Star Wars: In The Pits OOC

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Coercion Check : 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 success
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png s-th.png \

Okay it looks like one success but its actually more, Plausible Deniability allows me to take away a setback so thats one less threat and Bull is a Zabrak so he gets an automatic advantage from his racial ability, so thats 1 success 2 advantage.

Now I'll start writing a post.

20 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

@Revanchist what would you say motivates Sevrath? What drives him on a daily basis? Also what is his Obligation? Would you say his deal with the Hutt is perhaps not quite what he expected? Or is there another element at play?

Sorry, thought I had filled the Motivation and Obligation in already. Done. The deal with the Hutt is certainly not what he expected, and having to deal with the . . . unique Doctor on staff has certainly not helped him . In addition, as his connection to the Force has grown he has become increasingly aware of how broken, not just his species is, but the whole galaxy. This, combined with the lack of anything from his research, is making him begin to question whether there is actually a missing piece.

Well I guess I'm the dark one here

Destiny Point Roll : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Now for some more mechanical information on the arena. It's long range across the empty arena, but because of all the walls it's treated as extreme... unless you can find a faster way to get across. The longest distance you can get between you and a visible opponent is Medium, again unless you can find another way.

There is lots of cover too, so any Ranged check at Medium or longer has a Setback automatically added.

45 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

Sorry, thought I had filled the Motivation and Obligation in already. Done. The deal with the Hutt is certainly not what he expected, and having to deal with the . . . unique Doctor on staff has certainly not helped him . In addition, as his connection to the Force has grown he has become increasingly aware of how broken, not just his species is, but the whole galaxy. This, combined with the lack of anything from his research, is making him begin to question whether there is actually a missing piece.

Well I guess I'm the dark one here

Destiny Point Roll : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Ok. And what is his actual Morality score? Did you take 50 for the extra xp/credits or did you take a more interesting option?

With that IC description lets have a Discipline check, Average with 2 Setback for the roaring crowd.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Coercion Check : 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 success
p-s-a.png p-a.png p-s.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png s-th.png \

Okay it looks like one success but its actually more, Plausible Deniability allows me to take away a setback so thats one less threat and Bull is a Zabrak so he gets an automatic advantage from his racial ability, so thats 1 success 2 advantage.

Now I'll start writing a post.

With that success you can have a boost on your first check, any ideas for those Advantage? Additional defense perhaps or something else for the first round?

The Destiny starts at 6/1, but with a Dark Sider in the party it now stands at 5/2.

For two advantages? Free extra maneuver next turn?

Sounds good to me, a free Manoeuvre before your turn? Or just don't have to spend 2 Strain for your second during your turn?

Don't spend on the strain on the second Maneuver.

Just a reminder, we rolled 6 light DPs and 1 dark DP. Vyrr is a dark-sided Force user, so the current balance is 5 light and 2 dark.

Edit number 1: oh, I hadn't seen the original post when I said wrote the previous paragraph. And I missed Richardbuxton's remark on this four posts earlier.

Edit number 2: Vigilance : 1eA+1eP 1 success, 2 advantage
a-s.png p-a-a.png

Edited by Arctanaar

Perhaps I should have been more clear, I'll continuously edit the very first post on this thread with game related important information such as initiative, Destiny, important characters etc.

I put it there because it's by far the easiest post to find simply by going to the first page.

Moving the question from my edit number two here, for the sake of visibility.

Question: I want to rush into the maze. Do I have any cover to use Stealth against whatever may be inside? And are there any moving parts in the maze? Are we allowed to climb the walls?

This is a Hutt fighting pit that may or may not even be legal, rules hardly apply, do as you want.

Stealth will be Hard because it's so loud and the walls echo so its difficult not to accidentally stumble into something, but that noise also adds a boost. Then there will be a Black dice added because these creatures can smell you really well.

Climbing over a wall is an Average Athletics check, possible modifiers depending on the specific instance

Walking the tops of the walls is an Average Coordination with an Upgrade. Possibly other modifiers depending on circumstances.

I think that I want to get ahead of my teammates. I will be running inside at full speed. Could also impress some of the crowd with an athletic Chadra-Fan running fast with all that equipment.

Athletics : 2eA+2eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-s.png a-a.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

I wish to spend my 2 FP on gaining successes. As for the advantage, I think that Vyrr notices that this is one of those rounds with levers placed across the arena to control some gates/doors.

Ok with that much success you can jump a couple of walls and end up almost in the centre.

If the 2 entrances are opposite at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions then the 2 levers are on the outer walls at the 3 and 9 position.

can you Narrate something epic for all that?

Edited by Richardbuxton

Yeah, was waiting for your reply.

A nice roll

Discipline : 2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-s.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s--.png

And for my Vigilance check:

Vigilance : 3eA 0 successes, 4 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png a-a.png

Ok so tell me what insight you gained with that meditation?

As for initiative the NPCS get the drop on you. I'll post once Revanchist has decided.

I hope that Revanchist posts soon. I have already thought up a rough plan regarding what Vyrr is going to do.

I would like to use my meditation in order to gain some ideas on potential weaknesses on what we will be facing.

Apologies for taking a bit, I have very limited free time atm.

Edited by Revanchist

Ok, how about ignoring defense for the first 2 rounds as the Force guides your blade?

Or on a more narrative level I could provide some kind of vision of the beasts

Remember 1 of the NPC's acts first.

18 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Ok, how about ignoring defense for the first 2 rounds as the Force guides your blade?

Or on a more narrative level I could provide some kind of vision of the beasts

Well I am unarmed, and will be using Harm to kill the wee beasties, so whatever might help with that, or if I can relay the information I get to my teammates in order to buff them for the first two rounds.

Meditation could add bonus force points to harm.

5 hours ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Meditation could add bonus force points to harm.

While it may be somewhat too strong for this kind of check, I think that it fits here.

I'll go with that, add 1 additional Force Dice to your first power check.