Sorry About The Mess: Arena A

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Bulk stopped his swing midair...

What was that... was she trying to reason with him... he can't remember when that someone ever tried...

He get cautious what did she want...

"Whats up, little one? thougth ya were a warrior like Bulk! Ya want to scare out? To give up, with ya little sparkler?"

He Paused.

"Me knows that I'am great warrior and me won't budge down on anybody... but If ya want to give up, I'll respect that wish for that you fought well!
Put out ya sparkler and lay it to da ground, then ya may go, knowing it was THE BULK who defeated you in the jungle of Rodia!"

While looking down on her keept his guard up.

// I'll use a maneuver for a defensive maneuver adding a black to both our checks in until the end of my next turn - just in case

BULK WT: 0/25 ST: 10/13 DP: 0 W / 3 B

Edited by Nightone

Charm Check - 1eB+1eP+3eA+1eD : 2 successes, 6 advantage [1eB=A/A] [1eP=S/A] [3eA=S, A, A/A] [1eD=-]
b-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png d--.png

Heal 4 strain. For my success the Bulk will remove his helmet thus your Verpine Headband is no longer in effect. And a black on your next check if any.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Like I said, off on the wrong foot green one. Oh I shouldn't call you that whats your name? Dan is it? An odd name for this part of the sector. I'm Sornin. Why don't we talk like reasonable sentients? Take off that helmet lest see that handsome face of yours"

Edited by SithArissa

// quite the strecht for a combat enc. but I'll go with it (it's to much fun ^^)

But I'll do a easy disciplecheck to at least look at the Bountyhunter Facialrecognition System of my HUD - since there are some bountys on ya pretty face - before taking of the helmet.

3eA+1eD+1eS : 0 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=A, A/A, A] [1eD=Th] [1eS=Th]
a-a.png a-a-a.png a-a.png d-th.png s-th.png

well you are one lucky girl, I'll recover 2 Strain, while now holding my helmet in my hands. taking of the helmet was the maneuver

//

He takes of his helmet and shows his "handsome" face... quite the mess ater years of Brawling and Bounty Hunting, and again he smiles his fearsome smile of nightmares.

"ya may see my face this one time - to remeber it well when ya are asleep! Now surrenda, I'll give ya this last chance before I finish ya of my self!" she was making him feel uncomfortable, he didn't like that, but he had to wear of the effect of the neurotoxin that broke in his hands... so he could use the short break to get his head clear.

"Last chance, PUT. DOWN. THAT. SABER. AND. GO. AWAY! OR FIGHT!"

She can be sure he WILL leash out at her, since all Bulk knows how to smash things and it seems he doesn't like talking...

BULK WT: 0/25 ST: 8/13 DP: 0 W / 3 B

Edited by Nightone

Negotiation - 4eA+1eD : 2 successes, 2 advantage [4eA=-, S, A/A, S/A] [1eD=Th]
a--.png a-s.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png

Add a black to your next check. My aim here was to force you to roll charm but that may be a bit to far?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Now, now Dan. I thought we were having a nice chat? why don't we find somewhere ....... relatively nice and have a sit down? Why don't you tell me about yourself? Where are you from? Come on I'm sure you have so much charm,"

Edited by SithArissa
2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Add a black to your next check. My aim here was to force you to roll charm but that may be a bit to far?

Yep that would be a bit to far of a stretch ^^

Instead I'll do a diciplin check trying to remeber (as incidential) your words from the begining of the Battle since it is only some minutes back it should be an easy check.

http://orokos.com/roll/561833

3eA+1eD+1eS : 1 failure, 1 advantage [3eA=S, S, A] [1eD=F/F] [1eS=F]
a-s.png a-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png s-f.png

those dice don't like me today... reducing one strain

//

He looked trouble there for a moment. he couldn't remember why he wanted to kill her before the talk...
"Please Girl GIVE UP! I don't want to kill ya anymore but I can't back out on the challenge.
Give up and go Home!
This is may last Warning! Talking time is over!"

Then he put on his helmet again.

// as an maneuver I put on the Helmet again to show my determination

BULK WT: 0/25 ST: 7/13 DP: 0 W / 3 B

Charm - 1eB+1eP+3eA+1eD : 3 successes, 3 advantage [1eB=A] [1eP=S/S] [3eA=A, A/A, S/S] [1eD=F/Th]
b-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png

And you can take the helmet right back off. Heal 1 strain to me. Black dice to you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She reached for the helmet and took it into her hands lifting it gently off his head and placing it in his hands again.

"Really you are being the stubborn one. Surely we've gotten past this, I mean we are almost friends now aren't we? I think you were going to have a talk about past times and such. Now why don't you try find us somewhere safe for a chat?"

BTW: as result of the little chat, Bulk really doesn't want to kill you, as long as he isn't enraged by you (which will only happen on a crit to him)

Effect of beeing calmed down: I won't use frenzie attack, I will pretend crits from getting critical (so thanks to precicion strik I make it thinks that hinder you temporarly) and I won't use lethal force, instead I'll try to just knock you out...

(I really thought you'd try to go for a called head shot to surpas all my soak at once ^^)

Ok this can go forth and back...

well then without my helmet, time for a crazy stunt
btw your saber seem off line since otherwise no charm check would ever let me alow that glowing stick anywhere near my head:

//

She looks in his entierly sad eyes and hears his sighn

"Ya know little one, never met a person so hesistant to fight or giving up! but I know how ugly I am and I really don't like that sweet talk... so do me a favour... just sleep now for a while!"

The moment the helmet would touched his hand he let it slip and it fell down, he grabed with his left hand for the second poach and grabbed another Sleeppack while trying to apply it through her stomach his palm tries to hit her face to send her into dreamspace!

// Two weapon attack, primary the sleep pack secondary the handpalm - hui difficulty 4... this will ether end this fight for you or me I guess oh yeah and 2 Strain for aiming twice
sleeppack draw is an incidential.

http://orokos.com/roll/561835

3eA+3eP+2eB+2eC+2eD+4eS : 2 failures, 3 advantage [3eA=S/A, S/S, A] [3eP=A/A, -, A/A] [2eB=-, S/A] [2eC=F/F, F/Th] [2eD=F, Th/Th] [4eS=F, F, Th, -]
a-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png c-f-f.png c-f-th.png d-f.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s--.png

those dice are really not in my favour today... I totaly miss.

regain 3 strain

BULK WT: 0/25 ST: 6/13 DP: 0 W / 3 B

Edited by Nightone

I dont know really what to do here. I can't win combat and you have no intention of sticking to social narrative, so might as well throw in the towel.

Edited by SithArissa

That why I let the helmet fall of and won't put it up again. feel free to make called shoots to surpas my cortosis armor all at once (i think that will make thinks fair for us both)

further more already socialed away most of my strong points (verpine headband, frenzy attack, crits highter than healing difficulty one, lethal damage) but it would insane for me to even try to make social checks against you since there is even fewer chance of any sucess, than you have now with an open spot in my Armor.

Edited by Nightone

Ok. Sorry @Nightone I'm feeling unwell again and has me down. I may actually have to drop from the contest after this altogether.

Suffer 2 strain for an aim manoeuvre to do the called shot with 2 setback flipping one destiny point to regain 4 strain.

Saber hit - 2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+4eS : 1 success [2eB=S, -] [2eP=A, A/A] [2eA=S, A] [2eD=Th/Th, Th] [4eS=-, Th, -, F]
b-s.png b--.png p-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png s--.png s-f.png

8 damage. reduced to 4 with a parry I guess?

// That's sad :( , it is so much fun to see your RPG-ing! Hope it is nothing to serious - Hope you can find the strength go go throug the finals somehow (just 1 - 3 Rounds!)
// (Arrgh now I feel somehow like a bully... bulky bully... :( did never want to destroy your spirit...)

// No I won't parry I'll eat the full 8 dmg ouch

It burns... the little "sparkler" was much more evil than he thought... he had forgotten for aminute that he wasn't wearing his helmet... the burning flesh on his face would be quite the reminder... still he didn't want to kill the girl... but he also didn't want to give up.

"Yeah let's have a fair fight now... let's see hoe is the better fighter not who is the better defender!" he growls ... somehow happily.
The scales of destiny may tip back to his favour ... or may forsake him no finaly

// Aiming once and useing martial grace (2 Strain for + 4 dmg), tryng to do Stun damage

3eA+3eP+1eB+2eC+3eS : 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph [3eA=S/S, A/A, -] [3eP=A/A, Tr, -] [1eB=S/A] [2eC=Th, F] [3eS=Th, F, Th]
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a--.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p--.png b-s-a.png c-th.png c-f.png s-th.png s-f.png s-th.png

Ok 16 Stun damage before soak and parry (i guess you parry ^^)

reduce myself 1 Strain and
I'll Upgrade my next skillcheck once for the triumph
one advantage for a crit: http://orokos.com/roll/562123

45+20 = 65 - But that would be a medium crit so I'll suffer one strain for Precision strike to make it a light one 15: Sudden Jolt - You dropp what ever is your hand (I guess you'll use resist disarm?)

//

He got throught her defenses but only with little effect... except for his last hit... his claws would have cut her throat if he hadn't redirected his hit to her shoulder, where a strong jolt went through her weaponarm.

That was close Dan... you don't want to kill her! Remeber that you big green idiot!

//

BULK WT: 8/25 ST: 8/13 DP: 1 W / 2 B

// Hey guys, not sure if there's already a GM here, and sorry it's so late, but social checks can easily be made to deal strain to your target—for example, Coercion can cause a target to take strain at the rate of 1 per 2 successes. Something to consider as a possiblity for social checks? //

@awayputurwpn in a social encounter yes in an battle encounter you would need talents like scathing tirade to pull that of , (otherwise the talent would be totally obsolet), or of course fearsome to cause fear checks. - But this is no social encounter it is an battle encounter with a small social brake for Arissa to gain a lot of bonusses ^^

and she got alot of direct effects out of her try to talk me out of battle:

I didn't attack for serveral rounds, put of my helmet including my verpine haedband (counting it as destroyed/ won't pick it up), openening my armor so she can actually hit me, won't use all of my "drop finaly-dead-combos" and even have to use precion strike to PREVENT any crit from beein mor then light, doing only stun damage - as long as she doesn't crit on me (narrativly the only way to enrage me again)

Would say that is much more than just some strain points that wouldn#t really effect me since then I would still wear my headband and helm... and had 3 more attacks until now... I think she got the better trade of (since I never was obliged to react to the talking in the first place ... but it is more fun that way even so now I really have to be carefull, and that way she had an actual chance since she had no other way to stop me up to now)

Edited by Nightone
1 hour ago, Nightone said:

@awayputurwpn in a social encounter yes in an battle encounter you would need talents like scathing tirade to pull that of , (otherwise the talent would be totally obsolet),

// Not obsolete—twice as good, and even better against multiple enemies. //

Bulk has gotten back enough strain that its moot now anyway.

Parry to reduce damage by 10. Soak 3 to leave 3. Take 3 for the parry. and pay 2 to resist disarm. So I'm at 8 Strain.

Called saber hit - 2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+4eS : 3 successes, 3 advantage [2eB=S/A, -] [2eP=S/A, S/A] [2eA=S/S, A] [2eD=-, F] [4eS=-, -, Th, F]
b-s-a.png b--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d--.png d-f.png s--.png s--.png s-th.png s-f.png

Hit for 11 damage before parry. Heal 3 strain.

W - 4/13 S - 5/16

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This brute had a funny idea of trying not to hurt her. The agony in her shoulder made gripping the shoto difficult as it was without him targeting the joint a second time. She lashed out at his 'handsome' face once again. Cutting just above the brow she could smell the burn bite into his skin.

"Could have done this the easy way, but you had to be as stubborn as a Bantha with a headache! Well perhaps I'll use your hide like a Bantha skin rug once I peel it from your flesh!"

// Ouch - ok this time I parry unarmed for 2 Strain to reduce the damage to 7 ... this kitten has claws ^^

counter attack...

2eA+4eP+2eC+3eS : 0 successes [2eA=A/A, S] [4eP=S, -, -, S/A] [2eC=Th/Th, F] [3eS=F, Th, F]
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-s.png p--.png p--.png p-s-a.png c-th-th.png c-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-f.png

So many unlucky rolls in one match..

as an incidental after the attack I'm drawing a stimpack from my military pouch and as my maneuver I'll use it for some Pain relief (5 Wounds)

//

Somehow this wasn't going well. She atacked his head and only his quick reaction allowed him to not collect even more scars He tried to restrain himself from hitting to hard but therefore his counter has gotten slower and he couldn't hit that Twi'lek at all!
"ya know I really like banthas! Theire flesh tastes most delicious when served raw and bloody! Care for a dinner once I have beaten you?"

His attacks gave him a little bit of room to quickly grab a stimpack from one of his belt pouches and injected it, the pain in his face faded a little bit. He had to end this somehow quick... this sparkler was more evil than he had imagined...

//

BULK WT: 10/25 ST: 10/13 DP: 1 W / 2 B

Sorry haven't been able to do much lately.

Saber Hit - 2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+4eS : 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph [2eB=A/A, S/A] [2eP=S/A, Tr] [2eA=A, A] [2eD=F, Th] [4eS=-, Th, Th, F]
b-a-a.png b-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png s-th.png s-f.png

8 damage to you. Heal 3 strain with advantage. Upgrade your next attack with the triumph.

W - 4/13 S - 2/16

Also that last hit should have only been 10 so you will be

W - 9/25 S - 10/13

Destiny still the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

An acrobatic flip and strike, Arissa hit the Bulk once again clean over the head leaving another deep cut along his cheek. She pirouetted as if in a dance. Her red blade flowing like a ribbon on a twirling baton. Elegance and grace verses brute strength and power.

Edited by SithArissa

//sorry will need some time to reply. I am not at home this weekend... and replying by cellphone is always a bit ... crapy for me.

Will answer as sooo as I got a good enought i-net Connection and enought time on my hands

// I'll take the hit, landing at 17/ 25, then I'll attack after an incidential to put away the sleeppack.

2 weapon attack, brawl + aiming twice (2 strain)

3eA+3eP+2eB+3eC+3eS : 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Despair [3eA=S, S, S/A] [3eP=-, S, -] [2eB=-, A/A] [3eC=D, F/Th, Th/Th] [3eS=-, Th, F]
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png p--.png p-s.png p--.png b--.png b-a-a.png c-d.png c-f-th.png c-th-th.png s--.png s-th.png s-f.png

this is really not my match... so many blank possitiv dice no triumphs or advantages..., well one threat and a despair for you to use

and 11 Stun damage...

(at least Bulk will learn from this experience... to never listen to an enemy again ^^ and never try to outstrain an makashi duellist )

W - 17/25 S - 12/13

//

She was to quick and he wasn't able to keep up anymore... still he refused to use his full strength against her... she seemed so fragile but she was **** of a fighter... as long as he keept himself from overdoing it!

// In the case that you'll do more than 8 damage next round I'll use "mind over matter" to regain strain to parry then ... not done yet!

Parry to reduce by 10 and soak the one, take 3 strain for the parry. You take 1 strain 13/13 with the threat. With the despair I am using the environment effect stinging insect nest. You take 2 strain now which would put you over your threshold but I assume your skill is out of turn to recover it putting you to 12/13 . Either way you don't have enough strain to parry and you also take 2 strain from the nest each turn until you move. Moving also takes strain on this map. If I'm right that's you out. But I still have a turn do you want me to do the last attack or is there no point?

Haha... right those nasty insects... well what ever you do I am out of the loop with only one DP to flip... the biggest creatures... beaten by the smallest....

Well I learned my lesson... never again listen to the opponent *g* (AND I need better dice luck... this time those dice really hated me)

Congratulation Arissa! (5 EXP for you for the finals)

you may do some final RPG-ing if ya like

10 EXP for the sore loser... ME!!

and thanks for the really great Roleplay @SithArissa

Edited by Nightone

You gave me a lot of advantages I shouldn't have really had here so it doesn't feel like an honest win.

Killing Blow - 2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+4eS : 1 success, 2 advantage [2eB=A/A, A] [2eP=-, S/A] [2eA=-, S/S] [2eD=F, Th] [4eS=-, -, Th, F]
b-a-a.png b-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png a--.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png s--.png s-th.png s-f.png

So would put you to W - 25/25 S - 12/13. I'm at W - 4/13 S - 6/16. Then on the pass of the turn 2 strain to you from the nest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That last swing took Arissa off guard and she was barely able to parry in time. The hit still knocked her off her feet onto the muddy mossy jungle floor. Her head bumped off the ground and she rolled onto her hands and knees groaning. Then she saw it. Some kind of small insectoid hive. Without even thinking she grabbed at it and flung the round angrily buzzing thing into the Bulks face. The Hive came alive with activity as it partially shattered over his face small little bugs flying everywhere but the highest concentration were nipping painfully at Bulks green skinned head. Arissa saw an opportunity and took a running leap with Saber poised to strike. The blade cut into his skull a good few inches before she pulled back to not draw the ire of the bugs that were still focused on their perceived attacker. Bulk staggered and tried to speak, than fell to one knee the strain of the fight and the now quite substantial amount of the little creatures venom taking its toll on his normally resilient body. Arissa raised one booted foot and not so much kicked but shoved the brute onto his back. A thud echoed through the trees as he toppled finally onto the slightly damp clearing floor.

"Well time to finish......."

She turned before finishing the sentence as a howl came from the depths. Something else was out there now. A small growl of her own escaped before she could catch it.

"Well, Daan, seems you wont have the honour of letting me finish you. But I'm sure this beast will have a full belly once its taken the prime cuts off your worthless hide."

The thing was getting closer quickly, very quickly. It had a scent of prey and she had no intention of being that prey. It was time to resume the search for her masters trinkets. Ones she wouldn't find. At least thats what she would tell the Master. Soon. Soon it'll be time to deal with her just as she had this Nikto.

On 31.10.2017 at 6:14 PM, SithArissa said:

You gave me a lot of advantages I shouldn't have really had here so it doesn't feel like an honest win.

Well I was willing to accept your Socialchecks rolls so it became more fair (otherwises you would never been able to even scratch me which would be boring... well don't expect me to be this generous in the finals ^_^ ),

if you were a player at my table, I would have awarded you with extra EXP for this way of combat influence (and depending on the story that would be running ether I would have let Bulk follow you for a sweet chat or at least would have presented you the same advantages.)

Only if This was the final Boss Fight of an Arc you may wouldn't had have such an easy way to talk (the enemy would have at least an higher social pool than my Bulk PC has ^^, or it would be one of this "you know he won't listen to you and any effort to talk would mostly be in vain"-situations (which any finalround against me will be ^^.)

but netherless in my eyes this was a total fair and honest win for you! And it was really more fun for me than a one hit killer kombo that I needed on some of the other just to be able to win (TDs and concussive weapons... aren't nice in these live or death 1v1 situations)

Oh yeah AND I totaly missed out any luck in my rolls!

Congrats again!