Sorry About The Mess: Arena D

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Just now, SithArissa said:

The burn doesn't/cant have breach as far as I can tell.

Oh right, didn't realise you accounted for it. My bad.

It doesn't, but unless Cheevil can do something as an incidental at the start of his turn to heal himself, he'll be exceeding his wound threshold. The burn damage happens at the start of your turn, which essentially means before anything else happens (like maneuvers or actions), but I would allow an incidental to mitigate such effects.

Edited by awayputurwpn

When the female non-human effortlessly drew back the blade, and batted his sequence to the side, Cheevil knew he was going to lose: she was much faster than himself, and a well-trained duelist. There was an exchange, quick as the blink of an eye, and the Chadra-fan was forced on the defensive. He did his best to deflect the woman's attacks and at the same time, he felt the burning heat of her hatred, her determination to kill him.

But it wasn't just her hatred, he noticed - his robe was on fire! It must have been a glancing touch of the Twi'lek's lightsaber, but it hardly mattered. He was already half-covered by the flames. He was not easily scared, but the imminent danger combined with the recent memory of his explosive defeat in the canyon, something broke in the tiny creature. Dropping his saber, he threw himself on the floor, thrashed, trying to put out the fire or discard the robe or just to do anything to get rid of the heat the Burning THE FIRE THE PAIN

The black.

//Well, that was overpowering. Well played @SithArissa ! On the upside, have YOU ever earned 10 exp in just one full round? :D Note: Burn is evil. At least you had the chance to parry my Saber Swarm but that option does not exist against the damage over time effect. Another mention, for Intense Presence. I was hoping to force you on the defensive, but as long as you had the DPs, I could never have won against you.//

I think we've seen now where Makashi shines—in lightsaber duels! Surprise, surprise :D

My last fight with Arissa would have gone a lot differently if I hadn't got that first blaster hit on her—and in the end the only reason I survived was because of the Concussive quality that kept her from attacking me, lol.

Makashi is deadly up close.

Aw man that RP is so sad. I feel kinda bad now :(

5 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Aw man that RP is so sad. I feel kinda bad now :(

Moral upper hand, ha!

The darkness prevails while the light dimes away.

The Sith shall reign another day while the last of the jedi order are slain down.

Congratulation Arrisa!

Well played Chevin, good luck next time.

And very nice roleplay both of you!

On 2017. 08. 17. at 7:33 PM, Darth Lectus said:

Moral upper hand, ha!

//You know that feeling when you do a cool one-liner and a day later it clicks that you missed an opportunity?
Well, I should have said moral h igh ground .

That is all.//

Heat 3 Arena D Rolls.

Location Roll - 14

Starship Passage

Range Roll - 7

Short

Initiative Roll - 22

Cool.

So whoever is Gm-ing can set the scene if they want to. and me and @SavageBob can roll Cool and Destiny once hes picked high or low.

Heat 3D @SithArissa with Arissa vs @SavageBob with Pango

Long Straight build passages with some crossroads here and there. Open maintainence panels are seen on the sides and lose cablebundels are hanging from the celing. Crates of different sizes , tools and metalic wallpanels, and rolled cables are lying all over the floor but are easy to avoid.

After every longrange there is a blast door closed that can be opened with a maneuver. (The next door to each one would be on medium direction back, left and right since you start at a crossroad)

Arissa came here after her job on the rebelcruiser was done and she dispossed her opponent and the general.

P4NG0 was brought here after his fight on Ithor by the crew of the Hutt.

you both are aware of each other and via the speakersystem the Hutt is to hear: "Fight my little puppets! FIGHT or I take down the hole Frighter!"

@SithArissa , mind if I finish the exhibition match with @awayputurwpn before we start? One of us should win on our next turn, and I can then focus on this duel.

In the meantime, I'll pick high for the coin toss.

41 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

@SithArissa , mind if I finish the exhibition match with @awayputurwpn before we start? One of us should win on our next turn, and I can then focus on this duel.

Yep already said to @awayputurwpn to finish up there.

Roll for Destiny - 31

So I'll go Darkside

Roll for Cool

1eP+3eA : 0 successes, 5 advantage [1eP=A] [3eA=-, A/A, A/A]
p-a.png a--.png a-a-a.png a-a-a.png

Ugh now I get all the advantage......

Force Pool

1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

I can see how this is gonna go. Take your time in the exhibition match.....

Destiny:

Destiny Points : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Cool:

Cool for Initiative : 1eP+1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.png a--.png

So, looks like first action goes to you!

'Hutts and their games' Arissa thought with an internal groan. Looking over to the droid she supposed was the other "puppet" she wondered what pleasantries it had for her. Embracing the force she ran to engage the little bundle of bolts and wires.

Gonna suffer 2 strain to draw Saber, manoeuvre from short to engaged. And action will be commit Force to Sense to upgrade all attacks against me twice. Pretty much my only shot here is you roll Despair lots and often.

Wounds 0/13 Strain 2/15 Destiny 1/1

Edited by SithArissa

Guapa the Hutt hadn't been happy. Not only had PNG0-LIN lost the exhibition match against the Wookiee, the opponent had systematically shut the demolitionmech down. Never mind that the Wookiee was a master martial artist; it looked bad, like Guapa's tech team didn't now what they were doing. Pango, of course, didn't care about any of this. But when Guapa took his anger out on Turee, the little droid tried to intervene, only to be locked in a closet by some of Guapa's Gamorrean guards.

He hadn't been able to see the Sullustan girl who made him before this match had started. "Give them a show, stupid droid," the Hutt gangster had said. "Blow stuff up. Cause collateral damage. Don't just blast with the thermal detonator and end it. But don't lose either!"

And now Pango was once again under attack by someone with a glow-sword. She was right on top of him—but why wasn't she attacking? Pango didn't want to find out. He switched his treads into reverse to move behind a crate of some kind, putting some distance between himself and the Twi'lek. With memories of the last two battles flashing through his databanks, he drew the glop grenade and threw...

2 strain to disengage to Short range, taking cover as an incidental (per the battlefield rules). Using free maneuver to draw the glop grenade. Can't aim, but will flip destiny to upgrade the attack. Here goes...

Lobbing a glop grenade (Ranged (Light)) : 4eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 4 successes
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png c-f.png d-th.png s-th.png

Arissa now must make an Easy Coordination check or else start suffocating.

Wounds: 0/16, Strain: 2/15, Destiny: 2/0

Edited by SavageBob

Golp Suffocation

2eA+1eD : 0 successes [2eA=A/A, -] [1eD=Th/Th]
a-a-a.png a--.png d-th-th.png

I'm rolling so well this heat.

I assume I can make the check again my turn, for all the good its gonna do?

Wounds 0/13 Strain 5/15 Destiny 2/0

Edited by SithArissa
51 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Golp Suffocation

2eA+1eD : 0 successes [2eA=A/A, -] [1eD=Th/Th]
a-a-a.png a--.png d-th-th.png

I'm rolling so well this heat.

I assume I can make the check again my turn, for all the good its gonna do?

Wounds 0/13 Strain 5/15 Destiny 2/0

Oh dear! So it looks like you'll take 3 strain at the start of each of your turns until you break free of the ensnare (looks like you've already accounted for this, but you still get an action for your turn, as in previous heats, we haven't counted the Coordination check to resist suffocation as a full-fledged action). Starting next turn, you'll also get an auto-critical injury each turn. Breaking free of the glop will require a Hard Athletics check, which does count as your action.

8 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Oh dear! So it looks like you'll take 3 strain at the start of each of your turns until you break free of the ensnare (looks like you've already accounted for this, but you still get an action for your turn, as in previous heats, we haven't counted the Coordination check to resist suffocation as a full-fledged action). Starting next turn, you'll also get an auto-critical injury each turn. Breaking free of the glop will require a Hard Athletics check, which does count as your action.

Ha I failed the easy one with 2 dice now I have a hard one with 1 dice. I think I may just concede the heat @SavageBob

Roll

1eA+3eD : 3 failures, 1 threat [1eA=A] [3eD=F/F, Th/Th, F]
a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Yep I'm completely at your mercy, no point continuing. As I said you could one shot me with a single AP grenade anyway.

Edited by SithArissa
32 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Ha I failed the easy one with 2 dice now I have a hard one with 1 dice. I think I may just concede the heat @SavageBob

Roll

1eA+3eD : 3 failures, 1 threat [1eA=A] [3eD=F/F, Th/Th, F]
a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Yep I'm completely at your mercy, no point continuing. As I said you could one shot me with a single AP grenade anyway.

Why not flip a DP and at least get a chance at a Triumph? If not, I can go again.

Even the arena is against me -

Starship Passage (v1.0)

Damage from all weapons with the Blast quality is increased by 2.

But if you really want to keep going take your turn as long as you promise to not go easy on me ^_^.b

Your turn @SavageBob

3 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Even the arena is against me -

Starship Passage (v1.0)

Damage from all weapons with the Blast quality is increased by 2.

But if you really want to keep going take your turn as long as you promise to not go easy on me ^_^.b

Your turn @SavageBob

I know the feeling! :)

Pango's targeting arrays delivered the news: The glop attack had succeeded! The droid edged out from behind the crate, and his photoreceptors caught sight of the Twi'lek woman struggling—but failing—to break free of the foam. But the sensors suggested there was something more. The look in her eyes, the subtle changes in her skin coloration… The woman was suffocating! Pango's vocoder delivered a startled shriek, and his empathy subroutines activated. (Turee had spent a full day programming Pango to fight fairly and respectfully, earning herself a day in Guapa's dungeons for the delay.)

The demolitionmech knew he had to put the poor woman out of her misery. He drew a stun grenade, aimed, and threw.

1 maneuver to draw the stun grenade, a second to aim (taking 2 strain), and then throwing for my action.

Stun Grenade (Ranged (Light)) : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 4 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p--.png p-s.png p-s.png a-s.png b-s-a.png c-f-th.png d-f.png s-th.png

So that's 12 damage, +2 for the arena, for a total of 14 strain. Should be enough to put you over your threshold!

Just now, SavageBob said:

I know the feeling! :)

Pango's targeting arrays delivered the news: The glop attack had succeeded! The droid edged out from behind the crate, and his photoreceptors caught sight of the Twi'lek woman struggling—but failing—to break free of the foam. But the sensors suggested there was something more. The look in her eyes, the subtle changes in her skin coloration… The woman was suffocating! Pango's vocoder delivered a startled shriek, and his empathy subroutines activated. (Turee had spent a full day programming Pango to fight fairly and respectfully, earning herself a day in Guapa's dungeons for the delay.)

The demolitionmech knew he had to put the poor woman out of her misery. He drew a stun grenade, aimed, and threw.

1 maneuver to draw the stun grenade, a second to aim (taking 2 strain), and then throwing for my action.

Stun Grenade (Ranged (Light)) : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 4 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p--.png p-s.png p-s.png a-s.png b-s-a.png c-f-th.png d-f.png s-th.png

So that's 12 damage, +2 for the arena, for a total of 14 strain. Should be enough to put you over your threshold!

Actually I can flip one of those destiny points as an out of turn to gain 4 strain, so I'm at 15/15 but not over :D

Also I will use that threat on the Environmental table -

One Threat - Grease Patch: Character either suffers two strain or becomes prone

AH HA take that!2 strain @SavageBob