Sorry About The Mess: Arena D

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

An arena for the PvP contest

Hey, folks! I'm in this arena, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Does the GM get things rolling, or do I need to post something first?

2 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Hey, folks! I'm in this arena, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Does the GM get things rolling, or do I need to post something first?

I got you. Just needed to find the chart for encounter locations :) Will get a post up momentarily.

Welcome to the inferno!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Location Roll for Arena D : 1d25 17 = Volcanic Canyon (I rolled 12, but that was already being used in Arena B, so in the interests of being interesting I called a re-roll!)

The combatants: Cheevil Batt , Chadra-Fan Seeker vs. PNG0-LIN ("Pango") , Droid Demolitionist

Canyons made from centuries of volcanic activity twist and wind their way across the landscape. Narrow corridors of volcanic stone and erupting steam vents make navigating the canyons difficult, not to mention perilous. To make matters worse, you are fighting for your life. You and your opponent find each other in one of these narrow ravines, with many twisting passages, caves, and lava flows.

Finding a Range : 1d100 43 = you will start at medium range from each other in the volcanic canyon. It is late in the day, with shadows climbing high off the western ridge.

The sides of this corridor are several meters apart, and there are plenty of rocky outcroppings and snaking passages. Some of these passages lead underground.

Determining Initiative : 1d100 15 = Cool. You are both aware of each other, and the tension is thick.

@SavageBob please choose the range (1-50 or 51-100) for the Destiny Point roll.
@Darth Lectus please roll the d100 once after SavageBob has chosen the range. The winner of this "coin toss" will choose who will use Dark Side Destiny Points and who will use Light Side DPs.

Awesome! I'll take 51–100 in the "coin toss."

Also, should @Richardbuxton or @awayputurwpn edit the first post to include a link to @Darth Lectus 's and my character sheets? That might make it easier to keep track of us along the way.

Just now, SavageBob said:

Also, should @Richardbuxton or @awayputurwpn edit the first post to include a link to @Darth Lectus 's and my character sheets? That might make it easier to keep track of us along the way.

I did, it's on the line "The Combatants." Each character's name is a link to the respective character sheet.

1 minute ago, awayputurwpn said:

I did, it's on the line "The Combatants." Each character's name is a link to the respective character sheet.

Ah, cool. Overlooked that. :)

Once @Darth Lectus has rolled and you've chosen who gets which DPs, you can both roll your Destiny Point pools and then your Initiative (Cool) checks.

Rolled 49. (Almost came down standing on the edge, I guess, but this goes to me :D). I select Dark side.

EDIT:

Of which, I rolled 2. I immediately want to flip one of those, to upgrade the ability of my Initiative check. 4 successes .

EDIT2: @SavageBob Good hunting, friend.

Edited by Darth Lectus

Destiny Points : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

I'll flip one of those, too for the Cool roll!

Initiative (Cool) : 2eP 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png

Looks like the ball's in your court, @Darth Lectus ! Good hunting!

Cheevil entered the ravine he found at the coordinates received for his first fight in the tournament. Menacing, black pillars of volcanic stone towered above his tiny frame, gusts of putrid sulphuric smoke erupting suddenly on either side of him from. The Chadra-fan felt the ends of his course fur curl up and shrink with the heat. He needed to find his opponent, and fast. Finding a path that led him to a higher path within the maze of basalt, he moved quickly and quietly, finally spotting the droid, approaching on a corridor, slightly below Cheevil's position. The tiny non-human took a deep breath, his hand edging towards the hilt on his belt - then, as if he found resolve, he drew it in one quick motion. An incidental, due to his Quick Draw talent. His target was still several meters away, so Cheevil knew he needed to get close and strike fast to gain the upper hand - his mechanical adversary was carrying an alarming amount of explosives, which the Chadra-fan was hoping would prove less effective in close quarters combat.

//The setting calls for three setback dice to be added to all checks involving strenous activity. I imagine this applies to every single combat check? I'll make my rolls and finish the narrative once the GM makes a call on this.//

CONTINUED:

Edging closer and staying as low as possible , ( a maneuver to move to short range) he took one more breath to prepare himself for the engagement, and did his best to try and access that trickle he sometimes felt of the Force. And there it was! Around him, inside him. Cheevil was ready! And he wasn't going to hold back either! (another maneuver, costing 2+1 strain, activates his Saber Swarm talent, giving the attack the Linked 2 quality). //Will continue this in the next post as for some reason my formatting is being messed up in this one.//

Edited by Darth Lectus
Continued
9 hours ago, Darth Lectus said:

//The setting calls for three setback dice to be added to all checks involving strenous activity. I imagine this applies to every single combat check? I'll make my rolls and finish the narrative once the GM makes a call on this.//

As far as strenuous activity goes, I'd say basically any Brawn- or Agility-related check will suffer the 3 setback while you're in this ravine.

Edited by awayputurwpn

//Previous post edited but for some reason the formatting is being messed up so continuing here.//

With a fierce cry, he leapt at his foe, crossing the remaining distance with a single, seemingly effortless jump. The green blade of his lightsaber erupted from the hilt at the peak of his arc with a an unmistakable buzz and hum, and as he came down on his opponent, he unleashed a blinding flurry of blows at him even before his tiny feet touched the ground.

First attack, using Quick Strike and Hawk Bat Swoop. A total of 3 boost included, 2 from the talent and one from the shoto's Accurate quality. One setback for opponent's defense. (Had to reroll because I did not include the boosts. Apologies). : 2eA+2eP+2eD+1eS+2eF+3eB 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a--.png p-s-s.png p-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png s-th.png f-ls.png f-ds-ds.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b-a-a.png

I flip a Destiny point to use the Dark Pips generated, suffer two more strain (I end up at 5 Strain) and 2 Conflict as well. One pip is used to Engage with Hawk Bat Swoop, the other two give me advantages on this check. Including the 1 Advantage automatically given by the Curved hilt of the lightsaber, this is a total of 7 advantages. 4 of these are going to activate both ranks of linked, 2 two make a crit (+20 due to lethal blows) unless the damage (base 6 +1 success) can be negated, and one to give my next check a boost as well.

@Darth Lectus could you please also roll the 3 setbacks for the scorching heat, and add them to your total?

Edit: I see what I did there. I mistyped "Athletics" instead of "Agility." Sorry for the confusion (Athletics is Brawn related :P ). I meant any physical activity—does that make sense?

Edited by awayputurwpn

Just to clarify, we're still waiting for the resolution of this first attack?

13 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Just to clarify, we're still waiting for the resolution of this first attack?

In the interests of time, we can just roll with it, and you can remove the 3 setbacks from your first attack as well. I'll cop to my mistake and give you the freebie :)

Also, @Darth Lectus , thank you for tracking your strain on your character sheet. Makes things much easier for everyone!

So, I'm not clear on what I suffer from: Looks like a critical at +20 (who rolls this?), and 7 damage? But I have Cortosis armor and 6 Soak, so what actually gets through?

Cheevil has a base damage of 6, and adds his single success for a total of 7 damage, three times.

However, you have Soak 6 (Cortosis), so you soak 6 damage of every hit. So that's 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 wounds (total) on you, and a single crit which @Darth Lectus will roll.

12 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

@Darth Lectus could you please also roll the 3 setbacks for the scorching heat, and add them to your total?

Edit: I see what I did there. I mistyped "Athletics" instead of "Agility." Sorry for the confusion (Athletics is Brawn related :P ). I meant any physical activity—does that make sense?

10 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Also, @Darth Lectus , thank you for tracking your strain on your character sheet. Makes things much easier for everyone!

//Offtopic bit first, yes, makes perfect sense, thanks for rolling with it though, I'll add it to any further checks. Should make for a lot of misses, I guess. :D Also, that is what character sheets are for.//

First attack: Critical hit : 1d100+20 106

//Horrific Injury: d10 roll determines characteristic to be affected, this will count as 1 lower until injury is healed.

First attack: Critical hit - Determine Characteristic : 1d10 7

7 makes for reduced Intellect.//

6 minutes ago, Darth Lectus said:

//Offtopic bit first, yes, makes perfect sense, thanks for rolling with it though, I'll add it to any further checks. Should make for a lot of misses, I guess. :D Also, that is what character sheets are for.//

First attack: Critical hit : 1d100+20 106

//Horrific Injury: d10 roll determines characteristic to be affected, this will count as 1 lower until injury is healed.

First attack: Critical hit - Determine Characteristic : 1d10 7

7 makes for reduced Intellect.//

Hmm. My Intellect is 1, so what's the impact of this? Am I essentially "braindead" (and therefore the match goes to Cheevil)? Or do we reroll? Or is it essentially a critical with no mechanical effect?

10 hours ago, SavageBob said:

So, I'm not clear on what I suffer from: Looks like a critical at +20 (who rolls this?), and 7 damage? But I have Cortosis armor and 6 Soak, so what actually gets through?

//Quick explanation: the Cortosis makes you ignore my LS's breach Quality so your full soak takes effect against all damage that I inflict on you.

As far as I know, statistics can be reduced to zero which makes one part of your dicepool a 0, and you'll only roll greens for Intellect based checks.//

Edited by Darth Lectus
11 minutes ago, Darth Lectus said:

//Quick explanation: the Cortosis makes you ignore my LS's breach Quality so your full soak takes effect against all damage that I inflict on you.

As far as I know, statistics can be reduced to zero which makes one part of your dicepool a 0, and you'll only roll greens for Intellect based checks.//

That works for me, but I'll wait for our illustrious GM, @awayputurwpn , to make the official pronouncement. Is Pango out of it?

6 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

That works for me, but I'll wait for our illustrious GM, @awayputurwpn , to make the official pronouncement. Is Pango out of it?

//Gods, I hope not.//