@Nightone with The Bulk vs. @Imperial Stormtrooper with Omega
" A Green Menance !"

Location = D25 http://orokos.com/roll/570634
4 = Detention Block without Droids

Range = D3 (1= short / 2= Medium / 3= Long) http://orokos.com/roll/570635
2 = medium
Initative = D2 (1= Cool / 2= Vigilance) http://orokos.com/roll/570636
2 = Cool

Destiny = D2 (1= Player 1 gets White / 2= Player 2 get White) http://orokos.com/roll/570637
1= Bulk gets to use White, Omega Black

You may roll Initative and Destiny Points any time!

The moon Ruul in the Orbit of Sriluur hides a secret imperial prison - the so called Tarkin-Prison - Omega and Bulk inprisoned for deed thay (of course) never did (officially) waiting for theire sentence, when suddenly a rebell attack wracks havoc on the moon. In the ruckus of the prisonriot both Humanoids can recover theire equipment to fight seriously.

It is then that they meet once again in the Entry hallway of the detention block... starring in each other eyes.

The Door entrances may be used for cover as well as the computer terminal in the middle of the room (short distance from each wall) the room is quite narrow (medium distance from wall to wall, like the one we see on the death star in "A New Hope")

The Turbolift is sealed, but there are three doorways to the cells, all quite narrow (space for two men side by side) and with a low celling, here the the entrances to the cells can grant cover, but those are dead ends from the entrace hall to the end alway long distance.

Otherwise there is nothing to mention (it is the most borring place when there are no Stormies to run from ^^)

Furthermore we may use the enviomental table

Edited by Nightone

Destiny Pool - http://orokos.com/roll/570658

1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Initative - Cool http://orokos.com/roll/570657

1eA : 1 success, 1 advantage [1eA=S/A]
a-s-a.png

Let's get this show on the road!

His Equipment wasn't well guarded... those Imperials seem to think that noone would ever dare to escape their prisons... Well they thought Wrong. When He was ready to go he came back to the entry hall of this part of the detension area... there he saw him,... he remembered him... that Kyozu was the foul player that used thermal detonators on him instead of fighting him.. "Came back for revanche? Hope ya learned ya leasson last time!"

: 1eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png

And I'm going to flip one of those DPs to upgrade my initiative check.

Cool, I better win... or else something very bad will happen... : 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s-a.png

wow, my best roll for cool ever with this character. What do you think about the triumph, free maneuver before we start?

Oh! I forgot to spend my XP, oh well I'll wait until next round (assuming there's a next round for me).

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

What do you think about the triumph, free maneuver before we start?

Yes Totally! use a free maneuver, than your own turn.

Oh and If you attack me with the bow or a TD I'll use a DP to activate Coordination Doge (adding 4 Failures to your check)

'Not him again' Omega thought to himself.

Ouch, I didn't notice until now how terrible the environment is for my character. But ah, well. Out of curiosity (it won't change what I do this round), how often can you use Coordination Dodge?

Ok, so I'll use my free maneuver to get halfway to long range, and 1 maneuver next round to get all the way to long, suffer two strain to pull out the energy bow, and fire!

FIRE! : 4eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png s--.png

sigh, well that's 2 failures, with 2 advantage. I forget can I trigger knockdown of a failed attack? I can't remember and I don't want to get my books out now. If so I'll do that otherwise I'll add a boost die to my next check.

Omega knew what was coming, and he knew he had to get out of this prison. He darted away from the green monstrosity as fast as he could until he reached the maximum range for his bow, then pulling it from its holster he fired, the shot flew past his opponent and struck the far wall. 'Karabast!' Omega thought to himself 'Now I'll never get out of here...'

He needs to flip a destiny point to use coordination dodge @Imperial Stormtrooper so he can't use it again till you flip back a point.

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

sigh, well that's 2 failures, with 2 advantage. I forget can I trigger knockdown of a failed attack? I can't remember and I don't want to get my books out now. If so I'll do that otherwise I'll add a boost die to my next check.

No, to activate any weapon quality you need a sucessfull hit (that's why I used the C-dodge ^^) [exceppt vor crits where you also need to do damage] - So one boost for you.

3 hours ago, SithArissa said:

He needs to flip a destiny point to use coordination dodge @Imperial Stormtrooper so he can't use it again till you flip back a point.

Glaadly he flip one for his Initative check so I still have one to go with ^^

Edited by Nightone
4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ok, so I'll use my free maneuver to get halfway to long range, and 1 maneuver next round to get all the way to long, suffer two strain to pull out the energy bow, and fire!

ok so you are now in one of the dead end corridors.

An arrow? That was an arrow, wasn't it? How old fashion! I like it!

Smiling he followed the Kuyzo into the corridor.

"Not much space here, little one, but if ya preffa this to fight I'll gladly take da challenge!"

//well not much I can do right now, using 2 Maneuvers (downgrade of one action) to follow you back to medium.

will flip another DP if you attack me with TD or BOW to use C-Dodge for 4 failures

Omega knew that he had to hit now or it was going to all go wrong, fortunately he had plenty of time to line up his shot as his charging enemy, and fired again.

Suffer two strain to aim twice, the fire as an action.

Fire... again... please hit : 4eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+1eS 6 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png a-a.png b-s.png b-s.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png s--.png

Nice. So that's 2 (6-4) successes. Leading to 9+2 damage with pierce 5. I think the 1 threat is yours to spend.

Omega's shot found its mark it didn't knock him over like his bow was supposed to, but hopefully it would slow him down.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Sorry it took me so long to answer, I was at the games-fair in Stuttgart helping at the RPG booth all weekend long!

nice nummber of sucesses by the way! Thats 2 Damgage I'll eat (pierce won't affect my cortosis armor)

The threat will suffer one strain

I guess you'll use Dodge2 to try and evade me, since this could be your last chance?! (otherwise I'll reroll red as purple)

2 (=2 strain) maneuvers to move from medium to short to engaged, then I'm using frenzy attack to upgrade my attack once (+1 Strain), I'll attack with a two handed combo (+1 difficulty) and the 2 dodge upgrades

attack head on: http://orokos.com/roll/571971

eA+4eP+2eC+1eD : 1 failure [2eA=S, S] [4eP=-, S, A/A, -] [2eC=Th/Th, F/F] [1eD=F/F]
a-s.png a-s.png p--.png p-s.png p-a-a.png p--.png c-th-th.png c-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Wow it remembers me off my fight against Arrissa. I don't hit ya... it seems

//

The arrow glaced his shoulder, all the training of the last time had his feet become much quicker he realised.
"Ya fight much better this time! I like it!" he shouted while diving into his opponents close combat space. But the Kyozo seemed also to has gained some survival instinct and was avoiding him at all.

"Were ya always a fast as a mungoryan squirral?"

No problem. Yep I did want to use both dodges, saved some time.

Ok so one maneuver to get behind you and disengage, then I'll drop the bow and suffer two strain to pull out a shaped TD (sorry but my character is so easy to beat as it is). Then attack:

Last Chance Saloon : 3eP+2eA+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png d-th.png s--.png

So that's 22 (20+2) damage, and I'll crit twice with the 4 advantage, so that crit will be at +60 (Vicious 5).

Critical with Shaped TD : 1d100+60 149

Ouch, I think that's "The End is Nigh." So you'll have one round to force what I think would be a draw. Also, I will dodge twice again, and flip a DP if you attack me (which I'm assuming you will).

Omega's shot had not slowed his opponent as much as he had hoped, then the Nikto was upon him. Omega dodged the flurry of claws, and ended up against the wall, almost out of his opponents sight. Seeing his chance he darted out of his opponents reach, stopped a short distance away and dropped his bow. And pulled a grenade off of his belt, "Yes, I was." he said throwing the grenade at his opponent. A spectacular explosion filled the hallway in front of him, 'not even he could survive that' Omega thought to himself 'not for long anyway.' Omega paused waiting to see what remained of his opponent.

TD... thought you had changed that out... o well, ether I'll defeat you now in one hit or I will die right after I try, it won't be a draw ether way since the first one down is the loser and "the end is nigh" will proc at the end of turn..." (this are the finals no draws possible)

Damge 22-9 = 13

ok so all or nothing: maneuver 1 engaging, maneuver 2 aim, upgrade by frenzy attack, adding coordination as damage to the whole check by martial grace, adding 1 difficulty for 2 weapon (claws) attack, upgrading 3 times due to 2 times dodge and 1 dp by you. I try to knock you out by dealing STRAINDAMAGE!

GGYYYYBRRR - Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Deciding Attack - http://orokos.com/roll/572511

2eA+4eP+1eB+3eC : 2 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=A, A] [4eP=S/A, S/A, S/A, -] [1eB=S] [3eC=Th/Th, Th/Th, F/F]
a-a.png a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p--.png b-s.png c-th-th.png c-th-th.png c-f-f.png

Those red are really not liking me! a close call

So damage is 10+4+2 = 16 - 5 Soak = 11 Strain damage = 20/14 your out COLD before me, my victory it seems!

The advantage is just for narrative I'll somehow manage to keep standing until the imperial Guards arrive and then I'll turn the DP so they would give me an emergency treatmeant so I won't die on the crit in the aftermath! (just fluff)

//

The Explosion...
the pain,
his back was full of blood, his facial skin nearly not existent anymore
again....AGAIN!
"FOUL YOU DID IT AGAIN!! YA BETRAYED THE SACRED GROUND OF WARRIORS!
YA BETRAYED THIS DUELL!! YA BETRAYED ME!!!"
Bulk jumped right out of the explosion into the Kyozus face, a quick slap to the tempel and one to the sternum pushed all the air out of the lungs of the soldier.
"I won't just kill ya! I will beat da crap out of you! Again and again! I will hunt ya down where ever ya are hiding, I will find every last member of ya lowlifes familie an' make them suffer for your behavior! YA SHALL NEVER FIND PEACE AGAIN! YA WORLD WILL ONLY BE PAIN AND SORROW FROM NOW ON!"

some more hits to head and body and then Omega crashed down to the floor out of conciounes.
The adrenalin ruhing through his body keept Dan Liam standing for a minute or so, then he felt the cold...

Big words for someone dying huh? Well if I am lucky the guards will find us and won't tell him that I am dead... that way at least I will haunt him for the rest of his miserable little life...

He heared the turbolift behind him, some voice shouting something... he didn't care anymore... couldn't stand anymore went down to his knee... something pushed him hard over... he lost conciousness... fading away...

Much later he will wake up in a Bacta Tank, surrounded by some guards and Medi droids... May be I will be able to fullfill my oath, but first some vaccation within imperial custody it seems... that was a close call... I hate those Thermaldetonators!
he glaced over to a table were the bloody remains of his armor were still lieing ... Oh Boy! He will be sorry for this mess!
Fading away again

Closing the match with:

WT 15/25; ST 8/14; DP 0-3 and a lot of luck

I would think it would be a draw (even though its a final), since we would both be dead or over our wound threshold. I'm not trying to sound over literal (which I tend to do outside RPGs) but this is the closest I've actually come to winning with this character (or at least not-losing). Perhaps it would be best to see what everyone else thinks.

There could be a re-match if there was a draw, or some other way of settling the dead-lock.

Well in this case let's have an GM decide

@Richardbuxton or @awayputurwpn who ever can answer first:

I got hit by a crit of 149 - End is Nigh. But was able to knock Imperial Stormtrooper out of conciousness before it would proc at the end of the round.

I wanted to use one advantage to to postpone the proc by a little time and used an DP for emergency treatment by the prison guards afterwards.

Should this be in sense of this PvP-Tournament:

a) a draw since the knock out of both character would be in the same turn - ignoring any use of advatages and DPs
b) a win since I took the enemy out via Straindamage before I my self would die - ignoring any use of advatages and DPs
c) a win because thanks to the advantage and DP flip I am able to survive

in case of a draw we will have to do a rematch.

Edited by Nightone

d) a loss because you die whilst your opponent is unconscious.

(I make no judgement, just could see it as an option)

would apply within the normal rpg yes, but in the rules for this tornament this is not the cse, the loser is who ever is down first ether by Strain, Wound or crit.

Here is only to decide if it is counted as draw for beein in the same round (if the DP flip is ignored) or if it by the order of when someone goes down!.

Tough call.

If a draw, tournament rules don't call for a rematch, do they? We'd have to deliberate on that if it ever actually happened.

The Destiny Point can't be spent the way you spent at the end though, @Nightone , since involving NPCs goes against the spirit of the rules set forth at the beginning of the tournament when we explicitly removed all NPCs from the arenas. And also a Destiny Point to auto-heal a crit is just wayyyy overpowered :)

You still have a round in which you can attempt to heal the crit, but unless you can, I'd call it a draw. Getting technical here, but remember that we set the rules that "duels are to the death or surrender"—not "to the knockout." Knockouts are usually the deciding factor, of course—you can't stop someone killing you if you're unconscious—but this is unprecedented, and forces us to abide by the rules we agreed to at the outset of the tournament.

Since neither of you surrendered , I'd rule that the crit extends the encounter clock by one round: you have one round to either try and kill Omega by causing him the crit of 150 (whereupon you would win by a nose), a crit of "the end is nigh" whereupon you would truly draw (since rounds would be over and you'd essentially die side-by-side), or heal your own crit and thereby win by default, like most of our fights have been. Otherwise I'd say the win belongs to Omega, for actually outright killing The Bulk.

Edited by awayputurwpn
Clarity & spelling errors

@awayputurwpn so to heal my crit would have to use use medicine or would a resillence check be also apropiate?

Or if I go for the Kill would I still battle again the normal difficulty (2) or since the enemy is cold out and can't even move would it be a simple one in addition to the boost for my victim lying on the ground?

And just for the unlikely case that I should exceed his Doubled Wound Threshold, will any further damage add +1/+10 to the Crit roll?

it is eather way a gamble so I'd like to know what my difficultys are before I'll try the last check... (trembling in fear)

Edited by Nightone

So sorry, been away from home and on mobile data, and the forum editor kept timing out when I tried to post a reply...

I'd say that yes, the Difficulty is Simple (-). Regarding critical injuries, I'd say that any damage inflicted (Ie. exceeding soak) on an incapacitated foe should allow an automatic critical injury, if the attacker desires.

Does that sound acceptable? It seems the simple way of handling things, since the rules don't really delve into PVP coup-de-grace attempts :D

OK here it comes, the last desperate move to win or lose!

Using Frenzy Attack (1 Upgrade, 1 Strain)
Using 2 times Aim (2 Boost, 2 strain)
Using Martial Grace (4 damage to the next brawl Skillcheck! 2 Strain)
Attacking with two weapons (claw and claw, adding one difficulty)
gaining 1 Boost for victim on ground

Trying to make mince meat kyozu : http://orokos.com/roll/575943

2eA+4eP+3eB+1eD : 6 successes, 4 advantage [2eA=-, A] [4eP=S/S, S/A, S/A, S/S] [3eB=-, A/A, -] [1eD=Th]
a--.png a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png b--.png b-a-a.png b--.png d-th.png

So that is 10+6+4 = 20 Damage-5 Soak = 15 / 18 WT

2 Advantages for second hit = 20 Damage-5 Soak = 30/ 18 WT (autocrit)

1 advantage to crit on the first hit http://orokos.com/roll/575945

49+10 (lethal blows) = 59 - Using Improved Precision Strike (2 strain) to change the outcome to 80 overpowered - I may attack with the same conditions/ dicepool once again! (this brings me over the strain Threshold but my Verpine headband keeps me on my feet but coverts the exceeding strain to wounds)

1 advantage to add 10 to the (auto) second crit http://orokos.com/roll/575946

5 +10 lethal blows +10 former crit +10 advantage = 35 stunned

The overpowering attack (hoping for lot s and lots of advantages...) http://orokos.com/roll/575947

2eA+4eP+3eB+1eD : 8 successes, 4 advantage [2eA=S, S/S] [4eP=S/S, S/A, A, S/S] [3eB=A/A, A/A, -] [1eD=Th/Th]
a-s.png a-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png b-a-a.png b-a-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png

10+8 = 18-5 Soak = 43/18 auto crit (this is why I asked what to do once the double WT is crossed since the CBRs only mention that it is only noted up to that point)

2 advantages for second hit

10+8 = 18-5 Soak = 56/18 auto crit

3rd (auto) crit = http://orokos.com/roll/575948

81 + 10 (LB) + 20 former Crit = 111 Temporaly Lame ... using precision strike (1 Strain/damage) to change to Discouragin Wound - fliping one DP into my favor.

4th (auto crit) = http://orokos.com/roll/575949

46 + 10 + 30 = 106 Horrific Injury.

2 Advantages are converted to a boost dice

fliping the DP to gain at least a resillence check as Incidential against that crit wound to heal it...

if GM approves @awayputurwpn

6eA+1eB+4eD : 1 success, 1 advantage [6eA=A/A, S, A, S/A, S, S] [1eB=-] [4eD=F/F, F/Th, Th, Th]
a-a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png a-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

with this I should survive, shouldn't I?

Edited by Nightone

Not the GM, obviously, but the double wound threshold is just where you stop counting wounds (ie you'll never have to heal more than double wound total in a bacta tank), so definitely I'd keep having you take wounds on hits.

Skipping a week's rest part of the resilience check would seem incredibly cheap to me for a destiny point check. If you really twisted my arm I might give you just a night's rest with one. Certainly letting you have no rest, and giving you a check as an incidental is way out.

So your only chance would be a medical check, against difficulty 6 (not sure if you have medical equipment - but if not, burn that DP to get it), which would of course also require using an action.

3 hours ago, Darzil said:

Not the GM, obviously, but the double wound threshold is just where you stop counting wounds (ie you'll never have to heal more than double wound total in a bacta tank), so definitely I'd keep having you take wounds on hits.

yeah but that is the confusing part:

a squishy person like let#s say diplomat with 14 WT that eat lets say 52 damage will stop counting on 28 an beeing up on his feet after 28 hours.

a really bulky guy with a WT of 24, will count on up to 48... and then needs 48 hours to come back to senses... after taking the same amaount of total damage.

I know some set an auto crit of 150 once some one crosses the Double WT, other (like my table) just increase the crit roll by 10 for every additional woundpoint over the double... but those are all house rules since the corebooks don't mention any consequences other than that a bodily better builded person needs more recovery time than a little whim that keeps fainting every time a harder wind blows in his face.

oh and to heal a crit is alway only the difficulty of the crit itself... so 4

Edited by Nightone

I shouldn't matter how 'bulky' the character is you cant just shrug off impending death. This isn't a situation where you can 'just walk it off champ'. And @Darzil is correct in it would be a 6 difficulty medical check as you increase them if you are doing the medicare to yourself by 2 for a total of 6. And another if you don't have any medical equipment for 7.

The Resilience check must be made after a week, and The Bulk doesn't have a week. Medicine is the only way to immediately heal yourself. And the choice was given—either use your action to try and make the kill, or use it to try and heal yourself. You don't get an extra action for a Destiny Point :)

Nice try though.