Sorry About The Mess: Arena A

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Yep, I had to roll 140+ on that first crit to even draw...

With an opponent that likes confined spaces a glass cannon character doesn't work very well...

Perhaps the next heat will lead to a more "interesting" battle for both of us (at least a longer one perhaps).

Edit: Reset my character sheet for next time.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
new information

Shouldn't you be at 17/18 wounds if he cannot do the Martial Grace twice per turn?

I think even then it's a crit of 154 so dead...

Yeah I forgot he has crit 1 on his claws.

7 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

I believe Martial Grace is a once per round talent, but even just spending an advantage to Crit and add 40 with the others the Droid is no more.

yeah your right (it was 0:20 am when I wrote this so... sorry but even with 4 damge less and the -10 on the crit it is still over 150 so, yeah no difference ^^ will correct it.

7 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Yep, I had to roll 140+ on that first crit to even draw...

With an opponent that likes confined spaces a glass cannon character doesn't work very well...

Perhaps the next heat will lead to a more "interesting" battle for both of us (at least a longer one perhaps).

Edit: Reset my character sheet for next time.

Yeah my luck was the free maneuver at the start and that you didn't roll 80+ on the d100, I had to go all out otherwise the next S-TD would have killed me.

But I was suprised that you used the S-TD first, would have thougth you'd try to use "knock down" with the bow then leaping for 3 strain from short range in front of me to short range behind me and than just take a walk to medium for 2 more strain... that way I could not have reached you so fast.

Edited by Nightone

And here the RP part:

Bulk was happy to see an enemy not running like a little girl... "this will be good fig..." he didn't came any further... the Kyuzo made a side step to hide behind some crates and drew some kind of tiny object and threw it into his direction. It flew slightly behind him... then came the BOOOM.

The detonation was fierce and nearly broutgh Bulk to his knees. He couldn't see very well after the shock was gone, his armor protected him well, he realized. But his limps were cramped and his fist felt numb. When he looked over his shoulder he saw a hole with in the walkway and the ceiling... that little mischief had thrown a thermal detonator at him... within an ship that was floating through the space... !!!

That was no good fight anymore, no worthy opponent, this was more like cheating! BULK HATES CHEATING!! His vision went red while all his sense switch from defeate an enemy to kill an unworthy obstacle in his way.

He went totally frenzy, with a small leap he jump over the crates aiming for the head of the Kyuzo. That little rat tried to roll out of the Niktos way to dodge what was incoming. He had no chance in doing so. The nikto started an full assault on his enemy, the Head was hit first and Bulk could tell that this alone would already disorient his enemy, another smashing hit went to the hand that had drawn the grenade and crumbled it. "won't be easy to do such an foul again, puny one!" the he closed his first combo with an punctoating hit with his razor sharp claws to the enemys sternum.

When he realized that his enemy had trouble to breath an move Bulk was ready to use this oppening... he attacked once again without mercy. he grabed the head of the Kyuzo and smashed it to the wall next to them, after that he lifted the lightwight over his head with his two claws and smashed him down on his knee.

He felt the spine of Kyuzo breaking, and heared the last cought of the enemy before his eyes went dim and the body lost all tension at once... the Kyuzo was dead...

His sight cleared up, he begann to really feel the pain of his own wound on his back, just now he realized there was an alarm on... of course the detonator must have triggered this. On the other side of the hole and the corridor some security staff and a medic-team came into the passage.

"May be you'll be lucky, if you surviev you should think twice the next time you throw such cheating bombs at me!"

he threw the body over the gap, the rescue team could catch him and the medics startet a reanimation procedure right away.

meanwhile the security-members were shooting at him to not move... well for Bulk it was the sign to leafe, his Z-95 Headhunter had his own hyperdrive so no reason to stay any longer on this ship...

While he was running away he wasn't to happy about the fight... just Happy enough because BULK SMASH GOOD!!

Congrats to champion @Nightone

Whatever the result is for winning, (besides a better chance of winning) you will reap them.

ROUND 2

Determing Location : 17 Volcanic Canyon ... Welcome to Mustafar

Determing Starting Range : 84 Long Range ... again... Those d100 don't like me

Determing initative: 50 Cool ... yep the D100 hates me today especially.

I'll choose 1-50: For the Force Pip desicion - you may roll @LordBritish

will wait with my initaive check until the pips are decided.

The Location:

Canyons made from centuries of volcanic activity twist and wind their way across the landscape. Narrow corridors of volcanic stone and
erupting steam vents make navigating the canyons difficult, not to mention perilous.There are Caves and lava streams all around.
Two Black due to heat to all Strength and Agility checks, And one Black due to Smoke to all Checks involving sight (attacks, perception, vigilance)
Would be ok, don't you think?

???????

That's what you think

Oh boy; things esclated quickly from a back ally brawl to mustifar! My justification for being here will be difficult. XD

Destiny : 1d100 54

You win the toss off. ^__^ I am struggling with a unversity

edit: Wait a minute, I won the toss off. XD I chose lightside. and now rolling.

Destiny : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

(The situation seems quite firmly in my favour, however you are much better equipped for the environment and my guns are largely ineffective; I might as well have not brought Lancers at all. So most likely I will be aiming to break your toys before you get engaged with me. Good Luck!)

"Phew, bloody ****, how was I meant to know the archologist got his temples mixed up with Darth Vader's bloody temple! Even with the big guy gone, the empire still keep a tight fist over his lands. Still, only got a mile to the evack point."

The Rodian sighed as he patted down his sweating forehead with a rag cloth; from start to finish this turned out to be a terrible job. An archaeologist hired him for simple in out job; go in, get the relics with a simple security team, get out and be back in Hutt Space before the Blue milk warmed. Dead simple. Now the only thing dead was the archaeologist and his hired guns. Still Tanson though still young was a experienced opportunist, he saw the chips and had vanished just as the first shots were being fired from the force that streamed out of the fortress; meaning he had a significant head start. Sure He was a body guard; but taking shots from a imperial garrison was way above his pay grade. His boss would understand; he wasn't at his older brother's level yet, not by a long shot.

Or at least he had thought so; in the distance the Rodian clipped his dark blue helm down and checked a distant figure with his silver holo lense; he could see someone and for the first time since that Mandolorian, 2 months ago now, he had a bad feeling about it.

Cool! : 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png

(Given that he can't actually beat Tanson's check; I figured I won't spend Rapid reactions. XD)

The Rodian froze and clocked the green reptile with a gaze as he assessed the threat; no obvious weapon, a hitck hiker? The military grade armour went against that however. Would he move on? It's heading would decide that.

Edited by LordBritish

Determing DP : 2 White ... really why does the odds hate me so much this time?
1eF : 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]
f-ls-ls.png

Dertermin initative: 1 (at least it is not blank ^^")

1eA : 1 success [1eA=S]
a-s.png

While still unhappy with the match from the big spaceship where the punny kyuuzo had tried to cheat at him with a thermal detonator, "the Bulk" was escaping hyperspace, when all his systems went rouge und all Allerts went on. **** he hadn't paying attention to the coordinates... he somehow ended off in an Empireal High Security Sector...

sometimes you can be lucky enought to be in the wrong place at the right time!

The empireal officer had immediatly scaned his ship and found out Bulks Bountyhunter ID, then he send him down to the big red and black Planet to some coordinates to catch some guy that was on the run... if he did so he wouldn't be charged for his mistake in astronavigation.

"Must be an escapee or an terrorist! Well good enought to flee the bucketheads means maybe good enought to battle me"

A smile went over his green face, may be this day won't be such a downled after all.

He landed the Ship at the end of a volcanic canyon, the tracker signal of the empires satelite scanners indicated that his target would come this way. a short scan of the enviorment showed him a lot of natural hazards and a cave system allaround...

After some minutes of walking he registered a movement in front of him, then he activated the vision enchancement of his helmet. Yes there was someone runing like a whomprat chased by a crayt dragon.

"HEY YOU! WANNA HAVE A DECENT AND FAIR FIGHT WITH ME? WON'T KILL YA IF YA LIKE TO SPARE FAIR!" he shouted over the black coal like ground.

He was smiling, hoping this one was no cheater like the last one.

Waiting for his opponent to come closer.

WT: 0/25 ST:0/13 DP:4 Light
Edited by Nightone

(Maybe desiring a fair fight is your problem. When you can break a man like Bane, there are few things that

Oh, did I mention I would probably forward these battles to my GM as good character advice? Good bounty hunters? Sounds ravishing to me!

In the nature of good sport; I will spend 1 DP from light to dark to obtain a thermal cloak for this exchange. That way you have 1 DP to work with. ^^ As such, for this encounter I ignore the two setback dice generated from the heat, BUT not from smoke.)

The Rodian flinched as the imposing figure addressed him loudly, his voice carried down the canyon like a force of nature as the simple honest statement carried down the natural fork in the Canyon, rather irritatingly, this gun for hire had put him right between him and the LZ, the rodian cursed..

"By the emperor's scrotum, a bloody honest one is the last thing I need."

WOAH! Thankfully that was unlikely to carry on the wind given his low pitch of voice, the Rodian sighed as he rifled though the pocket to the utility belt and pulled out a small beaker of booster blue, that he downed a small phrase.

"Cheer's Tobie."

With that out of the way, the Rodian lowered his hands to the belt, all the while talking on an open com. Unlike this fellow his voice carried a steady voice that carried a strong, confident tone that seemed quite soothing; almost friendly as he reached down for his blaster.

"Sorry there bud; you might not kill me but those white troopers might when you hand me in. Besides, as uncle Dlinger used to say..."

Lancer Shot; Long range, booster blue and first strike. *Hoping to get lucky.) : 4eP+2eB+3eD+3eS 0 successes, 4 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png b-a-a.png b-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-f.png s--.png s-f.png s-th.png

The Rodian flashed out the lancer pistol and aimed a couple of stray shots that made a small landslide; a small action wouldn't actually hinder the Nitko, but enough of a distraction that Tanson used to dart into the caves that lead under the lava streams ; the Nitro would come to him.

"If you pick a honest fight; your only looking for a place to settle your grave. Now if you don't mind, I got a shuttle to catch."

(Fired a lancer shot, missed, I will bank 1 advantage for a rank in accurate and 3 for a free move. I will move into the caves. I guess this keeps me at long range since I sort of have to go around you? Sorry for not being exciting, I haven't rolled a natural Thriumph yet...

Basically I'm in the caves, where nastier things can happen. Still at long range. I also spent a DP for a thermal cloak to nagate setback dice related to heat.)

wounds: 0/12 Strain: 0/17 DP: 3:1

Edited by LordBritish
Thematically getting into the caves is more interesting

Bulk was slightly irritated, while he really thought that this guy, an insect like Rodian it seems, would charge at him, he just send some very missplaced shots at him. Was that some kind of warningshot? or did this fellow intend to shot him but was so full of fear of Bulk that he couldn't aim straight? Or was it the fatigue of the heat... some thing even Bulk realizes.

The the rodian makes a sharp turn like a corellian razorgrassrabbit and dives into the lava caves.

Bulk sighns, so fear it was? He looked around muttering:
Hmm those caves were all connected in some kind of manner. Well time to hunt myself a rabbit it seems. ..

He starts running.

OK this now really is calling for a chase! (since you are running away ^^)

I'll use 2 maneuvers (one for 2 strain) to close to medium range and then I start running as Athletic action.

I would say the difficulty of the chase is 2, and we both gain one extra setback for terrain (these caves have lots of hazards) + heat (which you ignore) + smoke (which I can ignore).

each succses means one move ether I close in on you or you get away from me. (so the the outcome will always be determin after both of us had made theire repective rolls, advantages, triumphes, threats and despairs are spend immediatly) ether I got to engage you (battle) or you get to one over extreme (you sucessfully escape) ends the chase.

(the boost you awarded yourself with for the 1 Advantage would translate to the headstart you have)

Would that be ok @LordBritish ? (will make my check once you confirmed)

Edited by Nightone

Aye sure, I was really just buying time, but if it can be woven into a more entertaining format that's cool with me! Just I haven't got any tools that can deal with you without a long time, so it makes sense he would do a brace robin

Edited by LordBritish

Cool! I really like the idea of the chase! so lets run!

So I gain three setbacks (2 for heat and 1 for the cavesystem as my opticals remove the smoke)

Chase Round 1:

4eA+2eP+2eD+3eS : 2 successes, 3 advantage [4eA=A/A, A/A, S/A, S/S] [2eP=A, S] [2eD=Th/Th, F] [3eS=Th, F, -]
a-a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-s.png p-a.png p-s.png d-th-th.png d-f.png s-th.png s-f.png s--.png

Bulk runs fast!
"LITTLE BUNNY! I COME FOR YAAAA!!"

He used his own mass to accelerate to top speed within seconds, when he reached the cave entrance he got the scent of his prey to the nose, making it easier to follow the rodian runaway.

Bulk likes to hunt! At the end of Hunt mostly awaits good fight... or at least good lunch!

(I gain 1 boost for one advantage (I've got your scent!) and I regain 2 strain because it feels so good to hunt!

If I get closer or not is determined after your check.

WT: 0/25 ST:0/13 DP: 3W-1B

Edited by Nightone

(Alright, I am at work ATM, so I will get a reply when I get in, unfortunately my obligation rolled today. XD)

No sweat (I'm also at Work atm and still 5 hours to go... )

"LITTLE BUNNY! I COME FOR YAAAA!!"

"Oh great, he's honest and stupid. The worst combination."

Tanson sighed under the helm as his visor's setting compensated for the smoke and darkness, on one hand it made them easy to fool, on the other it made them impossible to reason with.

In short, a perfect bloodhound. The Rodian pressed into the cave with a gathering sense of urgency as he jogged down the smooth gorge that had been painstakingly carved out by the lava, as he pressed into the cave mouth he noted that it was lit by the afterglow of lava that passed deeper under the earth, it's illumination gave rise to a criss/cross of tunnels. Even that short jog and the Rodian breathing; deeply regretting not taking physical education seriously back on Ode Mantel...

The clatter of feet arriving at the cave entrance made that distant memory seem quite trival.

"Think smart, not hard Tanson, there must be another exposed inlet somewhere..."

(Spent one destiny point (2:2)

Survival Check (Scanner goggles and thermal cloak removed 4 of the 4 setback dice. quite handy! Spend 1 destiny point. : 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png p-a-a.png b-a.png d-f.png d-f.png

(Then, unmatched fortune! (1:3 Destiny pool) I will change the double advantage into a success and a Thriumph! So that's 3 success, 1 advantage and 1 Thrumph. I will spend the advantage for a boost dice, and the Thriumph...)

The Rodian was fairly quick in picking a direction to go, going up would generally yield results and the furthest tunnel seemed to have a cooler (relatively speaking) breeze piping through it, so he began to run that way; a notification clicked in his helm as his armour hissed.

-DANGER: GRADE 5 HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENT. EXCESSIVE LEVELS OF HEAT, TOXIC GASES.
O2 CONCENTRATION: LOW
CONTAMINANT DETECTED: MANY; SEVERE HEALTH RISK
ARMOUR STATUS: SEALED.
TIME REMAINING, 9.59 MINUTES.-

The time remaining began to count down as the Rodian pressed on swiftly; underneath his helmet he allowed himself a sigh of relief as he slid down the smooth slope. It was going to be a race of endurance; not speed.

Thankfully; his vac sealed gave him the advantage in such a competition.

(Basically, I figured that knowing the lay of the land would be the first part to this battle. Kekekeke. I figured there's one of two things I can do this; pernimentl upgrade one dice to a red for the chase checks to reflect the favourable terrian; or make the toxic for this chase. With your brawn of 5 (6? I'm not sure whether your armour counts towards it) the latter effect is mainly a potential hazard; should bulk fail to hold his breath. kekekek)

Wounds: 0/12 Strain: 0/17 Destiny pool: 1:3 in your favour. @Nightone

Edited by LordBritish

Nice one!

Yes the armour bonus counts as strenght points to everything except Wounds and soaks.

To hold my breath I'll roll a coordination check each round if I fail I'll start suffocating. I'll start at difficulty 1 and increase this every round by one.

Of course this is just a reaction check.

I still gain one boost from last round (i got your scent so i smell the toxic fast enought to hold my breath) and i can ignore the heat setback due to Iron Body on coordination checks. So no Set backs.

Hold my breath: http://orokos.com/roll/541764

2eA+2eP+1eB+1eD: 5 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=S, S] [2eP=S, S/A] [1eB=S/A] [1eD=Th]

Ok no trouble this round. And i can keep the speed (1 advantage)

So here is my running check.(since you didn't used the Set back for difficult terraine with in the Cave system, i myself will also let it Slip this round) only 2 setback for heat.

http://orokos.com/roll/541766

4eA+2eP+1eB+2eD+2eS: 5 successes, 2 advantage [4eA=S/S, S/S, A, A] [2eP=S/A, S] [1eB=-] [2eD=Th, F] [2eS=-, -]

Chasecount:

Bulk 0+2+5

Tanso 2+3+?

(now that you know the teraine the next running check should be athletics for you, don't you think?)

The advantage will give me a boost to keep my breath.

He was running fast. The Black bunny lured him deeper into the caves. Then he smelt it... like rotten eggs... toxic air? Most likely. He kept his breath and tried to Run faster. He was sure he was coming closer to his prey...

Meanwhile he got a bit disapointed... toxic air was like a cheat... and he couldn't even swear aloud about it... yes Bulk get angry!

(OOC: Ahhh the cave system; I had forgotten about the setback dice associated to that.)

RUN TANSON RUN ( I knew I should have taken physical exercise seriously! Gahhh!) : 2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-a-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png s-f.png

(I will use the one advantage for the boost dice in my next phase.

Bulk 0+2+5

Tanso 2+3+1 )

"Oh bugger me, no wonder Tobin had a speeder bike that could drive itself; this is torture."

By now the Rodian had dropped the cool persona he had adopted as he pressed on; turning, twisting down various passage ways, the running brought him to an underground Cavern as he ran; where multiple streams joined together to make a big river of the slow stuff. Still, he made decent progress and he at least felt good about his chances as he chanced a glance back over his shoulder; he hadn't seen the bounty hunter since the cave entrance.

"Surely even he isn't stupid enough to come down here without a respirator. Be pushing up the lily's if I weren't so well prepared."

Edited by LordBritish

Yeah the successes say I got you now on engaged!! The Hunt is over.

But first I need to hold my breath.

http://orokos.com/roll/541809

2eA+2eP+1eB+2eD: 0 successes, 7 advantage [2eA=A/A, S/A] [2eP=S/A, A/A] [1eB=A/A] [2eD=F/F, Th]

Ok not so good: I start suffocating and suffer 3 Strain. But therefore 7 advantages.

(3 for 2 Boosts and 2 for free maneuver and 2 for strain regain)

There he was! The Rodian-Rabbit deeper in the hole! The Prey wasn't aware that he was so close... good!

Bulk took a leap forward. He would tackle the runaway into the sharp obsidian wall.

"FOUND YAAA!!" he shouted... and realized immediatly how stupid this was, as he breathed in a mouthfull of the toxic air... but it seemed it wasn't too strong...yet. At least he didn't realized it to much as he went into battle mode and his vision became the funny fuzzy red, and the toxic air seems to stimulate him, or the lack of oxygen. Netherless he charged at full speed into the little rodian... He had to akt fast... the air was really thin...

Attacking with 2 boosts + 2 aim boosts + 1 Upgrade due to frenzy attack (suffer 1 Strain) + 3 setback (heat and cavesystem)

http://orokos.com/roll/541812

2eA+4eP+4eB+2eD+3eS: 9 successes, 5 advantage [2eA=A, S/S] [4eP=S/S, S/A, S/A, S/S] [4eB=S/A, A, S, A] [2eD=-, Th] [3eS=F, -, -]

Ouch 19 damage in one go. Minus 4 soak... still 15. So you pass out.

The crit will be increased by leathal blows 1 and 4 due to advantages.

http://orokos.com/roll/541813

52 + 50 = 102 maimed... sorry 'bout the mess!

Bulk rammed his prey into the Wall and crushed the rodians head to the sharp glas like stones again and again and ripped with his claws on the moveless body until the enemys visor broke and he could see that the rodian had fainted.

He grapped the lifeless Body realizing that an arm was torn apart... Upsss... Well nothing a good B-21 wouldn't be able to fix.

Time to leave this toxic place... or he would become stoned.

When he reached the outside of the caves, he sended a message to the empireal officer. "Target eleminated! droped it in a lavapit!"

The he went to his ship and stuffed the rodian in the very small prisoner confinmend under his seat.

"I know a doc that could help ya... told ya I wont kill ya, didn't I? And I got no money for ya so the bucketheads can keep your arm and I keep you!"

He started the engines.

Edited by Nightone

Wow. I guess thats over then. XD I was surprised you caught up so quickly, though then again absolute soak power houses are my weakness, and I faced two in a row. I guess I need a new arm. XD

The last thing Tanson thought, when he heard the booming voice from above as the shadow descended;

"Oh, I just ****** up."

Ow. Probably the next time he would wake would be in the surgery somewhere down the line, both confused, mystified and furious in equal measure.

"If he wasn't gonna hand me in.... WHY DID HE TAKE MY ARM! WAS IT SOME KIND OF PUN?! DID HE LITERALLY THINK THAT DISARMING ME, MEANT PULLING MY ARM OFF?!?! GAHHHHHHHHH"

The young man slouched in the hosptial bed, shaking his head slowly.*

"My mother's so gonna kill me for this."

Edited by LordBritish

It was fun. I had just luck with checks.

The toxic air could verywell become my downfall.

My luck i catched you before it get the chance to really hurt me.

Edited by Nightone

Heat 3A @Nightone with The Bulk vs @Richardbuxton with Arrther

(had to reroll since first would had been 17 volcanic canyon again... and two time in a row the same spot is borring! Should be ok with you, isn't it? )

Initative : 62 Vigilance (ambush on the ambusher?)

Starting Range : 45 Medium Range (straight forward ^^)

Destiny points: I choose low, you may roll.

Location: Urban Skywalk, somewhere in Coronet the Capital of Corellia.

The Skywalk is located just 200 m above the ground. One side is full of apartments, offices, shops, botiques, cafés and restaurants with some outlets the other side is a free space due to a skytrafficway. Occassionally there are bridges that lead over the skyroad to another skywalk (medium range to cross the bridges).
Beneath there are also severals skywalks (always in short range).

It is very early in the morning, the sun had just set and there are only some cleaning-, maintanace- and dumpsterdroids here and there to see. A strong wind is blowing from over the razorglass field carring the scent of the correlian spring and the oily stench of swoopbike races over.

Enviromental Hazard: Strong Wind 1 Setback to all body-involving tasks (such as athletics, coordination and anykind of attack)