Fan Made cards, Round Two (Rokugan Boogaloo)

By Togashi Gao Shan, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Now that the game is (partially) released, I figured it would be best to start a new fan-made cards thread, instead of necro-ing the old one each time.

Also, if anyone has any requests for alternate-art of real cards, I can manage those, though depending on work, it sometimes takes a bit,

Anyway, here's a minor clan character idea:

2YTcmBd.png

(Yeah, I managed to spell it "PhoeMix". Oopsie. Maybe it's a new clan of magically-powered DJs?)

I'd love to be a card:

Bayushi Fugu (unique)

5 cost

- military

5 political

Courtier Rumormonger

Forced Reaction: when an action dishonors one of your personalities; target opponent loses 1 honor. (Max twice per round)

" Matsu San how clumsy of you to make me spill this tea."

7 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

I'd love to be a card:

Bayushi Fugu (unique)

5 cost

- military

5 political

Courtier Rumormonger

Forced Reaction: when an action dishonors one of your personalities; target opponent loses 1 honor. (Max twice per round)

H7c6NOT.png

Love it!! Especially that 1 glory.

3 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Lol! Perfect casting

and extra points for referencing a breakdancing movie in the topic title ??

11 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

??

I should make a version of Bayushi Fugu featuring Homer Simpson.

"Come on, pal. Fugu me!"

Here is a Dragon card I'd love to see:

Togashi Mitsu (unique)

4 cost

2 miltary

2 political

Glory 1

Monk

Attaches tattoo cards for free.

Action: Remove a fate from an unclaimed ring to give a character -1/-1 until end of turn.

"The answer to my Master's dream lies within."

Follow up card for Mitsu:

Dragon Tattoo

2 cost

+1 military

+0 political

Tattoo Attachment

Action: During a conflict, remove one fate from attached character to discard a participating character with no fate.

3 bamboo

"Fire is all cleansing."

Hateru_Eun.png

Here's the cards as you wrote them:

g9WsfoO.png LxAFvL2.png

I like your Dragon Tattoo idea. It could fit in very well with cards like Kazue, and with a Crab Splash, Jade Testubo.

Mitsu, I'd have done a bit differently. Having free tattoos does make sense for him, but it might severely limit "design space" for tattoo cards (devs would have to be overly-cautious with tattoos to keep them from being broken with Mitsu). I mostly like the idea of adding Fate to him after he's out, because it feels like 'fire tokens' from the old game, but I also wanted to keep some form of Mitsu's classic built-in fire-breathing, since its so iconic.

Here's one version I came up with:

WkkvUtP.png

I may make a slightly different Dragon Tattoo later, but the one you designed fits great with this version of Mitsu.

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
small typo
On 8/29/2017 at 4:11 AM, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Now that the game is (partially) released, I figured it would be best to start a new fan-made cards thread, instead of necro-ing the old one each time.

Not to be a contrarian here, but what is the downside of resurrecting an old topic should it become relevant again?

This card would be a Conflict character

Ninja Saboteur

2 cost

2 mil

- pol

0 glory

Shinobi Assassin

Covert

Action: Sacrifice this character - Discard a participating character that costs 2 or less.

3 bamboo

Edited by BayushiFugu

and for the Shadowlands fans;

Yokubo, Onisu of Desire (unique)

6 cost

4 mil

6 pol

glory 0

Shadowlands Onisu

Cannot be challenged to a duel. While this card is in play you lose 1 Honor at the end of your turn.

Action: Target an attachment in play. Discard it.

WkkvUtP.png

I like this version but I think his stats are too high for his ability. I think 2/2 is fair for a 4 cost with this ability. And he should have the Fire keyword.

Edited by BayushiFugu

another Scorpion control card hehehehehe,

Breach of Etiquette

2 cost

Action: During a political conflict, target an opponent's Dishonored character. They choose to either remove all fate tokens from that character or lose Honor equal to the number of fate tokens on that character.

"Be careful with your words Hida-san. Some may take it as an insult."

4 bamboo

OK last one.

Togashi Hai (unique)

3 cost

3 mil

1pol

1 glory

Earth Monk

Action: During a military conflict, Give Hai +2 mil until the end of the conflict. (once per conflict)

"I am like the mountain"

2 hours ago, Ide Yoshiya said:

Not to be a contrarian here, but what is the downside of resurrecting an old topic should it become relevant again?

Well, I feel that we gave a better grasp of the game now, and it's easier to make semi-balanced fan cards.

Also, the old topic was getting rather long, so it might be easier for people with requests to put the in a topic with less pages

I would love to see an alternate art of Adept of the Waves with a female shugenja, maybe with some of Stephanie Law's artwork? (She was always my favorite old l5r card artist from the CCG days.)

I imagine this artwork might be too difficult to use- but I might as well plug her website in case anyone isn't familiar with her work: http://www.shadowscapes.com/image.php?lineid=13&bid=885 .

44 minutes ago, Haimei said:

^_^

Ao_W_2.jpg

Just thought of a great Crab character

Kaiu Architect

2 cost

1 mil

0 pol

1 glory

Builder

Action: During a military conflict, bow a holding you control to give a participating character +1 Mil. (twice per conflict)

"One brick at a time."

Imperial theme

Otomo Rumormonger

Imperial Courtier

2 Cost

3 Pol

0 Mil

0 Glory

While this character is participating in a conflict, opposing players may not play cards with a Clan alignment different from their stronghold.

"I don't know if you heard what your ally told me about your lord's daughter."

Monk Spy

Imperial Monk

2 Cost

0 Pol

0 Mil

Glory 1

Action: Look at a random card from your opponent's hand. If it is an event, you may play it as if it was yours, paying all cost.

"They can go wherever they please, and do things samurais cannot without having to act dishonorably. The perfect agents of the Throne."

Edited by Tetsuhiko
9 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

This card would be a Conflict character

Ninja Saboteur

2 cost

2 mil

- pol

0 glory

Shinobi Assassin

Covert

Action: Sacrifice this character - Discard a participating character that costs 2 or less.

3 bamboo

9HqdN0c.png

I think this is a bit too strong. I'd change it to maybe "Sacrifice this character - choose a character participating in a conflict with cost 2 or less. Discard an card attached to it. Then, if it has no attachments, discard it". Or "Sacrifice this character - discard a bowed character with cost 2 or less."

The former variant makes it less powerful against already vulnerable "build tall" decks (they already have to deal with multiple cards that nuke their key lower cost characters, regardless of how many attachments they have). The later one would make it thematic (the character to be assassinated has 'let its guard down'), and while weaker overall, allows killing of characters at 'home'.

5 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

9HqdN0c.png

I think this is a bit too strong. I'd change it to maybe "Sacrifice this character - choose a character participating in a conflict with cost 2 or less. Discard an card attached to it. Then, if it has no attachments, discard it". Or "Sacrifice this character - discard a bowed character with cost 2 or less."

The former variant makes it less powerful against already vulnerable "build tall" decks (they already have to deal with multiple cards that nuke their key lower cost characters, regardless of how many attachments they have). The later one would make it thematic (the character to be assassinated has 'let its guard down'), and while weaker overall, allows killing of characters at 'home'.

I like the variation targeting bowed characters of two or less. They are exhausted from battle and unaware of their demise. Lol