to it soon-ish, hopefully. Never was a fan of the Onisu myself (mostly because most things about Daigotsu annoyed me), but the card is fun, and I'll whip up something.

Meanwhile:

SYqJ3kC.png

(Dragon Dynasty Character)

Kitsuki Ryuu (Unique)

Military: 1

Political: 1

Glory: 1

Bushi - Magistrate
Action: During a Conflict, remove 1 Fate from this character then remove 1 Fate from an opposing character.

"I'm sorry samurai-san, but I can't hear you over the voices in my own head saying, 'I'm so fabulous! I'm so fabulous!' "

Bonus points if you use this picture: DSCN0509_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Yup. I'll be getting to it soon-ish, hopefully. Never was a fan of the Onisu myself (mostly because most things about Daigotsu annoyed me), but the card is fun, and I'll whip up something.

Meanwhile:

SYqJ3kC.png

Amazing. I loved the onisu myself but only because they screwed with each clan individually.

59aa653227cac_AsakoInquisitorCard.jpg.a2f6fdd85931a7ebc869eec8d3bdd732.jpg

Missing the bamboo symbols for influence cost, but figured I'd give it a stab at making this one myself.

AW68c1r.png

1 hour ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

I love how you have it its own logo. The mil and pol skill got switched though. Love it!! Take that crane.

Dare I try it;

Bayushi Kachiko

5 cost

3 mil

5 pol

2 glory

Empress Seductress

Reaction: When an opponent loses honor for not defending, increase that loss by one.

1 hour ago, BayushiFugu said:

Dare I try it;

Bayushi Kachiko

5 cost

3 mil

5 pol

2 glory

Empress Seductress

Reaction: When an opponent loses honor for not defending, increase that loss by one.

Don't agree with this one, I would instead propose

Bayushi Kachiko

Cost 5

Military 0

Politics 8

Glory 3

Seductive. Courtier

Covert. Sincerity

ReAction: during a conflict which this character is not participating, discard a card to cancel an action taken by a character with lower politics. Limit once per conflict

Edited by Taki

I just want more Utako in general. Something with decent glory, ways to honor them, and if they want to bring back paragon effects as well, then I'm game.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, suburbaknght said:

Kitsuki Ryuu (Unique)

Bushi - Magistrate
Action: During a Conflict, remove 1 Fate from this character then remove 1 Fate from an opposing character.

"I'm sorry samurai-san, but I can't hear you over the voices in my own head saying, 'I'm so fabulous! I'm so fabulous!' "

Bonus points if you use this picture: DSCN0509_1.jpg

The picture isn't showing up. Photbucket is...not so good. Try saving the image and then putting it up on Imgur, then posting it here from that site.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, BayushiFugu said:

Just thought of a great Crab character

Kaiu Architect

2 cost

1 mil

0 pol

1 glory

Builder

Action: During a military conflict, bow a holding you control to give a participating character +1 Mil. (twice per conflict)

"One brick at a time."

v2bYydn.png

The action is quite nice in its flexibility, but it's also fairly conditional. A lot of the time, you'll only be able to gain +1 from him. I would boost his Military to 2 , or maybe hos Political to 1.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, Tetsuhiko said:

Imperial theme

Otomo Rumormonger

Imperial Courtier

2 Cost

3 Pol

0 Mil

0 Glory

While this character is participating in a conflict, opposing players may not play cards with a Clan alignment different from their stronghold.

"I don't know if you heard what your ally told me about your lord's daughter."

Monk Spy

Imperial Monk

2 Cost

0 Pol

0 Mil

Glory 1

Action: Look at a random card from your opponent's hand. If it is an event, you may play it as if it was yours, paying all cost.

"They can go wherever they please, and do things samurais cannot without having to act dishonorably. The perfect agents of the Throne."

mtZlovT.png vz3vnaB.png

I like both of these cards quite a bit. Very thematic. The Monk's ability is potentially very good, though unreliable.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, Ide Yoshiya said:

Here's a card inspired by the character I used for RP at Gen Con.

Libertine Duelist - Dragon Clan character

Cost: 3

Military: 3 / Political: 2 / Glory: 2

Bushi. Duelist.

Interrupt : If this character is unbowed, when an opponent's card effect would cause you to lose honor, that opponent must choose an unbowed character he or she controls — challenge that character. Opponent may refuse; if he or she does, or you win the duel, cancel the card effect. Bow the duel's loser.

"Safer to douse desire than to let it burn."

D

vNioAJA.png

One more for today. If Hitomi ends up running the Dragon Clan this time, I'd like to see her not be so blatantly crazy / evil (I was part of the HDM - yeah, come at me, heh). 'Dark' is fine, to a point. I think with Togashi Kazue possibly being the 'new Kokujin' and maybe even involved in the Pure Land Sect, things will play out quite a bit differently this time (all the stuff about Kazue is speculation on my part, but I have a feeling).

Anyway:

ptq7QvQ.png

Shosuro Ren (unique)

3 cost

3 mil

1 pol

1 glory

Shinobi Actor

Action: Remove a Fate from Ren - target a personality. Ren copies an ability from that character.

" I can perform that so much better"

Trying this again:

Kitsuki Ryuu (Unique)

Bushi - Magistrate

Berserker Rage (crab card)

2 cost

Event

Target a defending Crab character you control. Double its mil value. After the conflict ends, discard that character.

Imperial cards, part 2

Miya Herald

Imperial Cavalry Herald

4 Cost

3 Pol

3 Mil

2 Glory

While you control the Imperial Favor, each Imperial character you control gets +1 Pol and +1 Mil

Otomo Historian

Imperial

1 Cost

0 Pol

- Mil

0 Glory

Action: Place one Fate on a character you control. If you control the Imperial Favor, place 2 Fate instead.

"They will remember their deeds for generations to come. This is my duty."

Seppun Yojimbo

Imperial Bushi Yojimbo

3 Cost

2 Pol

3 Mil

1 Glory

While this character is in play, neutral cards played by other players have no effect on your characters.

A few that I thought up recently. Names are placeholders!

Ide Politician (D) - Unicorn. Courtier.

Cost 1

Mil/Pol 0/1

Glory 2

Courtesy. Response: When you pass during your first opportunity to declare a conflict: honor this character.

I made this character based partially of the first player theme of the Unicorn and the older fiction of the Ide. If I where to make more, they would be based upon giving the first player token or opportunity to the opponent for gains.

Ronin (D) - Unaligned. Bushi.

Cost 1

Mil/Pol 2/2

Glory 2

Response: After this character enters play: dishonor it.

The type of card that requires an investment to get around the initial penalty. I'm sure there's a better cost, skill, and glory ratio so feel free to add your own version.

Shosuro Shadowmaster (D) - Scorpion. Bushi. Shinobi.

Cost 3

Mil/Pol 2/2

Glory 0

When you would draw cards, draw them from the top of your dynasty deck.

I'm a fan of cards that can immediately change the way you play from different angles. This one lets you simply draw cards from your dynasty deck rather than your conflict deck. The upside is more characters in your hand at the cost of not being able to draw your tricks from the conflict deck. Additionally, it means drawing any holdings would be a dead card. Yes, it could use a bit of testing, but these types of cards are more about bringing up interesting ideas.

From the Shadows (C) - Scorpion

Cost 2

Action: During a conflict, create two shinobi characters (cost 1, mil/pol 1, glory 0, shinobi trait) - put those characters into play as participating characters.

A token generating card that allows a play to 'bypass' the usual limit of 10 conflict characters in a conflict deck. With City of Lies, it can be cheaper, so it may need to be adjusted.