Jedi Quest IC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

"Slow down there, podracer. Who's this Chundarr character? Why does he want to be a bounty hunter? Or is this just more of that "he has a destiny" poodu the Force seems to bring on?" Grumbling, he adds, to the other figure, "It's not even just the Jedi- have you ever tried to get a straight answer out of a Gand Findsman?"

On 7/13/2017 at 0:07 AM, Mychal'el said:

Back at the carnival...

"Hi, I'm Koda. What's your name?"

The Baby Wampa looked like it was about to smile, but then it's eyes began to water. He jutted his bottom lip out and it began quivering.

"Oh no! It's ok, it's ok, you're alright." Koda tried to calm him.

The baby Wampa gave out a loud cry. The giant furry couch began to roll over and get up. Meeko the Loth-Cat took one slow back step between the metal bars. The couch turned around to face them, and it bore a striking resemblance to the baby Wampa. Koda was petrified. The couch did not look or sound happy.

"CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OUOUOUOUOUOUOUCH?" She roared.

"Uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you... How are you?" Koda stammered.

The couch, which will now be referred to as Mamma Wampa, scooped up her baby and Koda with one paw and clutched them both tightly to her bosom. The baby was now perfectly content, open mouth gnawing Koda's ear, getting his drool and hot moist breath all up in there. Momma Wampa grabbed a handful of food from the trough, swallowed after only barely chewing once, laid back down, and began snoring.

"Oh no!" Koda squeaked, unable to budge. "I have to use the toilet!"

Edited by Mychal'el

Meanwhile, maa't continued to talk with the wolfman.

Chundarr is a wookie who killed his master, afterwards his friends put a bounty on chundarr.

I found him and we have inseparable ever since.

But I cannot train him like a bounty hunter you must if chundarr can survive

Edited by Matt Skywalker

The two figures enchanged a glance before the wolfman continued. "Well, we can deal with that later. My name is Jarash Reynard, and that is Tovera Dravas. Right now the first order is trying to get into the corridor I cleared for you, and these walls wont stand up to demolition charges. Are you ready to earn your cut of the bounty?"

Korath rounded a corner in the hallways he was following to see a black robed figure standing, seemingly waiting for Korath. A small antenna on this figure's oversized helmet began to spin before pointing directly at Korath. He spoke softly and the sound of his voice was distorted.

Target acquired. Awaiting orders.

Orders confirmed. No mercy.

As soon as he was done speaking, he pulled his robes aside revealing heavy armor underneath. From with his robes this figure pulled a lightsaber out and ignited it's beam. A red glow filled the hallway as he pointed it at Korath!

Occ: roll initiative and what's your discipline?

Korath steps forward, drawing and activating his lightsaber, its sapphire blade extending smoothly from the hilt, as he focuses on the Force to draw a protective field around him, but the Force is not within this time.

The robed figure stands rigid still pointing his red lightsaber blade at Korath. He raises his other hand outward as well. Electric bolts surround his hand and then are directed towards Korath. A single stream of force conducted electricity his Korath!

Edited by killerbeardhawk

The Tendrils seep its Korath, draining him, severely. However, focusing on the Force, he envelops his opponent in a wall of light, impeding the villain's ability to access the Force.

Mychal'el, Maa't, and Tovera get a chill running throughout their bodies through the Force, They Feel a Dark presence in the hall very near. Someone is in imminent danger.

Tovera shivered, glancing toward the door. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Jarash asked, but he saw Maa't also react toward the door. "Hmm. Tovera, watch the prisoner. Master Maa't, will you be joining me? I get the impression there's something up your alley this way." Prowling toward the door, he drew one of the rifles slung across his back, searching for a target.

Tovera nodded and sat at the computer, spinning the chair to keep an eye on the FO commander. "Your friend is about to have a very poor day," she informed the imperial.

----------------

Jarash is drawing the geonisian rifle, and taking 1 move toward the combat.

Vigilance : 1eA+3eP 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-s.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png

Tovera is keeping an eye on the FO commander.

The channeled electrical energy burst threw the wall of light Korath had projected. A blinding light flashed when the energy hit Korath and when it dimmed he was on the floor unconscious.

This robed man returned his lightsaber to underneath his robes. He approached Korath cautiously but lurched almost robotically.

Threat level was less than expected. Taking prisoner into custody. Awaiting your arrival.

The robed man began dragging Korath by his foot through the hallway. As they reached the elevator and stepped in, Jarash had just rounded a corner to see them inside. The figure quickly pressed a button and the elevator door closed before Jarash could make it there.

"Elevator, 3rd corridor."

Tovera turned back to the computer. "Active, heading to the lower levels. Theres some kind of lockout..."

"Understood. If I recall my lore correctly, Black Robe carrying unconscious Brown robe into secret facility is generally a bad thing."

Tovera didnt get the joke. "If you say so, sir. Instructions?"

"I'm coming back. If they're heading to the lower levels, lets see if that air vent we heard our 'friend' use earlier goes down that far."

"And the prisoner?" Tovera looked back at the FO Commander.

She could hear Jarash sigh. "Bounty is to clear the facility of first order. He gets one more chance to cooperate, otherwise we need to kill him and move on. It's not pretty, but we cant sit here and baby sit him."

Tovera frowned, but confirmed. "Understood sir." Speaking to the First order commander, she relayed the instruction. "Last chance. Surrender the facility or die."

The officer spat a mouthful of blood onto the floor at Rivera's feet. He grinned showing his red stained teeth.

"This facility's security is accessed via facial recognition. Without a senior officer you'll never crack the systems and I'd rather die than hand this facility over to you!"

4 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

The officer spat a mouthful of blood onto the floor at Rivera's feet. He grinned showing his red stained teeth.

"This facility's security is accessed via facial recognition. Without a senior officer you'll never crack the systems and I'd rather die than hand this facility over to you!"

"I'm sorry, if you'd told us that at the start, we could have left your face alone." There was a whine of a vibroweapon powering up. "Oh well. Broken eggs."

A slash of her hand and a dance to the side, and a spray of blood erupted from the FO officer's neck.

She turned to Jarash as he reentered the office. "He said security is facial recognition based."

The Shistivastan bounty hunter nodded in thought, ignoring the human bleeding out behind his protoge. "Something to keep in mind. Lets go, elevators are only slow if you're the one in them." he led the way over the the air vent, slid into the main drop shaft, and lit his jetpack. Tovera followed, and the two of them rode down to the lower levels on a pillar of flame.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:28 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Mychal'el, Maa't, and Tovera get a chill running throughout their bodies through the Force, They Feel a Dark presence in the hall very near. Someone is in imminent danger.

The man in Mandalorian armor felt a surge in the force. He could sense darkness looming overhead. The Force was calling out to him again, guiding his thoughts and actions.

He stopped to meditate on the will of the Force. And it allowed him to peer into the minds of the beings nearest to him at that very moment.

Maxed Sense Thoughts Discipline

3eF+3eP+1eA: 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side, 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph [3eF=LS/LS, DS, LS/LS][3eP=Tr, S, S] [1eA=A]

f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png p-tr.png p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png

One being in particular was looking down with distain at whom it suspected was a Jedi. Reveling triumphantly over the sadistic pain it had inflicted on it's quarry, it was heading down toward the lower levels.

Could this have been the creature who ambushed and slaughtered the Stormtroopers? Was this the source of evil I was meant to stop? Have the Sith revealed themselves?

Sith worship their own selfishness and greed, and they strive to be abusive masters of the Force. Despicable fools! As if the Force could be anyone's slave! If this creature follows the ways of the Sith, I must return it's life to the Force.

For centuries the Jedi Order has lead too many astray with their hypocritical traditions and philosophies. Despite that, some sincere individuals have seen the light and have chosen to live in harmony with the will of the Force. Perhaps the captive seeks the path of truth?

Edited by Mychal'el

And we're back! I’ll start by flipping a DS Destiny Point . The pool is 1 dark, 7 light.

It’s Initiative time: everyone except for Korath and 6T6 please make a Simple (-) Vigilance check and post the results here. @Richardbuxton just let me know when 6T6 is ready to go and we'll roll him in.

---

Mychal’el was so focused on his own thoughts that he didn’t sense the presences nearby…at least, not until he realized he was surrounded. A full squad of stormtroopers equipped in riot-gear were just rounding the corner a short distance ahead, and another squad approached from a ways away behind him, running.

The stormtroopers at close range advanced with trepidation, shields up, stealing the briefest of glances at each other.

(Mychal’el is standing at a cross-way, with stormtroopers approaching from north at short range and south at medium range)

- - -

Nearby, Jarash had descended through the turbolift shaft. The lift had stopped, and accessing it via the roof was easy, but the dark figure was nowhere to be seen. Ahead of him, he saw a figure in Mandalorian armor, standing in the middle of the walkway. He was readying himself for action.

(Jarash is at medium range to the east of Mychal’el)

---

Maa’t stood at the precipice of the turbolift, wondering whether to attempt something as brash as Jarash without a jetpack...

(for a Destiny Point , Maa’t can make a skill check right now, outside of initiative, and narrate how he got down the turbolift shaft. I’ll accept a Daunting ( PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png ) Coordination check or a Hard ( PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png ) Athletics check. Either check has two 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png Setbacks added. Either that or you can try and descend on your turn as normal. The length of the turbolift shaft here is "long range," with Maa't at the top at Jarash at the bottom)

Edited by awayputurwpn

Vigilance : 1eA+3eP 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-s.png p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png

Jumping down the shaft : 4eA+2eS+3eD+4eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

a-s-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png s--.png s--.png d-th.png d--.png d-f-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

I'll use the force via enhance to add 4 advantage

maa't will attempt to jump down the shaft and this is his roll.

Maa't jumped down the shaft.

Initiative : 5eP+1eA 6 successes, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-a.png a--.png

Edited by Matt Skywalker
5 hours ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Maa't jumped down the shaft ...

...Deftly maneuvering between support struts and cables, hurtling down at near impossible speed until he tumbled through the opening in the top of the lift. His roll brought him to his feet beside his new acquaintance, Jarash, and he looked around for signs of trouble:

13 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

...the dark figure was nowhere to be seen. Ahead of him, he saw a figure in Mandalorian armor, standing in the middle of the walkway. He was readying himself for action.

Edited by awayputurwpn
13 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Nearby, Jarash had descended through the turbolift shaft. The lift had stopped, and accessing it via the roof was easy, but the dark figure was nowhere to be seen. Ahead of him, he saw a figure in Mandalorian armor, standing in the middle of the hallway. He was readying himself for action.

(Jarash is at medium range to the east of Mychal’el)

Survival as inititive (Shistivastan) : 4eP 5 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png

The order:

PC <- you are here.
NPC
PC
NPC
PC

The Stormtroopers are under the effects of the Adversary 2 talent, upgrading the Difficulty of any incoming combat checks by 2. While their shields are equipped they also have a Defense rating of 3, both ranged & melee, imposing 3 Setbacks 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png on any combat checks targeting them.

There are four groups of them, two in the front at short range from Mychal'el and two in the back at medium range.

Jarash and Maa't are at medium range from Mychal'el, cannot see the troopers in the front at all (they are hidden behind a large column of tanks and tubes), and are catching brief glimpses of the stormtroopers advancing from the rear, who are at long range from Jarash & Maa't. Any combat checks made to target these troopers from long range suffer an additional 3 environmental setbacks 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png while they remain at long range, due to the dense piping structures obscuring the view.

Mychal'el was just meters away from the white-armored stormtroopers of the First Order. These troopers were well-armored, and numbered at least a dozen. Equipped with shiny white shields and some wicked-looking batons, they advanced at a hesitant pace, as if not quite sure what to expect from this individual they'd come to apprehend. Nevertheless, they were all advancing as one, reflecting their excellent battle training (and likely some augmentative hardware).

The armor-clad Seeker was at a crossway, with dense vertical piping behind him on both sides of the broad walkway, and larger columns ahead of him, also on both sides of the walkway. These looked like support columns, and were covered in what looked like tubes and holding tanks.

Surrounding and supporting the walkway was an open structure, open on all ends, which consisted of hex-shaped support rings connected with durasteel joists. The hexagonal rings arched over the walkway at an interval of several meters, and were each inlaid with glowpanels that illuminated the walkway.

Jarash and Maa't had just alighted from the turbolift, and could see the Mandalorian up ahead on the walkway, with stormtroopers running towards him from his rear. To either side of them, the walkway also extended in many branching paths from the turbolift cluster, some paths obscured and some leading into relative darkness.

--

@Mychal'el has asked for the first PC slot, so go for it man.

"Do not come any closer! If anyone here values their lives, you will leave immediately, and I will spare you!" The armored figure's grisly voice shattered the air.

Two white lightning- hot blades shot out from both of his hands, angrily crackling and hissing. Making the soldiers in white jump in their skin.

The first soldiers to disregard the warning and continue to advance were promptly lifted up into thin air and suspended over the chasm below. They were hyperventilating and kicking their feet, grasping for something, anything to grab on to, but nothing was within reach.

"I can't hold them forever!" He shouted, "What will be the fate of your comrades?" He asked the others, standing en garde.

Incidental - Speaking

Incidental - Quick Draw Talent

Action - Force Power Move

Incidental - Speaking

Maneuver - Guarding Stance

Edited by Mychal'el

Nice!! Way to kick it off. Go ahead and roll a Move power check for lifting the troopers (roll your Force dice, spend points to activate the basic power & requisite upgrades like strength & magnitude), and combine it with a Formidable ( vAUuWiq.png vAUuWiq.png vAUuWiq.png vAUuWiq.png PZZOkjQ.png , 4eC+1eD ) Coercion check or a Hard ( PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png PZZOkjQ.png 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png 4QnFeTq.png , 3eD+3eS ) Negotiation check to get some of the other troopers to back down.

You'll also need to commit 1 Force die per stormtrooper that you want to keep aloft, and you can keep them committed across multiple rounds for 1 strain per Force die, if you wish.

Lastly, just making sure you know, using the Force in this way will result in Conflict.

Since I'm negotiating with their lives I'd say they would probably classify it as coercion in their incident reports.

Move/Coercion : 3eF+4eC+1eD+3eA 2 failures, 1 threat, 1 Despair, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png c-f.png c-th.png c-d.png c-th-th.png d-th.png a-a.png a--.png a-a-a.png

I'll use the DPs and dock the strain

Edited by Mychal'el

Threat & Despair: Mychal'el suffers 1 strain and drops one of his lightsabers. It falls below him, at medium range.

Mychal'el gestured and two stormtroopers were lifted off the ground. His words, however, fell on deaf ears, and as he spoke, one of the stormtroopers that was being suspended in midair managed to get his blaster out. He took a shot, and Mychal'el reflected it off his saber, but the energy behind the blast wrenched the weapon from his grasp. The lightsaber deactivated as it sailed down several meters, and landed with a metallic thunk on a lower walkway.

Will take the NPC turn promptly.

Edited by awayputurwpn